Cargill Employee Reviews

Excellent
Boiler/Vacuum Pan Operator (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHFebruary 23, 2018
Excellent work environment the Union and the company work together.The pay is above average for the area and when Cargill bought the company 20 yesrs ago they put millions of dollars into improving the plant.
Pros
Pay, friendly co workers
Exelente lugar de trabajo
Especialista (Former Employee) –  Sangamon County, ILFebruary 22, 2018
Una de las compañias que da mejores prestaciones buen ambiente de trabajo definitivamente recomiendo esta empresa a cualquiera.
Horrible environment
Operator I (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 21, 2018
The Morale was horrible in certain departments. Micro-management, stressful, long hours, and rotating shifts. It all depends on what department you were in. Strong safety culture though 100%, their safety program is one of the best I have ever seen. They go over and beyond for safety.
Pros
Great pay, great benefits, and some possibility to make alot of money.
Cons
Stressful, Poor management, Rotating shifts
Beef division
Fabrication Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Morgan, COFebruary 20, 2018
Cargill's benefit package is second to none, they had great health benefits for my family. The hours are long and its hard work with fluctuating hours depending on season.
Great workforce, weak management at the location I worked at
Plant Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXFebruary 20, 2018
I loved working for Cargill, I did not enjoy the manager I worked for. He was a bully and his boss did little to deal with him even before i came to the plant. After I left the plant both of those individuals were excused from their positions.
Pros
Overall a great place to work
Cons
Then, management was weak
Seen alot of Cargill in 15 yrs
Manufacturing IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Monticello, MNFebruary 20, 2018
Left for more money, but no job or company after has met my expectations. Cargill teaches and expects ethics and saftey, have not seen its likes since leaving. I long to be apart of the family again, but their IT needs have changed over the last few years. Keep feeding the world Cargill.
Pros
Free food at may old locations
Awesome work environment!
Data Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hopkins, MNFebruary 14, 2018
Cargill allowed the flexibility to work in a environment that worked best for you... whether that was in a cubicle, a lounge area, or telecommute! They believe in "letting you do your job" and not micromanaging your every move.

One drawback is that you are trained for your position and only your position. If another area of your department was overwhelmed you were not "allowed" to step up and assist them... It would have made more sense to cross train.
Cargill Machine Operator
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 12, 2018
Cargill is a pretty good company to work for. I been with them a little under a year. I ran a machine called the Formax. Fairly easy machine to work on as long you know what you are doing. They have been very patient and kind to me during my time with Cargill learning the machine etc. Good people I worked with at the location I worked at.
Management provides no clear vision
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLFebruary 12, 2018
This particular site has many internal personnel problems from management down. Work/life balance is nearly non-existent for salaried supervisors. Bringing on new business without managing what they already have.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Excessive work hours - poor management and high internal conflict
carigill
multivac opperator (Former Employee) –  Ottumwa, IAFebruary 11, 2018
This was one of my favorite jobs I have held, if it wasn't for my I'll child I would gladly of stayed and made a career with them. They treat their employees like family and everyone looks out for each other.
Pros
flexable managment that works with the employees
Cons
some jobs do not work for pregnant wemon
a Typical day
Computer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNFebruary 11, 2018
The day starts off with a shift turnover to discuss If there were any system problems. Next I would run a job that would remove tapes from silo to be ship to offsite storage. Next I would run job that would give me a list of tapes that would be use on my shift and I would load them into the silo and tape library I would also run special request for process. Check for outages on lan servers reboot lan servers for clients on request. print reports,,monitor jobs and anything that would help make things run smoothly. Every so often new jobs implementation process would be did. management check in when there was problems and fine out the remedy. Work place culture was a diverse work place. I was able to cope with all expectations of my job. I enjoyed when I was able to do new things.
Pros
My problem solving skills
It is a tremendous work environment.
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Friona, TXFebruary 9, 2018
It a tremendous work environment to me, because it it a quick pace job. Alot of movement so a good workout routine and busy setting. I recommend this job for someone who loves to stay busy throughout the day.
Pros
Stay busy
Cons
Can be strain fully if you are not careful.
Typical day at Work
Low Raitor (Former Employee) –  Plainview, TXFebruary 9, 2018
We would go in, clock in, get dressed for the area we was had to work, that means certain boots, overalls, and anything else to help ensure nothing would become contaminated. My job I had to take the chain off the cows leg and only cut the hide so the leggers can do their job in removing the hide from the leg.
worst place i ever worked
Laborer (Former Employee) –  IndianaFebruary 8, 2018
managers lie and cheat, there is no accountability, upper management has no clue how the people are treated and talked to by managers and supervisors.
benefits
Cons
work conditions, hours, and management
fast paced inviroment
Meat Processor (Former Employee) –  Beardstown, ILFebruary 7, 2018
well this is not a bad company to work for, it had some benefits like 401 k, and retirement, bad thing is that you are constantly doing the same job for forty hours a week in a assembly line that is going really fast, so you start hurting and having health issues after a while.
Pros
fast paced contantly
Cons
its ok
good pay and job security
Superintendent / Supervisor /Maintenance Planner (Former Employee) –  Watkins Glen, NYFebruary 7, 2018
The pay is very good for the area. There is plenty of overtime available. There has never been a lay off at this facility. Operators have a lot of freedom to make production and safety decisions.
Pros
security
Cons
shifts
Diverse
Fresh Cuts Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARFebruary 7, 2018
Cargill has an expansive range of careers, highly values training and advancing their employees. Your growth is a direct correlation to your commitment.
There is a very diverse culture.
They strive to provide a safe and ethical environment.
They provide great benefits and support to their employees.
Theft in the company by employees
Electro mechanical (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAFebruary 5, 2018
Management is ok. But there is a problem with theft among employees. Theft from each other and against the company. In 2017 Employees were fired for stealing product from the company. Numerous reports of theft in maintenance and production work areas.
Fast paced
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Dayton, VAFebruary 2, 2018
Very fast paced and hard job. Not for the faint of heart. Employees are definitely very good and friendly. The company knows how to value and cherish their workers.
Pros
Very good pay
Cons
Hard work
fun working environment
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 1, 2018
it's good company to work for. Manager was really nice.
Unfortunately job moved oversea and I got laid-off.

I processed Port expense, Repair and Claim invoices. Had lots of communications with vendors, dispatchers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cargill. Our community is ready to answer.