Cargill Employee Reviews

Found 1,044 reviews matching the search
great place to work
Relief Operator (Current Employee) –  Westwego, LAApril 24, 2017
Its great place to work with strong safety practices its is a Company that will be around for years to come you will be about to gain stability for you and your family working there
Its a job
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Dayton, VAApril 24, 2017
Production is the name of the game. They care more about quantity than quality. Need to be quick to keep up. Management will keep increasing the speed, which cause lots of accidents weekly.

Work week is typically 65 hours and I had clocked 80 hours weekly around Thanksgiving and Christmas, this period usually starts late October to February.
Pros
There is always work on all departments.
Cons
Mandator Saturdays and most Sunday, no days off.
Fast Paced
Former Supervisor (Former Employee) –  IowaApril 22, 2017
The environment was very face paced and I learned a lot in my short time there. It is hard to know where you stand within such a large company. Not my cup of tea.
Great Place to work
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Haven, MIApril 21, 2017
Great place to work! Great people, great atmosphere! Great management! I was a contract employee, it's very hard to get in here, the pay wasn't great. Once you get in, it's pretty secure, no one ever leaves. The culture is like family!
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Hard to get in
nice place to work
Quality grader/somali interpreter (Former Employee) –  Dodge City, KSApril 21, 2017
cargill was absolutely a place to remember always .becouse my experience in working for them was always interesting.i have seen some of the nicest people i have ever seen we were not co-workers bit teammates if somebody is short on productivity there was always another hand that will jump in his rescue and safety was always the first step we took
Restructured
Application Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 20, 2017
This position no longer exists, nor does the organizational structure that supported and necessitated it. The group outsourced to, while generally competent, are not project-oriented.
I was not happy working there.
Maintenance Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSApril 19, 2017
I like my coworkers on my shift. I Management was okay. My typical work day was a lot of emergency maintenance, some routine maintenance, and preventive maintenance.
Pros
The money and my coworkers.
Cons
They promise me a helper. I never recieved a help.
Boiler Operator (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 18, 2017
They need their managers to work on their people skills and stop putting blame on the employees. There is a very low work moral in this work environment.
Pros
Insurance benefits
Cons
Quality of life/lack of management/does not listens to employees
productive, not a fun place to work
Utility Operator (Former Employee) –  Breaux Bridge, LAApril 18, 2017
I was a utility operator in the salt plant which I operated the boiler, dryer bed, and process building equipment.I made my rounds every hour. tested the salt every four hours. I learned how to operate the gas boiler and dryer. management did not aid or help in daily operations or problems . The workplace culture was produce as much salt as possible.safety was not a priority. The hardest part of the job was I was doing the job of two people. Operating boiler, dryer bed , and process building.There was nothing enjoyable about this job.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no help, no breaks
Good place to work for
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Schuyler, NEApril 17, 2017
I have learned a lot since I have started to work for this company, I feel like I have improved as a worker and a person. This company offers a lot of opportunities for the future.
many good benefits and opportunities
Industrial Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Friona, TXApril 17, 2017
Cargill was a fun, jam-packed place to work in. I learned the beef industry processing procedure, and how the machinery in this facility operate. Management was involved in the work processes and safety. The culture was diverse and interesting. Hardest part of the job was the changing of hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with co-workers who would help in any way needed.
Pros
safety equipment provided
Cons
bloody environment
Work
Summer Helper (Former Employee) –  Fort Morgan, COApril 13, 2017
Overall Cargill was a good place to work at. I would definitely recommend them to a friend. it is fairly fast paced but it made the day go by quickly.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Fort Morgan, COApril 13, 2017
My experience with the company was great. I just wanted to try another job specifically working outside. Managements held up to their high standard's
Global company with opportunity
Plant Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  VariousApril 13, 2017
I have not worked for Cargill in many years. I enjoyed my time there, though. Compensation was lacking far behind outside opportunities but there was a (false) sense a career-length job security that kept people around.
Pros
Good management and training
Cons
Poor work/life balance
na
Processing superintendent (Current Employee) –  Hersey, MIApril 13, 2017
Cargill creates an inclusive work environment of thoughts. This results in strong teams working together to achieve a common goal. Cargill also provide a good work life work balance work environment.
Awesome Work life balance poor management and pay
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cordova, TNApril 13, 2017
Workplace culture was great.. people willing to train and assist when needed.

management was not the best

most enjoyable part of the job was the Ag business

pay was horrible and they do not pay for performance.
Pros
work life balance good flexibility and understanding
Cons
High Insurance/benefits Low salary
Cargill
Network Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hopkins, MNApril 13, 2017
The company does not invest in IT. It is more of an issues then a solution. They outsourced all of infrastructure, this is why I left. I did enjoy my time at Cargill and was proud to work there.
Hard job for someone going to school and has a social life.
General Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Friona, TXApril 12, 2017
This job is great pay but hard labor. It's honestly a job for someone who doesn't have a social life and likes working very hard without any other future goal in mind. I will admit that advancing in this company will get you more money but if you plan on being a cop, or doctor or planning on going to school don't take it.
Great Experience
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arapahoe, NEApril 11, 2017
I liked working here, and they liked me! I started out in a temporary office position and ended up with a regular part time job. Unfortunately corporate didnt think my position as an office assistant should be full time, so i wasn't given benefits, but i was able to pick and chose my work days with little questioning. My office kept me busy even in the off season so i wouldn't look for another job! I got to travel and broaden my knowledge of the ag industry
Pros
Variety of positions
Cons
no benefits
no longer there
Dispute Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDApril 11, 2017
Review customer accounts. contact customers that have short payments, over payments due to pricing or quantity issues. figure out the issues and get them adjusted off customers account.
Pros
good team environment
Cons
gave jobs to Costa Rica

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cargill. Our community is ready to answer.