Cargill

Cargill Employee Reviews

Never Again
Truck Driver / Production (Former Employee), Madison, MNApril 3, 2015
The only good thing about working for this company was the individual that was the manager there. The pay was horrible and the management did not know how to treat employees.
Proceed with caution
Contract Execution Specialist (Current Employee), Gainesville, GAApril 1, 2015
Cargill does not always follow through with their promises. Was promised career longevity only to later find out that Cargill did not budget accordingly.
No future if you don't want anything in life!
Elevator worker (Current Employee), Morris, ILMarch 31, 2015
Pros: None!!!!
Cons: Waking up in the morning to go there!!!!!
This company sucks!!!! Don't ever consider working at this dead end job! The pay is horrible, management is horrible, and if you want to work towards no future, then apply. I have never hated a job so much. They don't care about you at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't want to give this place one star, but you are required to do so. Those stars that are on there mean I had to. I wouldn't give this place a half star!!
Business Analyst - OCM (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNMarch 31, 2015
good place to learn; friendly management; challenging job; good perks; helping to co-workers;the most enjoyable part of the job
Great place to work!
Associate Recruiter (Contract) (Current Employee), Hopkins, MNMarch 30, 2015
Cargill is a great company to grow your career. Management provides developmental opportunities as well as a fun work environment.
Fun workplace, ample-room for advacnement
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Morgan, COMarch 29, 2015
Pros: environment, pay
Cons: n/a
day to day operation was enjoyable and informative. Culture was great plus get to meet different people. Management needs better people skills plus education.
Great compensation
Operator (Former Employee), Dayton, OHMarch 29, 2015
great pay but the work schedule was hard. Very hot place to work. My co-workers were great to work with. There safety program was great.
Managers give you a job to do, and expect you to get it done.
Worker (Current Employee), East Saint Louis, ILMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Never denied breaks and there is always overtime!
Cons: Promises are not kept when it comes to raises and advancement.
You are promised raises and advancement that is not fulfilled in a timely matter. Safety is their #1 guideline at the facility.
very decent workplace with a few minor faults.
production operator (Current Employee), granite city ILMarch 28, 2015
Pros: good benefits, indoor work.
Cons: occasional manditory overtime.
Plant is run well, crew is fantastic. Most supervisors are very helpful. Problem with communication between different buildings, different shifts, etc. All employees are paid the same starting out, regardless of how demanding their particular job is. Great benefits. Great job security. I love working for Cargill.
Great working enviornment
Receiving Specialist (Former Employee), Fullerton, CAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Frindly co workers
Cons: none
Great place to work .This is the one place that I have worked that allows the workers to express their concerns ab.out the working environment and something is done about it
fun
Elevator operator (Current Employee), columbus ohioMarch 22, 2015
great place to work a lot to learn awesome coworkers great benefits plenty of overtime. fast pace and always something to do
big compay but cares about family
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Dodge City, KSMarch 20, 2015
Pros: corporate they cared
9-10 work day . There I learned how to work as a General Forman due to being bilingual in Spanish. The upper management were always asking us how is everything let us know if we can do anything to help you succeed they would say ...Hats off to them..The job wasn't hard if it was hard we supervisors made it hard...I enjoyed the daily post shift meetings with the corporate management team always giving us supervisors the best they could give us.
Very friendly environment
Environmental Health and Safety Intern (Former Employee), California, MOMarch 19, 2015
I only interned there. My daily routine was the same. I worked unsupervised. Everyone was friendly and provided help if needed.
Productive, fun workplace with the joy of friendly new faces.
Production Worker (Former Employee), Springfield, MOMarch 18, 2015
Pros: awesome people, and plenty of breaks.
Cons: job ended to soon and never even got the chance to be hired premantely on
Hired on shortly before they shut down here in Missouri. Overall enjoyable environment with wishes of continuing on with company if it had been an option. Learned many new things and enjoyed the time I had there, I do not regret the experience. Everyday was a new day full of new experiences.
Busy job with always having work to do
Elevator Operator (Former Employee), Heron Lake, MNMarch 12, 2015
Typical day at work would consist of morning meetings, then going through out the day completing the things that need to be done. I learned several things about agriculture, etc. Working outside in the Minnesota winter was hard but it was a good job.
Excessive work hours no work life balance
International Trade Associate (Former Employee), Coral GablesMarch 11, 2015
Pros: two top managers are great with open door policy and flexible. all others beware!
Cons: excessive wrk hrs, no balance, & stay away from large grp.
Coworkers/Coordinators expect you to work 10 hours as they do.
Several people are contractors and do not have the opportunity to be an employee due to the lack of degree, however they do exemplary work and show dedication. Some are contractors for several years already.
There is a lot of office tension among a group of employees, yet overall they are all friendly. Training is there, but everyone is to busy to train therefore it is conducted very fast and some coordinators assume you already know it all whether you have experience or not.
There is a lot of compliance protocol, yet the long timers tend to bend the rules a lot while management tells you to be in compliance.
There is no room for mistakes.

Management and by that I mean the to primary top managers have open door policy and are very open and receptive.

Great to have the name on the resume and you may learn aspects that you might otherwise not know. Lastly, some coordinators are hands off and delegate a lot to you of what they should be doing. Others are just plain rude and push over.

Parking is off site, about two blocks away. Everyone referred someone in there and be careful whom you trust, because no one in there is just hired off the street, rather whom refer you.

Perks: Occasional lunch paid by the company, paid parking, benefits, freed drinks ( soda, vitamin drinks), pop corn, coffee dispensing machine and so on.
teamwork
machine oprater (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 11, 2015
At the time it was something that I enjoyed doing. It was a job of that you did not have to work hard but work smart and I was getting as many hours as I wanted.
Don't do it!!!
Top skirt trimmer (Former Employee), Friona, TXMarch 10, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: short breaks, can't take off, bad management
expected to work way to hard with little training. management sucks. They don't care about your life out side of work i.e kids or health.
it was a great time to work at that company i just decided to move that is why i left it
Packaging (Former Employee), Fort Morgan, COMarch 9, 2015
yes i did like cargill so much. i just wanted to move here in denver colorado and looking for new job . but i love my job! it geart time to work in to that job nice experiance
job is focuse at all time
Laborer/Helper (Current Employee), Timberville, VAMarch 8, 2015
they care about their employees it is based on family they seem to care a lot about your happiness but yet the customer comes first!!!!!!so a caring place is a productive place

About Cargill

Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, – Read more

Cargill Salaries