Cargill

Cargill Employer Reviews

prodive work place with nice work enviroment
Sanitation Worker (Current Employee), Nebraska City, NENovember 20, 2014
Pros: they supplied my equipment
Cons: short brakes, because when the buzzer went off is when we started our 15min brake, and had to work untill the buzzer went off, then had to be at work when athe buzzer went off gain, making it about a ten min brake
a typical day at work would be going to the job on time. getting there doing my job right and on time. and working with the use of chemicals on the machine. and taking them apart to clean and putting them back together. and cleaning the hole area from top to bottom including the floor and ceilings. and going back to overlook my work so it is perfected in all ways possible. how to do my job correctly and efficiently. get along well with management and my co workers also I found the hardest part of the job was learning the proper use of the chemical use at the job. the most enjoyable part of the job was working with co workers and management.
Cargill
VIP Service Desk Trainer (Current Employee), Hopkins MNNovember 20, 2014
• Technical report writing.
• Updating Business Process Requirements and Software System Requirements for Executive Service Desk
• Contributed to creating Executive Service Desk Project Plan
• Reviewing operational procedures and guidelines.
• Taking ownership and responsibility for service delivery to clients.
• Training new service desk agents on VIP client handling procedures
• Providing technical support to high impact users
• Coordinating major & critical incidents
Good place to work/ location is not ideal
Quality Management Chemist- Citric Lab (Current Employee), Eddyville, IANovember 12, 2014
12 hours shifts. 4 week rotational night/day schedule. Learned a lot of different lab techniques.
GREAT PARTS MANAGER
Customer Support Assistant (Current Employee), Wichita, KSNovember 7, 2014
Pros: casual dress code daily
Cons: pay...
• Excellent typing skills of not less than 60 wpm. Data Entry and Filing.
• Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) necessary to perform the essential functions of the position (including but not limited to English usage, grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure).
• Proficient in ordering parts and inventory and acting as a back-up for the Parts Manager role.
• Thorough knowledge of customer service agreements/responsible for cold calling to obtain new/repeat business
• Strong ability to manage daily cash flow, answering multiple phone lines, and multiple other administrative duties.
Great place to work with a perfect work&life balance
Site Manager (Current Employee), San Pedro SulaNovember 4, 2014
Pros: clear focus on people, talent development
Cargill is a great place to work where individuals and ideas are able to grow and understand where we fit and why we matter.
About Cargill
Infra Projects (Current Employee), MinneapolisNovember 4, 2014
Pros: good colleagues across the world. fair hr benefits.
Cons: night work and calls are expected. far too frequent senior management changes.
The Global IT is a very globalized organization and organized in technology silos. Since 2006, the structure has been very globalized with a matrix reporting system. Night conference calls are unavoidable and consumed alot of evenings.

Colleagues across the world are great and we had a great rapport. but with outsourcing, all these will undeniably, change.

The company culture used to be great and encompassing.
tractor driver
Tractor Driver/ Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Memphis, TNNovember 3, 2014
drive to different locations and deliver cotton. everything was great there. the hardest part about the job is that we have to work in the rain and i didnt really like that
They had annual family picnics for all employees.
Attendance Clerk (Former Employee), Plainview, TXNovember 2, 2014
Pros: company picnics.
Cons: very busy.
I was in charge of keying in new hire paperwork; it was a very stressful work place.
fun and a great place to work
bagger (Former Employee), Lansing, NYNovember 2, 2014
Pros: able to advance
Cons: good pay
working hard and some time cold learned how to run bagger and every one was really respectful
Fun and Family work place
Depertment Manager of Operations (Former Employee), Plainview, TXOctober 30, 2014
Pros: every 3 months we had free lunch for safety.
Cons: very short breaks
Fast passed job never a dull moment, learned a lot about management skills, help each other out worked as a team. treat people with respect. had meeting every morning and had a plan.
no work life balance
Mill Technician (Former Employee), daytonOctober 29, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: hours management
Good pay but no time home and poor management. good co workers.
Great company
Bi-lingual EHS Administrator (Current Employee), Hazleton, PAOctober 29, 2014
good place to work in, however management is unprofessional.
Great team work and safety culture. Accountability equals reprimand.
FSQR (Former Employee), Fort WorthOctober 29, 2014
Pros: pay, co-workers, team environment.
Cons: management, job security, doesn't value the supervisor, accountability equals reprimand.
Management was very inconsistent in there communication, never could get a direct answer, always felt like the environment was unstable, Supervisor are targets for what ever goes wrong. My Manger was not supportive of his team, my way or highway mentality.
hard work, learn alot about soybeans
Prep Operator (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCOctober 24, 2014
Learn the process from the beginning until the end. What a learning experience. The hard part of this job, learning all the equipment and what it does. The most enjoyable part of the job, my co-workers.
Good place to work.
Deboner (Former Employee), Beardstown, ILOctober 23, 2014
I enjoyed the coworkers and learning how to cut various parts of the meats.
Good company to work for, not much for advancement tho
Microbiologist Technician (Former Employee), Butler, WIOctober 22, 2014
Pros: good peoplethat know their positions well
Cons: poor pay, no advancement opportunities, al actions monitored because they hire felons, very harsh hr work environment
Solid company but flew out for several positions and had them dissolved before anyone was hired this occurred a couple times in different states
production supervisor/project engineer
Production Supervisor (Current Employee), Guntersville, ALOctober 21, 2014
Pros: large potential to learn and grow
Cons: work/life balance
A very good company to work if you wish to grow within the same company. the biggest thing Cargill seems to suffer with is work/life balance. I have met multiple new hires during my training who seem to have the same complaint. Most of the plants are located in small towns and around 50 hours per week is expected out of the job. With that being said, Cargill places a lot of responsibility on the production supervisors. So you are exposed to a lot of aspects of production and project management early on in your career.
former employee eddyville ia
PLANT SENIOR TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Eddyville, IAOctober 18, 2014
Pros: great people and team atmosphere
Cons: sometimes hours were tough working swing shifts
I worked for Cargill for 14 years and have regretted leaving . They take care of there people and genuinely care about there employees. The best part is you always feel safety is job #1
Ventured
Saw Operator (Former Employee), hazletonOctober 17, 2014
Short sweet and to the point, make your money, i wouldn't advise long term employment, everyone is headed for the door, and don't really care what it takes to get out of there.

Over-all my experience with the office workers, and corporate was fantastic, however --- on the floor, short and to the point there were obvious discrepancies in how things were handled on the day to day.
Hard dirty work at a place that took care of you
Grain Elevator Operations & Night shift supervisor (Former Employee), Gilman, ILOctober 15, 2014
Pros: good benefits, great safety training
Cons: long hours with no warning and minimum time off
Cargill grain elevator knows what they're doing. This is a company that cares allot about the respect and safety for their customers and employees. A typical day at work at Cargill was always a hard working day. This was a down and dirty job. Everything was covered in dust at all times. I didn't mind it. I have always had the attitude that if I had work clothes on, then it's time to work no matter how hard or dirty the situation is. I was responsible of inspecting grain, and how to mix and blend good and not so good grain into loading trains and trucks to meet requirements. I had also earned the responsibility to do allot with the railroad, and driving trains, hooking up rail cars and such. Every week we would change or fix conveyour belts, elevator shafts, motors, guards, bearings, and even hydraulics. Cargill helped me not only learn, but improve my skills in many different areas. Management wasn't the most knowledgable person in the field but at least was hands on help to get things done. Co-workers at my facility were decent with a few drama issues that would arise with the he said, she said stories that I did the best to stay out of. The hardest part of this job would be the long hours with minimum off time in such short notice. For example, we would get a call on a random saturday to come in to work on loading a train. We would work that day for 16 hours with 8 hours off until showing up the next day for another 14 hour work day, all without any kind of warning. At the time I had lived 45 minutes from home which got to be real tiring after a while. the most enjoyable part of this job would be learning new trades and being able to just show up and do my own thing, knowing that if I got stuff done and worked hard, no one would ask questions.

About Cargill

Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, – Read more