Cargill Employee Reviews in United States

Fun and interesting place to work
Maintenance Mechanic/Welder (Former Employee) –  Newark, CAJune 1, 2016
I have worked at Cargill for a good amount of time now, in that time I have worked some different shifts. I will say, I have had a lot of fun working there, met some great people, and made some life long friends. Cargill was a good opportunity to learn and experience some things that I can't imagine you would experience anywhere else.
Pros
overtime
Cons
some managment
Cargill
Sales Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Lavista, NEJune 1, 2016
I learned a lot of corporate business knowledge and skills within the customer service roles, however, the company restructures so often, you can never feel safe in your job and I saw many employees lose their jobs. Employees that had given 30+ years were even fired after a company restructure. The business is not family friendly and their big thing is work-life balance but that really means nothing to them as they want you to put in as many hours as humanly possible.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
not enough breaks, no job security, hours, and stress level
long breaks
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Dayton, VAMay 31, 2016
cargill is a good company but the salary that they pay thier emploeys should be alot more than what they pay beacuase the job that the employes are doing is worth of getting alot more than what they get
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long breaks with no pay
Fun place to work
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMay 31, 2016
New hire process is a mess and leaves one feeling lost. Chaos abounds surrounding work duties and processes. Managers implement changes to process without looking at the full picture of all parts of the process that will be affected.
Pros
Office Fun
Cons
Chaos
Excellent company
Trade Execution Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLMay 31, 2016
Excellent company, good benefits, unfortunately do to the business, some positions will be relocated to Costa Rica and some positions will be eliminated.
Pros
Very ggod
Cons
positions will move to Costa Rica
production and freezer
general labor (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 29, 2016
work in a cold department stacking boxes but do have friendly co workers and they all likes me because i was the youngest. hit our daily production numbers
Pros
work in good paste
Cons
walk to far from parking lot
how i feel toward work?
Lober (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 27, 2016
work is work,i have learn to adapt to my surroundings and working at cargill inc,has it up and down? pay is great and the worker are good to work with.I like it there but not my cup of tea.
Pros
full time job with great pay.
Cons
i am a hard worker, all my life.the work there is to easing.
It a good place to home your skills and learn others
Machine Operator Tech/ Maintenance Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Byhalia, MSMay 25, 2016
A typical day of work is normally interacting with the previous shift and continuing from that point.Making sure the feed looks good and the machines are clean and operating effectively.
Pros
The people and being small
Fun work environment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDMay 23, 2016
I enjoyed my time with Cargill. Loved working with the people there and the environment was fun, easy going. The management at the time was not so good due to them hiring a new manager for our team. Besides that i loved my time with Cargill.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Wayzata, MNMay 19, 2016
Energetic management. The leadership has great vision for the future of the company. They are inspirational leaders. Wonderful people to work with. Great benefits and compensation.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newark, CAMay 19, 2016
33 years of learning the plant overall from Laborer to Shift Supervisor , A lot of knowledge captured only to be Laid off.
Learned the salt process , enjoyed working with all coworkers there, managed to help out in Shipping with truck drivers that were abusive , and didnt speak english, enjoyed going to work every day because the employees there were like family , I liked being a Shift Supervisor because you need to be patient and deal with different personalities.
Pros
Meeting all deadlines, packaging salt products for customers
Cons
No cons, enjoyed my time there
Productive environment
Customer Operations Representative (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMay 17, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job was being President of the Engagement team. I was kept the team engaged and motivated, by providing events were peers could network and get to know each other. This lead to productivity in the work place and positive attitudes.
Great place to work for single people with no children
QA Technician (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHMay 16, 2016
This place was a meat market! Constantly dealt with co-workers hooking up and didn't take their job seriously. The pay wasn't great and starting out you almost always start on an off shift which doesn't work well with family life.
It was okay for awhile because it paid the bills, but I would not recommend to anyone who is happily married with children.
Pros
nothing
Cons
work environment and pay
It was a typical factory.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 15, 2016
A typical work day was hard work and dedication. I always set goals for myself. How many plates could I do in a day and always tried to beat the goal from day to day. I learned what a factory was like and how to work at one. I also learned how to move. Moving mediocre would not cut it. You had to be all in or you would get yelled at. There was always a lack of management. They sometimes come and watch or help but for the most part they were just concerned that we hit our numbers everyday. We worked together or so we tried. The hardest part about the job was getting to move fast put i never gave up and I always tried everyday. Everyday I would get better and better and eventually I did it and that was my job for three years boxing the tubes in boxes. Some days were more enjoyable than others. Just like any other job. It all depends on the attitude you go in with.
Mill Operator
Mill & Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYMay 11, 2016
Typical day is standing there watching the mill turn and gauges all night long. Management was always there looking over your shoulder, Co-workers got along, Hardest part was tring to stay awake watching the mill turn from 10 pm to 7am
Pros
It's a company where you can grow and move up the latter
Cons
Expensive health insurance
Cargill is an awesome company to work for. Would do it all over again if I could.
Quality Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plainview, TXMay 10, 2016
Cargill is a company that I would refer to any one looking for a job. They have good people working for them. They also have very good benefits.
ACCOUNTING SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Wayzata, MNMay 8, 2016
Cargill offers strong work ethics and values. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a diverse team of people who come from different cultures and countries.
Great for gaining process industry experience
Biodiesel Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 6, 2016
This review is for this location only! They have had 11 Technicians leave the biodiesel department in a span of 1 year. Very high turnover, pay is very very low when compared to equal jobs with other companies. No room for advancement, everyone is paid the same when certified. Expect to do anything from operating the plant from the board to outside picking weeds. Expect to be on-call without any sort of compensation for it. With all of that being said, I want to make it clear that I left on good terms and there is some good with the job. For someone wanting to start a career in the process industry it is a great opportunity to get the experience you need to move on and go elsewhere if you desire. Many companies will pay this same position in the 30s like the one I left for. I enjoyed working with majority of my fellow co-workers and Lab Techs!
Pros
Co-workers, good place to get experience then move on
Cons
No set job description, high turnover, poor pay, benefits
Fun and great place to work
Sr. Administrative Assistant - Facility Srv. (Former Employee) –  Wayzata, MNMay 5, 2016
Project Coordination, maintained and updated all files, memos, calendars, agendas, spreadsheets / reports and correspondence on projects.
General Manager of Texas
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 28, 2016
Leading a team 200 employees
Operations, Ocean transportation
Accounting, Human Resources
Leading the trading team.
handle the P/L for the Texas region.