Cargill

Cargill Employee Reviews

Employees are professional and smart.
IT Analyst (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNJuly 27, 2015
My co-workers are some of the most amazing people I get to work with. I have never had any issues working with them or them working with me.
Great, fun, and busy environment
Project Engineer Intern (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 27, 2015
I worked on multiple capital projects to improve the plant process and create a safer environment. I worked very closely with various contractors and operators. I loved working with each and every one of these individuals and learning from them. There is always something to do and to learn. Never a dull moment!
Productive and very fast paced job
Operator (Current Employee), Beardstown, ILJuly 25, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: bad smell
3:55 always at work wating for the orders of the day. I learned so much from my others teammates a learned how to drive forklift, how to make orders, and how they do the inventory. Hardest part of job was working sometimes 13 days consecutive.
Lacks caring about tenured employees
Manager (Current Employee), Hopkins, MNJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Nice people
Cons: No advancement, too many bosses, a good company if you are just startng out but tenured employees are forced out the door
Not what it was when I started. Have seen too many good people forced out. A good ol boy network to say the least and I dont think they trear people very well. Used to be a great place to work but new senior management changed all of that.
Great Company
Trade Execution (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 22, 2015
Pros: salary employee
Cargill is a very good company, great employees, each day was different. I completely enjoyed work and loved my position at Cargill.
Unorganized upper-level management and leadership
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Reserve, LAJuly 21, 2015
Walked around the plant ensuring all safety guidelines are being followed while maintaining production.
I learned how to leading civilians is completely different from leading military personnel.
Team leaders and supervisor communication was very poor.
Co-workers/peers overall were good to work with.
Hardest part of the job is lack of organization with the upper-level management.
Most enjoyable part of the job interaction with the people everyday.
very nice culture
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Albany, NYJuly 21, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: the feeling that there was no positions to move up into
Cargill is a good place to start your career but lacks positions to move up into. They are very generous with free lunches and clothing. In general a very nice place to work.
Well paying job for those who have time available
Scanner/loader (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJuly 20, 2015
Cargill is a great place to work, great opportunities for job advancement. Friendly environment with hard works to assist. Fast pace.
My experience not good
Accounting Supervisor (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Employee meat purchase
Cons: Management in Finance
As a salaried employee I worked 60 hours a week on average. I had a supervisor who belittled and demeaned her staff and talked down to others she didn't consider her equal. It may be a good company, but my experience in Finance there was miserable.
Fun Place to work
Food Safety Quality Regulator (Former Employee), Albert Lea, MNJuly 20, 2015
A lot to learn and good atmosphere of to work with other people. We have a best team in the company, helping each other and finish task fast.
Good large company
Microbiologist (Former Employee), Wayzata, MNJuly 20, 2015
Cargill is a steady company with good leadership at the top, however, when you get to mid management it starts to falter. People tend to fall between the cracks and get lost with no direction.
Maintenance, Reliability, & CI Manager (Current Employee), California NevedaJuly 19, 2015
good company to work for.
• Standardizing 8 plants in TPM and TPR.
• Standardizing all 8 plants to world class KPI standards and Maximo use.
• Implementing BBS and strict safety at all 8 plants.
• Training maintenance management at plants in cultural change process, standardization, TPM, KPI structure, Team building, and World Class requirements.
RELIABILITY AND CI MANAGER (Charlotte NC)
• Converted Entire Charlotte Plant to Food Grade Oils & Greases eliminating contamination at a cost of $25,000.
• Installed a 7 railcar load-out station at a cost of 1.3million with a quick return. The Charlotte plant produced and shipped to a profit of 10Million for the entire division equaling the highest return.
• Reduced parts inventory from 1million to $650,000 by creating a criticality parts list and out sourcing inventory.
• Installed and integrated Maximo with the Kanban system of tracking parts and reordering.
• Increased PM & PDM in Charlotte plant to world class standard of 98% completion within 5 months.
• Decreased Reactive work from 65% to 12% in 7months.
• Held a total of 8 FMEA at Charlotte plant.
• Held a total of 7 HAZOPS at Charlotte Plant.
• Standardized all systems within the plant with the world class and corporate outlook.
• Several Reliability projects in the production packaging line facility from install of a Kuka Palletizing Robot to re-engineering the packaging box erector.
MAINTENANCE MANAGER (Fullerton)
• Implemented TPM, which includes RCA, FMEA, 5S, CI, maximizing Maximo and SAP PM & PDM use.
• Reduction of Reactive/EM work from 45% to 12% World – more... Class Standard.
• Increased PM & PDM to a KPI and standard of 97% weekly completion.
• Tracked Throughput and OEE for production efficiency.
• Reduced Maintenance Budget from $900,000/month to $500,000/month due to implementation of rebuild program, parts reduction, 98% PM & PDM weekly completion.
• Project Management to Demo old refinery and build new 4.3 Million dollar refinery at the Fullerton Plant.
• Implemented a total of 6 FMEA for the year, which included maintenance members, engineering, and Production.
• Implemented a total of 6 HAZOPS for the year also included Maintenance, Engineering, Safety, and Production in all HAZOPS.
• After all Failures an immediate RCA and Incident Investigation process taken place.
• Implementation of BBS program that is run by Maintenance techs and Production.
• BBS program eliminated Lost Time Accidents, First Aids, Near misses. – less
Good place to work.
Oil Loader (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJuly 17, 2015
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: working many diffferent shifts in the same week.
Productive workplace, enjoyed the people I worked with for 20 years. Was allowed to learn new aspects of the jobs at Cargill and was able to put this knowledge into everyday work. The hardest part of the job was working three different shifts in one week.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee), Wichita, KSJuly 15, 2015
The managers give you the freedom to excel and take control of your own work. There are a good amount of politics, but the good out weighs the bad.
Pay and benefits are great.
Mill Operator (Current Employee), Albany, NYJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Management buys lunch for the crew once in a while
Cons: Long-term health problems will likely result from working in such a dusty environment
They started me off at $35,000/yr, good luck finding that pay anywhere else without a degree. You start off with 15 days of paid vacation plus holidays. Healthcare benefits are good, probably equal among others. Training can be stressful at times because there is no developed training plan. However, my coworkers were helpful and overall this has been a great place to work.
Great company, good people, well managed
Performance Manager (Former Employee), Hopkins, MNJuly 7, 2015
Cargill is a great company. It is financially stable. It is well managed. The expectations are reasonable. The staff is friendly and helpful. The management is supportive. I was a contractor and would recommend this company to anyone looking for contract or permanent work.
Productive and Fun work place
Environmental, Health & Safety Admin Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Dodge, IAJuly 3, 2015
Cargill is a great place to find a sense of accomplishment in your work while still having a great balance with your home life.
Great Place
Shipping and receiving Labor (Former Employee), Dayton, VAJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Lots of over Time good benfits
Cons: Work 6 days a week some times full weeks on Kill season.
All around great place to work. Most friendly people to work with management can be abit detached at times. I would recommend Cargill to any one their overturn is pretty big thou so do your best if your a slacker you likely wont be their very long.
Good starting place
HR (Current Employee), Fresno, CAJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Good development
Good place to get a lot of exposure to compliance, and career knowledge. Poor work life/balance because the company puts an emphasis on it. The management is very traditional and "old school" and resists change.
Quality Control Techican
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Butler, WIJuly 1, 2015
• Examined meat, and Inspected meat for defects.
• Operated machine to collect fat samples.
• Tracked and record all plant temperature to maintain quality of meat being produced.
• Prepared reports indicating inventory dispositions made.
• Reviewed and filed all paperwork daily.
• Oversee or inspect production processes.
• Develop or conduct quality control tests to ensure consistent production quality.
• Prepare reports regarding inventories of raw materials or finished products.
Headquarters