Cargill

Cargill Employer Reviews

decent place to work
Shipper and Receiver (Current Employee), Butler, WIJanuary 28, 2015
job can be good money but be prepared to not have a life. I learned a lot at this company but at my own discretion. I found a lot of people don't like to train you properly so I hope you have good observation skills if being employed by this company.
Productive and a fun workplace with lot good eating
Process Technician (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: always cooking and having fun time with management and co-workers
Cons: to much eating
This is a GREAT Company to work for Management is great. And the people are so good to work with.
No work/life balance, management quality needs improvement
Lab Technician II / Quality Assurance (Temporary) (Former Employee), Gainesville, GAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: pay, free lunch
Cons: always busy, few breaks, gossip, departments blame on each other
Manufacturing environment
Long hours of standing
Departments blame on each other
Superior is not approachable, full of bias to some employees
no life, company opens 24/7, can't choose own shifts
training sucks, unclear SOP, different ppl say different things
lab is dirty and full of grease everywhere; they should hire cleaning company to clean the lab every day
co-workers hate their jobs and gossip a lot
Good
Sr. Systems Administrator (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 27, 2015
Good onsite for Accenture resources. nice company very old and stable
Great Company to work for
Deli Raw Operations Manager (Current Employee), Waco, TXJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: great benefits and culture
Cons: work-life balance
Cargill, work culture is great, safety and food safety is always a priority. Cargill is a great place to develop especially if you start early in your career path lots of opportunities for growth in different areas.

The hardest part is managing the work-life balance, if you have small kids there is no room for time, the expectation is that work is first.
Innovative Work Environment
Contract Specialist (Former Employee), Fargo, NDJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: overly managed.
The work environment was very relaxed. Rather than being assigned to the same desk, employee's were encouraged to move around throughout the office as well as work from home. For the most part working with others throughout the company was a positive experience. The staff were very much team driven and would assist each other with problems to find solutions. Only downside to my job was the high turnover rate of supervisors. I worked for Cargill for 9 months and had 8 different supervisor's. Each time our supervisor was replaced there was a resettling period due to slightly different managing styles and priorities. Many of my supervisors didn't even care to know what our work included.
Productive work place
Packaging Third Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 19, 2015
Learned about all aspects of vegetable oil production, working in about every position they offered. I started at the bottom and worked my way up within about 5 yrs.
Productive work place
Hard Work
General Worker (Former Employee), Ottumwa, IAJanuary 17, 2015
Lots of hard work is required at this place. Meet alot of nice people but gets stressfull at times.
Productive fast paced, hard labor!
Auditor (Former Employee), Dodge City, KSJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: make decent money
Cons: fast paced, supervisors prefer young ladies and old ladies get discriminated
It really depends i seen lots of descrimination towards a male worker as in comparison to a female worker. Male supervisor preffer female than male, let them get away with things like absenteesm and tardiness make it difficult for males, when assingning a job trainers see a way to put young ladies on easy jobs compared to an aged old lady or a male guy, too much favoritism, etc...
A very educational and driven work enviorment
Dairy Focus Consultant (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: great people, good benefits, self rewarding
Cons: lots of travel, moved twice in one year
I loved working for this company. I learned a lot through experience and working hard to learn the business. I would make my own cold calls and pick up accounts. Once an account was mine, I would stop once a week to talk about their business and needs. I managed more than 20 accounts. I used different specialist(vet, etc) that Cargill has hired as a tool to pick up accounts. The hardest of my job is dealing with different types of people and managing their personalities with their business. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping businesses make money and seeing them excited about great things that we have done together.
alright
Process Technician (Former Employee), Liverpool, NYJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: being crapped on by birds everyday
keeping ingredients bins full unloading bulk trucks mangnement was fair money and benefits are good hardest part was when equipment went down enjoyable part of day going home
Great!
B.U. Process Development Group Engineer II (Current Employee), Minnesota, IowaJanuary 5, 2015
Great! Awesome, marvelous, extraordinary, fabulous, brilliant, trustworthy, extended training, job benefits, great people, awesome mentors, >$1M projects, NPDES training, wastewater discharge training, food manufacturing, food processing, food making, centrifuges.
It was a job.
General Laborer (Former Employee), Ottumwa, IAJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: not a great working environment.
Typical day at work would be rushing to get ready to get on the line. Hoping that the day would pass without a problem arising. I would not say all the co-workers were as pleasant to be around and the trainers were also not too good at training they would show up at the beginning of the shift and wouldn't see them the rest of the day as well as the supervisors. The speed of the ribs falling would be crazy! The hardest part of the job would be having to do your job no matter how hostile the environment was and would also see so much discrimination it was pretty uncomfortable. The most enjoyable part however would be getting my paycheck.
Interesting place, not worth it though, just a stepping stone
panel technician (Current Employee), west branch iowaJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: the customers/coworkers, pay wasn't bad, benefits not bad.
Cons: breaks short or if any, lunch if you could, place was being held together with duck tape, promises made, but broken, management, snake pit.
In my time being there at the animal nutrient branch, I have found that this place has no leadership or admirable leaders in it, they are about safety so they there is no down time or pay out to injured workers or their families so they claim to be safe for the workers , but there are other reasons than just "just we care about you." It could use an overhaul on management and their model mill system definitely cutting our legs out from under us, we were severally understaffed and outdated as well as expectations were out the window from the owner of this mill. I love ag work and the people i met there, but after this experience, anything that says cargill i may stay away from especially their products for animal feed just due to the fact that i question their production methods. I loved the customers and the guys i worked with, but when i am told they are going no where and then you over hear that in the next two months it can determine if we remain open or closed due to the fact we are not up to date or can't produce like the newer mills, yeah, makes you wonder why you left the other job to come here. I mean to lie to get someone to come there and then find all this out, it really makes you wonder their ethics that they are teaching. told 40-50 hours no weekends and then all of sudden 6 days a week, 12-16 hour days and the fact that if you were injured or sick that you may not have a job if you took longer than the time they allotted, you can't expect someone to work that way and stay and a company that touts being union free and such, you almost need a union to protect yourself in there.
Productive workplace
temp. contractor job (Former Employee), Fargo, NDDecember 30, 2014
Pros: co-workers were nice
Cons: sometimes loud
Typical day was going through work expenses finishing them up and then scanning them into the system. I learned how a business is ran and how to use a scanner.
Safety, customers, & production oriented
AEI Specialist I & II (Current Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 30, 2014
Great environment you would like to work there.
Love my job, can't wait to start everyday.
Learned lots of safety on operation & food.
Great people to work with and willing to share knowledge.
Good pay and good management
Pipe Welder (Current Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 29, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: closing due to funds
Excellent place to work with excellent management. Many opportunities for growth threw a big company. I would recommend working there to a friend. Co workers were decent in every patch of apples there will be some good some bad but in the construction world you know what your getting involved in.
Summary
General Labor (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIDecember 28, 2014
it was a great company to work for, wished it would have stayed open for another 25years.
Gained good management experience working for the company.
Production Supervisor (Current Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 26, 2014
Pros: got a life time of experience that will help me the rest of my life.
Cons: company in memphis tennessee is closing in april 2015.
Being a manager at Cargill taught me people are your most important asset.

About Cargill

Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, – Read more