Cargill

Cargill Employee Reviews

ok place
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Ottumwa, IAMay 13, 2015
Pros: pay, benefits
Cons: hard work, long winter hours
great pay, good healthcare, nice people, benefits are amazing, managment only looks out for themselves. i worked in a meat plant so it was only for select stomachs
Great work atmosphere, poor hours
Senior Technician (Former Employee), Wahpeton, NDMay 12, 2015
Pros: Great People
Cons: Rotating shift work
Cargill is a great place to work however the rotating shift work will interfere greatly with personal life. Very good benefits.
Productive place
Utility grinder (Current Employee), Butler, WIMay 5, 2015
Pretty much general labor for the utility Grinders we work in an cold freezer throwing blocks all day and dumping fat and lean into grinder all day.
Management Primary team INHUMAN!!
Unhappy worker (Former Employee), hazleton, PAMay 5, 2015
Pros: NONE
Cons: Micromanaging
loved working with the production people but when it came to management it was a struggle each day. They are all over the place Micromanaging. Events planning where always done late and whenever we gave an opinion it was always not good enough. The Cargill as Corporate is a great company but the Hazleton Facility needs better management that treat others as HUMANS.
Great Workplace
Shipping (Current Employee), Dodge City, KSApril 30, 2015
treat you well and good pay. operate 2 machines and drive a forklift almost everyday. Do paperwork for trailers and lead the team.
productive
Relief Operator (Current Employee), Fullerton, CAApril 30, 2015
Pros: great
Cons: non
great place to work continuously busy & managment works well well with employees
management listens to workers & what is needed
this has been filled
Meat inspector (Current Employee), Dodge City, KSApril 26, 2015
Pros: Job security
Cons: extreme heat
Includes allways saftey first. Getting along with others. Inspection of meat and disposing of comtaminated meat. Making sure all running equiptment is in good working order. If anything needs to be repaired contact proper manitaince personal and shift superviser.
This is not a high tech company.
Research Analytical Chemist (Current Employee), Dayton, OHApril 26, 2015
This is probably a good company for make living, but not a good place for career growth.

For any ambitious people, if you'd like to accept position there, pls think twice.
Not the greatest place to work but it was a job.
inside peel/ out trim (Former Employee), Dodge City, KSApril 21, 2015
Cargill was a job to work at. They promised employees first chance to learn other positions and when a position opened up that i had been waiting for they never gave me a chance. They let me sign the paperwork for the position and never put me there and kept telling me week after week that they would place me in the position and never did. supervisors there are unfair and only do things for people they like. completely unfair but like i said its just a place to work at not make a career out of.
Fun culture and great work life balance
Cargill Risk Management - Hedging Products Intern (Former Employee), Hopkins, MNApril 19, 2015
Beautiful facility in Hopkins. Cargill Risk Management is a fun environment to work in and a great place to intern. Excellent management, client access, and intern projects/assignments. Fun post-work summer activities.
a rewarding carrrer pay wise,also socially
Laborer (Former Employee), Ottumwa, IAApril 19, 2015
Pros: Bonuses, overtime pay
Cons: Long hours of standing
A good paying job. If you can come prepared and do the job . The hardest part was the long hours of standing. Also, the constant movement .
Good work environment, good company to work for
Industrial Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Morgan, COApril 16, 2015
Pros: Good chances to move up within the company; good pay.
Cons: That would be the amount of hours that we were asked to work, and sometimes on a daily basis this would occur. Kept me away from my family a lot.
We maintained conveyors, machinery to keep the plant operational, did welding when needed, had to work within safety guidelines, did some fabricating when the job required it, this was all done on a daily basis. Learned how to work within a team. I followed the rules to the strictest of guidelines, so the management and I worked very well together. As for my co-workers, I worked very well with all of them, we did a lot of teamwork. The hardest part of the job would have to be the amount of hours that they wanted each person to put in, on a daily basis. There were times when I would work an extensively long period of time. The most enjoyable part would be that every day things seemed to be different, the jobs, the work we were asked to do, just a variety of things.
Cargill
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee), Brookville, OHApril 11, 2015
Pros: people are the best there
Cons: it is only a temporary position
Currently I work through a temporary agency in the Accounts Payable department. They will be eliminating this department soon, but I have been told to apply for the other deparments in the company so that I can make that a permanent position. I right now do not have the experience for the positions that are open.

I love the atmosphere there, everyone is very close for how big it is. Brookville's Office is a great place to work.
Excellent Company
IT Manager (Former Employee), Monticello, MNApril 10, 2015
Cargill is very large and can provide you opportunities around the world. First class in employee benefits. If you get the chance to work for them I would encourage you to do it.
by far the best
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Newark, CAApril 9, 2015
This was by far my favorite company to work for. They offer great pay and benefits, the employees are great to work with. Id love to work for this company again only problem was my commute. alomst 3 hrs one way so that added a lot to my day and I wasnt able to see my family as much as id like.
Great Company
Regional Agronomist (Former Employee), New Sharon, IAApril 4, 2015
Pros: Surrounded by a great team
Cons: Very poor at onboarding new employees
Cargill is a great company to work for, where you are surrounded by a strong team. However, in my experience, very poor at onboarding.
Never Again
Truck Driver / Production (Former Employee), Madison, MNApril 3, 2015
The only good thing about working for this company was the individual that was the manager there. The pay was horrible and the management did not know how to treat employees.
Proceed with caution
Contract Execution Specialist (Current Employee), Gainesville, GAApril 1, 2015
Cargill does not always follow through with their promises. Was promised career longevity only to later find out that Cargill did not budget accordingly.
No future if you don't want anything in life!
Elevator worker (Current Employee), Morris, ILMarch 31, 2015
Pros: None!!!!
Cons: Waking up in the morning to go there!!!!!
This company sucks!!!! Don't ever consider working at this dead end job! The pay is horrible, management is horrible, and if you want to work towards no future, then apply. I have never hated a job so much. They don't care about you at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't want to give this place one star, but you are required to do so. Those stars that are on there mean I had to. I wouldn't give this place a half star!!
Business Analyst - OCM (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNMarch 31, 2015
good place to learn; friendly management; challenging job; good perks; helping to co-workers;the most enjoyable part of the job

About Cargill

Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, – Read more

Cargill Salaries