Cargill Employee Reviews in United States

high paced production enviornment
Maintenance/FSQR Production Lead (Current Employee) –  abileneApril 25, 2016
high paced job, high work load, competative pay. stressfull safety focused. goes through time where you work alot of hours and are loaded with lots of work duties. not really a job for somedoy who is looking to coast through a job. you will be challenged.
All in All it was just a job nothing spectacular .
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALApril 25, 2016
Just worked there to receive a paycheck and try to take to take care of my family the best way I could the people there were sometimes difficult to work with but that's with any job I suppose other than that it was a decent job .
Fast Paced Enviorment
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKApril 21, 2016
This is a good company to work for. If you can deal with all the drama . They offer great insurance good pay so thats where they get you. If you ahve a family i wouldnt advise workig here they dont care about anything but you being at work.
Ok place to work.
Relief Operator (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHApril 20, 2016
I worked at Cargill for over 11 years. My last 2 years there I saw a lot of questionable firings, hiring, and promotions. I decided to move on to greener pastures.
Pros
not much
Cons
Expensive health insurance, and 12 hour swing shift.
Boring
Scale Op (Former Employee) –  Timberville, VAApril 19, 2016
Way way way way to much drama. Favoritism. The management sucks. I would not recommend anyone to work there. Co workers some nice some to stuck up.
It's a good place to work to gain experience.
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Butler, WIApril 19, 2016
I like this company but due to too many changes in staffing, it doesn't seem like some people know what they're doing. HR is new and doesn't seem to know and follow through with new employees for benefits review.

I have a good group to team to work with and we support each other. There is really not anything hard about the my job except that I'm new there and there are 2 plants, north and south, that I just needed time to get use to the machines when I'm being dispatched to do my calls. I like the work except it's a 12 hours, 3rd shift, working on a rotation 2 on 3 off days is a little too stressful for me due to family and other priority I'm involved in currently.
Pros
It's a company where you can grow and move up the latter.
Cons
Breaks are short and too long of working hours.
Local employees are great; management is terrible
Sales Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Tiptonville, TN; Hales Point, TNApril 19, 2016
Regional & corporate management is terrible. This makes for a poor working environment. Coworkers were good.
There are frequent layoffs.
Pros
Salary & benefits
Cons
Management; frequent layoffs/restructuring
great place to work
Floater work wherever needed (Former Employee) –  Plainview, TXApril 18, 2016
wake up early get off in time to do what is needed, easy to get along with supervisor and co workers, the hardest part of the job was not knowing what you were going to do that day.
Pros
great pay
Cons
closed down
An environment in which you can grow your career
Process & Solutions Architect (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXApril 17, 2016
Cargill has an engaging culture and communication style. Employees are empowered to make decisions. Plenty of employee engagement and encouragement to volunteer.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Big on Safety
The atmosphere is relaxed
Accounts Receivable Finance Clerk (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDApril 14, 2016
I enjoy working for Cargill, however as a contract employee, there are none of the benefits and none of the security that would come with actually working for the company rather than an agency.
Pros
No micromanagement
Cons
No stability and long term guarantee
Great place to start and grow a career
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Westwego, LAApril 13, 2016
Cargill is a fantastic place to start and grow your career. Cargill cares about its employees and does a great job in training, developing and advancing its employees.
Pros
Large company, plenty of growth opportunity
Cons
no work life balance
Too much indecision. Not enough collaboration.
Customer Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAApril 8, 2016
I was so excited to start my job as a permanent employee at Cargill. Their culture was exciting. Then, everything started falling apart. I have tried to maintain a positive attitude but it is time to move on.
Pros
Excellent health insurance
Cons
Hiring freeze due to their miss management, No ways to advance unless you move to corporate in Minnesota.
Great organization with many talented and motivated employees
SAP Design Consultant/SAP Sr Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hopkins, MNApril 5, 2016
Great organization with many talented and motivated employees. Opportunities to move/advance within organization. Provides challenging and engaging work.
Team oriented workplace.
Grain elevator operator (Current Employee) –  Charleston, MOMarch 31, 2016
A typical day at work is always good even when I'm feeling down, I enjoy what I do there on a daily basis. I appreciate the fact I'm apart of the Global food chain.
Pros
free lunches
Cargill Animal Nutrition is a family atmosphere
Senior Manufacturing Solution Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hopkins, MNMarch 30, 2016
CAN business provided a warm and nurturing atmosphere where IT staff were treated as a part of the business unit.

Allows individuals to build upon existing skill sets as well as develop additional skills.
First Internship
Production Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 30, 2016
It was a great experience. In the beginning it was a little rough but after a while the company and the people really grew on me. Wish i could go back
Good job to work at
turkey farms (Current Employee) –  MissouriMarch 24, 2016
Working on the farm is the best place to work picking up eggs learned to taking care of turkey managment is ok but room for inproment co-worker are good to work with
Pros
GOOD WORK ENVIERMENT
Cons
NEED TO HAVE MORE TIME TO RUN THE BARNS TO GET THE EGGS
good
Hyperion Administrator/Developer (Former Employee) –  Hopkins, MNMarch 21, 2016
The purpose of this project is to standardize existing project planning processes using Hyperion Planning. It provides a web-enabled solution for the users to enter and access plan, budget and actual data for the projects. The financial reports enabled the user to retrieve the consolidated budgets and actuals for the projects and plans.
Great company to work for!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brookville, OHMarch 19, 2016
Management is committed to making sure you have what you need to be successful in your position. Safety is a high priority.
Pros
Great pay and benefits, short commute, comfortable atmosphere
Cons
None at this time
great place to work
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Granite City, ILMarch 18, 2016
great people and management. great place to work. Large company with great benefits. Very family oriented. Great place to start a career.
Pros
benefits were great