Cargill Employee Reviews

Found 1,150 reviews matching the search
Nice co-workers
Project Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 18, 2017
Committed co-workers working as a team to get things, lots of things, done often within extremely tight time-frames. Questionable hiring and firing practices.
Pros
Employee endorsed social time
Cons
Work you to the bone
Cargill
QC Coordinator-Engineer, Fullerton (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CAJune 18, 2017
Our team of 150,000 professionals in 70 countries draws together the worlds of food, agriculture, nutrition and risk management. For more than 150 years, we have helped farmers grow more, connecting them to broader markets. We are continuously developing products that give consumers just what they’re seeking, advancing nutrition, food safety and sustainability. And we help all of our partners innovate and manage risk, so they can nourish the world again tomorrow.
Great job
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Butler, WIJune 18, 2017
Gained a lot of work experience at this place.. could easily get up and go work there.. great compensation and a lot of overtime.. I did quality control and was pretty good at it
Cargill
MRP Planner (Current Employee) –  Sidney, OHJune 18, 2017
Loved my job! Very friendly place to work. Enoyed the daily challange of my job, Flexible hours, Great pay and benefits. I would take another job at Cargill if the right postion opened up.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Unstable business at this time
Cargill ROCKS
IT Support Analyst - Client IT Services (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJune 16, 2017
The people who work for Cargill are genuine, caring, and are just good people... they put effort into helping eachother, teach eachother, and recognize eachother for great work done!
I really enjoyed this job and wish they wouldn't have closed
Security Shift Supervisor/ Admin. Assistant (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALJune 15, 2017
A typical day was very fast paced and could be stressful but I enjoyed the challenge. I hated being on call 24/7. I loved the people I worked with. I wish they would not have closed,
Pros
the people
Cons
harsh schedule
Poor management and no communication
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Eddyville, IAJune 15, 2017
I worked there and if management personally disliked you, even if you did a great job, came to work and was never absent, they could lie and fire you for no good reason. When they did this it didn't happen the day it supposedly occurred but 2 days later on a day off get a call and are accused of something that you did not do. Then a leadership person was told to lie to back up management but didn't know until 10 days after they had fired me.
Excellent place to work with a newly renovated technologically advanced building
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  wayzata, MNJune 15, 2017
Great company, nice people to work with but sense of job security is slim. Learning organization- growth opportunities. Job can be interesting at times depending on your responsibilities. You will learn a lot in this job.
Pros
Open concept, sit where you please
Cons
No job security
Cargill is a very great place to work and learn something new everyday.
Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJune 15, 2017
If you like an everyday challenge, then Cargill is the right place for you. Cargill not only provides great benefits but also a great working experience. Cargill helps you to become a better person, friend, and a co-worker for everyday life and for everyday job.
Great company, great benefits, tough schedule
Quality Management Chemist (Former Employee) –  Eddyville, IAJune 14, 2017
Cargill is a great place to work, people friendly culture. Work pace is fast and varies depending on process conditions. Management is visible on day time hours. Very autonomous working environment on nights and weekends. Rotating schedule is not for everyone but with discipline this is a very rewarding company to work for.
Pros
Great compensation, opportunities for advancement
Cons
Difficult rotating shifts
cargill was a good company and they treated us in good way.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Morgan, COJune 14, 2017
cargill was a good company and they treated us in good way. we normally do our jobs for cutting meats and loading to the trucks and we also but into the boxes. that is the work we use to do.
hardest
Grain Elevator Operator (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 14, 2017
The hardest part of the job is having to know everyone else's job as to be flexible enough to cover and fill in in case of emergency or production standards.
Pros
Great co workers, job experience, great pay
Large company environment
Operations Technician (Former Employee) –  Eddyville, IAJune 13, 2017
My employment at Cargill was pleasant. It was a position that I knew very little going into. I was taught how to monitor plant operations via computer as well as field corrections. The work schedule was hard to get used to, but allowed for ample time away from work. The workplace environment was typical of most large companies, which allowed for the ample benefit package offered to their employees.
Pros
Great pay and good benefits
Cons
Work schedule
Did not enjoy.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Beardstown, ILJune 13, 2017
Very bad work environment. Management didnt care for their employees. Never had time off. Very dull and boring place to work. The atmosphere is very difficult to adjust to.
It was a nice experience
Meat pusher trash man spice maker (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 13, 2017
I loved the people that worked there it was an easy job but very cold in there at times & your hands would catch frost bites. Good paying job, with alot of benefits
Category Advisor
Category Advisor - Deli Category (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARJune 7, 2017
The Category Advisor role is responsible for utilizing category management principles to drive overall category sales and profitability with key retail partners. Interacts with customers as an expert in the field of category development, providing compelling presentations and analytics in support of category sales growth. Drives best practices involving space management, assortment analysis, feature ad optimization and profitability. Leverages available tools, technology, and syndicated data to improve the efficiency and consumer experience. Support strategic efforts to influence shelf, feature and assortment decisions.
Not a good choice
Customer Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 7, 2017
Horrible training and management is unable to give guidance because they don't know what to do. Work is extremely slow 7-8 months out of the year. Location wise, too far to travel for the money. They function on the good-old-boy system, which leaves no room for advancement for minorities and/or women. Very disorganized for the detail necessary to grow the business.
Pros
close to restaurants
Cons
crazy disorganized
Worked Kill floor
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Beardstown, ILJune 6, 2017
I worked on the headline, I boxed tongues I piped intestines. It was a very hot spot to be especially in the summer, the management was very supportive and helped you stay employed.
Pros
Management was great
Cons
super hot and bloody
Productive and okay
Wrapper Operator (Former Employee) –  Nebraska City, NEJune 2, 2017
Its a great place to work at. Great people and great medical. Organized abd outstanding hands on help when starting a new employer.and awsome team work.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Short breaks
It's okay
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 1, 2017
Managers always had problems agreeing on one thing. Not enough pay for the work they make you do. I would not make a career of this. Boots are uncomfortable.
Cons
not enough pay, management not in ageement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cargill. Our community is ready to answer.