Cargill Employee Reviews

Found 1,155 reviews matching the search
Category Advisor
Category Advisor - Deli Category (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARJune 7, 2017
The Category Advisor role is responsible for utilizing category management principles to drive overall category sales and profitability with key retail partners. Interacts with customers as an expert in the field of category development, providing compelling presentations and analytics in support of category sales growth. Drives best practices involving space management, assortment analysis, feature ad optimization and profitability. Leverages available tools, technology, and syndicated data to improve the efficiency and consumer experience. Support strategic efforts to influence shelf, feature and assortment decisions.
Not a good choice
Customer Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 7, 2017
Horrible training and management is unable to give guidance because they don't know what to do. Work is extremely slow 7-8 months out of the year. Location wise, too far to travel for the money. They function on the good-old-boy system, which leaves no room for advancement for minorities and/or women. Very disorganized for the detail necessary to grow the business.
Pros
close to restaurants
Cons
crazy disorganized
Worked Kill floor
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Beardstown, ILJune 6, 2017
I worked on the headline, I boxed tongues I piped intestines. It was a very hot spot to be especially in the summer, the management was very supportive and helped you stay employed.
Pros
Management was great
Cons
super hot and bloody
Productive and okay
Wrapper Operator (Former Employee) –  Nebraska City, NEJune 2, 2017
Its a great place to work at. Great people and great medical. Organized abd outstanding hands on help when starting a new employer.and awsome team work.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Short breaks
It's okay
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 1, 2017
Managers always had problems agreeing on one thing. Not enough pay for the work they make you do. I would not make a career of this. Boots are uncomfortable.
Cons
not enough pay, management not in ageement
Love the people
Intern (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 1, 2017
My time at Cargill was eye-opening to the protean processing industry. I absolutely loved all of my managers and supervisors. The plant as a whole felt like a family.
Great workplace
Poultry serviceman (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaMay 31, 2017
Worked with local poultry producers to accomplish top yields of poultry products. Wonderful friendship with growers and fellow employees. The company is one of possible advances throughout.
Pros
Self motivated
Cons
Salary at time of hire
Good place to work.
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Marshall, MOMay 30, 2017
I liked working here for the time being. Good pay but recommend getting higher up positions to have a better working experience. The management can sometimes prefer presences instead of people who actually deserve it but I did like working here.
Pros
Good pay. Good hours.
Cons
Leads, long hours sometimes.
excellent place to work
Purchasing/Procurement Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHMay 30, 2017
This is an excellent place to work. Managment level respects your opinions and suggestions. They have great benefits and they care about their employees.
Great Place
School To Work Student (Former Employee) –  Eddyville, IAMay 30, 2017
I enjoyed working here. Great pay and I never had any conflicts with any of the people I worked with. Everyone I was in contact with was friendly and it was easy to get along with everyone.
great company, poor IT leadership
IT Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hopkins, MNMay 29, 2017
The work is engaging and the people are great.
Leadership in IT is extremely narrow-minded and consists mostly of inexperienced and often times incompetent people who are simply building their resume and trying to make a name for themselves and get to their next role. If they would listen to and empower their team they would get where they want to go a lot faster and with success. The IT organization claims values and principles, but it's all talk, they do not live them.
Pros
good people, pay/benefits, work/life balance
Cons
lack of integrity in leadership and execution
forklift operator
forklift operator (stand up) (Former Employee) –  forklift operatorMay 26, 2017
pulling orders, and data entry. driving stand up forklift rc 5500. handling raw materials and delivering materials on schedule. driving in and out freezer
great place to work
R&D Microbiologist (Contract position) (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIMay 26, 2017
this was a great experience that I had through a job placement company that was pitched to me as temp-to-hire. I loved the work that I did with the company and was great microbiology experience even with working with lipase enzymes for the production of cheese. My only regret is that I could not be hired on permanently despite the co-workers wishes because there was not a permanent position available.
Pros
good further microbiology experience and a professional company
Good place
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Butler, WIMay 25, 2017
Lots of different jobs here over 500 employees 2 different buildings experienced management quick pace job cool not cold temp decent pay bonuses every month
very good employer
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ottumwa, IAMay 24, 2017
Cargill was a very stabile employer with great opportunity for advancement. very safety minded. Cargill has a great reputation as being an industry leader.
Pros
stability
Liked the work not managment
Process Teach (Former Employee) –  Seguin, TXMay 23, 2017
Hard work is great there, great co workers to work with. Not much support when it came to issues from management. Did like the staff meetings those where always helpful.
Pros
Pay, meetings
Cons
lack of leadership
Does not fit what the strangest access to it
Ross Technician (Former Employee) –  Dayton, VAMay 23, 2017
This poultry plant does not suit my future expectations, but I have tried to learn the rules of business in the United States and I respect this factory despite everything. I learned a lot there. Where I learned to work on a lot of machines and learned to drive forklift and learned to run Machnh production with high skill and also learned some maintenance.
I want to build myself in a better place.
Pros
I do not want to answer
Cons
I do not want to answer
Researh (Former Employee) –  Wayzata, MNMay 22, 2017
This is a great company, they pay very well and give you extended vacations based on performance. This company actually develops and retains their talent
Productive and fast- paced
Purchasing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Butler, WIMay 22, 2017
My typical day at Cargill was always different. Something always comes up to where I had to think fast and respond quickly. I learned to have patience and friendly attitude toward the employees and vendors. Management here was very helpful and easy to approach when issues arrive. The hardest part of my job is avoid procrastination. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping employees with issues relating to purchasing requistions and order status.
Pros
learning SAP
Cons
filing papework
low wages good benefits
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Little Chute, WIMay 21, 2017
Working for cargill I started out with two weeks of vacation witch was nice but I was living paycheck to paycheck. I would still be working there if they could of paid me what i thought the job was worth.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cargill. Our community is ready to answer.