Cargill

Cargill Employer Reviews

Co-workers
MAINTENANCE PARTS ROOM CLERK (Former Employee), Timberville, VADecember 5, 2013
I Enjoyed my job and loved the people I worked with. I liked my hours and I learned a lot about inventory control and maintenance.
Extremely fast paced and pushing the limits...
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Beardstown, ILNovember 26, 2013
Pros: pay is descent for the enviroment, ever changing challanges, job security
Cons: management hard to work with for time off for vacations, school, fmla, or personal needs. communication between different parts of management severly lacking.
I have worked at Cargill Meat Solutions for 7+ years as a maintenance working. Starting on 3rd shift overnights in a wash-down environment with extreme temperature changes throughout the night. Now I'm working the hours of 3pm to 11:30pm 6 days a week most of the year. For around the last 2 years I have been working 3pm to 3:30am 12 hour shifts to cover – more... for 3rd shift lacking electricians. I have learned a vast majority of skills and problem solving strategies. Being in an ever changing environment with in excess of 5 different languages and continuously changing rules and regulations, I find it a welcomed challenge trying to keep up to date with these hurdles.

My co-workers are amazing, We all work together and get the task completed to keep the facility running. Doing so in a safe and time efficient manor. We are all able to laugh and joke even on the worst of days and help each other when times get tough.

Hardest part of my job is trying to juggle my personal life with my work schedule. We are required to work 6 days a week the majority of August through February. Including Christmas, Thanksgiving, and other holidays. This leaves little time to be with your families at these times.

The most enjoyable part I would have to say is when I am given a task that tests my abilities and makes me really focus and reach for skills I rarely have to use. Being given an electrical drawing and parts to retro fit a piece of equipment that no one else can do is a way that lets me know my skills are needed for the task at hand.

Most of my boss's are amazing and will gladly come out there and help you with a task if you ask them. My previous boss I worked for in the plant would have to be the best person I had the please to work for in my 7+ years at the plant. He worked with you and would constantly follow you to a job to help or offer advice. During his time with me on many jobs we over came many obstacles and utilized our combined skill set to maintain a low amount of downtime and exceptional preventative maintenance report for the area we were in change for. – less
Friendly environment
Packaging (Former Employee), California, MONovember 25, 2013
Pros: lots of overtime
Cons: no annual pay raises
Although there were a few things I would change, I found it to be a good work experience.
Very welcoming atmosphere
Meat Processor (Former Employee), Ottumwa, IANovember 24, 2013
Pros: union baxes
Cons: short breaks
The job paid well and had good benefits. It became too difficult to commute for an hour each day. It was a very physical job and my body could not keep up with the pace.
Great Company
Executive Assistant/ Office Manager (Former Employee), Wilson, NCNovember 22, 2013
Pros: everything
Cons: ?
What a great company. Very team oriented and job satisfaction. One of the oldest companies in the US, job security was never a question. This company has great benefits.
GOOD PLACE TO WORK
BOXER (Current Employee), Dodge City, KSNovember 21, 2013
Pros: everybody need to pay for lonch or make our own at home
Cons: 2 breaks good health ins.
NICE SUPERVISER, LEARN MORE ABOUT BEEF PLANT DO HARDEST PORT OF MY JOB COLD VERY COLD
a learning experience
Elevator Operator (Former Employee), new johnsonville,tnNovember 20, 2013
Pros: training
Cons: few bad upper management
The plant it self its great but some times uppper management does wont to listen to their employees when there are over 40 years of experinence.
Enjoy working with the Company
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Airport way Stockton, CANovember 13, 2013
Enjoy the Freedom, working alone with no supervision. Enjoy working with co-workers,good and nice people.
Great Company
Continuous Improvement and Lean SME (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNNovember 12, 2013
Pros: great people and leaders
Cons: locations are not the most favorable
Awesome company to work for. Cargill cares about the people who work there.
Cargill
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Gainesville, GANovember 12, 2013
Meeting new people and the people I worked with were good people the hardest part was going outside in the cold and rain . the most enjoyable was making people smile and knowing that I was enjoying my job
ok but wouldn't have a career here
operator (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 11, 2013
Pros: none it sucks
Cons: not enough money being paid to operators
Cargill is only a starter place to work so you can go somewhere better. The pay is way beyond comparison to other companies.Management really are not team players with the operators and the union sides with the company. so in saying all that is to say that Cargill in Chicago, illinois really suck and I would not stay there long or you gonna miss better – more... opportunities to advance with good pay and benefits – less
Great Customers
Farm Marketer (Current Employee), Sioux Falls, SDNovember 7, 2013
I get to work everyday with the American Farmer. Not many other jobs offer a customer base who enjoys having you around.
Fun Coworkers with Different Opportunities
Process Analyst (Current Employee), Wayzata, MNNovember 4, 2013
Working with people all over the world in businesses that are vast. Great coworkers that are team players with a can-do attitude and know how to have fun in the process.
Excellent place to work
Ribber (Former Employee), Fort Morgan, CONovember 3, 2013
Pros: everything
I enjoyed working for cargill,because every day was different.
Wonderful place to work,enjoyed my co workers and job
Records Quality Control Clerk (Former Employee), Wyalusing, PAOctober 30, 2013
I enjoyed my job and any challenges that I had. My co workers and management were great to work with and work for. I learned a lot about the Quality of Product that we produced and worked close with the USDA.
a very diverse company.
Trainer (Former Employee), Milwaukee wiOctober 29, 2013
Cargill Milwaukee is a good place to work at. It has a lot of cultures that helps you learn as you grow, both positive and negative.
Great Company
Farm Store Consultant (Current Employee), Southeastern United StatesOctober 28, 2013
Cargill is a large company, with lots of opportunities!
Working for Cargill is a great experience.
Very hard work
Pack-off (Former Employee), Wyalusing, PAOctober 26, 2013
Pros: excellent wages
Cons: extemely hard on hands
This is the most physically demanding job I have ever worked.
Good Environment , work/life balance , less benefits
Trade Execution Coordinator (Former Employee), Maadi , Cairo , EgyptOctober 22, 2013
In 9 years i got an excellent experience as an accountant for 3 years ( customers , accounting entries , reconciliations ) + trade execution coordinator ( shipping documents , pricing , contracts , logistics )
Very good company
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Minnetonka, MNOctober 20, 2013
Very good company. Well organized and driven people. People are a little brainwashed and drink the Cargill kool-aid a little much though.

About Cargill

Cargill is a unique place you can grow your career, your experience and your abilities. Every day, we grow our reputation as a – Read more