Cargill Employee Reviews in United States

HR Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 1, 2015
Great Leaders,great culture, lots of opportunity to learn and grow.
Good HR practices and good benefits. Great team work, emphasis on safety and engagement.
good
Hyperion Administrator/Developer (Former Employee) –  Hopkins, MNMarch 21, 2016
The purpose of this project is to standardize existing project planning processes using Hyperion Planning. It provides a web-enabled solution for the users to enter and access plan, budget and actual data for the projects. The financial reports enabled the user to retrieve the consolidated budgets and actuals for the projects and plans.
how i feel toward work?
Lober (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 27, 2016
work is work,i have learn to adapt to my surroundings and working at cargill inc,has it up and down? pay is great and the worker are good to work with.I like it there but not my cup of tea.
Pros
full time job with great pay.
Cons
i am a hard worker, all my life.the work there is to easing.
Fun place to work
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMay 31, 2016
New hire process is a mess and leaves one feeling lost. Chaos abounds surrounding work duties and processes. Managers implement changes to process without looking at the full picture of all parts of the process that will be affected.
Pros
Office Fun
Cons
Chaos
high paced production enviornment
Maintenance/FSQR Production Lead (Current Employee) –  abileneApril 25, 2016
high paced job, high work load, competative pay. stressfull safety focused. goes through time where you work alot of hours and are loaded with lots of work duties. not really a job for somedoy who is looking to coast through a job. you will be challenged.
Fun work environment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDMay 23, 2016
I enjoyed my time with Cargill. Loved working with the people there and the environment was fun, easy going. The management at the time was not so good due to them hiring a new manager for our team. Besides that i loved my time with Cargill.
Good starting place
HR (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 1, 2015
Good place to get a lot of exposure to compliance, and career knowledge. Poor work life/balance because the company puts an emphasis on it. The management is very traditional and "old school" and resists change.
Pros
Good development
long breaks
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Dayton, VAMay 31, 2016
cargill is a good company but the salary that they pay thier emploeys should be alot more than what they pay beacuase the job that the employes are doing is worth of getting alot more than what they get
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long breaks with no pay
A company one can be proud to work for
Inventory Control Associate (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNJune 27, 2016
Well organized, world leader. Wonderful benefits.
Well established company.
I recommend this company to anyone.
Many different divisions to work for.
very progressive company'
Pros
Diversity
Enjoyed
PLC/Scale Operator (Former Employee) –  Hickman, KYMarch 12, 2016
Very much enjoyed my job and the people I worked with. I learned many new computer skills and I love any kind of work with computers. Manager was the best I have ever worked with. The people I worked with were a great bunch of folks. I don't really have a most enjoyable part, I loved it all.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Recent Company downsizing
All in All it was just a job nothing spectacular .
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALApril 25, 2016
Just worked there to receive a paycheck and try to take to take care of my family the best way I could the people there were sometimes difficult to work with but that's with any job I suppose other than that it was a decent job .
amazing company
General Worker (Former Employee) –  Ottumwa, IAJune 30, 2016
amazing place for work,
the job is too hard but the payment is good
good management , amazing policy , there is a lot of fun . if you don't like your department you can change another department , there is more freedom at the company
Lacks caring about tenured employees
Manager (Current Employee) –  Hopkins, MNJuly 23, 2015
Not what it was when I started. Have seen too many good people forced out. A good ol boy network to say the least and I dont think they trear people very well. Used to be a great place to work but new senior management changed all of that.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
No advancement, too many bosses, a good company if you are just startng out but tenured employees are forced out the door
The atmosphere is relaxed
Accounts Receivable Finance Clerk (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDApril 14, 2016
I enjoy working for Cargill, however as a contract employee, there are none of the benefits and none of the security that would come with actually working for the company rather than an agency.
Pros
No micromanagement
Cons
No stability and long term guarantee
Up, Down and a bit Sideways
Mill / Marine Tower Operator (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 2, 2015
Pros: The Memphis plant is a very interesting place to work. I did like doing my job very much also. I really learned a lot about complex systems and operated them for many years.

Cons: This plant covers up and will NEVER admit its ragged and dangerous rotted structures are a death trap. It has been this way for many many years. Some of the structures and equipment crash to the ground and this company use fear as to make the people in the plant feel as though they are the ones that caused these things to happen. Many of the workers are so brainwashed and afraid to speak out due to most of the management team looking down on them and have actually said "they are dumb"out in the plant. Also complacency makes it seem true for some. This management group lie a lot and seem to be afraid of one another also. Speaking out with the TRUTH can get you in a lot of trouble out there. If not fired, then Blackballed for life. Good to know your civil rights at this plant also, because its union is a joke and dance on the puppet strings of lies that management whisper into their ticklish ears.

BLACKBALLED and feeling great
Excellent company
Trade Execution Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLMay 31, 2016
Excellent company, good benefits, unfortunately do to the business, some positions will be relocated to Costa Rica and some positions will be eliminated.
Pros
Very ggod
Cons
positions will move to Costa Rica
Good stepping stone to Batch Blending
Batch Process Technician (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 17, 2015
This job could be a great place to work and get experience in the refinery field. Management is lacking in the Chicago plant. This job has a lot to offer for getting starting in the field. Batch blending, Distillation, Running lab analysis, Loading and Unloading truck and railcars, Control and Monitoring process and plenty of trouble shooting.
Pros
Safety conscious environment
Cons
Great place to start and grow a career
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Westwego, LAApril 13, 2016
Cargill is a fantastic place to start and grow your career. Cargill cares about its employees and does a great job in training, developing and advancing its employees.
Pros
Large company, plenty of growth opportunity
Cons
no work life balance
production and freezer
general labor (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 29, 2016
work in a cold department stacking boxes but do have friendly co workers and they all likes me because i was the youngest. hit our daily production numbers
Pros
work in good paste
Cons
walk to far from parking lot
its alright working there
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 12, 2016
contracted position for a specific project. it was fun to work there. i am not a big fan of this. its a good company if you want to work a contracted position, it had some judgmental areas