Cargill

Cargill Employer Reviews

Great global company
Innovation Program Leader (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNMarch 25, 2014
I was given a world of opportunities to learn 60 businesses and to create my own career path.
productive
Probestand operator (Current Employee), New Madrid, MOMarch 21, 2014
Pros: compensation is good.
Cons: long hours, and unnerving management
During harvest a typical day is very long and tiring. Knowing that you have to work those same long days every day for 6 days a week is very sad. Co-workers are very friendly and family oriented. I've learned quite a bit in the last 4 years.
Something New For me
BBS Member (Current Employee), Timberville, VAMarch 19, 2014
Well I learned a lot about Food Safety!
How important it is while dealing with products that our customers and family consume
fun work place
trim line (Former Employee), Plainview, TXMarch 19, 2014
i learned new things every day had fun co workers the hardest part of the job was having to stay real late after shift
Hands on Experience
Finance Accounting Associate (Current Employee), Sidney, OHMarch 18, 2014
Cargill has given me the opportunity to work hard and learn their business. I have grown as a professional and I appreciate the company’s ethics and giving back to the community.
Terrible place to work.
process technican (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALMarch 15, 2014
Cons: they care nothing about their employees
Management has no integrity. The rules and principles mean nothing.
worst office culture ever!
Customer Solutions Associate (Former Employee), Coralville, IAMarch 14, 2014
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: mean people bad management terrible training zero work life balance
Cargill Animal Nutrition....The majority of the people in the office there are rude, non - supportive and very mean to others, especially new hires. Sad thing was I transferred from a Cargill location I'd been at for 10 years! The customer service team you'd be working with for this job are extremely "mean girl" high school like unprofessionals. I can – more... recommend several other Cargill locations and business units but NOT Animal Nutrition. Huge disappointment. Management at this office is also very unprofessional. They fraternize with the CSR's at bars, on Facebook and at work inappropriately.
DO NOT WORK HERE UNLESS YOU PLAN TO LOOK FOR WORK IN 3 MONTHS AFTER STARTING THERE!!!! – less
Good professional environment
Product Specialist (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MN.March 12, 2014
Pros: work from home
Enjoyed work from home. I was able to provide tech support via remote software. Worked at customer's convenience.
Great Place
Crush Operator, Utility Operator (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOMarch 9, 2014
Great people except a few here and there......................................................................................................................
Production
Operator (Former Employee), Sidney, OHMarch 6, 2014
Cons: cut more and more benefits every year.
Always have to watch your back, Management constantly looks for ways to fire people that Don't kiss their butt. If your a Yes man you will get along good there. Co-workers will stab you in the back to make themselves look better to Management.
Overall Good Experience
Credit and Cash Management (Former Employee), Hopkins, MNMarch 4, 2014
Always worked with great people. The workload was very heavy but manageable. Working across multiple systems and programs. Advancement Opportunities. Long commute.
very productive and fun
Maintenance (Former Employee), California, MOMarch 3, 2014
Pros: good boss nice employees
Cons: none as long as you can handle a hard days work
Drive to job site with crew climb and trim trees hall away brush do your job talk to the boss and have fun doing your job
love the people i worked with
Job Performance Evaluator (Current Employee), beardstown ilFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: short breaks and very long hours
will greatly miss my job with Cargill. are team was like family
Cargill is a terrible place to work
Navel Bones (Former Employee), milwaukee,WIFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: most of your fellow employees are very nice and helpfull
Cons: poor management, dishonesty and a severe lack of integrity
I was lied to from the start about pretty much everything. You are made a lot of promises that are never kept. They claimed my starting pay would only be for 60 days. Turns out the policy changed after I was hired which is why I never got my promised pay raise. The manager I worked under for most of my time there lied to my face about what was going – more... on and the human resources managers will refuse to help you. I was told that I was an excellent employee but yet they treated me like I was an expendable asset. After I was unjustly fired I was not paid for all of the hours I worked during my final week but human resources will not return my calls. Working for Cargill was one of the worst experiences I've ever had at a work place. Stay away! – less
Productive and a fun workplace
Grain Elevator (Former Employee), Halls, TNFebruary 20, 2014
I enjoyed every day I went to work. I got along with everybody. I was happy going to my job
Overall horrible work environment and disgraceful management.
DSM Operator (Current Employee), Sidney, OHFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: horrible management, no time for home life
If you have a family I would highly discourage you from getting a job here. You would have to be ready for 12 hour days 7 days a week for months at a time. From not just my experience but with also what I have witnessed with ALOT of my co-workers the management is prone to harassment and down grading you in front of others on a daily basis. They have – more... a huge tendency for playing favorites and have been known for retaliation. The only up side to this is the benefits. thats it. Everyday is miserable. We make $17 an hour and people are quitting constantly. That speaks for itself. – less
motivational fast paced enviorment
Packer (Current Employee), Butler, WIFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: weekly paycheck
Cons: long work week ex.60-70 per week
work day began at 5:25am ends at 4:00 I learned how to pack patties,use the scale and ship burgers across the united states,management works well with other employees,co-workers work together as a close net team,the hardest part of the job was working in a cold enviorment for ten hour shifts 6-7 days a week,the most enjoyable part of the job is a weekly – more... paycheck – less
Shipping/ Receiving (Current Employee), Newnan, GAFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: very cold
I Love the people I work with. Most of the day I am on my feet. The job is very easy
Fast paced job with excellent job security
Lead Blender/Loader (Former Employee), Kenosha, WIFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: high pace work environment
Cons: mandatory holidays
A typical day consisted of but not limited to: Computer controlled operation where I was in charge of mixing snd testing, of product/s to customer specifications. I also was in charge of the distribution of product/s to specific departments such as rail department, warehouse, direct pipeline, and bulk truck load out. I also was required to load and – more... seal bulk trucks and the processing of paperwork such as a bill of lading. I learned how to control my time and limit down time to a minimum while achieving my daily work load. Management was very direct yet allowed individual thinking. The hardest part of my job was the time restraints for orders on occasion. The most enjoyable part of my job was the high pace and the individual thinking and leadership. – less
Good place
Lab. Technician (Former Employee), Mount Crawford, VAFebruary 11, 2014
Growing opportunities.
Not so great salary and benefits.
Good people to work with.

About Cargill

Cargill is a unique place you can grow your career, your experience and your abilities. Every day, we grow our reputation as a – Read more