Cargill Employee Reviews

Found 1,150 reviews matching the search
good place to work
Senior Engineer- Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMay 16, 2017
Cargill is a great place to work. Cargill has a very good work culture. Management really cares about the employees. Cargill's benefits and health package is also really great.
Good pay and benefits, and everyone means well.
Palletizer (Current Employee) –  Albert Lea, MNMay 16, 2017
Working in palletizing in CWL is numbing because of the just below freezing temperature, fast pasted and heavy work, along side being alone almost every night other than when on breaks, makes it less then preferred. But time I've spent on other positions arround the factory, show that anywhere but pallets is really nice, and Cargill goes out of their way to make sure every employee has fair working opportunities and can do their job to the best of their ability.
Working 6 to 7 days a week instead of the almost promised 5 to 6 days a week, left me with few days off to recover from the work of palletizing and is making the experience far from enjoyable as it once was.
Pros
Pay and hours are quite good, and fellow employees are really nice and friendly
Cons
Days off are rare and working second shift makes it hard to be social outside of work
Great culture and atmosphere but structure is very inefficient and disorganized
Intern (Former Employee) –  Hopkins, MNMay 16, 2017
The individuals are great and the company culture and atmosphere is top-notch. However, the entry and training process is very disorganized. It took me over a week to get my credentials, laptop, and other materials needed to perform my job.
Worked on a cutting line separating meat from the bone.
Line Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Plainview, TXMay 16, 2017
Very hard job. Have to handle other jobs as well. Many other times when people were absent, I would have to do their job as well. The managers there were not very good and did not care for your safety to much.
production and chain speed.
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Fort Morgan, COMay 14, 2017
Hardest part of the jobs. I know about all of food safety from Cargill. Because we have keep the rule everyday. We are going team work between coworker and supervisor.
Cargill has a Great Culture!
Human Capital Analytics Consultant (Current Employee) –  Wayzata, MNMay 12, 2017
Great People, Great Leadership and Great Culture! There's something to be said about working for a privately held/family owned company. You are not treated like a number at Cargill.
Pros
Flexible Workplace Arrangement - sometimes I just work from home.
productive place
Maintenance Technician Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort Morgan, COMay 11, 2017
PM'S,trouble shootings,daily inspection,set up machinery ,replace broken parts and fix, assist at the technical meetings.I learned to work with people with different culture than mine,hardest part of the job was to work outside with the snow,and the enjoyable was to work beside the manager.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
I'm glad they re-hired me
Food Safety Analyst – FSQR (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 10, 2017
Technical Assistant in Specs & Labeling – Pork Research and Development
• Submit to the USDA new and changed product packaging for Pork for regulatory approvals.
• Update and maintain Pork specifications for the plant floor operations including inputting new information, images and documents.
• Maintain and input information into Management Of Change system. Including working with internal and external customers.
Food Safety Analyst – Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory
• Analyze laboratory results for product disposition for Ground Beef, Fresh Combo Trim, FTB, AMR and Offal.
• Communicate product disposition and release product in plant floor systems.
• Trained and mentored the last two new employees for Test and Hold on daily work and procedures so they are prepared to work with our fast-paced environment.
Horrid place to work
Administrative Assistant-O.E. (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNMay 10, 2017
This company chews people up and spits them out. Terrible work culture. Management doesn't listen to all employees. Not sufficient training for job duties.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Very political climate and work environment
running machines and general labor
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Timberville, VAMay 9, 2017
pretty god for three years but pay was to low for what i knew what to do. Enviroment was ok they spoke about safety but they would break some safety points for their convenience
Amazing School
Customers Service Manager (Former Employee) –  FLMay 9, 2017
This was my first job, and I got in love with the culture, values and the way they develop your abilities. Since day 1 to my last day I challenge my self to be the best.
Just another corporation
Mason City IA (Former Employee) –  Mason City, IA 50401May 9, 2017
There is no work life balance, safety is a after thought, and only changes after someone gets hurt. The only thing fun about the job is the people I worked with. In the 8 years i was there I had over 18 different team leaders.
Pros
the people are good to work with and the pay
Cons
just about everything else.
Had a good experience there
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Marshall, MOMay 8, 2017
Going in work was basically the same thing every day i would pull
merchandise out of the racks and i would wrap the boxes scan them to my pull sheet and load them in the trucks or i would unload trucks
and assigned them in the racks
muy buena con arto rendimiento de trabajo
Empleado (Former Employee) –  Schuyler, NEMay 8, 2017
Pues yo desde mi punto de vista les digo que si les recomiendo la empresa y sus beneficios.
Pros
tiene enfermería
Horrible place to work
Terminal Operator (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAMay 5, 2017
The pay does not accurately compensate the amount of work you are expected to put in. The facility is in poor condition making some work tasks excessively difficult.
good place to work
Trimmer (Former Employee) –  Plainview, TXMay 4, 2017
ok place to work really dangerous but safety was a top thing there and also they all really cared about was production did the same thing over and over and over and over all day
Outsourcing Central
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNMay 3, 2017
Although I enjoyed my job at Cargill for many years, they company has been going through multiple iterations of outsourcing not just in IT but throughout the company. As a result, my work experience at Cargill has gone from being relaxed and a fun place to work, to being stressful as you wonder who will be the next to lose their job to outsourcing.
Pros
Great company and good people
Cons
Constant environment of outsourcing
Has extreme racial issues
Knuckle Puller (Former Employee) –  Friona, TXMay 2, 2017
Job is very good. Lunch is good. People are very racist and makes minorities feel unwelcome. Some instances minorites feel threatened. Every day you must have your guard up. If you talk to management your confidentiality will be neglected. Which will make it even more unsafe for minorities.
Pros
Fast paced.
Cons
racial discimination
Fascinating working experiences
Biodiesel Technician (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 2, 2017
Run the plant and take samples to ensure good product is being made. Hardest part would be the DuPont schedule, days one week and nights the next can wear on the body. Most enjoyable is being about to have free roam of the plant and making own decisions.
Good employee benefits and flexibility
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Clair, MIMay 2, 2017
The corporate vision and work culture tends to get skewed as it flows down to the business units. I really enjoyed working there in the first years of my employment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cargill. Our community is ready to answer.