Cargill Employee Reviews in United States

production and freezer
general labor (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 29, 2016
work in a cold department stacking boxes but do have friendly co workers and they all likes me because i was the youngest. hit our daily production numbers
Pros
work in good paste
Cons
walk to far from parking lot
Local employees are great; management is terrible
Sales Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Tiptonville, TN; Hales Point, TNApril 19, 2016
Regional & corporate management is terrible. This makes for a poor working environment. Coworkers were good.
There are frequent layoffs.
Pros
Salary & benefits
Cons
Management; frequent layoffs/restructuring
Rewarding jobplace, great practice
Industrial Maintinance (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARSeptember 29, 2014
I answered trouble calls and assisted and educated.
I learned Industrial control systems, and industrial electrical components.
My management loved me, and I them. They fought to get me raise after raise resulting in a %93 pay increase from the time I got there till the time I left. They pushed to have me go corporate shortly before I left.
My co-workers and I had a fantastic working relationship. I'm still friends with many of them.
The hardest part of the day was the material acquisition.
The best part of the day was the feeling I got when I brought a machine back to life.
Pros
cool comfortable work enviroment.
Cons
weak insurrance package.
An environment in which you can grow your career
Process & Solutions Architect (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXApril 17, 2016
Cargill has an engaging culture and communication style. Employees are empowered to make decisions. Plenty of employee engagement and encouragement to volunteer.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Big on Safety
Fast Paced Enviorment
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKApril 21, 2016
This is a good company to work for. If you can deal with all the drama . They offer great insurance good pay so thats where they get you. If you ahve a family i wouldnt advise workig here they dont care about anything but you being at work.
its alright working there
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 12, 2016
contracted position for a specific project. it was fun to work there. i am not a big fan of this. its a good company if you want to work a contracted position, it had some judgmental areas
Cargill Animal Nutrition is a family atmosphere
Senior Manufacturing Solution Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hopkins, MNMarch 30, 2016
CAN business provided a warm and nurturing atmosphere where IT staff were treated as a part of the business unit.

Allows individuals to build upon existing skill sets as well as develop additional skills.
Culture only focused on metrics and increasing productivity
Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hopkins, MNMay 8, 2013
Typical day always has more work than people to do it

Learned process needs to be tempered by common sense

Management Only concerned with creating positive metrics even if not based on reality.

Co-workers were great. A lot of good people tying to do their best.

Hardest part of job is being managed by people who do not know what we do and are only interested in metrics that don't always fit.

Actually changed work life balance to work life choice because so many people question if work life balance was possible.

Most enjoyable part of the job is working with great people and feeling of accomplishment when things are going well.
Pros
job security, chance to work with global teams
Cons
diminising benifits and ever increasing expectations
Excellent employee life caring. Family is First.
INVENTORY SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Dayton, VirginiaAugust 13, 2015
I really enjoy working for Cargill. They care about there people. You can move anywhere around the world by applying internally. I do enjoy going to work, the management is great, they get to know you and listen. Been through a lot of training for management, some at work place other training off site and sometimes in different states. Co-workers are great. Most are quality people. Worst part of the job is letting someone go because they don't try or don't care.
Pros
Work/Life, Training, flexible work hours, advancement if willing to move
Cons
No place to go where I am.
Hard to be able to advance
Refrigeration Operator I (Former Employee) –  Fort Morgan, COJuly 8, 2016
Small town mentality, didn't know very many people, seemed hard to advance. advancement in job and pay was hard. union based had its good and bad.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
frustrating
Great Company to work for
Deli Raw Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJanuary 26, 2015
Cargill, work culture is great, safety and food safety is always a priority. Cargill is a great place to develop especially if you start early in your career path lots of opportunities for growth in different areas.

The hardest part is managing the work-life balance, if you have small kids there is no room for time, the expectation is that work is first.
Pros
great benefits and culture
Cons
work-life balance
Cargill is an awesome company to work for. Would do it all over again if I could.
Quality Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plainview, TXMay 10, 2016
Cargill is a company that I would refer to any one looking for a job. They have good people working for them. They also have very good benefits.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Wayzata, MNMay 19, 2016
Energetic management. The leadership has great vision for the future of the company. They are inspirational leaders. Wonderful people to work with. Great benefits and compensation.
Long hours without the flexibility to get the job done
supervisor (Former Employee) –  milwaukee,wiFebruary 10, 2015
No fun at cargill,just work harder and harder,always putting more and more on your plate without compensation,its all about the bottom line,nothing else matters including its employees,they dont put alot into the company,just enough to skirt the state and federal policys
Pros
healthcare is pretty good, but all costs are being passed on to the employees
Cons
work longer hours with more of a work load without compensation
It was a job.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Ottumwa, IAJanuary 3, 2015
Typical day at work would be rushing to get ready to get on the line. Hoping that the day would pass without a problem arising. I would not say all the co-workers were as pleasant to be around and the trainers were also not too good at training they would show up at the beginning of the shift and wouldn't see them the rest of the day as well as the supervisors. The speed of the ribs falling would be crazy! The hardest part of the job would be having to do your job no matter how hostile the environment was and would also see so much discrimination it was pretty uncomfortable. The most enjoyable part however would be getting my paycheck.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
not a great working environment.
Grain processor (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXMarch 4, 2016
fast pace good place to work MANAGEMENT EASY to get along with. very customer interactive and easy to need time off for family if needed
Cargill
Scale Associate (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARJune 10, 2016
The required work was interesting and a competitive environment to keep up with the professionals poultry industry. Job and work life balance is competitive with professionals.
worst office culture ever!
Customer Solutions Associate (Former Employee) –  Coralville, IAMarch 14, 2014
Cargill Animal Nutrition....The majority of the people in the office there are rude, non - supportive and very mean to others, especially new hires. Sad thing was I transferred from a Cargill location I'd been at for 10 years! The customer service team you'd be working with for this job are extremely "mean girl" high school like unprofessionals. I can recommend several other Cargill locations and business units but NOT Animal Nutrition. Huge disappointment. Management at this office is also very unprofessional. They fraternize with the CSR's at bars, on Facebook and at work inappropriately.
DO NOT WORK HERE UNLESS YOU PLAN TO LOOK FOR WORK IN 3 MONTHS AFTER STARTING THERE!!!!
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
mean people bad management terrible training zero work life balance
Ok place to work.
Relief Operator (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHApril 20, 2016
I worked at Cargill for over 11 years. My last 2 years there I saw a lot of questionable firings, hiring, and promotions. I decided to move on to greener pastures.
Pros
not much
Cons
Expensive health insurance, and 12 hour swing shift.
Great company to Work for
Production Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Schuyler, NEJuly 11, 2016
This company was pretty awesome to work. Out of all the companies that I worked with, Cargill was the best. The benefits and pay were pretty competitive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cargill. Our community is ready to answer.