Cargo Largo Employee Reviews

Great job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOAugust 31, 2017
Great job for a teenager still in highschool or a student in college. Great for the discount and the experience. Very fast past and customer friendly.
Pros
Great job
Cons
Long periods with out a break
Fun and exciting
Electronics Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOAugust 18, 2017
Responsible for opening electronics department of store and organizing isles for customer shopping. Assemble televisions for display and for sales. Organize display cases with a variety of merchandise available for customer to view and purchase. Interact with customers and assist with any questions or needs.
Pros
fun and busy
Cons
very slow periods
Management expects you to read their minds
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOAugust 3, 2017
Firstly, if you have allergies, this is not a fun place to work. There is dust and it is everywhere.
Second, if you like your managers to either be rude to you or be really vague at what they want done and get mad at you if you can't read their minds to know what they want SPECIFICALLY and then get upset with you, you might want to avoid this job.
Some employees are absolutely the nicest people you'll ever meet, and you'll seriously wonder how they came to be in such a place. These people are outnumbered by snobby, holier than thou employees who either want nothing to do with you and isolate you or try there darndest to make your life more miserable then when you first started working there. I went in to this job paying more attention to the "96% are PROUD to work at cargo largo!" and when I went in there, numerous people described it as "a nightmare". Always look at an actual employees review and not some job ad review that's possibly rigged.
Pros
Cons
Poor training for employees, poor attitudes from select co-workers, bad management
Good people to work with, not so good pay or room to advance
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 14, 2017
Co workers were great to work with, but the pay was not what it should be for the type and amount of work you had to do. It was very hard to work your way up the chain and management wasn't the best to work with. It seem to come to production to them and not the employees welfare
Interesting Warehouse
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 18, 2017
Sorting salvage freight was always interesting. It was quick to learn and wasn't too strenuous. The people are friendly and the hours are good and so is the pay.
Pros
Good breaks, decent location
Cons
Hot
A Blessing in Disguise
Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 20, 2017
We look like just another warehouse from the outside, but inside we are Cargo Largo. A family owned company that is committed to their employees.
Team work and respect is a major part of our family environment. Coworkers are valued and rewarded for hard work, dependability and positive attitudes.
Finding Cargo Largo has been a blessing into my life where I enjoy coming into work daily with great team members.
Pros
Recognition, Great Training, Multiple Advancement Opportunities, Benefits, Employee Purchase Benefits
Cons
Little cold or warm based on weather, can be a little dirty
Sales Floor associate (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOJanuary 28, 2017
clock in go to area get told what needs to be done do it and wait for store to close untile then do nothing for the next 6 hours
busy fun place to work
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOJanuary 20, 2017
Great people.Teamwork is exceptional by the associates. Really dedicated customer base. Sales all of the time that keep things busy most times.
Pros
great hours
Cons
facility
really fun work environment
Lister (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 13, 2017
The people were fun to work with. The management was pretty good except for the manager over Amazon listing. There was alot of gossip between employees in the book listing department!
Pros
fun people
Cons
gossiping
Bad managment
Clothing Associate (Current Employee) –  Independence, MODecember 28, 2016
Bad management, they would change the schedule without telling anyone. Also had no organization when it comes to scheduling employees. Stressful job based upon the people you have to work with.
Creative and fun work environment
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOOctober 4, 2016
A day at cargo largo consists of constantly putting out new merchandise, refilling products, and doing go backs. Management is nice for the most part. Co workers were nice. The most enjoyable part of the job was the creative and freedom aspect.
Pros
Free food sometimes, weekly pay.
Great atmosphere
Receiving/Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 28, 2016
This place had a lot of opportunity. Chances for advancement if you sustain exceptional performance. Coworkers made coming to work fun. This company has a big Heart. Company goals strive toward an aggressive plan for financial growth all while caring for employee satisfaction along the way. You get dirty and face challenges so be ready for stretching your abilities at this company. Overall good experience just get stretched at times.
Pros
Coworkers, management cares
Cons
Healthcare cost for families, unreasonable expectations at times
Great Culture and Work Environment
Commercial Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 27, 2016
I worked in the Front St. warehouse and would recommend it to anyone willing to put in a hard days work. Most jobs aren't incredibly difficult... if you don't have a problem doing work. You're going to get dirty, and you may even break a sweat, but it's worth it. Aside from the standard employee benefits, there are employee purchase benefits that are out of this world.
In addition, the management is pretty much anything you'd hope for in a corporation. They're supportive, proactive and encourage new ideas and approaches to processes. Yes, what I said is not a mistake.
Cargo Largo is, without question, one of the best corporations I've ever worked for, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them as a great place to work!
My Summary
Solidifier (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 16, 2016
Solidify liquid products untill Truck arrives.Once truck arrives Id move boxes to production line.I learned that communication is vital when workin with a team.My co workers worked hard and made the job go along smooth.Hardest part of the job was the extremely heavy boxes most enjoyable part was the new friends I made.
High energy and busy.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOJuly 4, 2015
I was a cashier at the checkout counter. Typical days included checking out customers and helping other departments that were short handed. I learned to be very efficient and fast as well as very accurate and detail oriented. Co-workers were very helpful and there was a good camaraderie with all of the employees. Management was very fair and they had many days of appreciation for us (i.e. cookouts, etc.). The pay was minimal. Although it wasn't difficult work, the days were taxing because of the amount of customers that came through. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fast pace. The hardest part of the job was the heat. The cashiers worked by the doors to enter and exit the building and it was hard to keep it cool.
Pros
Fun people and customers
Cons
Hot environment
healthy atmosphere, Cut too much into outside life with OT
Warehouse Transfer Specialist/Audit (Former Employee) –  Kansas City MoJune 4, 2015
Unload Trucks, Sort and enter all incoming parcels and contents, Warehouse Items that can be sent back to customers or high priced items, fast friendly atmosphere but tense and never ending flow. Forced OT weekly common to work 50-60 hours a week. Saturdays and some holidays.Management was friendly but was not understanding for emergencies.
Pros
Well balanced work time, Team work ethic
Cons
Mandatory OT, Over optimistic goals
I really enjoyed working for this company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOApril 30, 2015
I enjoyed working here it was a great work experienced .meeting new people and had great co-workers.i would still be working here but it was seasonal.
Pros
Meeting and bonding with new people.
Great Place to Work!
Warehouse Associates (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 19, 2015
Cargo Largo is the best company I have worked for. Management cares about there employees and makes sure associates get there opinions heard. In fact almost all of the warehouse management team started out as warehouse associates, they promote from within. Plenty of opportunity for advancement. Fun atmosphere!
Pros
Advancement oppurtunities
Cons
Warehouse can get uncomfortable dutring the summer.
Friendly staff and customers
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOApril 14, 2015
I really enjoyed working here, we had friendly staff and customer. I was a cashier and rang up customers and also helped in customer service dept. I did price checks and would stock our area. we had to count out our drawers before and after work to make sure we were correct with the money collection.
Pros
Being able to get first dibs on the merchandise
Cons
really dusty in the store, bad allergies
Great place to work!
Accounting (Current Employee) –  OfficeApril 14, 2015
I am a very lucky person to have found the perfect fit of corporate culture. A company that is here for their employees. One that bends over backwards to accommodate and take care of employees from the newest to the oldest. Great benefits, great pay, casual work environment. This you can see based on the number of long term employees here.

From Managers that hold a BBQ for their staff for opening day of baseball season to all associate meetings with mixer activities and always providing food. Task forces that actually listen and make changes based on employee suggestions.

We work hard while we are here, but everyone strives to make it an enjoyable time while we are here. High expectations equals High results.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cargo Largo. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval