Cargo Largo

Cargo Largo Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work!
Warehouse Associates (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOApril 19, 2015
Pros: Advancement oppurtunities
Cons: Warehouse can get uncomfortable dutring the summer.
Cargo Largo is the best company I have worked for. Management cares about there employees and makes sure associates get there opinions heard. In fact almost all of the warehouse management team started out as warehouse associates, they promote from within. Plenty of opportunity for advancement. Fun atmosphere!
Friendly staff and customers
Team Lead (Former Employee), Independence, MOApril 14, 2015
Pros: Being able to get first dibs on the merchandise
Cons: really dusty in the store, bad allergies
I really enjoyed working here, we had friendly staff and customer. I was a cashier and rang up customers and also helped in customer service dept. I did price checks and would stock our area. we had to count out our drawers before and after work to make sure we were correct with the money collection.
Great place to work!
Accounting (Current Employee), OfficeApril 14, 2015
I am a very lucky person to have found the perfect fit of corporate culture. A company that is here for their employees. One that bends over backwards to accommodate and take care of employees from the newest to the oldest. Great benefits, great pay, casual work environment. This you can see based on the number of long term employees here.

From Managers that hold a BBQ for their staff for opening day of baseball season to all associate meetings with mixer activities and always providing food. Task forces that actually listen and make changes based on employee suggestions.

We work hard while we are here, but everyone strives to make it an enjoyable time while we are here. High expectations equals High results.
Poor management. Poor compensation. Lots of cliques. Plays favorites.
Former Employee (Former Employee), Kansas City, MO WarehouseMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Paycheck every Thursday
Cons: Poor management. Poor compensation. Lots of cliques. Plays favorites.
**DISCLAIMER***
Most of the recent reviews you see here are written by current employees that were obviously coerced into writing them. I know for a fact that the "Overgoods Coordinator" dislikes her job, but is frightened to lose her job due to health problems within her family.

I worked here for many years. At first, this job was fun ... honestly. The management at the time was supportive and interactive, actually caring whether or not you were happy at your job. The pay was never great, although they claim "competitive compensation". I suppose it is true though, the compensation is competitive for fast-food restaurants and low-end staffing services. You will need to work here for more than 5 years to make over $13/hour. Seriously ... $11.25 start with 5 3% annual raises = $13.04. They offer a "catch-up" and "accelerated" raise program which means you can become eligible for 9-month reviews and possibly get to within 5% of the median pay for your pay grade, but the criteria you need to meet to achieve this is nearly impossible. Their review process is subjective rather than objective, although they claim to have "performance metrics", therefore they decide whether you are a "does not meet", "meets", "exceeds", or "far exceeds" employee. You need to be a "far exceeds" to get the accelerated and/or catch-up program. I worked my first 3 years without missing a day, calling in sick, or being late - I received a "meets" on my review for dependability every year. If that isn't "far exceeds", I don't know what is. If you suck up to the right boss or know one of the bosses personally, – more... you may be able to qualify.

The management in this company has seen vast turnover in the past 3 years either by termination, resignation, demotions, self-demotions, or transfers. Most of the managers are inexperienced and lack the knowledge of the job to manage the people doing the job. The management is very cliquey. If you're one of them, you're cool. If not, you can't sit with them at the lunch table, so to speak. The owner is also quite childish, in my opinion. In a recent event I heard of through a friend/current employee, the owner did not allow this particular employee to extend his two-weeks notice (he had asked to push his quit date back by a month due to his new employer pushing his start date back) because, "He's not doing us any favors by looking for another job, so we're not going to do him any favors either." Well within his rights as an employer to make such a decision, but very childish and simply not good for business. The department the employee is leaving has seen 2 other employees (combined 20 years experience) leave the company in the last 2 months, leaving the area in disarray and utter lack of knowledge/experience.

The growth potential is present, assuming all that you are looking for is a title and more responsibility. There is little money to go along with the title and responsibility.

Temporary associates run rampant throughout the warehouse, mostly unchecked. About a year ago, one temp was caught selling another temp marijuana in the warehouse. When the lockers were checked, one of the temps had a loaded glock .40 with no permit to carry. Loss prevention put a sign on the outside of the building, so that should stop the problem :/

The work is easy. In fact, it is mind-numbingly boring. The hardest part of the job. is not having a look of stuper on your face as your supervisor or boss says something ridiculous. If you do show a sign of disagreement or actually speak up, you will be docked on your review for having a "negative attitude" or they might just fire you on the spot.

On the positive side of things; the paychecks come weekly and I never had one of them bounce. – less
great work environment, lots of room for advancing
Product Evaluator (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: great coworkers, employee appreciation
Cons: a little warm in summer, kinda dirty.
Currently in my 10th year at Cargo Largo. Started out as a high school student working part time and have advanced through three other positions before settling in at the warehouse. The flexible schedule working the retail side of Cargo Largo was great while going to school and taking college credits after graduating. No super late hours like other retailers. The fixed hours I currently have working at the warehouse are also great , no weekends and I get off early afternoons and still have time to enjoy the day. My coworkers are amazing and the job I do is easy and even fun getting to see all the new freight that comes through. The warehouse can be a bit dirty sometimes (as I imagine most can) and it does not have a/c but there are break rooms with a/c and the warehouse is well ventilated with some huge fans to help keep the temps down. There are heaters but it can be a bit chilly at times during the middle of winter, nothing intolerable.

The company does a great job of keeping employees informed of progress each month and even has some employee appreciation lunches for us. The supervisors are always helpful and polite and they try to be as available as possible for anything. I wouldn't stay with a company as long as I have if I didn't genuinely enjoy what I do or who I work with.
Fun place to work where associates opinions matter
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Independence, MOFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: open and friendly work environment
Cons: never really had a bad experience while employed there
Fun place to work where management works side by side with associates involving associates in decision making on a daily basis. As a sales floor associate we had creative autonomy as to where and how merchandise was displayed. Work hours were very flexible and I was able balance personal life with work life. Great co workers who had each others back and would do anything to help each other out.
Fun job...learned a lot
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: co-workers, really seemed to care, learned a lot
Cons: warehouse (no a/c, little dirty)
Started out at Cargo Largo as a Receiver. Dirty job but knew that going in. Kept busy and had fun while doing it. Team was great to work with.

Had chance to move into Operator position (drive walkie - not as dirty) and took it. Job had me all over the facility. Learned how to use RF gun. Loved this job.

Company improved a lot while I was there. Seemed to really care, which I don't have at current job. Would still be there if didn't move.
Fun atmosphere where positivity is part of our culture every day and employees are valued!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Independence, MOFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: friendly and positive atmosphere! excellent pay and benefits! wonderful coworkers!
Cons: there aren't any in my experience!
I have found Cargo Largo to be a wonderful experience. I enjoy going to work everyday. Cargo Largo is very unique, because employees truly are valued. I have never worked for another employer that treats their employees as well as Cargo Largo does. Employees are recognized and rewarded for their success. The managers are very caring and always encourage team work. Positivity is such a huge aspect of the Cargo Largo culture, which is rare in today's workforce. If you are looking for a place where you will enjoy coming to work everyday, a fun and positive place where everyone works together as a team and where you will receive excellent pay and benefits, then look no further than Cargo Largo! I love my career with Cargo Largo and I am very thankful and blessed to be here!
**Benefits - New Ideas Welcome - Be part of a Team at Cargo Largo**
Overgoods Coordinator (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOJanuary 15, 2015
I would like to state that all jobs are what YOU make of it. It is up to you. Here at Cargo Largo you will experience something new and exciting everyday, I guarantee it. No such thing as boring! When you come to work,expect to engage not sit on the sidelines. Also,opportunities are always available for advancement. Fresh new ideas are welcome and encouraged. You will be at times required to work overtime so be prepared. That paycheck will look good !! Benefits are excellent. This year we are getting paid back some of our insurance premiums due to being healthier. WOW, what other company offers that I ask? During my 14 plus years working here I have acquired a knowledge and understanding of how I fit into the bigger picture. I do not just look at that picture I am a working part of it and proudly so. My co-workers are a great bunch of people and are like extended family. Management has always been fair and understanding. Supervision is hands on. They will get out and work right beside you. Note, this is a warehouse environment and you will get dirty. For me personally I love the new challenges that every day brings.
No Boredom, Good Team, Get off early
package sorter (Current Employee), kansas city, moJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: fast-paced work, tons of different product to learn about, very good discount on merchandise.
Cons: cold/hot sometimes, things change a lot so you really have to want to learn new things
I really like that most days I am very involved with the team and really get to participate with lots of decisions that seem to have immediate impact. I have learned about all kinds of products and electronic items that I was never exposed to before. I have also become more steady in using the computer system. The job is mostly fun, it is usually fast paced, there is always something to learn and do. I really like getting to work early and leaving early. Usually off by 3. Coworkers get along well, and it seems like managers really care about me. I have seen many people in similar roles get other positions, and I have gotten 2 raises in less than 2 years. Very cool. The place is a warehouse, so it is cold sometimes and gets hot in the summer. But, there are lots of fans and the managers provide Gatorade for us. They do what they can.
You can have fun at work!!
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Kansas City, MODecember 16, 2014
Pros: employee purchase, team atmosphere, fast pace, working in many areas, ot!!
This is the only job that I can actually say that I have had fun, and be truthful. I was responsible for unloading trucks in receiving and getting the freight into the system, and every day is was something different. The variety of freight coming in helped to break up the day. This along with the pace was the perfect mix of hectic and calm.

I loved being able to go to other areas and earn some extra ca$h working OT!! That was always a nice boost to the paycheck.
Great Place to Work!!
Marker/Pricer/Stocker/Evening Recovery (Former Employee), Independence, MODecember 1, 2014
Cargo Largo is a great place to work! Big enough to provide good benefits, but small enough the company feels like a family. I worked for some awesome managers here, they really worked with me for the hours I needed so I could be home with my family. They pay surprisingly well for retail.
Excellent place to work; you get to exercise your body and mind daily
Package Handler (Current Employee), Kansas CityNovember 17, 2014
Pros: merit pay program, variety, advancement opportunities
I love the variety that Cargo Largo has to offer. Each day is a little different and exciting. It's definitely not typical line work.
I have held three positions within the company, and love something about each of them. The managers have always welcomed my ideas to better our processes; In fact, they encourage it! Management is very "hands on", and are often working at the station right beside their employees.
The fast paced environment helps keep me physically fit and I also get to exercise my mind on a daily basis.
I like knowing that when I go the extra mile, it doesn't go unnoticed. Every employee is given a review and raise based off their individual performance; not like most companies that I have worked for, where every employee gets the same raise each year.

It is not uncommon to see the Owner of the company walking in the warehouse, talking to employees. Management is understanding when you have family issues going on outside of work. Overall, a family oriented company.
Stable company and great place to work!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Kansas City, MONovember 12, 2014
Pros: community involvement, fair wages, family focused, merit pay program
Cargo Largo is a family owned company built on innovation, creativity and a unique business model. No other place like it!

The owner and management are fair to their team members and encourage new ideas and out-of-the-box thinking. Employees are valued and empowered to do their best every day and their efforts are noticed and rewarded by leadership. The management team are hands on and don't ask their teams to do anything they can't do or haven't done themselves.

I was able to move into an position that I truly love after a 2 years at the company, while still being a resource to others in my old dept. It was an opportunity for me to learn and grow while on the job.

The review process is based on performance and not just an across the company raise. Through hard work, dependability and a positive attitude you can receive your increase in nine months instead of every twelve. That makes me want to work as hard as I can so I benefit in the long run.

I can't imagine working any place else and, like many others before me, I plan to retire from Cargo Largo.
Fun environment although dirty, family oriented environment
Quality Control Manager (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOApril 2, 2014
Pros: two 15 min. breaks, and 30 min lunch, fun team environment with some room for advancement
Cons: dirty with evidence of rodents
I miss Cargo Largo! I learned to deliver exceptional customer service and used my attention to detail to develop a Quality Control Position that I managed for over 2 years. I would inspect and audit product for correct inventory entry, quality and consistency. I would develop reports for management to review associate performance. There were some double standards due to the fact that some teams got bonuses and recognition and others did not, however they always had monthly meetings that made you feel like you were part of the team. Management didn't take ideas into much consideration, and they could not eliminate the horrible rodent problem even after relocating to a warehouse instead of a cave. They had such a variety of products in 43 commodities which offered an array of challenges for my position, which I found exciting. Often times, I would go above and beyond without being noticed for doing so, but with only 25 cent annual raises and no incentives offered to my position, I moved on to another career. It's a shame they don't hire anybody back even if they left on good terms.
Horrible conditions for humans to work!
Pricing Merchandise (Former Employee), Kansas City MoMarch 22, 2014
Pros: weekly pay!
Cons: everything else!
I priced merchandise for Cargo Largo. I found the closest merchandise online to match and compare with Cargo Largo's merchandise. After locating the item online I would price it half off the online price. When I was not pricing merchandise I was asked to sort merchandise to place on the shelves. The food items had mice jumping out of the Large industrial box after being disturbed. The place was always filthy and the managers attitude was nasty. I really wish I had something good to say about my employment with Cargo Largo but the truth is I would not recommend anyone work at Cargo Largo.
Productive place to work, weekly pay.
Cashier (Former Employee), Independence, MOJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: good breaks
Cargo Largo was a fun place to work at the employees are very welcoming and train you well.
Great, enjoyable work place
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOOctober 3, 2013
Pros: secured, good team sport, good benifits
Cons: one hour lunches
Working at Cargo Largo was a good experience. I learned so much working at that place of employment, i learned how to search the warehouse finding customers lost product also how to get a tracking number for customers merchandise. There was no real hard part about the job, only part that was tricky was dealing with personal documents and having to search and find the company to contact them then try and get the tracking number. The management was wonderful until they lowered our boss to a supervisor and another man took over, he was not friendly at all. He was not somebody you could feel comfortable talking to if having a issue, he only spoke to me one time and that was saying "hello." My co-workers on the other hand were amazing, they were all so friendly everybody got along and were very helpful.
Fun place to work
Cashieer (Former Employee), Independence, MOJuly 16, 2013
Pros: fun people great enviorment
Great for students, I loved the people here and managers, great enviorment and decent hours for students. Also GREAT starting pay
Load and unload
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOMay 14, 2013
Unload box trucks and process freight into computer, load out all material

About Cargo Largo