Carhartt Employee Reviews

Fun places to work.
Cycle Counter (Former Employee) –  Hanson, KYJuly 14, 2017
The place was fun to work at. the managers were laid back. usually worked by my self. everyone i worked with had great work ethic and took rpide in their job.
Not an inspiring company to work for.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INJuly 13, 2017
I found my 2 and 1/2 years working at Carhartt to be a huge disappointment. There is little to no room for advancement. I would not work for them again. The store manager was not helpful to the staff and relied too much on everyone else to do their job for them. Performance reviews were not objective and there was a lot of back stabbing going on. The store manager would often talk about certain staff members behind their backs, causing a lot of unnecessary stress that detracted from the overall goals of the business. Although I still enjoy the companies products and overall in store customer service, I would not work for them in the future.
Pros
Discounts, good products, good associates.
Cons
Terrible store manager, too few customers, too few staff members.
we keep each other laughing
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  South Windsor, CTJune 12, 2017
A lot of time is spent getting to know one another on a more personal level. And even though some are more private than others, we are still able to laugh and get through the work day without much interference.
Pros
discount
Cons
retail shifts can feel like they take forever
ok job for college students
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTMay 31, 2017
not much career advancement. company definitely took a turn for the worse while i worked there. you definitely have to love the product to work there. not like most retail jobs.
Family owned and treats its employee like family
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Gurnee, ILMay 25, 2017
This is an awesome place to work. They treat everyone who works for them like family. Great benefits for full time employees. No other place like it to work for.
Easy job, terrible promotions
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lynnfield, MAMay 11, 2017
The job was very easy and the pay as well was not to bad for retail. I enjoyed the people I worked with but the promotions were nothing special and some people who deserved it never got it. I earned a lot about how retail works and not being the one shopping. Hardest part of the job was decided how to handle an angry customer. Best part of the job was always coming in to everyone smiling and in a good mood.
Pros
Fun people to work with, pay
Cons
barely a promotion, no good hours
Very laid-back environment
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMay 9, 2017
Carhartt has a ton of personality and stays true to their roots. Honest hard work makes for a quality product and a quality company. Table hockey was a big plus too.
Highly recommended
CUSTOMER SERVICE/DATA ENTRY (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMarch 25, 2017
Awesome place to work. They offer great benefits, hours, PAY. Great people to work for and amazing people to work with. The owner is very family friendly. Love this place.
not a terrible place to work
Picked (Former Employee) –  Hanson, KYMarch 19, 2017
If you have problems paying attention, picking isn't the job for you. Boring and hard to focus. It was not the job for me and therefore i din't give it my all
Cons
short breaks
Insurance is very costly 175 bucks a week
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Hanson, KYFebruary 9, 2017
If carhartt wants to grow then they are going to have to replace all of upper management including maintenance they are living in the past. Technology is here and to stay and with it a decent wage/benefits package is needed desperately. Millions spent on new line and it hasn't ran nothing in a year, and not showing any promise it will in the near future. The maintenance manager,and supervisor has no clue on how to run the department. I've been here 11 years and if corporate doesn't step on soon im afraid it will be deframetral to the Hanson Carhartt facilities. When is this company's eyes going to open and see the issues here. I hope before it's not to late.
Pros
All kinds of PTO time and holidays
Cons
Can't afford to take time off because pay is terrible
5-Star
Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hanson, KYFebruary 4, 2017
I enjoy working at Carhartt. The pace is fast, the work is good, and the pay is acceptable. There are no clear opportunities for advancement and you find people with master's degrees doing lower level work. Hopefully this will be addressed soon as there is a new committee in the works to help investigate this issue. Many of the people I talk to have been with Carhartt for more than 20 years. I hope to become one of them.
Pros
Pay, people
Cons
Opps for advancement unclear, people
Stable work environment, iconic company, great benefits
Accounts Receivable Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJanuary 16, 2017
I've worked for Carhartt for 7 years and would not have left if my family hadn't made a move out of the area. This company tried to allow a good work/home life balance and they offer a great benefit package with added programs to promote healthy living (Vitality). My management team was very encouraging and worked to promote gaining additional skills opportunities for the team.
My coworkers are great and really helped me get through any 'bad' days that I was having - not that there were many thankfully.

I definitely recommend working with Carhartt!
Pros
Benefits, work hours, location
Worst company I have ever worked for.
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Hanson, KYJanuary 3, 2017
The management has no idea what they are doing. The supervisors set each other up and argue like children. There is no training or guidance. Lowest salary highest insurance premium I have ever had. If you like being lied too threaten to fired under paid and extremely high insurance cost this company is for you.
Pros
If your kin to the upper management you get high pay and can do whatever you want.
Cons
Everything!!!
not the best place t work
Sewing Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Camden, TNDecember 7, 2016
i really liked it till they started sending jobs away and they didnt give me std or my time off for have my son so i had to move
Headquarters good - retail challenging
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  USANovember 30, 2016
The corporate culture with Carhartt was good, but the leadership of the Retail division was risk averse, and slow to modernize it's work methods and behaviors.
Innovation and proactive work tended to be pushed down by leaders that are prone to micro management.
Low paid and overworked
Technical Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Hanson, KYNovember 29, 2016
The things in this job description are a lie, you don't do anything with PLC because it's contracted out, which makes it hard to troubleshoot anything. You can't even look at the logic. Says you use software to diagnose problems which is also not true. They expect you to work on everything like automation systems and robotics but don't want to pay you like they should. Work just about every weekend 6 and 7 days a week. The manager of the maintenance department is probably the worst manager I've ever worked for. The insurance is terrible and really expensive. They guys that work days are in a clique and if you work any other shift they don't show any respect to you. The lead men on every shift are not fit to lead. They threaten to write people up everytime you make a mistake. The raise system is not very good. It takes years to make any decent money. It's a revolving door of maintenance guys quitting and hiring new. It has the potential to be a great place to work but it needs alot of changes.
Pros
Several good people to work with
Cons
Department manager, just about everything
A very good place to work.
production /forktruck driver (Former Employee) –  hasnson,kyNovember 14, 2016
I enjoyed the people and management I worked with.I had the opportunity to learn different jobs.I really enjoyed driving the fork truck.I also made many great people.
Pros
Great job
Cons
horrible union at the time
Great family orientated company.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MINovember 7, 2016
At Carhartt I learned about various computer systems such as SAP and Accelerator. Co-workers and management were very joyful great to work with. The most enjoyable part of this job was again helping people.
badjob waste of a year
Picker / Packer (Former Employee) –  Hanson, KYOctober 29, 2016
This place took a year of my life ill never get back.Nothing but drama here pays bad for most lays off every year some love it i hated it
Pros
Cons
everything
Too much drama
Issuing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Irvine, KYOctober 16, 2016
There was too much drama there, worse than middle school. And i honestly dont think management valued the employees like they should, and no appreciation was hardly ever given for doing a good job, or going the extra mile, and doing more than was called for.
Pros
decent pay for close to home
Cons
drama, no gratitude

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carhartt. Our community is ready to answer.