Carhartt Employee Reviews in United States

Really nice friendly people who WORK out there
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  KentuckyAugust 11, 2016
Was hired as a temp to hire told mon-Fri . Get there to only find out would work Saturday's and probably Sundays and OT daily.which would've been ok. But the slap in face was told no chance of being hired on permanent for that position due to its gonna be taken over by machines soon. Alot of unnecessary snappy attitude from a super when was asked about the Saturday's bc I was told several times it was strictly mon-Fri .i have other priorities on weekends to take of and was told to leave right then if I couldn't do Saturdays.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Short lunches. .Can't smoke on break unless u are a e cig smoker..
Great environment
Administrative Assistant/ Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIAugust 11, 2016
Good old boy network , employees are not promoted on their merit but instead on who they are friendly with. Mangers ill trained. Employees are given assignments with little or no training.
Good training
Retail Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIAugust 2, 2016
Training and development was really good. The staff and management were nice as well. Very helpful.
Good company
Seasonal Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Hanson, KYJuly 26, 2016
Carhartt Inc. was, as a company, very good to work for. However, the position that I was placed in, Picker, Was just not for me.
Enjoyable rewarding job
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 6, 2016
During my time at Carhartt, I have made friends with coworkers and customers. Enjoyed being part of a fantastic team. We had very proficient management. We made a difference everyday making sure that our customers got exactly what they needed to get their job done.
Pros
Food, Bonuses, Discounts, Prizes, sales.
Cons
Hard to make a move into management.
Great people and the best company to work for.
Human Resource Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Madisonville, KYMay 24, 2016
I love working at Carhartt. It is such a family oriented company and I am very lucky to have the opportunity to be a part of such a wonderful company. I have learned so much by being a member of the Carhartt family. I have learned a lot about production, team skills and now the HR role. The people in this company are very compassionate and all around just great co workers.
Was not impressed
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Camden, TNMarch 12, 2016
Inspection was under production and shouldn't have been under production, it should have been under a different set of rule to be effective
Pros
Cons
Difficult to do
amazing company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIFebruary 25, 2016
This is the perfect job for people looking to learn and grow in a great environment. At Carhartt, they care for their employees as much as they do their customers.
Pros
long lunch breaks.
Cons
sitting for most of the day
Fast paced job
Seasonal Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Hanson, KYJanuary 15, 2016
I enjoyed staying on my feet and keeping busy. I did not like working third shift or the pay. My coworkers were friendly and fun. The hardest part of the job was getting my rate to 100%. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Pay, Shift
fun work place, day went by quick
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Williston, VTJanuary 8, 2016
I learned a lot at this job. I started off working in the warehouse then got moved up into the office after only 3 weeks and did all the office work and kept everything organized.
Pros
got moved up very quick
Cons
got laid off
Productive and Fun place.
Picker / Packer (Former Employee) –  Hanson, KYJanuary 5, 2016
I would pick online orders, box them and get them ready to be shipped off. Typical work day i would walk around 11 to 12 miles a night. Great coworkers. Management was alright some just had there favorite people.
Pros
Cons
they change your shift to much
Fast Paced Hard work. Pays well
Picker (Former Employee) –  Hanson, KYNovember 2, 2015
the job was physically intensive and extremely fast pace. they pay based on production so there isn't any time for rest. wile the pay is good its hard on your body and you don't have much say in what position you will work from day to day
Pros
good pay
Cons
hard on your body
A typical day at work
WMS Tech (Current Employee) –  Hanson, KYOctober 27, 2015
A day at Carhartt is always changing and there is no way to predict what it is going to be like. The people are pretty easy to work with. It is not what it appears from the outside.
Temp seasonal order picker
picker/wherever they want me (Current Employee) –  hanson, KYSeptember 6, 2015
job title is picker. The job is not. I work mostly in service doing very hard work. Two weeks of training didn't happen because I was sent all over the place. I never know what I'll be doing when I get there everyday. And have no chance of being hired on full time. Terrible place, very unorganized and management is the worst.
Pros
Some good people
Cons
short breaks, bad environment, insufficient training, very hard work, no job security
Great Company Perks
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIApril 1, 2015
Coca Cola is a great company to work for. A typical day at work consist of an steady work flow filled with company perks offered daily. Some days seem longer than others but you work through it.
Pros
Great Pay Rate
Cons
Long Hours
Excellent Workplace Environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 17, 2015
Every employee here is treated like family. My only complaint is that there are no full time opportunities available. Other than that the management is excellent, coworkers are always in a great mood, and the workload is spread evenly throughout all the employees.
Fun job
Temp (Former Employee) –  Hanson, KYJanuary 7, 2015
I liked the people who worked there. they made it a fun place to be. hardest part was being on your feet for so long.
Mandatory daily overtime
Machine Operator/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, KYJanuary 6, 2015
I enjoyed learning a new skill and meeting awesome people and making new friends. However, the mandatory overtime allows for very little personal time.
not a very good place to work
Inspection (Former Employee) –  Camden, TNDecember 11, 2014
Production was unreal in it's expectations.
Every time someone got close to reaching the quantity, they raised it. The possibility of transfer was null and void, I asked to be transfered and was not allowed. You could not put in for another job until you had been there for 2 years.
Pros
every one was friendly
Cons
unrealistic production requirements
not that great
SRT Operator (Current Employee) –  Hanson, KYDecember 3, 2014
Company and union relationship comparable the partnerships only looking for money. Will not treat employees with very much respect.
Pros
pay is good for the area
Cons
poor management, nothing is uniform, a lot of favoritism.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carhartt. Our community is ready to answer.