Carhartt Employee Reviews

Stable work environment, iconic company, great benefits
Accounts Receivable Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJanuary 16, 2017
I've worked for Carhartt for 7 years and would not have left if my family hadn't made a move out of the area. This company tried to allow a good work/home life balance and they offer a great benefit package with added programs to promote healthy living (Vitality). My management team was very encouraging and worked to promote gaining additional skills opportunities for the team.
My coworkers are great and really helped me get through any 'bad' days that I was having - not that there were many thankfully.

I definitely recommend working with Carhartt!
Pros
Benefits, work hours, location
Insurance is very costly 175 bucks a week
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Hanson, KYFebruary 9, 2017
If carhartt wants to grow then they are going to have to replace all of upper management including maintenance they are living in the past. Technology is here and to stay and with it a decent wage/benefits package is needed desperately. Millions spent on new line and it hasn't ran nothing in a year, and not showing any promise it will in the near future. The maintenance manager,and supervisor has no clue on how to run the department. I've been here 11 years and if corporate doesn't step on soon im afraid it will be deframetral to the Hanson Carhartt facilities. When is this company's eyes going to open and see the issues here. I hope before it's not to late.
Pros
All kinds of PTO time and holidays
Cons
Can't afford to take time off because pay is terrible
Worst company I have ever worked for.
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Hanson, KYJanuary 3, 2017
The management has no idea what they are doing. The supervisors set each other up and argue like children. There is no training or guidance. Lowest salary highest insurance premium I have ever had. If you like being lied too threaten to fired under paid and extremely high insurance cost this company is for you.
Pros
If your kin to the upper management you get high pay and can do whatever you want.
Cons
Everything!!!
Low paid and overworked
Technical Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Hanson, KYNovember 29, 2016
The things in this job description are a lie, you don't do anything with PLC because it's contracted out, which makes it hard to troubleshoot anything. You can't even look at the logic. Says you use software to diagnose problems which is also not true. They expect you to work on everything like automation systems and robotics but don't want to pay you like they should. Work just about every weekend 6 and 7 days a week. The manager of the maintenance department is probably the worst manager I've ever worked for. The insurance is terrible and really expensive. They guys that work days are in a clique and if you work any other shift they don't show any respect to you. The lead men on every shift are not fit to lead. They threaten to write people up everytime you make a mistake. The raise system is not very good. It takes years to make any decent money. It's a revolving door of maintenance guys quitting and hiring new. It has the potential to be a great place to work but it needs alot of changes.
Pros
Several good people to work with
Cons
Department manager, just about everything
Headquarters good - retail challenging
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  USANovember 30, 2016
The corporate culture with Carhartt was good, but the leadership of the Retail division was risk averse, and slow to modernize it's work methods and behaviors.
Innovation and proactive work tended to be pushed down by leaders that are prone to micro management.
5-Star
Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hanson, KYFebruary 4, 2017
I enjoy working at Carhartt. The pace is fast, the work is good, and the pay is acceptable. There are no clear opportunities for advancement and you find people with master's degrees doing lower level work. Hopefully this will be addressed soon as there is a new committee in the works to help investigate this issue. Many of the people I talk to have been with Carhartt for more than 20 years. I hope to become one of them.
Pros
Pay, people
Cons
Opps for advancement unclear, people
Great family orientated company.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MINovember 7, 2016
At Carhartt I learned about various computer systems such as SAP and Accelerator. Co-workers and management were very joyful great to work with. The most enjoyable part of this job was again helping people.
Too much drama
Issuing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Irvine, KYOctober 16, 2016
There was too much drama there, worse than middle school. And i honestly dont think management valued the employees like they should, and no appreciation was hardly ever given for doing a good job, or going the extra mile, and doing more than was called for.
Pros
decent pay for close to home
Cons
drama, no gratitude
A very good place to work.
production /forktruck driver (Former Employee) –  hasnson,kyNovember 14, 2016
I enjoyed the people and management I worked with.I had the opportunity to learn different jobs.I really enjoyed driving the fork truck.I also made many great people.
Pros
Great job
Cons
horrible union at the time
Really nice friendly people who WORK out there
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  KentuckyAugust 11, 2016
Was hired as a temp to hire told mon-Fri . Get there to only find out would work Saturday's and probably Sundays and OT daily.which would've been ok. But the slap in face was told no chance of being hired on permanent for that position due to its gonna be taken over by machines soon. Alot of unnecessary snappy attitude from a super when was asked about the Saturday's bc I was told several times it was strictly mon-Fri .i have other priorities on weekends to take of and was told to leave right then if I couldn't do Saturdays.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Short lunches. .Can't smoke on break unless u are a e cig smoker..
Enjoyable rewarding job
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 6, 2016
During my time at Carhartt, I have made friends with coworkers and customers. Enjoyed being part of a fantastic team. We had very proficient management. We made a difference everyday making sure that our customers got exactly what they needed to get their job done.
Pros
Food, Bonuses, Discounts, Prizes, sales.
Cons
Hard to make a move into management.
Good training
Retail Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIAugust 2, 2016
Training and development was really good. The staff and management were nice as well. Very helpful.
Carhartt was an easy place to learn and work.
SEWING OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Camden, TNSeptember 17, 2016
My days at Carhartt were always busy, which is what I like most. From the time you clocked in til the end of the day, there was always something to do. The faster you could sew the more money you would make.
not the best place t work
Sewing Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Camden, TNDecember 7, 2016
i really liked it till they started sending jobs away and they didnt give me std or my time off for have my son so i had to move
badjob waste of a year
Picker / Packer (Former Employee) –  Hanson, KYOctober 29, 2016
This place took a year of my life ill never get back.Nothing but drama here pays bad for most lays off every year some love it i hated it
Pros
Cons
everything
Great environment
Administrative Assistant/ Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIAugust 11, 2016
Good old boy network , employees are not promoted on their merit but instead on who they are friendly with. Mangers ill trained. Employees are given assignments with little or no training.
Great people and the best company to work for.
Human Resource Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Madisonville, KYMay 24, 2016
I love working at Carhartt. It is such a family oriented company and I am very lucky to have the opportunity to be a part of such a wonderful company. I have learned so much by being a member of the Carhartt family. I have learned a lot about production, team skills and now the HR role. The people in this company are very compassionate and all around just great co workers.
Good company
Seasonal Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Hanson, KYJuly 26, 2016
Carhartt Inc. was, as a company, very good to work for. However, the position that I was placed in, Picker, Was just not for me.
Temp seasonal order picker
picker/wherever they want me (Current Employee) –  hanson, KYSeptember 6, 2015
job title is picker. The job is not. I work mostly in service doing very hard work. Two weeks of training didn't happen because I was sent all over the place. I never know what I'll be doing when I get there everyday. And have no chance of being hired on full time. Terrible place, very unorganized and management is the worst.
Pros
Some good people
Cons
short breaks, bad environment, insufficient training, very hard work, no job security
Productive and Fun place.
Picker / Packer (Former Employee) –  Hanson, KYJanuary 5, 2016
I would pick online orders, box them and get them ready to be shipped off. Typical work day i would walk around 11 to 12 miles a night. Great coworkers. Management was alright some just had there favorite people.
Pros
Cons
they change your shift to much

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carhartt. Our community is ready to answer.