Carhartt

Carhartt Employer Reviews

not a very good place to work
Inspection (Former Employee), Camden, TNDecember 11, 2014
Pros: every one was friendly
Cons: unrealistic production requirements
Production was unreal in it's expectations.
Every time someone got close to reaching the quantity, they raised it. The possibility of transfer was null and void, I asked to be transfered and was not allowed. You could not put in for another job until you had been there for 2 years.
not that great
SRT Operator (Current Employee), Hanson, KYDecember 3, 2014
Pros: pay is good for the area
Cons: poor management, nothing is uniform, a lot of favoritism.
Company and union relationship comparable the partnerships only looking for money. Will not treat employees with very much respect.
Production work
Seamstress (Current Employee), Irvine, KYSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: you have the opportunity to make as much money as you want
Cons: pay fluctuates, you could be on minimum wage one week and not the next
Pay is based on the output production of what you produce. If you have a bad day/week on your machine, your pay will not be the best.
Great Secure Company
Quality Education Specialist (Current Employee), MexicoJuly 11, 2014
Great place to work. Leading company in the market, secure and reliable.
Its a sewing factory
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Edmonton, KYJune 19, 2014
Threading of machines and sewing. Most of the co-workers are friendly and easy going....
Amazing company
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Woodbridge, VAJune 5, 2014
Pros: fun, exciting, high morale work enviroment
Cons: money, not enough room for growth
An absolute amazing company to be apart of! Co-workers are incredible, this organization cares about their employees and has built a brand that has stayed strong for 125 years.
Great job for the area
Temp - WAVE Office (Former Employee), Hanson, KYFebruary 6, 2014
Half union and half company environment. Many nice people at this location. Very helpful in getting accustomed to the job.
nice clean break rooms and bathrooms
Stocker, picker, Special handler (Former Employee), Hanson, KYDecember 4, 2013
If you were on time and worked hard it was a nice place to work. It was a production job that was unstable so you never knew what your pay was going to be on a daily basis.
Five Star Job!!!!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Melville, NYNovember 18, 2013
Working for Carhartt is an amazing experience. You work with amazing people in an amazing environment if you ever get the chance to work for the company in anyway trust me you won't regret it.
Temporary HR administrative assistant
Temporary Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIOctober 3, 2013
Answered phones, filed documents, organized health insurance records
Good place to work for
Sewing Machine Operator (Current Employee), Edmonton, KYAugust 12, 2013
Pros: the people that i work with.
Cons: driving distance
Good factory to work for, but there is a lot of issues with machine trouble. Very heavy material to sew. I get along good with management and my co-workers.
Productive and fun workplace
Accounting Clerk II/Cash Application (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIApril 2, 2013
Very comfortable environment, friendly co-workers, helpful supervisors. Very flexible with schedule.
Family First, In-house agency
Jr. Producer (Current Employee), Dearborn, MIDecember 27, 2012
Pros: so much schwag!, great environment
My short contract with Carhartt was a rich experience that never dulled. Co-workers where energetic and fun, and high-superiors never sought to be viewed any differently than the lower ranking staff.

The easiest thing to notice about Carhartt is how 'into' the brand it's employees are. Everyone who works there loves their product, what the brand stands – more... for, etc. Coming from a full-service agency background where more people have energy to complain about clients than actually be productive for them, the environment at Carhartt was something I had never experienced and would never take for granted. – less
Very hard Job
Picker (Former Employee), Hanson, KYJuly 18, 2012
Pros: people
Cons: walking all over the plant
I was a picker and if you got good tickets you could make good money. Mostly the tickets were decent. You just had to run all over the plant to pick clothes and hats. The people were the most enjoyable part of the job.
I worked here for seven years. It was agreat company to work for
Lead operator on beltloop line. (Former Employee), Sebree, KYFebruary 23, 2012
it was a good place to work. A great balance for work and family life.
Very productive place to work at a fast rate.
special handler (Current Employee), hanson kyJanuary 21, 2012
Overall i think that Carhartt is a wonderful place to work. I get along with all my coworkers and enjoy working there. I am currently on 3rd shift and not very fond of it. I am 23 years old and have 3 kids. I am looking for a day shift job so i can be home during the nights.
Productive and fun place
Team Leader (Former Employee), Madrid, MDNovember 29, 2013
Pros: free lunches and good team
Cons: there are no promotions
Normally they used to get boxes with clothes, we had to label it, alarm and then to place it.We were always busy and we all worked very well and as a team. It was a great experience to work with them because I learned many of them.
best place to work
sales associate (Former Employee), moaNovember 2, 2013
Loved it! Always fun helping customers. Helped customers from the second they stepped into the store until they were satisfied and leaving. I would have cleaning and folding to do during dead times. I loved working for a smaller company.
Fun workplace
Retail Shop Assistant (Former Employee), Lille,FranceJuly 11, 2013
It's a really good workplace withh nice people and the company's culture is extroardinary.
AGRADABLE AMBIENTE LABORAL, Y SOBRE TODO MUCHO RESPETO DE LOS GERENTES Y SUPERVISORES
OPERARIO DE PRODUCCION (Former Employee), Durango, DURNovember 26, 2014
Pros: prestaciones superiores a las de ley, estabilidad
Cons: no concidero ninguna contra
UN DIA LLEGANDO SE HACIAN EJERCICIOS PARA CALENTAR EL CUERPO Y PODER TRABAJAR A BUEN RITMO Y DESPUES DE ESO SE NOS ASIGNABA CIERTO TRABAJO EN ESPECIAL COMO FOLEADOR (PONER FOLIOS A LAS PIEZAS PARA SU ENSAMBLAJE) EN ALGUNAS OCACIONES SE ME PEDIA QUE LES DIERA ENTRENAMIENTO A LOS NUEVOS, QUE REPARARA PIEZAS DAÑADAS APRENDI A SER RAPIDO RESPONSABLE Y TENER – more... LIDERAZGO. LAS PERSONAS QUE ERAN COMPAÑEROS TRABAJABAN BIEN Y ME PUDE GANAR EL RESPETO DE TODOS EN REALIDAD NO CREO QUE HAYA HABIDO ALGO DIFICIL DESARROLLE GUSTO POR MI TRABAJO – less

About Carhartt

Real workers don't leave home without first donning their Carhartts. The clothing maker produces rugged overalls, flame-resistant – Read more