Carhop Employee Reviews

Ok workplace
Trainer (Former Employee), Shawnee, OklahomaAugust 27, 2015
Pros: tips
At this job your daily chores include: Running register, greeting customers, bagging food orders, handling change, & delivering food to your customers.
Active Job on Rollerblades
CREWMEMBER (Former Employee), Brownsville TexasAugust 22, 2015
Pros: Customer provided tips
Cons: no room for growth
My Experience working as a carhop was a blast!
I made the best of it by staying on task and providing excellent customer service.
The workplace was fastpaced and always kept you moving
Waiter (Former Employee), Ashland, VAAugust 16, 2015
Pros: short shifts. fast paced.
Cons: always understaffed. no pay raise to become a manager.
The days were not very hard, you would skate most the day and take them off and run around. There is room for advancement only if you are ok with a lot more responsibility and no raise. The hardest part of the job is the customers. But at the same time it is also the most enjoyable Part as well.
Sonic is a different place of business
carhop at Sonic Drive in (Former Employee), Jackson, MSAugust 10, 2015
I started working at Sonic in high school because i needed money to pay for extra curricular activities. I actually grew to like the job although it was extremely fast paced. I also had to learn to skate and bring food to customers so that took a while. But i eventually got better. The food was always good, I know from experience. I ate there every day that i was at work.
very fun
Sonic Drive In (Former Employee), Greenfield, WIAugust 5, 2015
Typical summer day will be very busy. Fun part was rolling around on skates. Great tips. Great management who doesn't put themselves above the team. Food discounted and free drinks while working.
Horrible
Cook (Former Employee), henrietta, txAugust 4, 2015
Pros: No plus, whatsoever
Cons: Too many to list
Horrible experience working as carhop at this specific store. Nuff said. I had little hours, pay, etc. I suppose the only up side is that I could work mininum wage + tips, vs waiter wage + tips. The reason being it was a small hick town w/ barely any business ran by druggies.
No Review
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Rockford, ILJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Good hourly pay
Cons: Lack of communication
I learned that sales is very complicated, I have not had a manager since the end of January. Goals are hard to achieve, the most enjoyable part of my job is the people I meet, the hardest part of my job is the expectations.
carhop with fast pace food delivery on skates
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Vidor TXJuly 27, 2015
at least 8 hour shifts
can operate a 10-key calculator
counted deposits up to $3000
managed up to 8 people at a time
can close and open
Fun workplace
Waitress (Former Employee), 8733 pulaski hwyJuly 24, 2015
Pros: discounts on food, skating
Cons: feet would hurt, could only take skates off on break, could not sit down
served customers by taking their orders, bringing out their order to their car
how to balance being my own cashier , being quick with money
Pleasant managers
Co-workers were very energetic and fun to be around
Hardest part was skating and having to step off a curb while carrying a tray of food/drinks
enjoyable part was getting tips for doing a good job you would get tips every night
good company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Semmes, ALJuly 21, 2015
enjoyed my time at Sonic learned alot that helped me in future jobs. I didnt feel like my manager rotated shifts like he should have though.
n/a
sonic (Former Employee), Port Arthur, TXJuly 13, 2015
really didnt enjoy working for this company at all, lack of hours, boss was real rude and grumpy and never had a set work sch. wouldnt work back here
delivering customer orders
(Waitress) - Sonic's (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 7, 2015
A typical day is busy, making sure orders are correct, management was helpful in putting me in different area to learn all aspect of the company. the hardest part was the kitchen,but i love talking to the customers.
Very fun place to work at
General (Former Employee), Silsbee, TXJuly 5, 2015
Very fun place to work at, it improves customer service skills. Only thing lacking is benefits and maybe pay raises for employees who actually do their job and hardly ever call in.
enjoyed this job it was a lot of fun
Customer service (Former Employee), texarkana ARJuly 3, 2015
Pros: eveything was good
Cons: some managers had they days
fun and fast
how to be a good carhop
very good management
fun to work with clean and energetic
it wasn't an hard part
serving my regularly customers
Productive and fun workplace
Manager/Carhop at Sonic Drive-In (Former Employee), Murray, KentuckyJune 26, 2015
I was taught the importance of being kind/friendly and helpful. I was promoted to management. I had a great management team above me. I worked very well with my other employees.
fast paced
Crew Trainer (Former Employee), RepublicJune 24, 2015
Pros: Working with people
Cons: Management
I loved working with people, but again, Management lacked organization and communication skills. I am very detailed oriented, so to see my leaders with lack of detail and management, throws me off. It makes it hard to work.
I was very good at being a carhop. I had very good over all customer service ratings, and great reviews from secret shops.
Great first job.
Cashier (Former Employee), Columbus, GAJune 23, 2015
You learn how to work with customers and how to work in a team at a semi-fast pace. You learn how to be responsible in some ways. the hardest part of the job is the pay.
This How We Sonic
Crew (Current Employee), Kenner, LAJune 20, 2015
Pros: Fun environment. Helping costumers
Cons: Bad Management, emplyees not valued
I loved going to work because I enjoy putting a smile on my customers' faces. The only think I felt I could live without was the crew itself. Yes, we had our fun, joke-able moments, but when it came to doing our job, everyone was very counterproductive. Plus it seemed that Management skipped very important details in their job description and rather did things according to their beliefs which hindered the job overall.
Need advancement!
Sonic Drive In (Former Employee), Bastrop, TXMay 21, 2015
Pros: Free fried chicken!
Cons: Lack of advancement
I resigned to focus on finding a job that is closer to home and will use my skills and experience in a different capacity. There is a lack of advancement here.
Sonic CarHop
Carhop (Former Employee), Conway, ArMay 12, 2015
I really liked working for Sonic. It was a fun atmosphere and fast paced. The tips were great, however I wish more people knew to tip at Sonic; with that being said I wish they didn't reduce pay because of the tips we do get.