Caribou Coffee | Caribou Coffee and Einstein Noah Restaurant Group

Caribou Coffee | Caribou Coffee and Einstein Noah Restaurant Group Employee Reviews

They are killine these brands
HR Executive (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 24, 2017
Caribou Coffee is no longer a warm inviting and friendly brand.
Greed is guiding decisions.
Caribou will eventually get killed by Starbucks; Caribou employees no longer love the brand. Too much work and not a competitive pay.
Pros
work live balance
Cons
A brand that will die
Work
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Red Wing, MNJune 19, 2017
Caribou is a horrible place to work. Over worked and under paid. I have worked at Caribou for over three years , and team members just starting out make more than me
Not focused on employees at store level
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNMay 4, 2017
Management (especially at the District Manager level) leaves a lot to be desired. The culture is very corporate and stressful. You feel like a number, not a valued employee. Ethical complaints are dismissed, even by the ethics hotline and HR. The most enjoyable part of the job was coworkers and customers.
Friendly job
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis Park, MNApril 28, 2017
Very fast paced environment. Taking orders for drinks on a daily basis and making drinks to order. Overall atmosphere can be a little chaotic but rewarding. Employees are very friendly and it's laid back when outside of morning or lunchtime rush.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Scheduling
You can be yourself and you get to meet some cool people
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 24, 2017
The store has changed a lot because of the new manager she is very demanding and the team has lost many great people because of the way she treats them she can be very rude and have an attitude causing the team to just be done and so many old team members have left because of her and its sad the store has changed so much and although the new people are great she came in and just changed everything she ignores other opinions and goes what she feels is riht even though shes new
Pros
one free coffee, goes by fast
Cons
no breaks, NEW manager can say things that really tick you off and it's her way or no way
Enjoyed my experience at Caribou
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 24, 2017
A day at the coffee shop is busy and fast paced at times. Your constantly learning something new because there is always a new product. The atmosphere there was always comfortable and inviting.
Good culture, fun people.
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 24, 2017
Caribou has core values that it stands by. The people are passionate and fun. The product quality is outstanding. The work load is demanding and time off a premium.
Pros
Great benefits, free drinks.
Cons
Long days.
Caribou
Barista, speedy customer service (Former Employee) –  Anoka, MNOctober 31, 2013
Working at Caribou Coffee was the best experience that I could have asked for. It was structured where everybody had a job, but everybody also had the job of helping others if they needed it. The family atmosphere was incredible. The customers meant everything to this company, day after day the same people would come back, I love interacting with the costumers.
fun work at a coffee shop, meeting new people, making people smile
Team Member, Barista (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WisconsinOctober 30, 2013
Arriving at work entailed either setting up in the morning or taking over from previous shift, cleaning, brewing coffee/making drinks, serving customers, keeping orders in order, collecting proper amount of payment, always polite and happy.
It gave the chance to think quickly, work hard, anticipate needs, learn about coffee (roasting, growing, taste) and speak with a smile.
Management sought to teach everything, from coffee tasting to proper restocking of items needed behind the counter. It was always encouraging, truthful and willing to help when needed. Management desired to have the best employees and therefore required the best work.
Coworkers were supportive, friendly and hard working. They also sought to make every customer feel welcome.
Best part of the job was meeting new people, learning names, making them smile and laugh or listening on a hard day.
Most difficult part of the job was watching someone walk away with everything ordered and great service but still having a bad day.
Pros
free drinks, discounts on product, clean environment
Cons
open every day except Christmas and New Year's
Amazing coffee, fun people, great company!
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Englewood/Westminster, COOctober 17, 2013
• I was acting manager on duty when the Store Manager was not present.
• I was responsible for the money in the safe during my shifts, and would prepare bank deposits and change orders.
• I performed the inventory count on all products including merchandise, beverage ingredients, bakery items and paper/plastic ware.
• I helped maintain the appearance of the store, including the displays of products (my early exposure to merchandising, before I really understood what it was).
Pros
Good coffee, good people, good hours (if you don't mind mornings)
Cons
N/a
Fun
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 13, 2013
Fun environment. Around people who enjoy coffee and conversation.
You're gonna have a good time
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Burke, VAOctober 12, 2013
Caribou Coffee is one of the most fun places I've ever had the pleasure of working in. A typical day at work is fast-paced and busy, but not unpleasantly so. I've had days where I've worked five hours non-stop on bar with three other people just knocking out drinks like a well choreographed dance. The pace is exhilarating and the stores, to my knowledge, are constructed so as to encourage fast and efficient production. The customer base is warm and friendly, and the staff is just as chummy. I learned a lot about the origins and roasting process of coffee while I was there, also that the community can be a big part of your day at work, and make it super great. Management was on point, very well educated in keeping the store running smoothy but without any additional stressors. Everyone was happy to work for the people in charge.

The hardest part of the job was the pace, at most. I worked in a large location where I was the closing shift supervisor. Keeping track of the guests as well as our closing tasks was difficult, but rewardingly so. I've never had a day of work where I was unduly stressed about my workload or the expectations of the baristas on shift with me.

I have to say the community was the most enjoyable part of the job. A local church group helped us donate hundreds of pounds of coffee to the troops over seas every year, it was an amazing feeling.
Pros
Nice people, lovely location, 1 free drink per shift
Cons
short breaks, too many blended drinks
Productive, Caring, and Good Workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNOctober 12, 2013
Hours may be long, the work may be hard, but overall, the atmosphere is incredible. The company cares about who you are and how you fit in. They will work with you. It's uncommon to find a manager who doesn't want to work with you.

A typical work day can vary depending on the coffee shop you work at. At some shops, you work from the moment you're through the door to the moment you leave. At others, it's very relaxed. It all depends on the traffic of the work place.

Most importantly, Caribou Coffee cares about it's customers. That is their number one important thing and if you cannot deliver consistent customer service, then you shouldn't work there.
Pros
Great Benefits, Great Hours, Great Teams
Cons
Minimum Wage
a fun viberant work place
Shift supervisor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 24, 2013
caribou coffee was an awesome job and has shown me that with dependability and hard work is what it takes to be a grate asset as well as a grate supervisor
Pros
exellent place to work and a awesome crew
Cons
Great job, great crew, great guests
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNSeptember 23, 2013
This job is refreshing to go to every day. We get a free shift beverage and all of our customers are regulars. Everybody hangs out outside of work so it's kind of like Cheers or Friends or How I Met Your Mother. I love my manager and his awesome management tactics. He is always smiling, friendly, upbeat, and he leads our team to true greatness!!!! I have made so many friends through this place that it has truly changed my life since moving to Saint Paul.

The hardest part of the job is probably upselling, just because I sometimes feel like I'm forcing options on people when they aren't interested.

The best part of the job is getting to know the guests and my co-workers. We have so much fun!
Pros
Good feedback from management, excellent health standards, fun people, free coffee beans weekly, shift drinks, discounts on food and merch, awesome hours...The list goes on!
Cons
None except we usually have to wear polos. Which I dislike greatly. But who doesn't?
One of the best places to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 22, 2013
I loved working at Caribou Coffee. The staff feels like a family. Everyone is cheerful and upbeat. Management is very fair and accommodating. It's a wonderful company.
Pros
flexible schedule, competent management, free coffee
Cons
minimum wage
Great until they were bought out
ASMIT (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILSeptember 21, 2013
Caribou was a great place to work for about a year. After that they changed. They were bought out and became obsessed with numbers instead of people.
The drama was always heavy at my store. Whether it was two team members who didn't get along, petty gossip... or the store manager ignoring people instead of addressing rumors.
I was bounced around from store to store with no pay increase or promotion. Constantly told that it would "look good".
Now that they will be becoming "Peets" things will only get worse.
Caribou used to care about their staff. They did whatever they could to keep good people employed and keep the loyal customers happy. Within 1 month my former store went from "the community place I love" to "Dear god, don't make me go in there".
Though every job has a sense of drama, intrigue and misinformation Caribou is by far the most dramatic.
A typical shift was 8 hours long with no break because there were only 2 people in the store. Schedules were posted a week in advance and request offs were rarely honored. Many times the tasks all fell on the closing shift instead of being spread out and there was a definite rift between "openers" and "closers".
I do miss my team members and my regular customers. I loved doing my inventory and creating contests. I definitely developed a unique leadership style during my time there and will take everything I learned to my next position.
Pros
Free coffee, Free half pound, "tips", 30% off
Cons
no breaks, drama, poor management, no communication
Busy, interesting, fun place
Barista/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNSeptember 17, 2013
A typical day at Caribou involves taking orders, making coffees and specialized drinks, as well as cleaning. There are many little things that we do as well.

I've learned to make awesome drinks.

Management is a little difficult, just do to favoritism, But the manager does her job.

My coworkers are ok.

There aren't any hard things I can think about.

I just love working with people.
Pros
Free shift drink
Cons
No breaks, slow nights, low pay
Hired, trained, managed, and terminated staff members in a positive manner
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILSeptember 12, 2013
Most stores have closed here in Illinois but at their time here there brand of coffee was excellent and a well oiled machine in terms of management.
Offered a rewarding job in customer service.
Shift Supervisor - Retail Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNSeptember 10, 2013
Provided customer service in a retail environment as a greeter and barista. As a Shift Supervisor, played an active role in overall management of the daily store operations by motivating Team Members to actively upsell and attain corporate sales goals, inventory management, cash verification, and side job delegation to ensure a well run store.

The company really inspired to me to assess what my personal goals and dreams are for my future. I learned that it is not always how much money you are making that makes the job worth it, but rather the values you adopt and fulfillment that you can have through serving others.

The hardest part of the job was that I didn't have the time to climb the ladder. I wasn't making enough money and grew dissatisfied, simply because I could not afford to support my family.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the customers that would come in on a regular basis. I tried to also offer a welcoming smile and cherry spirit for those who visited my store.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Caribou Coffee | Caribou Coffee and Einstein Noah Restaurant Group. Our community is ready to answer.