Caribou Coffee | Caribou Coffee and Einstein Noah Restaurant Group

Caribou Coffee | Caribou Coffee and Einstein Noah Restaurant Group Employee Reviews

fast food and attitude
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 29, 2013
my experience with Wendy's was okay. i didn't have much problems with the staff or work load. i however was asked to resign based on the fact that i lived far and wasn't able to fill a shift for another employee. i just left school and didn't anticipate working on my day off. When i informed them how long it'll be until i can show up they asked that i just not show up for the rest of the week. mind you, i travelled by city bus during my off hours from school.
Loved the staff
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHMay 25, 2013
Everyone hired had pep and was fun to be around (could this be due to the coffee?) It is sad now because the locations in Cincinnati Ohio have been closed down and are now being turned into a Tea shop. We will miss Caribou coffee
Fun and fulfilling workplace
Shift Supervisor/ Barista (Former Employee) –  Barrington, ILMay 24, 2013
As a shift supervisor, I would come in, review the days goals and see who was working. I would make drinks, and if needed on that day, take inventory and submit orders. The store manager worked between two stores, and was only at my stores on Mondays to make the schedule unless other duties caused her to come to my store, so many of the duties were completed by myself (such as the warehouse order) and other shift supervisors. I loved interacting with customers and getting to know them on a personal level.
Pros
The coffee!
Productive and fun workplace with very friendly employees
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 22, 2013
A typical day would be ringing up customers drinks while talking to them until there drink was done. I also washed dishes and took out trash and kept the store looking nice and organized for customers.

I learned how to make good conversation while people waited for their coffee and I also learned how to make some of the drinks. I made really good friends while working for this company.

My co-workers and the manager were really nice and fun to work with.

The most enjoyable part of my job was making the customers happy.
Pros
A free drink every shift and having great customers.
Fun College Job, Advancement Available if Desired
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNMay 21, 2013
This was a great job to have while in college due to flexible hours and supportive management. I did not desire to remain with the company upon my graduation, though I am confident that it would have been possible ot advance with the Company had I so desired it.

The unfortunate aspect of this job was that customers, regardless of how rude, cruel, or disrespectful they were to employees, were favored by management ten times out of ten.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNMay 18, 2013
I absolutely love working for Caribou Coffee. Not only do i find the work rewarding in that I am gaining management experience but I really enjoy the customer oriented work place. The most fun that I have ever had at work.
productive
Barista (Former Employee) –  Shoreview, MNMay 15, 2013
you make coffee. you learn how to make special drinks. the management was average. the co-workers were awesome. hardest part getting the drinks down. the most enjoyable part was staying awake.
Excellent work environment and good team.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILMay 7, 2013
Up until the company was sold and every one who worked there was screwed over, it was in fact my favorite job I've held yet. My manager was kind and funny, and got on the floor to work with us, the team I worked with were all excellent as well. I enjoyed the job whole heartedly and was truly upset to see my job negated.
Pros
30% off all merch and food, and a free shift drink.
Cons
Company no longer exists anywhere outside of Minnesota.
Fun place to work, applied culture and values to everyday work environment.
Shift Supervisor/Barista (Current Employee) –  Hudson, OHApril 26, 2013
Caribou Coffee is a fun place to work and has given me opportunities to advance in the company. A typical day at work is brewing coffee, performing daily cleaning tasks, providing excellent customer service, and maximizing our daily sales of coffees and products. My manager and my co-workers are like my family and are always hard working, kind people. Caribou is all about providing excellent customer service and an experience that feeds the soul. I learned advanced coffee knowledge, supervising skills, and dealing with customer concerns. My favorite part of my job is my regulars who come into my store who share their stories with me and are always excited to see me. The hardest part of my job would have to be supervising co-workers that I knew before I was promoted to shif supervisor. However, with the advice and help from my manager I was able to overcome this obstacle and become a better supervisor. Overall, Caribou has taught me a great deal about coffee, customer service, supervising, and maximizing sales. I would not trade my time there for anything.
Pros
one free driink per shift, half a pound of coffee every week.
Cons
no breaks.
Productive and Great Place to work
Barista and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNApril 18, 2013
Loved the customers, great people to work with also. Love the specialty drinks. Just a great job to have.
Pros
everything.
Cons
don't pay alot.
Na
Barista (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDApril 9, 2013
I Loved coming to work everyday. It was a very laid back fun place to be and everyday was a little challenging which made it all the more interesting.
Pros
na
Cons
na
New owners gutting company
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  WIApril 6, 2013
Recently the company was bought out and drastic changes started happening, with 80 stores and almost 1000 people being let go with only a weeks notice. Before the purchase it was a great place to work for that was about the guests and the people, now its about the $.
Pros
great guests, good product.
Cons
pto is broken, poor employee treatment.
Productive, fast-moving work place
Shift Supervisor and Barista (Current Employee) –  Palatine, ILApril 6, 2013
Caribou Coffee was a wonderful place to work and learn. It was unfortunate that the company had to close so many stores, and I could not continue my advancement there.
Fun atmosphere with great staff
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bristow, VAMarch 28, 2013
Running a coffee shop requires constant cleaning, coffee-brewing and restocking-- plus helping a constant flow of customers. Your main goal is to put a smile on the customer's face with a good attitude and delicious coffee. The fast-pace can be a tad brutal, especially in a smaller store with less employees. However, getting to know your community makes everything worth it.
Pros
relaxed environment (most of the time)
Cons
no set breaks, some shifts run 10 hours long
The Job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Rogers, MNMarch 22, 2013
I would start at 0430, we would open up at 0500. I'd work until about 0900. I was responsible for getting regular coffee set-up and made. I would fill the bakery case with fresh bakery items. I would makes teas if needed. I would make yogurt if needed and oatmeal if needed. I'd be responsible for turning on the menu light out at the drive-thru and unlocking the drive-thru window. I would start taking orders and have the drinks ready by the time the customer pulled up to the window. I learned to handle money better and strengthen my memory skills. The management was alright, I got along with everyone. The job is mostly women, so there was a lot of drama at times, but we got through it as a team. The hardest part of the job was getting up early. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with customers and getting free stuff.
Pros
free half pound coffee every month, free food if it was expired after a day, and free shift drink, flexible hours
Cons
no benefits, minimum wage, early hours
Great Place to work
Barista (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNMarch 18, 2013
I love working at Caribou, and the neighborhood I am in has alot of regular customers that you get to know and that is probably the best part of the job
College job, no upward mobility.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 17, 2013
This company is good to work for if you have a great store manager, which are few and far between. However, due to its size, the company cannot afford to compensate workers competitively and there is very little room for advancement. As a Shift Supervisor training to become a store manager, I was told multiple times to just "keep doing what you're doing" because I was ready to be an assistant manager. However, there were too many budget cuts and no assistant manager positions. The problem is that a Shift cannot become a store manager without being an ASM first, but with no positions available and no leniency to skip this step, it is impossible to become a store manager internally in some regions. Even with qualifications like a management degree and experience that would get you hired if you were an external applicant, the company will not allow this. This leaves employees stuck and frustrated, as the only people who become managers are those hired from outside with no company experience. I even offered to quit, wait six months, and apply as a store manager since I AM qualified, but this was not allowed either. I left the company frustrated and am now a successful business owner. It's their loss.
Pros
free coffee, flexible schedule, nice atmosphere
Cons
poor pay, difficult to move up, lack of employee appreciation
Fast paced and fun.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 6, 2013
Early morning work days were always fast and enjoyable working for Caribou. With a tight knit crew and a top-notch manager, the store ran smoothly, with nothing that could slow the pace. The store manager was inspiring and fair and my coworkers were closely involved with one another and desired for each other to succeed. Waking up at 4:30 was at first challenging, however became a delightful part of my routine that allowed for me to enjoy the better part of each day after I was through working each shift. The camaraderie with my coworkers was the most enjoyable aspect of working for Caribou.
Great people and a great product
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Naperville,ILMarch 4, 2013
The team work and focus on the product is fantastic. There are hard days but never really a bad one
A lively place to work
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNFebruary 19, 2013
If you liked getting up in the early AM then this was a great job. I learned that people are better when they have their coffee. It was really a great job and loved the people and customers where like family. great company to work for.
Pros
free coffee. great people
Cons
not enough movement/ within the company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Caribou Coffee | Caribou Coffee and Einstein Noah Restaurant Group. Our community is ready to answer.