Caribou Coffee

Caribou Coffee Employer Reviews

Overall good company to work for
Team Member (Current Employee), Westminster, COJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: free shift drink free beans employee discount reward points. connecting with customers
Cons: very little breaks or no breaks at all having to upsell products push on people
I like the flexibility of this company they are usually always willing to work around schedules I like the products of this company we have great coffee I like the team environment high pace the interaction with customers. I like the people I work with the energy. My boss is awesome. Depending on the day if your a greeter you work the front end talk to customers take their payment and order on the register system get their bakery sandwiches and house coffee items check the lobby for trash plates bathrooms etc. Drive thru take orders interact with customers take payment hand out orders. Bar make drinks as order requires to Caribou standards
the most enjoyable part of the job
Shift Leader/Barista/Cashier (Former Employee), atlanta georgiaJanuary 12, 2015
Each and every employee or co worker cared for each other, were always the to help and all worked as one.
Enjoyable community with great team members
Barista (Former Employee), Golden, COJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: free coffee and an enjoyable work community
I would work most closing shifts due to being a full time student. I would work both as a barista and greeter depending on where was most needed throughout the day. I learned time management, working with others, and general flow of working in the food industry. The management was very efficient cared for their employees. I enjoyed all of my co- workers I worked with. Overall I enjoyed the job and was very sad to leave due to moving to California for college.
Always busy working environment
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: free coffee
Cons: no breaks, low pay
A lot of responsibility for very little pay. It is always fast paced and it has its ups and downs. The company expects you to make most of your money with tips but pocket change does not add up. Our store is always short staffed which makes for long wait times and angry guests. The store manager does not award you for good and does not care when you mess things up (being very late, not finishing tasks).
Fun Work place
BARISTA (Former Employee), Beachwood, OHJanuary 1, 2015
Cons: no breaks
It is a very busy environment because making coffee for people on the go, has to be fast-paced. My co-workers were awesome, and they became my life-long friends. The hardest part of the job was learning the seasonal drinks in a short time, but it was very doable and enjoyable.
fun and productive working enviornment
Team Member (Current Employee), Brooklyn Center, MNDecember 30, 2014
I work with a great group of people who want everyone to succeed, not only in your professional life but also your personal life.
amazing place to work
Barista (Former Employee), Faribault, MNDecember 26, 2014
love my job!!!!! and staff!!!
just wish pay was better and more hours.
Very friendly atmosphere with advancement opportunities
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Oakbrook Terrace, ILDecember 23, 2014
Pros: free drink per shift, room for advancement, friendly atmoshpere
Cons: no guaranteed hours or set schedule, relocate too much
A typical work day would include opening the store, serving customers beverages and food items, making sure cleanliness was a huge priority, and creating the best service to our customers. I learned how to work under pressure, problem solve, patience, and leadership skills. I've had the pleasure of working with three different managers in three different stores. Overall, the management was pretty good. My co-workers were ok for the most part. Everyone for displayed a professional attitude in the workplace. The hardest part of my job was learning how to accept help. In most cases, I thought that I could handle a task alone until it got to the point where I knew that I had to accept it and that it was ok to ask for help. The most enjoyable part for me was building a relationship with my customers. I had customers follow me from store to store when I relocated. They were more than just customers after four years of my service to them. They were like family and are now apart of my life today.
A fun and Passionate corner that feels like home
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Maple Grove, MNDecember 18, 2014
Pros: shift drinks, 20% off food and merchandice
Cons: short breaks, healthcare
My time at Caribou Coffee because the crew is full of hardworking people who really care about the customer. I really appreciate how the company goes above and beyond in order to take care of their customers. My favorite part of Caribou was giving customers a place to relax and work in peace.
Great environment and good people
Team Member (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNDecember 16, 2014
It was a great place to work but i needed to make more money so i found a new job.
Productive and fast paced
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNDecember 11, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: low pay, inflexible hours
A typical day at caribou is very fast paced and a fun day. We sing and dance and our customers love us. I have learned to be patient and grow an ability to read people. The hardest part of the job was sadly the pay. for how busy and fast we worked it almost seemed impossible sometimes. I enjoyed my co workers and the fun i had while working. I will never forget about Caribou Coffee.
Provided customer service, and beverage service.
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee), Aurora, CODecember 8, 2014
I hate a great experience working here. Everyone worked well as a team and we had a great time every shift! We enjoyed working together, and had a great customer base.
Great culture and environment
Store Manager (Current Employee), West Des Moines, IANovember 12, 2014
Pros: free drink, tips, free coffee every week
I have been with the company a short time but everyone I have interacted with has been with the company long term, something I was looking for.

Their training program was organized and detailed and the training store manager I worked with was very knowledgeable and helpful even after I took over my store.

Crew and management all get along well and seem to enjoy their jobs!
fun place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee), Westminster, CONovember 8, 2014
loved coming to work everyday. I enjoyed the staff I hired and the managerial peers I worked with. I felt that my immediate supervisor as well as those above her also cared personally about me and my personal goals and performance. I had a fantastic following of guests as well
Love working here
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Coon Rapids, MNNovember 5, 2014
Doing everything that needs to be done to run the store properly & keeping the customers happy.
Nothing stays the same
Vice President of R&D, and others (Former Employee), Brooklyn Center, MNOctober 29, 2014
I spent many years with Caribou, I had many roles and responsibilities. I had a great run with the company. There was never a dull moment - maybe to many priorities - but I was always able to achieve 'the objective'. For the most part, the people were great and committed to the company.
Life at the Caribou
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Richfield, MNOctober 17, 2014
A typical day in the life is coming into work, checking the money is accurate, ensuring product is good to serve and making sure the customers are taken care of all day.
Fast paced and great customers
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Willmar, MNOctober 12, 2014
Management changed a lot. There was a high turnover. Otherwise great products and great customers. You have to be very skilled at multi-tasking.
Fun and Upbeat workplace.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Eagan, MNOctober 11, 2014
Pros: free shift drink, employee discount
Cons: no breaks
Caribou Coffee is a fun place to work. Its is a very friendly and fast paced environment. I gained experience about customer service and interacting with people. I also gained essential skills to be a great leader.Management does it's best to meet your needs.
It's a fun place to work I'm just ready to leave
Shift Leader (Current Employee), Edina, MNOctober 10, 2014
Pros: free shift drink and you get to work in a relaxing environment
Cons: pay is enough for a single person not a married person
I love interacting with customers and fulfilling my duties but it's just the time to look for something that pays more I feel like I'm working too hard for the amount i'm being paid.

1 2 3 4 5

About Caribou Coffee

Here at Caribou Coffee, we believe this to be true: that if passion, hard work and excellence go into an endeavor, the outcome – Read more