Caribou Coffee Employee Reviews

poor management
Cashier (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaMay 23, 2017
Management is very very poor. They allow upper management to walk on hard workers and do not provide support to their team members if their GM is being a bully. The company itself is great, they need to change some things though
Fun job
Server/Barista (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 22, 2017
Caribou Coffee company was a great place to work. It's fun environment and I enjoyed it. As a coffee lover myself it was great to be able to be the one to help provide others with their cup of joy!
Busy work place with difficult management
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 20, 2017
The company enforces you to be genuine with customers but forces you to sell them coffee beans. It takes away the genuine culture that they try to promote.
Great Place
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 19, 2017
Caribou is very great. I've literally only ad two days of training so I don't know what to say and don't know why I have to do this, but totally work for them. They are nice people and the customers are neat.
Good if you're in high school.
Shift Supervisor/Barista (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 18, 2017
I was really excited to start working at Caribou, but I started looking for a new job not even a year later. It could have something to do with the location I was at (inside a high-end grocery store) but overall I just ended up becoming very bitter about having to show up every day to serve overpriced drinks to snobby, entitled people. My guess would be it's at least similar in any other coffee shop. They're trying too hard to be Starbucks, if you want to be a barista go local. You'll hate yourself less.
Amazing Experience
Team Member/Barista (Current Employee) –  Medina, MNMay 17, 2017
I've worked with Caribou for two years now and it has provided me with amazing customer service experience. The environment is very supportive and learning-based. Would 10/10 recommend.
The management and higher up was not able to solve my concerns with the harassment and retaliation.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rosemount, MNMay 12, 2017
I was a shift supervisor and was treated with so much disrespect I ended up getting fired cause I was "late" 2 times. But I believe I was fired because I stood up for myself and called out my manager on her laziness and disrespect towards other employees. I would not recommend working with this company. I called HR regarding a couple instances and they said that she needs more training when she shouldn't be a manager. So, therefore, it got nowhere except me losing my job 2 days after I was late and 1 day before Christmas and co-workers knew about me being fired before I knew because she left the paperwork out in the open where everyone goes.
Pros
Great customers.
Cons
See review.
Not such a great place to work
Barista (Current Employee) –  Mason City, IAMay 12, 2017
A typical day when I worked there was getting there at around 4am to set everything up to open. I would stay till 8am since I was still in high school, then I would usually come back at 4pm till close. It was fine in the beginning, we were a new business so we had high demand, so as a high school student in the first few months we were open I was working 40 hours a week. It was all fine until I asked for time off for my graduation and my manager told me my graduation wasn't important. She doesn't value her employees at all. All she cares about is her business.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
no breaks, poor management
Good
Cashier/Barista (Former Employee) –  Inver Grove Heights, MNMay 5, 2017
I worked there a long time ago, but from what I remember it was a freindly place to work, and management was very supportive of you, especially as many of those that worked their were only there for a year two , then went on to college or another job.
Business Politics
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNApril 23, 2017
I was with Caribou Caribou for 6 years, and was quickly promoted through the ranks for my hard work ethic, creative thinking, and leadership skill. My separation for the company was ugly and extreemly political. I made one mistake in a very sucessful career, and without any previous write-up was separated.

I loved working for Caribou and far I was able to develop my career. I had incredible mentors, and learned a great deal.
Pros
Great Management, Products, and People
Cons
Business Politics, Many Hoops to jump through to get promotions
Great
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Spring Lake Park, MNApril 22, 2017
Caribou Coffee always provides great product knowledge, and training to supervisors and management. They have very high standards for the quality of their product and employees service skills.
Good
Barista (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNApril 18, 2017
This is a fast paced environment to work, and one needs a skill set in multi-tasking, customer service, and prioritizing. One should be ready to work hard.
Super fun and productive workplace
BARISTA (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNApril 11, 2017
You get to learn how to make all these drinks, meet all sorts of people, and make a lot of new friends. The management really with you to teach you everything you need to know. You get to work with all different kinds of people from all different backgrounds. The hardest part sometimes can be the customers when you accidently mess up their drink and they get super mad.
Pros
free shift drink, and breaks
Cons
not enough free coffee
Great down to earth people to work with
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNApril 9, 2017
I normal day involves putting a smile on people's faces. I have learned many great skills at this company. Management takes care of their employees it's a great company to grow with
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Busy
Fast-paced work environment
Cashier/Barista (Former Employee) –  Long Lake, MN 55356April 8, 2017
This was my favorite job that I've had so far. It was a fun job because of the constant motion and the friendly coworkers (and usually friendly customers). However, the management at my store was not very good.
Pros
discounts on products
Cons
no breaks
Fun and real
Store Team Member (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNApril 5, 2017
It's simple it was just a fun Job making coffee and meeting new people constantly making relationships with customers and co-workers you felt like you were doing something right and authentic of course it had its flaws but what Job doesn't
Pros
Free Coffee, New people
Cons
Scheduling and getting days off was really hard
Essentials of a Coffee shop
Coffee Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCApril 3, 2017
It's a great coffee shop to work at even tho it's ok in the DMV area anymore tho was very turn to work at and the customers was awesome 👏🏾 Best job ever

Productive and fun learning environment.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Menomonie, WIMarch 31, 2017
The managers are a toss up, I have had very good ones and very poor ones. Overall the culture of the company is fantastic and employee/customer focused. The products are not only delicious, but Caribou is coming out with new healthier options. The environment is always upbeat and encouraging, and the company promotes new ideas all the time.
Pros
Free drinks, discounts, work environment
Cons
Poor Management
Fun culture when give a good team and decent managment
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNMarch 29, 2017
As a whole the company is not run well. Take huge advantage of it's employees. But when the customers and team is great then you have some great fun days at work. Not a lifetime career, but good job while in school or as a second job. There is a huge gap between the floor and corporate. Pretty sure corporate has never spent a day on the floor, leaving gaps and extreme miscommunication.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
low pay, don't always get breaks
upbeat
Shift lead (Current Employee) –  Clive, IAMarch 27, 2017
This place is very fast moving. I am on the go the whole time I'm there. We have fun with each other and our customer. things get done for the most part in a timely manner.
Pros
we have fun
Cons
no breaks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Caribou Coffee. Our community is ready to answer.