Caribou Coffee Employee Reviews in United States

Great coworkers horrid managment
Barista (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 24, 2015
Hired as a shift lead, was never given it. Promised it for MONTHS, still nothing, empty promises and lots of lies. I cant stand the management at these stores.
Pros
get benifets after 20hrs, free coffee
Cons
No breaks, poor managment
Fast Paced Morning At The Coffee House
Barista (Current Employee) –  St. CloudOctober 13, 2015
Opening the store early has made me acquire a cheery disposition. The team is always supportive because you learn to be supportive of them. The most enjoyable part is what you do for the customer. Having fundraisers to help support the local community is extremely important to the team you work on. The people are easy to get to know. You eventually learn their orders and have it prepared as soon as they walk into the door. Every day brings a greatly diverse set of skills and experience that you need to learn quickly to get the job done quickly and effectively without forgetting the importance of the customer.
Pros
Discounts, Friends outside of work, Ability to speak with managers one on one
Cons
Not easy to connect with customers behind a counter.
Fast Paced Environment
Team Member/Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNOctober 2, 2015
After working at several caribou coffee locations there are many different management styles with in the company and very high turn over with staff. I've learned to handle many different things coming at me at once and how to deal with it as well as customers.
Poor Management
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaOctober 1, 2015
after working there for a year i feel burnt out with nothing new challenging me anymore and a promotion that was supposed to happen months ago just kept getting put off and the turnover rate is unbelievable and i have nothing about high schools students but the don't seem to last long at all with Caribou
Productive Coffee Shop with a growing Clientele
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Onalaska, WISeptember 22, 2015
A typical work day consisted of running orders of business at Caribou. I would make drinks and communicate with customers to build long lasting relationships. The team would need direction in day to day tasks, which i would give. Making sure the team also had good communication between each other and the customers is very important. The hardest part of the job was overworking myself. I would work for ten to twelve hour shifts with no break and a constant rush of customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was creating bonds with the customers.
Fun easy going work place
Crew member (Former Employee) –  New Hope, MNSeptember 20, 2015
I would take orders, and make drinks, and clean up.
I learned a lot of customer service.
Horrible management, couldn't keep a manager.
Some were great, others lazy.
Not getting to state my opinion.
Helping customers.
Fun Workplace
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNSeptember 18, 2015
In the morning it is really busy and in the afternoon towards the end of the day it slowly dies down. The benefits are suitably great and its in a nice location with a lot of windows so you don't feel like your stuck in a box, having the life sucked out of you whenever you walk out after working.
Pros
Free Shift Drink and Team Member Benefits
Cons
Busy Morning Shifts
Great Job
team member (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 18, 2015
Too bad its closed. Had a great time working here. Co-workers were fun. Management at my location needed lots of improvement.
Awesome awesome
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNSeptember 11, 2015
awesome awesome awesome Loved the eniornment and everyone in it. was great exoirence being able to work with something i love to drink every single day.
Life is Short
Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 7, 2015
Great culture and a fantastic place to work and grow! Exciting new development and marketing structures incorporated into the specialty coffee industry. It is a place to nurture your career and learn nuisances of a small company whereas growth is in their future.
fun and great work place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 20, 2015
fun and great management. The people that I got to work with are just the best. Servicing your costumer in a fun and productive way can affect your day in a more positive way. Time goes by so fast working in the company. I think the hardest part of the job is waking up at 03:00 am in the morning, but it's not that bad since you work at the coffee place. I believe the most enjoyable part of the job is working with the best colleagues and tips offcourse.
fun
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  richfild mnAugust 19, 2015
Working at caribou is a fun place to work. The caribou that I work at is in the Best Buy Corp Office so I am around professional people all day long and I know most of them by name and what they drink. I have learned so much just from working there. I get along with most of my co workers they are fun to work with and they all do there part to get the job done.
Local to downtown DC
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 16, 2015
I worked the morning shift opening up the store and setting everything up. I learned a lot about sales worked in terms of revenue.
Pros
Cons
Not a lot of brake time
Upbeat Cafe with Ethics and Quality
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 14, 2015
Caribou Coffee was a fun place to work. Most days I would look forward to working. I enjoyed serving and interacting with customers, preparing quality beverages and food, and doing my part to keep everything running smoothly. My co-workers were great and I still see them often as I enjoy spending time at Caribou drinking coffee and relaxing. The management was positive and encouraging.
Pros
Fun atmosphere, nice customers, good drinks, high quality, health insurance
Cons
No room for advancement, overly strict policies, treat employees as expendable, low wages
great guests, fun environment , fast-paced, variety
Manager (Former Employee) –  MinneapolisAugust 13, 2015
Great Company and benefits
Difficult to find good employees to work for minimum wage
great discounts
the best coffee
difficult to manage the increasing tasks in the time allotted
recently purchased by a new company
Pros
great discounts
Fun workplace
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 12, 2015
A typical day at work is filled with fun regulars as well as great co-workers. At times there is some miscommunication between fellow co-workers. Over all it is a good place to work, but the pay is lacking.
Pros
Free shift drink and employee discount
Cons
Hardly any break time, Pay, benefits
Loved the Environment!
Barista (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 12, 2015
I loved my job at Caribou Coffee Company. However; there was little to no room for promotion.The customers were great, and the whole store was excellent at their jobs!
Pros
The Customers, Making Drinks and Handling Customer Relations.
Cons
Managment, and Constant Employee Exchange
Fun, unique culture, love meeting new people everyday!
Senior Store Manager (Former Employee) –  MinnapolisAugust 6, 2015
It was a great place to work! Over the years a great culture was established. Not too many opportunities to advance unless you are willing to give up your work/life balance. Corporate and the field often didn't align with priorities - pressure to sell was extremely high and if one failed to hit a promotion before the promotion was over, disciplinary actions were taken. This made for a very stressful work environment.
Fast paced Environment
Team Member/Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNAugust 3, 2015
Everyday is essentially the same as a barista. Making drinks, upsetting product and talking with customers along with daily tasks. With caribou I experienced many different managers, some were wonderful others not so much. Typically, co-workers created a good team environment. The hardest part of the job was knowing it would be the same things every day. The most enjoyable part of the job is the fast paced environment.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
low pay
coffee store
Barista/Sales of coffee drinks and beans (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 1, 2015
Active entire time. I learned how to prepare Caribiou Coffee Beverages. The management was terrible. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the variety of personalitites of the coworkers who think immaturity on the job is tolerable bc the management does not set up and enforce good rules.
Pros
cool environment, product
Cons
poor management team, always moving