Carilion Clinic Employee Reviews

This all depends on the Manager you have, no consistency
Revenue cash management specialist - Medicare team (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAOctober 5, 2017
I really believe this is a complicated place to review. Too many departments, aspects of Carilion, and this would be singling out 1 specific area rather than company as a whole.
Business Intelligence Consultant (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VASeptember 22, 2017
Relaxed area, pay is ok for the area. But the management needs to provide better training. Vacay time is great and the people are nice there. Decent pay for the area
Pros
Job stability, great work environment, office in great area
Cons
Career advancement not the best
I retired from Carilion Clinic.
Sterile Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VASeptember 21, 2017
I retired from Carilion Clinic with great satisfaction. I met so many wonderful people and was very good at the job I had. I had great job security at a Clinic that put the patient first.
Coworkers are usually the best part of the job
Clinical Associate (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VASeptember 12, 2017
Carilion can be frustrating. They try to constantly make themselves look like they care and have the happiest employees, but the truth is we are all very small aspects in their factory. Pay is terrible. Raises are terrible. I've seen management target innocent people and destroy them, leaving the rest of us terrified. The person who is supposed to have your back will just throw you under the rug. I've never had a better crew of coworkers in my lifetime though. Maybe that's just a common factor of nurses in general. Though most of the ones I like most decide to become travel nurses for double the pay.
Pros
Pto is awesome. Occasional free food
Cons
Breaks rarely happen. Management. Pay
Very perductuve
Environmental Technician (Current Employee) –  Roanoke vaSeptember 12, 2017
I really enjoy working for cc, been trying to get employed their for a long time, I enjoy the the company because of good benefits and meeting new people
Pros
No one watching your moves, work at your own pace
Cons
Gossiping bout other employees
good place to work
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VASeptember 11, 2017
good place to work if you like to do medical billing but only one piece over and over you dont get to work the whole claim from start to finish, this is the part I didnt like
Pros
good management
Cons
to much training
I don't feel they care about work vs home life.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VASeptember 8, 2017
They don't pay enough and don't care about losing their employees until it's too late. The managers are controlling and try to control things that have nothing to do with work.
good environment at Casb.
Imaging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VASeptember 7, 2017
I enjoyed my job with Carilion. There was no advancement but always work to do and help in other areas. Job was displaced to another company so thats why I no longer work there.
Pros
downtown access
Cons
parking
.Great Learning Experience.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  8 mtn PCUSeptember 1, 2017
I really enjoyed working at Carilion. I learned a lot and grew astronomically as a nurse. The pace is very fast and can be very stressful at times. But that is what happens when you are saving people's lives!! If Carilion would compensate me more fairly I would go back in a heartbeat. But I can make 10-20K more doing other things.
Not a healthy atmosphere!
NP (Former Employee) –  Family practiceAugust 30, 2017
This is a very hostile, stressful, negative, and intoxicating place. Management is horrible and unfair, they have cliques and they'll destroy you if they want to. They'll fabricate erroneous patients' complaints without proof to harass you day after day, and the regional medical and the regional nursing directors will harass you to the point you'll break. You'll be praying for your car to drive over a bridge so you don't have to go to work. So, if you decide to work for this company you have to kiss you know what and let them walk all over you in order to keep your job. Not a healthy atmosphere! Carilion's mission statement most definitely does not line up with their actions!
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
The worse company to work for!
productive
Central Sterile Technician (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAAugust 30, 2017
its like any other job. you have good and bad people to work with/for. the jobs are easy. my manager was ok and the team i worked with were awesome. doubt i will find a better crew.
Pros
management actually cared
Cons
benefits could have been better
A devoted nurse
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAAugust 28, 2017
I started as a nurse at Carilion. I was young and full of energy, working any hours needed. It was fun and I learned something new everyday. I loved the nurses and staff with whom I worked, they were a team and supportive. When Carilion Community closed and we were made to transfer to Roanoke Memorial the atmosphere changed to a more aggressive attitude. I then transferred to home health and eventually a family practice.
Pros
Excellent education programs
Cons
Large amount of new grad hires
Great company and experience
Patient Access Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAAugust 28, 2017
I loved my job at carilion and feel that I could've went a lot further had I had a different manager. When managers only focus on micromanaging and not the success of the company, everyone fails.
Cons
Pay/management
Very busy, not enough staff
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Shawsville, VAAugust 22, 2017
Very understaffed, Salary was not sufficient according to duties, poor management and communication.Facility was in poor condition as far as equipment.
I loved my job and fellow co workers
Carilion Patient Transportation (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAAugust 21, 2017
I loved my job and fellow Co workers but our so called team work was a crock. Certain people were above having to work and clean got away with everything. While others worked thier tails off. Our office manager was so underhanded in the way that she would do things. It was awful. She's gone now. I just wanted to come in and do my j9b.
Pros
Occasionally a free lunch
Cons
Sneaky people, moles watching your every move and teporting back
I did not have enough time to enjoy life because I had to work out of town
Patient Access Financial Represenative (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAAugust 4, 2017
I did not enjoy my time at Carilion. The management in my department was very unfriendly to the staff. I also had to travel a great distance to work. D+
Poor morale
Department Secretary (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJuly 30, 2017
Staff morale low. Work guidelines overally strict. Factory mentality. The benefits are better than most employers in Roanoke. Worked in an outdated building.
Do not apply or work for this company
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJuly 27, 2017
This is the worst company in Roanoke to work for. They lie and manipulate just to get you in the door. Training is horrible and hr is a joke!!! I would rather work in fast food than at this corrupt organization. Stay clear!!
Pros
Cons
Everything!
Great company
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJuly 26, 2017
I would highly recommend anyone to work for Carilion Clinic. They have great benefits and great managers (for the most part). Great PTO benefits and great insurance!
Pros
Excellent Company to work for!
Good people
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJuly 24, 2017
good people to work with not good a paying employees what they deserve dont get raises or bonuses like they should being as big as a company as they are

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carilion Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9