Carillon Assisted Living

Carillon Assisted Living Employer Reviews

Resident Care
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee), Salisbury, NCOctober 22, 2014
Working here was very challenging, however the residents were amazing. They became easy to get attached too.
sucky
Cook (Former Employee), Monroe, NCSeptember 3, 2014
they are rude to employees exspeically when they get sick because of there cleaness
I stay for the resident
Supervisor (Current Employee), Newton, NCAugust 6, 2014
I only stay to give my residents a voice. It use to be a great place to work but management change hands and its going down hill.
Efficient and great working environment
PCA (Current Employee), Mooresville, NCMay 25, 2014
Love working here. Go into work every night excited, because I never know what's going to happen with the residents. Work with Alzheimer's and Dementia patients is a hard job, but very rewarding. The management and other staff members are great team members, they genuinely care about the residents. Great working environment, no hostility towards anyone at any time.
It is a great place to work when you are an student in high school.
PCA- Personal Care Assisted (Former Employee), Monroe, NCApril 30, 2014
Pros: love working with people of older age, and family feel you get.
Cons: just dont pay enough.
I really enjoyed this job because I love working with the residents. I think the pay was to low because you had a lot to do, but the job it self was ok. I would have loved it more if we had people working to together instead against. The hardest part was lifting the residents from the bed into wheel chair and than into the shower are tub. The place was new and I still think they was trying to do the best job, but had along way to go.
I will not give any person advice to go work for this company.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCFebruary 25, 2014
The residents was wonderful to work with but the company has poor management, they are unprofessional and disorganized. This facility is in Fayetteville NC, 1164 71st school road. The human resource does not communicate with residents and they over charge the elderly. The company is a rip off and I would advice all to keep their family member away from that company.
I enjoyed the people I worked with and the patients, but later management changed and not the good.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Knightdale, NCFebruary 14, 2014
Unethical Leadership, Patients and Employees are not a priority
Director (Former Employee), Durham, NCFebruary 1, 2014
Cons: extremely unethical leadership, poor quality of care for residents, low census, low wages for care staff
This company disgusts me on multiple levels. Recently they fired a Marketing Director who had been with the company for two years because she had to have surgery for brain cancer. In all of my dealings with her it was clear that this Marketing Director was extremely professional, genuinely cared about residents and families, and was effective in her role. When she told them she would have to be out for three weeks for surgery, they responded by firing her because "they couldn't go for three weeks without a Marketing Director." They have denied her unemployment stating that she was 'fired' and not 'laid off.' Many people have encouraged her to pursue a law-suit against Carillon, and I for one, hope that she does.

In addition, this company struggles badly with census; mainly because their prices are too high and the care is mediocre at best. Their census struggles lead them to take in or keep residents who are not suitable for Assisted Living, including residents with major psychological disorders and those have a history of harming other patients. Their hospital admittance rate for falls is atrocious and at many buildings across the state they are losing residents in troves because of poor leadership and quality of care across the board.

Until MAJOR changes are made, do not work for Carillon and do not move your loved one there.
awesome
Med Tech/PCA (Current Employee), Cramerton, NCSeptember 26, 2013
Pros: great residents and staff
Cons: healthcare
I love working for this company. The residents are awesome as well as management. People there actually care about you as a person. I love working there wouldn't change anything except maybe not paying for dinner lol
Company uses US Employees than ships jobs to India - Not Good
Activities Director (Current Employee), Mooresville, NCSeptember 21, 2013
IBM uses US employees to get projects up and running and stable. Once they have done this they will then lay off the US employee and send the position over for and India staff to handle. They have to pay less pay for India.
Management (Former Employee), FayettevilleSeptember 19, 2013
Pros: the residents are refreshing to be around.
Cons: high turn over and low salary
Horrible company to work for. The salary is below standards and there is no contribution from the company for health insurance leaving employees to pay unrealistic prices for health insurance. All employees are hired as part time to avoid having to pay into a health care program. The company is driven by their finances and they are hesitant to fix mechanical issues in their facilities. The company has a high turn over rate and they refuse to address issues to improve continuity. I would avoid employment with this company if possible. They do not have the best interest for their employees and I also have concerns for the residents.
Productive hard working place
Personal Care Assistant, Med Tech (Current Employee), Lincolnton, NCSeptember 8, 2013
A typical day is fast paced. I learned to be give the residents their medicine. How to judge their moods. How to judge how serious a injury could be. I was taught how to put on ted hose and give the residents a shower. My coworkers are all hardworking and do their fair share of work. The hardest part of the job is when one of the residents gets really sick and has to be put on full hospice care and ends up passing away.
High turnover for a reason
Assistant Accounting Manager (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCAugust 7, 2013
Pros: some of the people
Cons: poor benefits, management, time off, flexibility
Their employee turnover rate is an indication of the internal condition of this organization. Overall management of employees is poor and managers have employees fired without voicing any concerns or complaints. The overall theme is they are too busy for communication. Someone warned me about them before I had accepted the position and I wish I had listened.
employer lies to hirees
prep cook (Former Employee), southport , NCAugust 5, 2013
was told a lie about the hours I would be given to work. Put on the schedule to work 3 days , 2 hours a day ! hired as a prep cook ...but turned into dishwasher .
Wonderful experience
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee), Shelby, NCJuly 9, 2013
Pros: residents
Cons: short breaks
I love working with the elderly, they were full of wisdom and a joy to have around.
A place that really has the heart for seniors.
Full-Time Resident Care Director (Current Employee), Shelby, NCJune 4, 2013
Carillon Assisted Living does have the best interest of the seniors in the community at heart in the decisions that they make.

June 15, 2013

If you are going to comment about this company lets just keep it real. This company truly is only focused on money. lets be honest. I mean you as a individual may care but this company NO. This company does not care . If this company cares so much how come so many residents are leaving because of the new Medicaid law. But in fact it is not just the Medicaid law it is Carillon and the price it is asking for our Medicaid residents to pay. How about lower the prices for these families since you really care. Just imagine how many homeless elderly there are going to be.

Awesome helping the elderly
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee), Hillsborough, CAJune 3, 2013
Pros: learning from the elderly, co-workers, facility
Cons: management, running out of materials needed to care for the residents
Management needs to focus on the care of the residents, not just filling the beds up
This place is horrible
Medical Technician, Supervisor (Former Employee), Fuquay-Varina, NCMay 6, 2013
Although I worked there for over a year I had several things. Their ratio on a third shift was never met and the managers really did not care. We had several no call no shows and they still did not care. They covered up a lot of problems when it came to the care of the residents. And the pay was really low. And they had Med Techs giving the wrong medicine to the residents or were not giving it to them at all and all they got was a slap on the hand!
good place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Lincolnton, NCApril 22, 2013
enjoyed working here. Good team work
loved working with residents and team members

May 21, 2013

Lincolnton must be the only good community out of all of them. You were lucky

good place to work