Carillon Assisted Living Employee Reviews

I loved this place but not the people who worked here
PCA (Former Employee) –  Asheboro, NCNovember 5, 2017
It was fun to meet these people and make your days more fun but my team mates and superiors slacked. Even got in trouble because of a girl who said I didn't do anything the whole day which I didn't do much because she would always expect me to do it all.
Pros
Loved working with seniors
Cons
Team mates and superiors slacked
Bad
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Asheboro, NCNovember 5, 2017
Residents are so lovely but the management is bad as long as you stay on top of everything that regards to the residents you want have to worry about management
Horrible place to work
SIC/Med Tech (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCNovember 5, 2017
I was constantly overworked, underpaid, unappreciated, etc. Constant environment of emotional abuse towards employees from management. Occasional verbal abuse from management. Residents were not treated like they deserve to be treated and they pay a ridiculous amount of money to live there when employees get paid so little. My breaking point was when I was not given any FMLA leave when I had my son after working for this company for almost three years.
Pros
working one on one with elderly residents
Cons
literally everything else
Love the residents, staff very unprofessional and neglectful. Low pay, understaffed, high turnover.
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clemmons, NCOctober 30, 2017
This job is a foot in the door to get a better job, if you can last long enough to gain some experience. It's hard, understaffed, underpaid, and extremely stressful. I have worked 9 days straight then 1 day off, maybe 2 and then do it over again. In the past 30 days I've had 5 off. The staff is hard to get along with. The pay is awful. Sometimes there are only 2 pcas at a time. The residents are amazing but expect to get hit, kicked, shoved, bitten, spit at, in the memory care unit. I love the job only for the residents, but everything else needs to change immediately.
Pros
Residents, 2 dollar meals
Cons
Everything else
Patient safety
Nurse Consultant (Current Employee) –  Huntersville, NCOctober 26, 2017
Patient safety didn't seem to be of the utmost importance. Also other people blame while their work is not done on others instead of being professional adults and being accountable and responsible.
Pros
Hours
Cons
State showed up too many times
Lots of drama.
Personal Care Assistant (PCA) (Former Employee) –  Southport, NCOctober 24, 2017
The job its self was not bad at all. The residents were great to work with and I learned a lot while working there but the hours were crazy. People called out and were late constantly and the same people had to stay all the time. It got very exhausting. Plus with all the drama and he said she said it was hard to communicate properly. Even though my pay was alright it defently was not worth the drama in the facility its honestly like being back in high school. Oh yea and when there not staffed properly management puts a huge work load on you that sometimes seems way to much.
Pros
Paid time off. Lots to learn. RESIDENTS!
Cons
Crazy hours and drama.
Beautiful Facility
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Conover, NCOctober 23, 2017
Helped residents with daily activities. Working at Carillon I gained medical knowledge. It was a very clean Facility to work in. Most Enjoyable part getting to know Residents, hardest part seeing them move on.
Carillon Assisted Living
Accounts Receivable Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 21, 2017
This remains my favorite job, due to my team of co-workers. Collections took up most of my day to day duties, such as following up on promised payments and reaching out to those who hadn't yet set up arrangements. Monthly, I processed the over the counter meds and prescriptions filled through the company pharmacist. I also processed billing for the facilities monthly as well as bank reconciliations for the residents.
Pros
matching 401k, good health coverage
fun
Wait Staff (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 19, 2017
I loved this job until we got a new superviser and then I hated it. it was fun when I first started the group I worked with we were so close. like a family we all had the same shifts
Productive and fun place to work. May become stressful at times.
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Shelby, NCOctober 16, 2017
I absolutely love my residents. I’ve become attached to several of them and look at them like multiple grandparents. It is sometimes stressful and fast paced, but well worth the experience.
Pros
Residents are amazing
Cons
Low pay
Stay away
Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 6, 2017
This place is terrible. They assign you 6 seniors to do everything for and you cannot be 2 places at once so it becomes quite difficult. You have to do so much work and lift people for only $8.50. Seniors are often not treated right by management. I got out of there.
Pros
meeting seniors and caring for them
Cons
low pay, too high expectations, mistreatment of seniors
Horrible management
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Southport, NCSeptember 30, 2017
Way to much drama and horrible management. Employees are a revolving door one day 3 new people, next day lost 4 and gained 2 more. So much drama and it comes from management!
Pros
Going home
Cons
Going to work
My over all experience
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCSeptember 29, 2017
I love working with the residents, getting to know them. Their likes and dislikes. A typical night with them would be to make sure that they were comforable and assist them when they needed help with getting ready for bed and in the morning assist them with bathing, dressing and just help them maintain their independence.
I learn that because they were living in assist living, it was their place from day to day that everyone needs a helping hand no matter who they were and to be more compassionate to others even in trying times.
The hardest thing for me was because it was a third shift, it was laid back type of job and its harder to find something to keep you awake.
Taking care of patients
MED TECH/PCA (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCSeptember 28, 2017
It was great to take care of patients. I worked in the alzheimer's unit. It was also bad and sad to see some patients not cared for the way they should've been by other co-workers. This was over 10 years ago now, so hopefully things have changed.
Unprofessional 3rd shift employees!!!
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fuquay-Varina, NCSeptember 25, 2017
During my summer employment, I enjoyed working with the residents and Management/Administration Team. They were awesome and understanding team. However, I knew before I was hired what the hourly compensation will be before accepting the job opportunity on a temporary basis so no complaints on that note. The actual complaint is that the PCA'S, MED TECH and one of the SIC on THIRD SHIFT were immature, lazy, cut throat, make false accusations, spread your business around and unprofessional bunch of women who gossip and worrying about other people business affairs. The 3rd shift workers don't care who you are and simple fact they need workers on the shift to help out as of today. Instead, they like to run good workers away or out the door and wonder why they left due to immaturity. At the end of the day, these are some of the people who always call out or no show to work which causes the shift to be short handed. ***Please beware of 3rd shift employees and don't comment on your personal life or else your business will be spread around quickly from one shift to another. If you decide to work 1st or 2nd shift, then the PCA's and Med Techs employees are very mature and professional.***
Pros
Wonderful Management Team, 1st/2nd staff very nice
Cons
Unprofessional and undependable 3rd shift staff
Low pay;but very rewarding in helping out the elderly
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCSeptember 19, 2017
I worked the night shift, assisting elderly residents whom some and dementia and alzheimers. The job was rewarding in knowing that I helped the residents in having a better quality of life when I was there. Some co-workers were there just to get a check-with not much care for the residents;sad. Their work program was difficult;you HAD to stay and work if someone didn't report to work on their schedule. It conflicted with other things I did outside of working there.
High turn over rates
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shelby, NCSeptember 18, 2017
No room for advancement. General management hands are tied by corporate. There is a super high turn over rate. Residents are awesome and love affection. Mostly an all female work environment.
Worst place to work or move your family into money hungry a**holes
Resident Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Southport, NCSeptember 12, 2017
Horrible company to work for, from the ground up. The top management and CEO only care about the MILLIONS of dollars they collect every year. most Carillons can pay their entire buildings salary with what they make from the residents in a month. This is a billion dollar company that pays their employees CHUNK CHANGE. give $3 a day to feed the residents who pay 7 grand or more a month to live there. horrible company. there are not in it for the residents only for their dollar. raise prices almost yearly but the resident get nothing from it...no more money is put into resident care budgets or dietary budgets. they honestly could care less as long as they make their dollar. you couldnt PAY me to put my family member in that place. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE. DISGRACEFUL.
Pros
love of the residents.
Cons
everything BUT the residents.
pay
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fuquay-Varina, NCSeptember 11, 2017
on a average day theres about 6 residents a person is to that day an we have to make sure that they are safe clean make sure they get in bed safely. the hard work that we do we should get paid more than what we are getting paid for now
Residents were neglected and harmed the staff on a regular basis
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCSeptember 7, 2017
Everyday I had to worry about whether a certain residents was going to assault me. Residents were left in dirty depends and management turned the other way anytime a staff member was in danger.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carillon Assisted Living. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8