Carillon Assisted Living Employee Reviews

terrible place to work
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 21, 2017
This company is one i regret working for and I would not advise anyone with a kind heart to apply, there are no benefits and start everyone off at eight dollars no matter the level of education or work experience. And after a year they were not giving out any raises. they also hire and fire individuals on a regular bases and had one of the worst directors I've ever known.
Productive place to work
Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Shelby, NCJanuary 13, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of me helping alzheimer's patients with their daily living activities and anything else that was needed of me to do for them. I learned not only about the disease but how to make the most of the time I have. I had to learn how to be more organized and had to work on my time management because I had maybe 6-8 patients a day and they would all need certain things done at certain times and sometimes at the same time. For the most part my co-workers were amazing and very helpful. Although I worked with some that I didn't get along with we would always put everything aside and work as a team to get all of the patients activities and things done on time and proficient enough. The hardest part of my job was seeing one of the patients pass away or even find out the news about a loved one passing because they would be so hurt and my most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the smiles on my patients faces and the joy in their eyes.
Pros
getting to know such amazing people, cheap meals
Fun Place to work
PCA (Personal Care Assistant) (Former Employee) –  Clemmons, NCJanuary 5, 2017
lovable residents that was the most enjoyable part of the job
what i learned was Care for residents needs Clean , Bathe, Assist
management was easy going
hardest part was remembering 150 residents
This company has a great product
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJanuary 3, 2017
The living amenities for residents at Carillon are amazing. Awesome everyday people putting their heart and soul into the care they give the residents.
Pros
Awesome Staff
Good experience
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCDecember 26, 2016
This job was a good experience for me. I loved the residents that i took care of. They gave me a reason to come to work. Management was not as a good at all.
Helping elderly adults feel at home
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCDecember 22, 2016
The work day consist of helping elderly individual with every day living such as bathing, feeding, administrating medication, etc. Our goal was to make each person feel in a at home environment.
Pros
Helping Others
Cons
Low pay
Great facility to work for
Licensed Cosmetologists (Former Employee) –  NCDecember 22, 2016
This company is overall a great place to work for. The residents are very at ease and a joy to work with also . As a contract employee I schedule my own hours according to my day to day cosmetic obligations . This is a place that I would work for anytime my schedule allows so.
Pros
Cons
Clocking out
Nice place to work.
Personal Care Aide - Assisting the elderly (Former Employee) –  Clemmons, NCDecember 16, 2016
I enjoyed assisting the elderly residents. It always feels great to know you helped someone have a better day. I mostly worked with Alz/Dementia patients, but nonetheless it was a very nice facility and treated the residents great.
Horrible company to work for
Sales and Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaDecember 11, 2016
Poor management especially in the corporate office. The regional management of the sales and marketing directors are unprofessional and severely lacks leadership qualities. They are dishonest and do not care about their employees. Worst company I have ever worked for.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Management, salary, and hours
hardworking and fast pace
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCNovember 21, 2016
a typical day here is hard work and fast pace easy to learn but your always busy with the people i love to be there and to help each and every one of them.
Productive, friendly enviorment
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shelby, NCSeptember 15, 2016
Loved being able to care for the elder.
co workers all had their own ways of doing things, an you're never quite taught the correct way to do things
hardest part was the lifting
lunch an game time with the residents
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
All business
Operations Manager/ Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 11, 2016
Worked 8 a.m - 6 p.m. over seeing cooks and food production, maintaining freezer and refrigerator temperature logs, ordered food for 10 Kitchens.
Filled in for employees on vacation.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
NONE
love the residents
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Knightdale, NCAugust 29, 2016
The residents are absolutely amazing ! I love them as if they were my family. They are the reason I went to work every day. I'd rather not make a comment about the management.
Pros
Residents
joyful place to work
Internship Activities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCAugust 2, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was talking and doing activities with the residents on a daily basis.Listening to the stories and learning the different ways of life from each person.It"s great to see their smiles come across their faces when you talk to them about their life before they came to live at a facilities.
Pros
the residents
Cons
Not enough time in the day
Assist residents (Former Employee) –  Hillsborough, NCAugust 1, 2016
Management did NOT do her job. Manager did things on her time when she wanted to. Some workers picked on others and management did nothing about it .
Pros
laid back environment, nice employees.
Cons
short breaks, people not on time, managers are not responsible of getting work done when needed.
very compassionate and love People
SIC - Supervisor In Charge (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 29, 2016
Coming in to work and being the supervisor and everyone not show up. keep control smile place the aides I have and call for fill-ins and work the floor also. Team work makes the Dream work.
Pros
Residents and awesome staff
Cons
Underpaid
Selling a dream that doesnt exist
Garden Place Coordinator/Activity Director (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJune 20, 2016
The Lincolnton location is not a location to work or even send your family members. They have a high turnover rate and management is very unprofessional with how they treat and talk to their employees. It is not clean and the compensation is NOT commensurate with experience. Do not come here to grow into a leader and do not come here to gain proper skills. They once took a managers money and refused to reimburse her after they fired her over an employee that was constantly out of HIPAA compliance. BEWARE!
Pros
The residents
Cons
Everything else
Not a Professional place of business !!!!!
PCA Personal Care Assistant / Medication Aide (Former Employee) –  Fuquay-Varina, NCMay 31, 2016
Company is very unorganized staff is not professional and management is not professional at all !!!! A typical day is an unorganized staff down to the hateful kitchen manager the pcs's and the activity coordinator and the RCC does not do nothing but try to please executive director who is unprofessional they discuss business of other workers they hire anybody and everybody the mess that goes on in this place of business is not professional and not worth the money the residents family have to pay !!!!!
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCMay 12, 2016
Working with the residence was a unique experience. The most enjoyable part of the job was socializing with the residence. Their smiles and laughs were priceless. Co-workers were really helpful and were always around to help.
Its a ok place to work but lacks management skill in departments
Dishes and Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 8, 2016
The job knows your worth but don't to pay your worth raise wise but giving gift cards for thank you and appreciate what you done on the job.
Pros
keeps you bissy
Cons
don't care to much for what you have to do outside the job and play favorites

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carillon Assisted Living. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5