Caring Hearts

Caring Hearts Employer Reviews

Comfortable work space
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: helping people
Cons: short breaks and no healthcare benefits
I was my own boss. I was an independent contractor. I set my own hours and took my lunch breaks when possible. I helped the elderly and disabled perform activities of daily living. I learned that if I had my own business I will be able to run it successfully. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with my clients and what days I had each one. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the people in need of my help and presents!
Helping others
Nurse Aide (Former Employee), ohioDecember 14, 2014
I really liked working here the staff was great they really cared about their employees. I wished their never closed down it was very unfortunate.
When my work day starts It means you only focus on your job
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Current Employee), Tucson, AZNovember 28, 2014
Pros: get to visit different homes, meet new people, bond with family
Cons: can be depressing, stressful, long or no hours for long periods of time.
Caring for the elderly is and can be a challenge from the first day you meet them till the last breath they take. I have had many clients over the years who are now resting in a better place. When you first get called in for a job you get a set date and time and you show up 15 minutes early and you leave when the person you are taking care of is set until the next time you come. You show respect and look people in the eye when you shake their hand along with showing up in proper attire. You don't slack or nap on the job for you are there for your client not just when your off but all the time. Iv'e had points in time where I showed up early or undertaken many hours than a normal 8 hour shift for they can be up to 12-15 or more. my employer makes it clear to all who apply that you do not leave your clients side till they are taken away to be buried by their loved ones. Sometimes you will have more than one person to take care of. For a time I found myself working 7 days a week and trying to stay awake in front of people. Then other times there is no work for it's not a secure job, no benefits, no overtime, and there is no pay while on vacation so I never took one. But you are there for a reason to help people in their final hour of need; someone they can trust and know that they feel safe with you. My job was to make clients as comfortable as possible and to do whatever I could to make life a little easier for them. clients can last a couple years or a day and the employees that I remember were very strict about caring for their clients as my boss is too. You won't find a better care-giving company and that is my honest opinion. Despite the lack of benefits and mixed up work that can happen you have to be very patient and very caring. Which is what the company is...a Caring one.
Very Thoughtful Service
Home Caregiver (Current Employee), Wayne, PANovember 7, 2014
Pros: orientation/personal care
Cons: not as much availability of work
The CEO of this company is one of the most compassionate persons I've met in this area of care.
We were educated in the importance of Personal Care that reflects the client's individual needs. Holistic care was stressed. Additional education includes Massage, Nutritional needs, Meditation, age-specific methods of communicating
I learned to be very present and mindful of the important role a care giver has in the home.
Productive workplace
Nurse Aide (Current Employee), Detroit, MIMay 28, 2014
Cons: can't leave the building at all not even for lunch
A typical day at work varies I would say only because I'm dealing with the elderly and sickly so you really don't know what your gonna get from day to day but my daily routine is to come in room check do my daily pm hygiene and whatever task that is asked of me due to i work midnights which is a little more calmer than day shift. At this job I've learned how to deal with all type of people and how to keep calm and remain professional in all different type of situations. I feel my management team could be a better management team. Most of my co-workers are team players and I rarely have any problems with my co-workers getting along with the people I work with is big for me so at all times I like to be a team player.. The hardest part of the job is getting attached to some of the patients and their families and then they past.. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help and care for a person in need of me and they know they are in good hands and trust me that makes me feel good knowing I'm needed..
Supervisor Mrs. Jones (Former Employee), Albany ga.31702March 18, 2014
Pros: very nice patient and i love to help others
I was to assist patient with personal and oral hygienes. I had to assist patients to doctors appointments. I provided supervision care for patient for 8 hours a day.
A people oriented job
CNA (Current Employee), Southfield, MIMarch 6, 2014
You work with a variety of people, I have learned to use a red robin, give diabetic shots,
Do not recommend unless...
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee), Detroit, MIDecember 9, 2013
Pros: 12 hour shifts, less days you have to work, able to get another job, beautiful building and apartments, clean working environment, quick hiring process
Cons: little to no pay, unprofessional, bosses could care less about the employees and clients, too much work
This is the job you go to for a last resort. They do not do any background checks, drug test and could care less if you are certified. This is a job to gain experience and cool points on your resume'.
productive
Caregiver (Current Employee), Detroit, MINovember 11, 2013
Pros: you will work 40 hours a week
Cons: no benifits
I haven't had any bad experiences here. they will make sure that you work forty hours a week if you reliable. no benefits
anyone would love to work there
caregiver (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 14, 2013
Pros: we sometimes order out
Cons: relaxing breaks
just worked hard recived awards

loved my co-workers

love my job

loved my clients

there was no hard part of my job because i loved what i was doing

taking care of my clients it feels good to be able to give back to those who have paved the way for me.
Working with people with brain injuries is difficult but worth it
Transitional Living Specialist (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSJuly 23, 2013
Pros: helping people
Cons: no job stabolity
I love going to work everyday to help people better themselves but I had a baby and when i went back my job was taken not ot be given back so job security is not with caring hearts
Family business
Founder, CEO (Current Employee), Cordova, ALApril 24, 2013
Pros: flexibility
This is a business I started. The only drawback is the benefits are not available as of right now.
its a very productive work place
Kansas Ks 66103 home health aide (Current Employee), Kansas City, KSMarch 15, 2013
Pros: dealing with one client at a time
Cons: going to peoples house
a typical day at work involves bathing my clients and helping them to complete their daily task that they are not able to complete by themselves.
I learned to be more caring.
well i personally manage myself since i am the only one on my shift.
the hardest part of my job is working with patients with alteimerz disease.
the most enjoyable part of the job is my clients.
A lot of educating needed
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Poynette, WIJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: residents that lived there
Cons: management issues
Very hard to start work at a new CBRF with an owner who is new at it also. A lot of adjustments and kinks that needed worked out. However, the residents were wonderful and understanding. Just loved having company.
Clerical / warehouse
Assistant Home health Aid (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSDecember 6, 2012
worked wit some real good companies thru allied , it was more of a light industrial field but i really enjoyed my time wit the company
Clerical / warehouse
Assistant Home health Aid (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSDecember 6, 2012
Fun place to work and be in health field
Shift Supervisor/Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee), Aurora, COMay 7, 2012
I got the job because my aunt owns the company but unfortunately they have gone out of business.
enjoying helping seniors
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), MIMarch 28, 2012
Pros: being able to work at my own pace
Cons: no health care
a day at work is going to different people houses, being able to be a part of their lifes. I learn how to care for people, while still allowing them to help thems selves .The managment company was avaiable. I work independtly, the hardest not being able to help those, who need more help. knowing im a part of the reason why they are able to do

About Caring Hearts