Caring senior service Employee Reviews

Not too bad overall.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Galesburg, ILJune 29, 2017
It was an okay business to work for. THe clients were nice and friendly and it was nice moving around and not just staying in one place. The management was very unorganized. And it was not a reliable job to pay bills. Some weeks I'd have 40 hours and others I would only have 15. Also the management was very unprofessional.
Productive and liferewarding
In Home Care Provider (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJune 27, 2017
As a Certified Nursing Assistant, I love being able to spend time with my patients, truly focus on them and their needs without being interrupted by call lights, telephone calls, doctors, therapists, etc. I liked the time in the car between patients to eat, decompress, listen to the radio, and be alone. I felt like I had the time to devote to them to help them adjust their lifestyles, rather than throw some pills at them and run on to the next one. It's not for everyone, though, and while we may gripe about our jobs, it's really true that the worst day in home health is better than the best day in a facility.

It takes a certain kind of person to succeed in home health: excellent clinical skills, excellent critical thinking and decision making abilities, organization beyond all measure, flexibility to adjust to the needs of patients and the agency's staffing needs, and a sense of humility. If you are set in your ways, don't like to learn new ways to do things, always want everything done perfectly, and expect to have a set schedule, then you will fail miserably. You will have hugs and threats. You will be offered all kinds of foods, including some that you may never have seen before. (Always accept food if offered. You don't have to eat it, take it with you and tell them you'll eat it later. They are expressing their gratitude, accept it gracefully!) You will see mansions and you will see hovels. You have to accept people as they are, warts and all, and meet them where they are. You have to be humble, you are in their home. You have the ability and power to change lives,
  more... use it responsibly.

I cannot imagine doing anything else and enjoying it as much as I do home health.
Pros
Meeting people and knowing I am needed.
Cons
Seeing the patients condition deteriorate.
Majority of the people are great, hours not so much .
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dayton,ohJune 19, 2017
Home health care hours are going to flip floppy .. Its to be expected, so is the instability...all of which I can deal with nor do I mind with my own craziness. I just need the amount of hours to work to make a decent living on...
Pros
Great director
Cons
Not enough work, stabality
Loved working here
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COJune 12, 2017
The pay was great. I loved the little elderly lady i took care of her and her husband were a real joy to be around i think the hardest part about caregiving is getting close and then watching them die.
Stressful but fulfilling work
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJune 9, 2017
You learn a lot in a short amount of time and it can be very stressful at times but it is always rewarding when you can make a client smile. You learn basic healthcare but it is non-medical so you don't help a lot with medications.
Love
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COMay 29, 2017
Loved working with this company. Had the best schedule. Wonderful coworkers. And they understood me being pregnant and accommodated me with anything I needed
Pros
Working the schedule i wanted
Cons
Far clients
great owner
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSMay 15, 2017
There is room for advancement at this company. the owners are knowledgeable and caring of clients needs. The work environment was positive at all times.
Pros
great hours
Cons
pay
Challenging Workplace
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 25, 2017
It was not up to professional standards when it came to some of the rude behaviors of some of the employees.
My opinion, but overall I enjoyed my job because the residents had made it worth the daily fulfillment on my duties.
Worst place ive ever worked at
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXApril 21, 2017
The manager wasn't management material and the owners, very rude and selfish people. I would not recommend anyone to work for them. I also feel for the clients...wouldn't even recommend their services.
Great opportunity for those who want to advance in the home health field
Home Health Aide (HHA) (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 11, 2017
Great opportunity to meet different clients with different cases, great chance to have a rewarding career knowing I have helped improve the lives of others in need.
Pros
Great opportunity to know I have improved the health and wellness of those in need
Cons
Limited breaks
Good workplace
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COApril 5, 2017
I started in March of 2017. Pay is good but the hours I get are not! Basically I am on call and u bavent worked much since I started maybe 2 days out of the week of that.
Cons
Not many hours
Ok
Caregiver for Elderly (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXMarch 31, 2017
When I decided to make a career change management degraded me. If you worked over 40 hours they would lower your pay after 35 hours.So if i was making 10.00 and worked 40 hours they would pay me at a rate of 10.00 for 35 hours and 9.50 for 5 hours. Overall it was an ok place of environment. They will work with you during life crisis situations.
Pros
flexible hours, pay differential, employee parties and learning seminars
Cons
no healthcare
clients focus and provide great care loved it
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Acworth, GAMarch 6, 2017
it ok if you want PRN. I enjoyed it would I still would be there but my client move and they didn't have anyone in my area. love being able to help someone who realy needs it.
Pros
make your own schedule
Cons
no check stubs
Love my clients
HHA/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHMarch 4, 2017
Very poor management communication. A lot of gossip between management and co workers. Not an open door policy. If you tell management anything they spread it to other aides. No raises. Expect a lot from their employees but do not compensate for the extra mile you go.
Pros
Love the clients and their families.
Cons
Management has nasty attitude problem and disrespectful to thier employees
Work
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCFebruary 1, 2017
Assisting clients with daily needs. People are diverse. Sometimes management works with you and sometimes they don't. Workplace culture is diverse. The hardest part of the job was the different Clients attitudes. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know them and learning new people.
Pros
I enjoy helping others.
Cons
Attitudes
Like a family
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Grants Pass, ORJanuary 8, 2017
I love working for this company. The management has treated me like family and really gave me a schedule that works. It is such a wonderful place to work for.
Pros
Pick the days you want to work
Cons
Sometimes long hours but worth it
caring senior service
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 15, 2016
love how quick they are to find you a client when you start & very good at giving you all the hours you want & need. they will gladly pick you up & drop to off if your car breaks down or something
Great Place to work
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Effort, PADecember 9, 2016
Loved my position there. The care manager is mean sometimes but the owners of the company are great. You get paid time off and if you need a day off they are fair about it.
Pros
Good pay and fair time off paid
Cons
All the cons that go with medical field work.
Did not enjoy working for this company
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSMay 23, 2016
I did not enjoy working for Caring Senior Services, although it kept me on my feet, and busy most of the time, and It gave me the experience I needed when it came to working in Hospice, I did not like working other people's shift everyday.
Worst company!
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 18, 2016
I was so excited to start with this company, had an interview (best one i have ever had) it was great. Waited 1 month before hearing ANYTHING from Management called and even went up there a few times to talk to anyone about starting work and it was all promises but promises really do not pay the bills.
Long story short, stay away from them as they clearly do not care about their employees. terrible, terrible company.
Pros
Cons
everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Caring senior service. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7