Caring senior service Employee Reviews

Did not enjoy working for this company
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSMay 23, 2016
I did not enjoy working for Caring Senior Services, although it kept me on my feet, and busy most of the time, and It gave me the experience I needed when it came to working in Hospice, I did not like working other people's shift everyday.
Worst company!
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 18, 2016
I was so excited to start with this company, had an interview (best one i have ever had) it was great. Waited 1 month before hearing ANYTHING from Management called and even went up there a few times to talk to anyone about starting work and it was all promises but promises really do not pay the bills.
Long story short, stay away from them as they clearly do not care about their employees. terrible, terrible company.
Pros
Cons
everything
Caring Senior Service puts the needs and care of the clients first
Care Manager Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 30, 2015
Working closely with the elderly population gives you a sense of belonging. The company allowed me to experience humility and to meet so many wonderful people.
Love my clients and they work around my school schedule
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 7, 2015
They work around my school schedule and have offered additional shifts on my days off. They have an understanding of patient care and are compassionate towards the clients.
Basic Caregiver position
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Park Ridge, NJDecember 4, 2015
This company had great customer service attitude about the care they give their patients. I was able to take a class that allowed me to use what I learned in this job and be better at.
A good place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 16, 2015
I enjoyed working here because the management was efficient and kind. I worked with in home care patients doing numerous task throughout my shift. Such as; bathing, dressing, housekeeping, light cooking, etc. The company was flexible with my schedule allowing me work two jobs.
Care Manager
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 30, 2015
A typical day is for me to go in look at my email. print all applications that came in the night before, go over the applications decide either to bring them in for a interview . Make sure all shifts are covered for the day update payroll.
Pros
The pay is ok
Cons
On call
Rewarding job.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXAugust 24, 2015
I loved assisting clients who were either elderly or disabled. Helping them with their daily living as well as providing companionship for those who needed it was awesome. The hardest part of the job was leaving a client or the loss of a client. The most enjoyable part of the job was making the clients smile.
Pros
Helping clients
Cons
Not having enough coverage
terrible
caregiver (Former Employee) –  kettering ohJuly 12, 2015
This place does not pay like the other home healthcare places in the area, they say competitive but however they actually pay ten cents less than min wage. They say to offer jobs close to where you live but this is also false. You will not make money here and they do not pay mileage or for you to be on call which is what they expect, don't waste your time unless you're in tough times, you can make more at McDonald's
Pros
clients
Cons
pay, schedules etc
Lack of compassion
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  ArizonaJune 24, 2015
This company is very hard to work for, they expect you to drop your whole life for them. Owners are very nice, but the care managers do not seem to care that you also have a personal life. If you dont jump for them they wont give you steady work.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Managers
Fun well organized place to work
CNA/HHA (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 3, 2015
Caring Senior Service is a fun and well organized place to work. The clients are great and the staff is always willing to help
Pros
pay
Cons
distance and travle
Overall experience good .
Senior Marketer, Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 19, 2014
Overall experience has been good with this company,but the
Owners operate their company with very few employees ,which adds a lot of daily stress and overtime without compensation.

The most enjoyable part of this job was consulting with medical professionals and individuals and their families to provide personal assistance to their loved ones needing caregiving assistance after hospitalization or rehabilitation. After helping with consulting and creating a care plan and providing caregiving service to see the outcomes for the client that has improvement and rehabbed at home to have a happy ,healthy ,life .
Pros
lunches, dinners and learning new areas of the field
Cons
too pressured to do several job titles
Personal client care and interactions
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Voorhees, NJNovember 19, 2014
I perform assessments on clients who require assistance from personal aids that involve activities of daily living. Every other month I meet the client, their aid, and family members who are available and discuss their current health problems, if they have made improvements, if the aid is doing the tasks the family had requested, and coordinate the care plans of the client. I organize the assessments based on the availability of both myself and the client.
fun work place
CNA/HHA (Former Employee) –  Madison, ALNovember 18, 2014
new manager is rude and dont want to pay anything
will not work under new owner
Pros
hours
Cons
pay
Enjoyable Job
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Effort, PASeptember 2, 2014
A typical day was to drive to clients houses help then with everyday living tasks, remind them to take medication, make dinner, light house cleaning. The part I enjoyed most of this job was being able to help elderly people who can no longer help themselves.
Fun and interesting clients with wonderful personalities
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Madison, ALJuly 2, 2014
A typical day at work for me is arriving at my clients, and greeting them. after that, i check the mail. make up beds, and tighten up around the house. i love my managers! They are both very understanding and honest people. one of the main ways to succeed in this field, as any other field, is to communicate properly. the most enjoyable part of my job is hearing my client tell me how much they love me, and complimenting my personality. I truly work with sweet people.
Pros
wonderful conversations, and meeting great people
Cons
finding out they are deceased. its always a hard pill swallow
Dayton ohio
Caregiver/Companion/cna (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHJune 21, 2014
I've worked with caring senior for five years before I finally quite! I loved it the first 2 years but they changes office mangers and the whole company changed! I was always willing to throw down whatever I was doing to help company but never the same for me... I was always promised to grow with the company but never never did they compensate me...office manger always picked favorites for scheduling so scheduling would be so different from week to week! Calling off work would pretty much determine if u had a job so if u called off the next week u would be punished and not have any clients or work the next week!
Good work environment
CNA (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 14, 2014
Work with seniors providing hands on non medical care. Help with ADL's, light house keeping, meal preparation. There is always the chance to learn at CSS, they offer training and you get pay raises for completing courses and can even get paid time off.

Management is very supportive. They have a good team approach and are easy to work with. Co workers are skilled and experienced, CSS is selective in who they hire and are very serious about providing great care.

The owners come out to see the clients and the staff regularly and are always friendly and respectful. I have seen the owners take clients to Doctor appointments. They really care about the clients and CNA's.

I enjoy working for Caring Senior Service.
Pros
nice owners and great staff
Professional and dedicated
CNA (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 13, 2014
Assist elders with ADL's and provide hands on care. CSS has a 5 star training program that teaches the GreatCare method. There is a on line library where you can get a ton of info that helps you with clients. Management is easy to work with and give us a lot of support. I like their team approach and the way information is shared between caregivers. The hardest part of the job is when you have a client who has to go into a facility or worse, but the best part is making a difference in the lives of others and the good feeling that comes with that.
Pros
owners and managers that value the cna's
Good for people needing a flexible schedule
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 19, 2014
Personally, I feel I am working below my skill level due to the fact that most of my work in the field is house keeping, laundry, etc. I learned that every new patient is a learning experience, and presents a challenge with an opportunity to learn a new skill, or "trick of the trade". Most of my case managers are very attentive and concerned with the well being of the patients and their employees. I worked mainly by myself, because this is a home care agency. The most enjoyable part of the job is the companionship developed with the patients, which is also the thing I value most about this field in its entirety.
Pros
setting your own schedule
Cons
no gas compensation, no direct deposit

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Caring senior service. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6