Carinos Employee Reviews

great food...great recipes..great brand losing its luster...
server (Former Employee) –  kansas city ksSeptember 30, 2014
Typical day at work involved clocking in and listening to most of the other servers drama...typically waiting to be sat for at least 30-45 minutes...once things got up and running it was OK....again...just OK...most of the time the kitchen times were very slow...

What I learned: I learned that when you are hired on the fly and a manager openly admits that 8 servers just walked out. That's a red flag you should pay attention to.

Management was well, under par for sure. Constantly playing good cop and bad cop then truly not holding all accountable for the same levels of service.

Good Co-workers were hard to come by. I found a couple. As in any restaurant there are always some who partake in extra-curricular activities. My issue was the bulk of many whom did so while "ON THE CLOCK"...SAD,,,, BUT TRUE..in every position in the restaurant. (no wonder the brand is going under)

The hardest part of the job was honestly putting up with redundant things that just frankly shouldn't have been happening. There is a laundry list.

The most enjoyable part of the job....at this point...was leaving...little side work in the location I was in so it was very nice to have a quick exit at the end of the night...

I would not recommend working for this organization in the location I did if you have any aspirations of learning new things and or growing. There is a reason this company is filing for chapter 11 and has closed so many nice restaurants. The economy can only be accountable for so much. When you able to deliver good food (well recipes) like this at a reasonable cost like they do there
  more... should be no reason the restaurant in the location I was in wasn't full on a regular basis.

Very Sad to say I think this one will be gone soon..not just the restaurant I was in...but the brand and good food as well.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
moral, management, lack of accountability, overscheduling, games
BEST WORK PLACE
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXFebruary 11, 2013
CARINOS, WAS ONE MY FAVORITE PLACES TO BE EMPLOYEED. THE MANAGERS WERE AWESOME AND SO WAS THE STAFF. I WAS THERE SINCE THE BEGINNING,MY VERY FIRST RESTURANT OPENING ! I WOULD SAY THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB WOULD BE WHEN YOUR MANAGERS NOT HAVING A GREAT DAY. AND YOU CALL IN AFTER YOU CALL IN 2 HOURS BEFORE YOUR SHIFT STARTS. THEY THEN CALL YOUR PARENT TO SEE WHATS GOING ON AND IN TURN CALL YOUR PARENT A LIER. THAT WAS THE LAST STRAW FOR ME. I THEN PUT IN MY TWO WEEK NOTICE, WHICH BY THE WAY I DIDNT GET TO COMPLETE I WAS TAKEN OFF THE SCHEDULE, BOUT A YEAR LATER I WANTED TO RETURN TO CARINOS AND WAS TOLD I WAS NOT UP FOR REHIRE. I FOLLOWED ALL PROCEDURES CORRECTLY BEFORE LEAVING THE BUSSINESS. I WAS A TRAINER, ONE OF THE BEST HOST, MADE EMPLOYEE OF THE MONTH ON SEVERAL OCCASIONS, ALWAYS ON TIME, NOT ONLY DID THE STAFF LOVE ME .I HAD MY REGULAR GUEST THAT CAME TO SEE ME. I WAS SO GREAT AT WHAT I DID AT CARINOS THAT MY MANAGER EVERY YEAR FOR MY PARENTS ANNIVERSARY WOULD SEND A BEAUTIFUL MESSAGE FOR THEM THRU K.L.T.V. OH AND BY THE WAY HE WASNT THE ONE THAT OFFENDED MY MOM BY CALLING HER A LIER. TILL THIS DAY I WOULD LOVE TO GO BACK. HOWEVER I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY I CANT . I THINK IT'S PERSONAL ON THE MANAGEMENT TEAMS SIDE. NOT SURE IF I SHOULD ASK CORPORATE.
Pros
pay great, 50% off meals
Cons
the aprons the servers wear are to long
not a bad job, but could use improvement
Host (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXApril 16, 2014
A day at work was either really boring or really stressful. The wrong people felt they needed to be in charge and would boss everyone around. Calm solutions were often ignored and the well-being of the employee didn't seem to matter at all. Though some days provided the absence of certain people it would be better than others.
Pros
easy to swap shifts, decent pay
Cons
no breaks, often 10-12 hour shifts
i enjoyed woking with the guest
Waitress/host (Former Employee) –  katy txDecember 7, 2014
i would open the store some days, set up the restaurant.
i learned how to use the p.o.s and run big trays of food the management isn't the best. the co works are co works and we work as a unit on busy nights. the hardest part is being over sat and not being able to show the guest the service they pay for. the best part is the guest.
It was fun. Met a lot of new people.
Bar Manager (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMarch 29, 2012
Worked Monday-Friday. Had great relationships with many people. Always something going on. I learned much about the restaurant business and how to work with people. How to stay calm and focused with dealing with so many personalities. Spent over 10 years of my life at that restaurant.
Pros
stability
Cons
no future there
Carinos was a great place to work.
Curbside (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 31, 2015
I loved being able to work at carinos. The people there are like family. The scheduling system is awesome. A typical day at work was being able to help costumers, being around people I enjoy.
Pros
Scheduling is a breeze
Cons
Always so busy
Carinos
Server (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 25, 2015
It's the life of a server. 2.13 an hour and everything else is based on the generosity of your guest. Just keep a smile on your face and you'll do just fine!
Pros
Free samples, discounted food
Cons
Inconsistent pay, seasonal
fun place
server (Former Employee) –  lafayette, laApril 22, 2015
very good company to work for learned so much from this company. they closed our location and the closest one is a few hours awa
Pros
half price dining
Cons
short breaks
Good
Busser (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COSeptember 18, 2012
I worked there for three years and I loved my co-workers and the food but the management was not up to par.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
management
Great Crew
server (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMarch 18, 2014
Loved the variety of people and duties I preformed daily. The worst part of this job was side work.