Caritas Employee Reviews in United States

Nonprofit Organization that helps the homeless
Career Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 17, 2016
A typical day involves helping men living in a homeless shelter gain life skills that will help them find employment and become self-sustaining.
Caritas is a charitable organization.
Truck Driver/Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXOctober 2, 2015
Caritas helps people with food,electricity bills and all other aspects of helping others. Their belief is caring is sharing.
Productive and rules and regulations
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 8, 2015
A day on my job we start our morning with a meeting and pray and what's the plan for the day.In also my co-workers we enjoy oursleves because we build a team and family in the school and outside the school as well.In the hardest part of the job is the adminstrative wasn't open to change. In the greatest part of my job is i was changing people lives day by day.
Pros
uniforms, christ, charater, college
Cons
shortbreaks, less communicate, open to change
productive and result oriented work place
Regional Field Officer (Current Employee) –  KenemaMay 4, 2015
A Day full of planned activities with different approaches to implementation of plan of actions.There was high team spirit among co workers.The hardest part of the job is riding motor bike in rough terranes.I enjoy working in local communities.
Pros
hard work and effective time management
Cons
laziness
Very positive environment
Direct Service Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 12, 2014
I had the opportunity to volunteer with Caritas and was very impressed with the wonderful people working for this organization. I was able to learn about different programs and get to many impressive individuals. The most enjoyable part was the encouraging, positive work environment!
Pros
wonderful people to work with!
Not a bad place to work....
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, RIAugust 14, 2014
Its not a bad place to work, but they mainly deal with addictions... unless you have an understanding of addictions, its difficult.
Pros
type of work
Cons
distance, pay
Productive and welcoming
Aftercare Coordinator/Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIDecember 10, 2013
Assisting adolescent females with substance abuse issues, advocating on their behalf in all aspects of their lives when re-entering society
Pros
assisting families to improve the quality of their lives
Cons
not always culturally sensitive
loved the job
Supply Clerk (Former Employee) –  Waco TXApril 15, 2013
work was fun, that being honest & open with people gains trust & respect, management was great, coworkers were a blast,hardest part of the job was leaving ,but school came first ,most enjoyable part I can still go by when time allows and have a good laugh.
Pros
snacked all day
Cons
no benefits
Wonderful place to work
Hematology/Oncology/ Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MAJune 14, 2012
The staff in Hematology/Oncology were all passionate and caring. It made the day more satisfying, knowing we all worked well together in the best interest of the patients. The hardest part was the loss of patients, which, of course, was expected, however, we all felt the loss. I learned to work in a team more productively there than anywhere else with the nurses, both in-pt and out-pt.
Pros
the patients were wonderful.
Cons
the distance was the most difficult for me.
Love helping people
Leasing Consultant Assistant (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 27, 2012
I am apart of an amazing staff we all work together as a team to make sure the job gets done w/ no mjnor delays. It feels like I am working w/ family, everyone comes in w/ a good loving spirit!
My positon is very easy; there's nothing to it but to do it!
The most enjoyable thing I like about my job is satisfying prospectives & just helping people in general! :-)
Pros
love the environment
Cons
part time