Carl's Jr.

Carl's Jr. Employer Reviews

prepped the cook line
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Yuba City, CAApril 3, 2014
The management is helpful and great. The food is wonderful.
Typical Fast Food Experience
Cashier (Former Employee), Simi Valley, CAApril 1, 2014
Pros: discounted food, cashier experience
Cons: management, treatment of employees
I have only heard bad things about working in fast food, but I had to see for myself. At first it was interesting, but you will never get any respect working in fast food. Everyone looks down on you, the management treats you horribly, and you're expected to know everything. My co-workers were nice people who like me needed a job. The most enjoyable – more... part of the job was when you could make customers smile, even if your day wasn't going well. However there were downsides, like scraping gum off the parking lot and cement, or scrubbing the floor, until your knuckles bled. Not to mention they would "fix" your hours if you accidentally went overtime by throwing in breaks that you didn't take. (Which led to a huge lawsuit against the company.) All in all, I'm glad I learned what is was like to be a cashier, but I would prefer a company with higher morals. – less
Good work enviorment.
Cashier / Cook (Former Employee), El Centro, CAMarch 26, 2014
I enjoyed working with customer and building relationship with return customers.
Stressful environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Mission Viejo, CAMarch 22, 2014
Pros: bored free
Cons: stressful
The staff is great. But customers can ruin your day at any moment. Be prepared for many complaints.
I was very Happy there, learned alot and my co-workers were fun and believed in Teamwork.
Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COMarch 1, 2014
Pros: carl's jr gave you a meal for half price, you could have a med beverage, and soft drinks, coffee as much as you wanted while working.
Cons: dont really have any cons, i love this place and the people that worked there.
A typical day, or evening working at Carl's Jr was on the most part really enjoyable, I met new people, and we have our custumers that come in daily, during the week my co-workers almost always used the teamwork belief, at lunch rushes, we all knew what we needed to do to make it go smooth and if anyone had to they would pitch in and help where needed. – more... The hardest part of the job, would be when you would get an unhappy customer, and I would do my best to help get that customer satisfied, and leave a Happy customer that would come again. – less
A very fun place to work.
Crew Member (Current Employee), Eugene, ORFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: people are great
I wish I had more hours , than 1 day a week. I need at least 30 to 40 hours or more.
it was an ok job
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Claremore, OKFebruary 24, 2014
it was ok to work here at first then new management took over.
Would only work for Carl's Jr. again if it was the absolute last option
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 24, 2014
This company does very little to keep employees for long periods of time. It is difficult to get raises or move up in the company no matter how hard you work. There are also very little consequences for those that do poorly at their job.
okay place to work at
SHIFT LEADER (Former Employee), El Paso, TXFebruary 24, 2014
A typical day at Carl's Jr is always hectic.. during lunch hours is when its the busiest..Management sucked!! people get away with things, nobody cares.. we were always low on personnel making it harder for us to operate well.. there was always drama!!
Nice environment.
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee), Napavine, WAFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: lunch on time, insurance, reward points, overtime is time and a half
Cons: clocked out late a lot
I really liked working there. It was a good first job. Management was alright; there were three assistant managers while I was there and two of them quit. Minors were always clocked out on time as well. Sometimes when we were short some workers things got crazy and that was difficult. The co-workers were awesome and most of them were very helpful. Those – more... in charge were also very good at making sure we always got out thirty-minute lunch. I learned how to be friendly at all times, even when a customer was frustrating me. I also learned how to deal with angry customers. – less
love the hours
Crew Member (Current Employee), Victorville, CAFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: n/a
i work any where beteen 4-5 hrs a day 6 days a week. i do the daily food preperation. including making fresh biscuits and also cleaning dishes and my work area.
Good start
Backline cook (Current Employee), chino, caFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: 50 percent off lunch
Good flexible job but horrible management. They cut your hours too much and management could be rude.
Fast-paced and high customer service.
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee), Ellensburg, WAFebruary 18, 2014
An average day for me here involved running both front counter cashiers and the drive thru windows. On occasion I would work in the kitchen producing quality foods.
Great place to work, great co-workers.
Cashier (Former Employee), Mammoth Lakes, CAJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: employee discount on lunch, friendly co-workers.
Cons: no health benefits
A typical day at work involved cash handling, counter, stocking the dinning room, and do custodial duties. I learned how to work with many different people and how to constantly smile, I enjoyed most of the management team,very friendly and polite. The job was not hard at all. The most enjoyable part was my co-workers and the customers.
Very small with a very small kitchen
Cook (Former Employee), Laguna Woods, CAJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: small workplace
Clock into work, wash my hands and start helping out during lunch rush.Once lunch rush was over we would start cleaning up and start prepping for the next day. There was only two cook so we would switch off. One would cook order while the other prepped. Once the prepping was done, we would break down the stations and clean. We would also wash dishes – more... can clean out the fryer.

I learned how to be work quick and accurate there.

Management was alright sometimes we wouldn't have the supplies we needed.

Co-workers were alright a lot of different people worked there.

Hardest part of the job was to keep up with the orders and get them out on time.

Enjoyable part of the job was that I actually got good hours thats about it. – less
carl's jr
Cashier, Carl's Jr (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: half off food
good place to learn multitasking. learned customer satisfaction. multi cultural experiance
Nice Friendly work enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 15, 2014
Good working environment where everyone got along. I liked all of my supervisors they were always there to help. the hardest part about the job was when there was a rush and you have to do your job in a timely matter while keeping excellent customer service.
Learning experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Lake Havasu City, AZJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: discounted meals, breaks, opportunity for raises
Cons: no upper management support
A typical day at this place was opening the restaurant, preparing money deposits and change orders, making sure everyone was prepared for the day. I learned that working fast food was hard work. Upper management at this establishment isn't very good. There is no support for advancement. I had to teach myself in order to advance. The hardest part of – more... this job was terminating a single mom. The most enjoyable part of this job was the customers. I loved seeing the regulars and being part of their lives. – less
fast pace and very proffesional
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Glendale, AZJanuary 10, 2014
we hardly made mistakes, every employee was nice, respectful, and clean.
had great milkshakes
Cashier (Former Employee), La Junta, COJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: got a discount on meals
Cons: long days
Placed food orders & handled customers' money. I learned that a lot of food gets wasted in restaurants. Made new friends there. Hardest part was working all day. Most enjoyable part was there was overtime sometimes.

1 2 3 4 5