Carl's Jr. Employee Reviews in United States

It was a good job while being a highschool student.
Carl's Jr (Former Employee) –  Moses Lake, WAJuly 22, 2016
I worked at carl's Jr. while I was in highschool. It was a good job at the time but I decided to go a different direction once I turned 18, because I had other options besides fast food. As I worked at Carl's Jr it helped me gain better customer service and become a fast learner.
Productive company with opportunities to grow professionally
SHIFT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Fillmore, CAJuly 18, 2016
In a typical day at my job I would have to use my observation skills in order to perform a good job. Since my title at this job is shift manager, I have to supervise my coworkers, the restaurant, and the food most importantly. the easiest part of this job is that each of my coworkers have their own duties, and my job is to supervise that they are doing their job just the way it had to be done. the hard part is that you never know how many customers are going to be going in the restaurant and how much food they are going to order, sometimes we get really bad rushes and I feel bad because every customer wants their food fast an hot but sometimes that's really hard.
Pros
discounts on food, paid vacations, health insurance
Cons
variable schedule, grave yard, holidays and weekend shifts
productive work days with good people
shift leader (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAJuly 17, 2016
a typical day at work for me was going around the store making sure everything was up to date, making sure all my employees were covered with their breaks on time, I did the back office paper work, & a daily deposit for the bank on the daily basis. I learned that management is as hard as you make it upon yourself, if you treat your employees with respect and care for what they do they help make your job a lot easier. The hardest part of the job would have to be helping cut employee hours during slow periods because I know they all work hard & deserve the best. The most enjoyable part of this job would have to be working with good people. The environment we built as a team was so positive we were able to confind in one another like a family.
Pros
woring with great employees
Cons
pay, healthcare, & benefits
Needed better pay with more hours
Cook (Former Employee) –  Guthrie, OKJuly 17, 2016
I cooked the food when it was ordered. Got along with my supervisors and co-workers. The environment was a fun atmosphere. We worked as team and got things completed on time and by our companies guidelines.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Horrible pay
Very uncomfortable setting.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTJuly 15, 2016
I enjoyed the work because I am a people person but all of the men in this location make you very uncomfortable. A lot of harassment to the point my husband wanted to me quit.
Pros
Work with the public
Cons
Male Harassment
Nice Place to work
Cook, Cleaning Team (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 15, 2016
Nice place to work, just that with time the Manager changed in a bad way. The crew is a great team to work with specially when there is communication with each other, but the Leaders sometimes take there position so far to were they end up losing all their team and have to hire more people
fast pace work environment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 13, 2016
it was great the people were nice and the job was relaxing the managers were great and treated the employees good the burgers were great
customers are very sweet
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 12, 2016
On Sundays it would there be no one there so i would have to leave early. The co workers are very nice and friendly, they make you feel at home. the manager is hardly ever there and when she is she doesn't do anything but sit in the back.
Pros
I love the people there, they are so sweet and nice
Cons
I never had enough hours and it was very had to move up in the business
fast paced environment with litte to no promotions
Cook (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 11, 2016
Taking orders and excelling in the eyes of your supervisors, you will see very little interest from management to improve. However you do not start at minimum wage and you can get many hours if you choose to.
Most everyone who works there is very nice.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMJuly 10, 2016
My co-workers are good people, and there is no drama here. But like any fast- food work-place it can be stressful and customers can be rude.

Want to know more about Carl's Jr.?

Ask a question
Fun and a relaxed place to work at.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  La Habra, CAJuly 9, 2016
At Carls, i would first open a register and count the total, to make sure there was $75. Then throughout the day I would provide excellent service and give customers a great experience
I LOVED working for MIH
Drive Thru Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 7, 2016
Carl's Jr was my first job and they treated me amazingly. When working for them If felt I was in a family environment with people I could trust. If I was not forced to relocate, I would still be working for them today. I did not like to clean toilets or scrub floors but with MIH, I did not have to for very long because I quickly ascended to where I wanted to be as a Cashier.
Pros
Awesome work environment
Cons
really bad restrooms
Fast Paced, Welcoming Environment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 6, 2016
Pretty straight forward, learned more about stocking and unloading a truck and customer service. Management was very encouraging and friendly, Co workers were easy going and not alot of personal problems regarding problems with customers or management, the hardest part of the job would be the rushes and little technological problems, Best part of job would be the people and the atmosphere of the restaurant.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
No Benefits
FUN job
asst. shift leader (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJuly 3, 2016
Even though this was a fast food job, it really was one of the funnest jobs i've had so far. I loved meeting new people as well as seeing the locals come in day-to-day. As i progressed the job got easier and easier. i made great friendships and gain good communication skills.
Hardest part of the job was really just getting used to the computers to take orders and working at a fast pace. After that it was super fun!
productive and organized work place
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 3, 2016
A typical day at work would be busy. As long as i am focused and staying on top of everything the days goes well and smooth. Time goes by very fast and i never have problems for the most part.
good for high school students
Shift Leader/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 29, 2016
this is not a good job at all for people trying to actually make a living. Good for high school students trying to make some extra cash.
Pros
work experience
Cons
weak wages and hours
Professional
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJune 27, 2016
A typical day in the fast food department is never typical, being that it is fast paced. I enjoyed my time at Carl's J.R. The teams i would work with were great and willing to work which made everyday smooth.
Pros
work availability
Cons
job security
Productive and fast paced
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAJune 22, 2016
Great Job to have for someone just out of high school. It is a fast paced environment. I did enjoy always keeping busy. My day never dragged working here.
producitve
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 21, 2016
a typical day at work would be opening the store, counting registers, doing daily paper work depositing daily deposits, managing employees cookeda nd prepared food to company standards. answering phone calls and solving problems. counting inventory and giving interviews to future employees
Under bad managment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  1404 SE 164th Ave, Vancouver, WA 98683June 20, 2016
The manager at the 164th Vancouver WA location creates a hostile work environment and harasses the employees. It was pretty decent besides that. Because of the manager, a lot of people quit on the spot or decide not to show up, and then you have to cover someone's shift. A typical day at work would be serving food and completing various tasks assigned through out the day, such as stocking napkin holders and cleaning windows. You must complete all tasks assigned before your shift is over, while continuing to serve guests with great customer service. I learned that not every work environment is perfect and that there will be bad days, but you just have to muscle through it and put a smile on your face. A great first job, maybe at another location.
Pros
50% discount on your lunch
Cons
Manager is hostile

2.9