Carl's Jr. Employee Reviews in United States

productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Arroyo Grande, CAApril 27, 2016
it was a fun experience, this was my first job and I learned a lot from this job. it is not the best job but it is also not the worst.
Pros
interact with other employees
Cons
part time job
The lunch rush
Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 25, 2016
open the store and check registers and issue out key.
Work with team members to fill food orders and keep clean while running food to customer at a steady pace.
Review for Carls Jr.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  3350 S Mooney Blvd Visalia, CAApril 25, 2016
I learned a lot working there for a little over a year. I learned cash handling, excellent customer service, stocking merchandise, etc. Most of the co-workers were amazing. Some of the harder things was we were always short merchandise which wouldn't put customers in the best mood. What i enjoyed the most was helping the customers and seeing the ones that remembered me.
Pros
Most of the co-workers were really nice and at times the store was very organized.
Cons
When the shift leaders were stressed they took it out on the crew members.
First job I ever had.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAApril 24, 2016
As my first job it was an interesting experience. I learned a lot, such as how fries are made and how to use the register. I worked hard and was taught about things that I didn't know how to do. However, they didn't give me enough hours or days. There were also things that I still needed help in that they didn't teach me very well.
Pros
Friendly, learned a lot, good experience
Cons
Not enough time given, fastpace, not given enough time to learn certain things
Workplace like a family
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 23, 2016
When I first started my job at Carl's Jr., I was a cashier learning the basic skills on customer service and doing my best to get along with the people working in that company. It was hard at first since I keep making mistakes at work but it's ok because mistakes make me understand my job better. It took me six months to learn and do my job right. My co-worker were nice and kind to help me learn the process and get through the hard parts. It's like a second family that is there to help support me .
Pros
close relation with co-worker
Cons
no free food for employees
very easygoing co-workers, supervisors and mangment
CASHIER/CUSTOMER SERVICE, COOK (Former Employee) –  South El Monte, CAApril 23, 2016
A typical day at work would consist of preparing orders, assisting co-workers, washing dishes and taking out garbage.
I learned to be patient, more concentrated with my work and how to interact with co-workers efficiently.
The hardest part on the job was to make the orders on a very busy day.
Pros
discounted lunch
Cons
inadequate pay
Productive workplace
Crew Person (Former Employee) –  Kent, WA 98042April 22, 2016
The people were great, though some slackers were inevitable. Customers were nice and the work was a competitive fast pace objective. I learned my communication skills here, where I first broke out of my "shell".
Pros
Free lunches
Fast Food Establishment
SHIFT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAApril 21, 2016
The qualifications for Shift Manager job position requires applicants to be hard working and result oriented and they must be able to place primary importance in delivering excellent customer service. Shift managers must also understand all sanitation – related issues and must take all the necessary precautions to ensure that food preparation and handling are conducted based on the company’s standards and policies. Apart from this, one of the most important roles of Shift Managers is to be able to strictly adhere to the company’s scheduling and attendance requirements and make sure that every shift works out perfectly.
Fun, fast-paced workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAApril 18, 2016
A typical day for me at work, I would come in and immediately start working at drive thru. I learned how to work fast, and efficiently, as well as dealing with all types of customers with kindness and a smile.
Pros
50% discount
all tasks are timed. efficient service
cashier (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAApril 18, 2016
part time unless you are a team leader. there is chance of advancement. all food preparation is timed and customer service is scripted. drive thru is strictly timed. very clean atmosphere. f
Pros
discounts. different positions available
Cons
the smell of food sticks to your uniform
Carl's Jr
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXApril 14, 2016
This was my first job and I enjoyed the experience but I prefer not to work fast food again. The management was really helpful and informative. I learned how to deal with money, customers and handle food.
Very productive
Manager (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 14, 2016
Typical day at work is showing up and doing your assigned job the manager gives you along with what you see that needs to be done and not told to do. Learned how to work as a team fast and efficiently. Management is awesome to work with, they know what you need and how to get it to you. Co-workers depending on them, can get ridiculous and funny as long as you get along most of the time. There is no hard part about the job. The most enjoyable is spending time with great people and getting it done right and fast.
Pros
Half hour lunch
Not the job for me
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAApril 12, 2016
Carls jr was a very different position of job for me. Everyone was so rude to me, the workers would always talk about me not knowing im fluent in spanish.
Gym at work, but Benefits, Salary and Work environment not so great.
General Ledger Analyst (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 10, 2016
I have worked in three different departments in last 9 years. Very supportive co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job is gym at work with trainer,
Pros
Gym at work
Cons
Benefits, Salary and Work environment not so great.
Good Food , Bit Pricey Though, But They Do Have A Cool App
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Duncan, OKApril 7, 2016
A typical day of work would start by me clocking in and Counting my register. I learned how be more patient with customers. Management was alright but not to my standards if it were my business. The co-workers there were friendly little bit two faced though. The workers were really only focused on a task because they benefited from it usually. The hardest part of the job would probably have to be memorizing all the different ingredients that goes into everything. Honestly the most enjoyable part of the job was to cleaning stocking and getting to see and meet all kind of different people.
Pros
New Faces Frequently
Cons
Short Breaks, Slacking co-workers
A lot of work
Cashier, helped cook, drive­thru (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORApril 3, 2016
A typical day was very busy. Many of the people in management and co-workers changed a lot. Some people didn't stay long. Hardest part of the job was the lunch rush and when we were under staffed. The most enjoyable part was meeting all of the different people and giving people all their food.
Fast Pace setting
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 3, 2016
Customers loved our customer service, and recognized us. Management wanted us to work at our best and pushed us to achieve the stores goal.
experience at Carl's
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAApril 1, 2016
a typical day at work would be having a positive attitude going into work, and maintaining a positive attitude to give towards a customer/guest and allowing the person to feel welcomed. throughout my experience at Carl's Jr i have learned that it is always best to give a positive attitude and making them feel welcomed to make sure that the customer wants to come a second time. although i did not talk to my co-workers that often i learned to keep a professional work area for myself. for example, focusing on my work more then building a friendship with a coworker. the hardest thing about the job was maybe learning certain things for the first time, such as when i was training. the most enjoyable part of my job there was not having problems with the people i worked with and giving such great customer service.
Pros
getting along with others
Cons
breaks
Fun fast pace
Crew Member (Productions) (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAMarch 30, 2016
It was good work experience. It was fun learning how to cook the burgers and prepare them an properly wrapping the food to go. I enjoyed working if another co-worker calls in I am always available to fill in for those hours. I enjoy being of service. Strive at being a dependable reliable employee .
Pros
Had to buy your own lunch
Cons
Not all co-workers are helpful to new tainees
entry level
Fry Cook (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, ORMarch 30, 2016
Point of carls jr was too work and the environment was nice but not many hours, and the level of group work with coworkers made it not enjoyable. work wasnt bad on its own.
Pros
discounts and good food
Cons
Coworkers, otherwise great