Carl's Jr. Employee Reviews

Horrible management
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Baldwin Park, CAApril 5, 2017
Belittling of employees, constant speaking of a different language to employees and customers and lack of book knowledge of rules and regulations. Punishments for people who use their sick days and other reasons.
Starter Job
Team Member/Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAApril 5, 2017
Fast paced work and on the job training is a must. It is somewhere to start, but advancement is based solely off of who can work the most hours there.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Short breaks, long hours.
productive and fast paced working area
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 5, 2017
cashier in a fast paced working area sometimes i would cook and take care of customers all by myself at the moment i dont work there because i moved to a different location but overall the place was fair in advance
Pros
discounts on meals
Cons
lack of teamwork
Productiive
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 4, 2017
A typical day would be cleaning and taking out customers orders. The hardest part of my day will be dealing with homeless people sleeping in the dining room, trying to give you a hard time about getting unpaid for soda, digging in the trash can leaving a mess, barricading themselves in the restrooms, and trying to get free food. The work place is not really diverse all the staff is Latino with only two black workers one them being me. The coworkers are all extremely friendly and do not cause problems towards one another.
Fast Food
Fast Food Service Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Marysville, CAApril 4, 2017
Typical fast food type of job. You are taught to do pretty much everything, and expected to be able to do it all fast, instead of being left where you are the fastest at.
Quick paced and a bit demanding
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAApril 3, 2017
The job its self can be crazy. The crew works well together but when we have to keep up with the near impossible time requirements, it can become quite stressfull.
Pros
good crew
Cons
impossible work times
Good first job to have
Crew Person; Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAApril 3, 2017
A typical day for me at Carl's Jr. would consist of me coming in as the closing manager, getting through the dinner rush, and then having to close down the store. I learned how to become a hard worker and how to always be a near perfectionist on leaving a nice and clean store for the morning manager to come in the next day. Management was okay, I got along with my manager but when things got busy, she became very impatient with many of the workers. It taught me how to keep my patience and not to become aggressive when the lead time at our job is going at a much slower pace. The culture could be very hostile at times, especially for people that had worked there for a long period of time against those that were hired on as part time workers. The hardest part of the job was to manage all the personalities and egos carried by some of the workers. The most enjoyable part of the job was when the restaurant was not busy and everyone had down time, people were very fun to get along with.
Pros
co-workers, schedule, discounts
Cons
short breaks, no benefits, always changing job procedures
Great place to work at!!
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXApril 2, 2017
Carl's Jr. was one of my favorite jobs. I still had time to all the things i loved after work. the staff was friendly. Everyone did their part and i never had any problems with any employee or manager. The food was delicious as well.
Pros
Discount on great food, almost free. Great crew.
Cons
hourly pay was only $7.75 an hour, but in Texas was able to stretch that.
It's great, but everything has a downfall
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 2, 2017
Carl's Jr. To me is an amazing company to work for. The only problem I have with it is that I personally and other people only work 1-2 days 3-5 hour shifts, so we don't get paid much.
Worked cashier and drive thru
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Marysville, CAMarch 31, 2017
I worked with customers all day. I worked drive thru headset and cash register up front. Whenever I had spare time, I would clean up the lobby or restock what ever is needed for whenever it gets busy.
Pros
50% off work while working
Cons
Fun place to work good for someone starting out
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAMarch 31, 2017
I loved working here. I did all paperwork trained new employees I worked in the food line and handled all the money.
I moved on because I needed to expand my work expirence
Ability to work as individual or group.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMarch 31, 2017
A normal work day would be to mop, sweep, clean tables, wash dishes, take out trash, serve complete training hours and closing hours. I learned how to take position as a cashier and follow directions. The workplace maintains respect and has great communication skills. The hardest part of the job was the general clean up because duties are needed at all times. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with fellow employees.
Productive and fast paced
Prep cook/Line cook (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 30, 2017
It had a really responsible crew, if one of the employees finished a task quickly they would look around to see what they could do or help others if they were a bit delayed on their work.
Pros
Everyone was friendly and helpful
Cons
Too liitle people on the line on super busy days
First real job
Cashier/Cook/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 30, 2017
Working with Carl's Jr employees was great at one point in time until you are offered a promotion, then everyone dislikes you. Guess that's the fast food business life for you. I learned a lot and gained some great experiences while there and the customer service part of it was the best.
Pros
discounted meals
Cons
poor salary raise
Good training ethics
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 28, 2017
Ensured breakfast was ready for opening
Placed A's in the correct place
Deposits
Labor control
Food cost control
Cleaning
Placements of the orders
Proper pars
Could have been better
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTMarch 27, 2017
It wasn't a bad job when I started there. Then when I changed locations, there were issues, mainly with favoritism, harassment, & scheduling. Maybe the changes they made prior to my resignation, will make these locations thrive more.
Friendly Staff
CASHIER AND DRIVE-THRU (Current Employee) –  Hemet Valley, CAMarch 26, 2017
My experience at this work place, for the last year, has been helpful. We deal with alot of people daily.Some of the people we attend are very friendly or very angry and rude. My co-workers and I make a great team when we work together. Team work is what makes our good easier and run smoothly. Managenment is very nice, she will work with your schedule.
Pros
discounts, weekly free meal
Cons
short breaks
I don't like the management system, you constantly are being rushed for everything and I get treated poorly
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZMarch 26, 2017
I have worked for Carl's Jr. for over 2 years now and the business have gone from bad to worse. I don't get breaks and the manager is ridiculous telling me to always ditch school to work.
Cons
No Breaks, Bad Management
Fast paced food enviornment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chehalis, WAMarch 25, 2017
This was a strictly customer service job with food prep and a lot of cleaning. People were really nice most of the time with an occasional grumpy customer but theres nothing a free burger cant fix. Management was ok not great.
Friendy & Hardworking
Fast Food Cook (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ORMarch 24, 2017
The staff and management are all super friendly. The hours weren't too good though. If it wasn't for the lack of hours i definitely would have stayed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carl's Jr.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9