Carl's Jr. Employee Reviews in United States

entry level
Fry Cook (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, ORMarch 30, 2016
Point of carls jr was too work and the environment was nice but not many hours, and the level of group work with coworkers made it not enjoyable. work wasnt bad on its own.
Pros
discounts and good food
Cons
Coworkers, otherwise great
Great first job but not much to do
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAMarch 28, 2016
Being a cashier at Carl's Jr was great starting point. The hardest part of the job was the transportation unless you live in within a 5 mile radius of HWY 111 it is very hard to deal with traffic.
Fun Workplace to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Newhall, CAMarch 24, 2016
Very comfortable place to work. Excellent workers. Great Team Work.If I could go back to this store I would go back. Keep up the great work.
productive
COOK/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Monterey Park, CAMarch 22, 2016
was a nice environment to be at, it was a great experience. co workers, supervisors and manager were very nice. i learned how to work with others better.
Work not worth the pay
Cashier and Greeter (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 20, 2016
The job was stressful. Scripting was the worse. People did not want to hear our suggestions, and the worst was that the script would change very often.
Fun
Cook (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WAMarch 18, 2016
I enjoyed working at Carls Jr. They don't give enough hours, that is the only draw back. The food is great. My co-workers were not the best to be around.
Pros
good food
Cons
not enough working hours
Very busy enviroment
Crew, Cook, and Prep Work (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAMarch 18, 2016
A night shift at Carl's Jr basically was prepping food for next shifts and afternoon shifts. Cleaning and sanitizing work area. Preparing food as orders were taken in a fast paced environment.
Pros
8 hour shifts
Cons
Only gave two days to work out of one week
Management was terrible
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 14, 2016
A typical day at work was taking orders, cleaning, and stocking. I learned drive thru was a terrible things to do. Management was awful and unfriendly. The most enjoyable part of the job was front register taking peoples orders.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Poor shift leaders
This is a place of Hard work.
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAMarch 13, 2016
This job was very hard, and made me want to quit. But I made sure I stayed to finish what I started. I started out as a cashier, and later came out as a Shift Leader. This place was located in Torrance.
Poor
Cook (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMarch 11, 2016
I really don't have anything to say about this place other then it has good food, and that it is a bit pricey. The management at the time was not good, because I asked her to give me more hours or days, and she wouldn't.
fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 7, 2016
I worked night shift, so I started by washing my hands and prepping the food id need for the night. I would clean and stock what I needed to. I took orders and worked with a point of sale system
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no health care
Very Busy
Crew Member/Cook (Former Employee) –  Sun Valley, CAMarch 5, 2016
My experience at Carl's Jr was great..We do get very busy during lunch hour. Carl's Jr is a fast paced environment if you are used to working quick then apply here.
Pros
50% of food, Free Drinks
Cons
Low Hours
ok job for a young teen
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Yorba Linda, CA 92886March 2, 2016
Very good job to start at when a teen. Very fast pace and teaches teens to multi task. Works with the schedule and always gives more hours when needed.
Pros
flexiable hours
Cons
pay
busy
cashier (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CAMarch 1, 2016
A typical day at work usually involves taking orders, cleaning, restocking, and taking out trash. I learned time management at this job. The management is pretty decent with a few exceptions. The co-workers seem to keep to themselves. The hardest part of this job is having to multi-task so many activities in one sitting. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with others.
Pros
food discounts
Cons
high expectations
First job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stevenson Ranch, CAMarch 1, 2016
For a first job it was a good place to work. Working here i learned basic customer service skills and learned how to use a cash register and operate sales.
Like any other First Jobs ever
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 28, 2016
A typical day of work is alright. The work itself isn't hard at all. I would say that the most difficult part of it is my boss and some customers. I got paid minimum wage and the location isn't far from home. I get along with most of my co workers, some of them spoke little English so communication with them was limited. Our work is very time sensitive so the supervisors and managers are quite intense and pressure you a lot. It's my first job so I'm not expecting much.
Fun place to work during school.
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Moore, OKFebruary 28, 2016
Easy and fun place for a young person new to the working age. Nice coworkers and management. Low pay which is to be expected for entry level fast food job. 50/50 on mediocre and rude customers.
Pros
Very easy, Nice coworkers, Very flexible hours, Free food sometimes.
Cons
Low pay, Rude customers, Sometimes gross workplace.
work place
Food Maker/cashier assistant (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CAFebruary 26, 2016
Working at Carls Jr is ok its stressful at times it can get really busy. Management is ok busy mostly is never in the store.
Pros
free lunch once a week
Cons
management isnt fair to there employees
Productive and smooth flowing work place
Team member (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 25, 2016
A typical day at work involved correctly operating the point of sale system to ensure customers orders flowed quickly and accurately. I learned how to operate a headset and work a drive thru. My co-workers were very enjoyable and helpful.
Great positive environment
Cashier/team leader (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CAFebruary 25, 2016
A typical day at work was always a good one. I always arrived to work with a positive attitude. I learned how to serve customers with quality accurate service. I learned how to become a better multi-tasker. I also learned how to be a team leader and help my co-workers with whatever they needed.
Pros
good employee discount
Cons
no cons