Carl's Jr. Employee Reviews

my position
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Roseburg, ORDecember 25, 2017
I was the person in charge of store operations on a daily basis. employee scheduling, cash handling, inventory, quality control I worked as the General manager of the restaurant.
Stressful and demanding
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CADecember 24, 2017
A typical day of work consisted of doing the same thing everyday, tending to your duties as quickly as possible. It was relatively busy almost everyday. Management was really adament about being face paced and the worst thing about the job was the drive thru, which really pressured the cooks and cashiers to work twice as hard, which I think was a bad practice. Some of things I’ve learned is how rude and impatient people can be, but I’ve also learned how to deal with them. The most enjoyable part of the job has to be the people I worked with, they were great people.
Pros
Cons
Had to pay for your food, demanding, often have to deal with inconsiderate customers
Carls
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA 90045December 23, 2017
It was nice and smooth just the lack of hours was the thing that drove me to quit and seek a new job. The manager was very helpful and understanding but they just randomly cut people's hours and it was a mess.
Fast paced,
Cook (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXDecember 23, 2017
It has its pros and cons but overall its a fun place to work. It is a fast paced and very competitive environment and the people there are fantastic and friendly.
A very fast-paced environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CADecember 22, 2017
I really had fun working here since you do have a secure job but there are no benefits and no opportunities to be promoted, after all, it is the fast food industry so I did not expect this to have a good salary. Very friendly people which I enjoyed working with and I do think it's a good job for students wanting to make some cash while they get through their school years.
Pros
Discounts
Relaxing as long as you do your job correctly
Cashier and Team Member (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CADecember 21, 2017
If you are a student-worker they will give you 20hours a week or less and will call you in when it gets the most busiest. There is a lack of training in which they just throw you into the position therefore you need to be self taught. Once you have adapted to the position and your responsibilities then it becomes a relaxed job.
Pros
Discounted Lunches
Cons
Short Breaks, Little to no hours
easy job
Cook (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 20, 2017
job was as easy as any fast food place
i worked as a cook so never had to deal with anyone other than workers
hardest part about my job was not having a set schedule and working odd hours everyday
Decent starter job
Shift Leader/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Rohnert Park, CADecember 20, 2017
This work environment is a decent place as a starter job, but not a keen one if one wishes to advance their career and grow beyond working as a cashier or a cook. While the management does have its perks, overall it is not a place where much advancement can happen without a toll on ones self. It is ideal for teenagers fresh out of high school, or still enrolled, but not someone deeply involved in their own personal life or who has family commitments. I have learned quite a bit here, however, which I am grateful for - I can manage a shift properly, overview a work place, manage breaks, and count money/close out drawers expertly. The most enjoyable part of my job here is the people I work with, while the hardest part is the management.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Scheduling against availability
fast paced
Cashier/Cook/Server (Former Employee) –  Redding, CADecember 19, 2017
Part time job that worked with me on schedules. Fast paced environment with friendly staff.
Down part of the job is there was no career advancement or raises.
Most days are quick going but was a relief when lunch and dinner rushes were slowed down.
Great atmosphere
Crew Member (Cashier/Cook) (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 17, 2017
I really liked working here, the atmosphere was great. Everybody got along, had to resign due to distance and transportation issues. Otherwise I would've stayed.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Distance

Want to know more about Carl's Jr.?

Ask a question
The job was quick paced, but was not handled so well by others.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Weatherford, OKDecember 16, 2017
Whenever I started working at Carl's Jr. the job felt easy and peaceful at first, but a series of unnecessary drama occurred, which was especially common during the morning shifts. As the business there started to noticeably grow, we are now required to stay open an extra hour, regardless of declining business in the late hours of the night, but corporate said that no matter the labor, closing early was no where near being an option. However, this was my first job and I treated it like something I can easily mess with, but I also remembered how much I needed this job, so I treated the job, my co-workers, and most of all, my customers with the respect they deserve for bearing with me and the pace of the job.
Pros
Discounts, team-based interaction
Cons
Rapid grease build-up on body, dramatic interaction of co-workers
Fun work place
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 16, 2017
Good place to start off at for a first job but make sure to pick which one you want to work for.
And as long as you stay positive and work extremely hard you can go far at this job.
Pros
Discount meals
Cons
Breaks
Good Place to start out
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Apple Valley, CADecember 15, 2017
Carls,is a good company to start out in, but the advancement past Shift Manager is difficult to acquire, no matter how many times you have been told you are a good fit or that you would belong in a higher position. It is the only downside I have seen being with this company, is that once you hit a shift, you plateau.
Manager racist and disrespectful
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CADecember 15, 2017
Management is awful, disrespectful, racist, and not willing to pay on time. Hardest part of the job was trying to beg for hours, and the most enjoyable was calling hr to come in and handle what the manager couldnt.
Pros
Cons
Not payed on time
Fast food places suck
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVDecember 15, 2017
It's great for a first job, or an inbetween while looking for other jobs, but is not meant to be a full time career by any means of course. This specifical location had a terrible manager, and location was less than great itself. But sometimes there was a little bit of slow time with no customers. They also made me cover up my one tattoo on my arm when 4 other employees were not questioned about their multiple tattoos, which really irritated me.
Pros
Down time
Cons
manager, made up rules
Fast pace work environment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulare, CADecember 15, 2017
A typical day at work was coming in at about 9am doing the deposit, work on the schedule and converse and help the Shift Leader. I learned how to train, develop, interview, hire, schedule and basically most of my Management Skills. Workplace Culture was somewhat diverse. The hardest part of my job was just being the ultimate person in charge of everything. However, I am older now and can deal with the stress of Management better now. The most enjoyable part of my job was training new employees in different states at new Carl's Jrs.
Pros
Advancement, Great Salary and Awesome training.
Cons
Fast pace and stressful at times.
Fast Food
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CADecember 14, 2017
Hardest part of the job was giving customers their orders as fast as possible. Very fast paced environment. For the most part, working at Carl's was good experience as a beginner job.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 13, 2017
I like the fast pace and good customer service we provide good customers service with a smile a fun and productive work place. a place where the customers can feel the caring we put into our service
fast paced
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CADecember 12, 2017
Working at carls jr was always fast paced, definitely were kept busy at all times with either guest service or cleaning duties. also a good place to work at when going to school, very flexible with school schedules.
Great place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 12, 2017
It was a great job to started out in the job market they paid great they teach you how to work a cash register and how to interact with people and how to make food