Carl's Jr. Employee Reviews

Awful Managment and terrible adjustment to schedules.
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Upland, CAJanuary 16, 2018
Would not recommend to anyone not willing to bust their tail all the time. Lazy workers, lazy managers, so if you're the one working it's only you. Only plus is nice people to work with, for the most part.
fast paced and busy environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 16, 2018
Working at Carls Jr. was a good way to explore the fast food industry for me. I was able to feel the fast paced environment and manage my responsibilities throughout.
Fast paced workplace, stressful but fun
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grass Valley, CAJanuary 16, 2018
Very quick paced work, and with quick paced comes stress. Although stressful i enjoyed the enviroment because it motivated me to work harder. Coworkers and supervisors were great. Would recommend to someone else.
Pros
Great coworkers, and quality
Cons
Not enough hours sometimes
ITS FAST FOOD: What do you expect?
Cook, Cashier and Drive (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAJanuary 16, 2018
This is definitely a first job for people, helps out with experience in customer service and that's about it. I enjoyed what little time I spent there when I was young, but I would never go back.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Everything else
Typical fast-food restaurant
Crew Member/ Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Sand Springs, OK 74063January 16, 2018
Was my very first job, fast paced taught me a lot I know today as in communication with customers/work employees management did need some work. Just have to be a hard worker
Well managed.
Restaurant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJanuary 15, 2018
9 to 10 hours per day. Learned a lot about managing restaurant and the day to day operations. Also learned to control food cost and labor cost and how to maximize the bottom line.
Productive , sometimes slow and sometimes fast.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CA 92705January 15, 2018
I would go into work, I was a cashier, so I would take the orders. At the end of my shift I always clean the restrooms. My hours are unfair and that is one reason why I am planning to quit.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks
busy
Cook (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZJanuary 15, 2018
it was an alright job but i did learn how to work a fast paced job and learned how to get things done in a timely fashion and how to work hard in a fast food job
okay job
Cook (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAJanuary 15, 2018
The job is a good starting job once you just graduate. They do not have any benefits. They don't really give you a raise. You do get a discount when buying food there.
worst place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 14, 2018
in my opinion I would not recommend this job to anyone. although if you are 15 or just looking for quick work or your first job this would be great. I just don't like to work at fast food places.
Pros
good service experince

Want to know more about Carl's Jr.?

Ask a question
Work place is not up to standards
Cashier (Current Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAJanuary 13, 2018
Some of the workers are lazy and the customers are disrespectful. The food is overpriced and security was taken out but helps out on occasions. The food is good though.
Pros
Discounted or free food
Cons
Little or no brakes
Unprofessional and Chaotic
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAJanuary 12, 2018
Since I was hired the first month, everything was fine, until months pass. I kept being on call, the schedule wasn't made on time, other employees were extremely rude to me and are lazy when it came to paying attention to their work fully. The employer was very unfair, dishonest, and discriminate towards me whenever I ask for clarifications or why I am not getting enough hours as others in my work have. Thus, makes my job experience very limited due to the fact I have am not being worked at this establishment enough.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Discriminative, less pay, less hours
my time at carls jr
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Ontario, ORJanuary 12, 2018
I love working there because I know what needs to be done but I don't see myself advancing at carls jr. I love working with the crew and the customers but I am tired of working fast food and would like a new career
Pros
work with good people
Cons
no health coverage, vacation, or benefits
Rude management but friendly coworkers.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ceres, CAJanuary 11, 2018
The manager is very rude and disrespectful. The only plus side about working here was besides my manager my coworkers are super friendly. Although, there is always drama going on it's as if I never left high school. Also, my manager rips the customers off in order for (them) to get a higher bonus.
Pros
Very clean, friendly employees, and flexible schedule
Cons
Rude managers, ripping customers off, and manager tries benefiting herself
Very productive and always busy.
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  El Monte, CAJanuary 11, 2018
Carl's jr is great place to work in because you get to learn many things such as being a cook, working the cashier, and a little management skill. It is a busy workplace but you defiantly get all the training you need to achieve great customer service.
Great company
line cook (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTJanuary 11, 2018
Great company to work for.manager was awful to work for. Refuse to work at that specific one again. Work place allowed advancement but slow. Fast paced and stressful at times. Manager shouldn't be allowed.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Poor manager
Slow
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Pinole, CAJanuary 11, 2018
I company it self was slow n dirty and there was no help with front end or drive thru when we was busy. The manager or assitant manager never helped or came to see if we needed anything just sat in the office
Pros
Discount of lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Horrible experience for me personally.
Charbroil Cook (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 11, 2018
I liked my job at Carl's Jr. initially, I enjoyed the management team for the most part, my coworkers, and everything was pretty fine. However, I was not respected by the store manager; he neglected to train me, he literally put my position on pause and had someone else doing it when I came back three days later to see what was going on, and I was very frustrated at him.
Pros
free food
Cons
almost no breaks, questionable practices.
horrible
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  North Highlands, CAJanuary 10, 2018
stay away from this place, horrible place to work. the management is terrible and dont really care about the employees. always understaffed no matter how many employees work there.
Fast paced, Team work environment
HOSPITALITY LEADER (Former Employee) –  Winchester, CAJanuary 10, 2018
Good place to start out with for a first job. Lack of employees so it made tasks a little more challenging to keep up with (understaffed). Management at the time i was there was very uplifting, positive, and helpful. The hardest part of the job was too many tasks to do for one person at a time due to being understaffed. The most enjoyable part of working there was getting to know people and creating a team with them.
Pros
Free lunches, discounts