Carl's Jr. Employee Reviews

It wasn't the best work place
Cashier/ Drive (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 26, 2015
Over all it was the worst job I've held, the manager at the time was very mean and seemed to always be negative towards most employees.
Cons
Bad management
Good company to work for.
Cook (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 26, 2015
At the start of every shift i would greet my co-workers and manager. I would ask the manager if there was anything I needed to know before i started my shift. I learned to work in a team with my co-workers and follow instructions of my manager. I got a long well with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was when we had big groups coming in at once but I liked the challenge. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching that the customers where happy with their orders.
Pros
Free lunches.
Cons
No health care.
fast food
Cook (Former Employee) –  Yucca Valley, CAOctober 26, 2015
Its a fast moving environment that taught me accuracy of the order at a fast pace establishment.coworkers are great to work with and we all help out one another if needing help.the hardest part is to try to keep up with lunch hour orders.the enjoyable part is to learn how to make different foods that i never knew how to make.
Pros
good pay, free drinks and food
Cons
short breaks
Great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 26, 2015
Everyone was friendly and open, got the job done on time and everyone worked as a team. Working with a group of people is always better to get the job done with great communication.
Good learning experience
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAOctober 25, 2015
Co-workers were easier to work with, friendly and happy to help.
Management was very friendly as well and flexible with hours.
Learned to stock, clean, customer service, and briefly order inventory. The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendly atmosphere and meeting new people. The hardest part of the job was having to constantly cover shifts when others quit, were tardy, or didn't show up to work. Ultimately the job did not offer enough pay or benefits to compel me to stay.
Pros
Discount on food, friendly people, experience in customer service
Cons
No benefits, paid time off, or sick days; minimum wage, shifts were always subject to change
ideal high school job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  queen creek AZOctober 25, 2015
typical day at work consists of handling payments, handling orders and maintaining work station cleanliness. management is not the greatest but of course varies from location.
Just like any fast food restaurant I know of.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 24, 2015
The goal is to get the job done and treat their guests with respect. Great and well ran store, but management could use help. Had trouble keeping up with schedules and the communication was very off.
Pros
Great food, great envrironment.
Cons
Unexperienced team members, bad management.
Good learning experience for entry level job seekers.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 20, 2015
Difficult to learn how to cook at first, but after a little persistence, it becomes easier to manage. Required to operate very fast and gets stressful during rush hours, but still nothing too difficult to handle. Also required to help others when needed (e.g. stocking taking out the trash, washing dishes.) which gives you skills to multitask quickly and useful for real life experience. Isn't worth the pay for how much you are required to do. Although working as a cook doesn't require a lot of customer service, working as a cashier does and is a good learning experience.
Pros
50% off on food
Cons
not worth the pay for how much you are required to do.
Productive place to work
Cashier / Crew member (Former Employee) –  Henet CAOctober 20, 2015
Work days were steady and good. I learned how to use a cash register, do drive thru, & to communicate effectively with the guests.
Management was organized and supportive.
Co workers were professional & welcoming. Hardest part was rush hour in drive thru, but that is expected with a big known company such as Carl's Jr. The most enjoyable part was helping and serving customers in dine.
Pros
One free meal per week, 50% employee discount.
Cons
Never set schedule.
productive
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  anchorage akOctober 14, 2015
. My coworkers were all nice, sometimes not very helpful, supportive, and other times lacking in motivation. The hardest part of my job, would still have to be the customers. The most enjoyable part of my job would have to be the other employees.
Carls jr was awesome
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calimesa, CAOctober 12, 2015
I enjoyed the atmosphere it was a great company and very great food ! the workers and supervisor I felt needs to be trained and much more understanding and fair!
Fun, fast paced workplace.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Diamond Bar, CAOctober 12, 2015
It was a nice experience. Very relaxed and friendly manager and assistant manager, yet still very professional and driven to make things work correctly. The most fun part for me was when my manager and I would make conversation during the shift and talk about personal life. My co-workers were also very nice when I was working with them. Part-time and got maybe a couple days at the beginning and only maybe 4-6 hours a week at the end. But the location was closing and also it's fast food, so not really complaining on that part. All in all it was a welcoming place to work.
Pros
Free drinks, Nice manager, Nice co-workers, Lower prices on food.
Cons
Bad at letting me know when I would be working(E.g. A day or sometimes a couple hours beforehand)
fun workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COOctober 7, 2015
Good work environment. Such a great big company. Got to met a lot of great people. My team work gets along so well. I was able to become a shift leader. Always worked with my scheduled when I went to college. Learn how to interact with people. Made me a more social person and less shy.
Pros
50% off lunch
Cons
short break, not enough hours
Always a productive environment
Customer Service/Cook (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 7, 2015
I learned to be more fast paced by using strategies to take out orders as fast as possible. Also, had to deal with a customers always being rude.
bad bad bad
Team members (Former Employee) –  medford oregonOctober 7, 2015
The general manager was amazing, as well as most the crew. Two shift leaders were very messed up - purposely setting multiple employees up as if they "quit" but in reality, told them to leave.
decent hours
Crew Person (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKOctober 5, 2015
I had decent hours but the boss was a jerk and i dreaded going to work. Too many high schoolers that were weed smokers and didnt care too much about the job just there for the experience and if they got fired who cared cause they were still living at home and didnt really need the money too much
Repetitive, dull work.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 5, 2015
You work hard every day with no room for advancement or raises. I work with people who have been there for 15 years and they make 25 cents more than I do. That is just terrible.
Cons
many, many cons
fun work place and fast paced
cashier/cook (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZOctober 4, 2015
Fast work place So never have to worrie about doing nothing so day or nights will go by fast. Always something to do within the store and having the chances to meet and greet customers most are happy but some can be a pain, (just trying to get their meal for free)
But always friendly staff and some become great friends.
Pros
free food and drinks
Cons
not really breaks just get a breather
productive and hork workin
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 30, 2015
ilike too work wet the companne because I lurn goo skills horc worker manager an open and close be and time the company is productive frenly and good pay
FUN WORK ENVIRONMENT
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dana Point, CASeptember 29, 2015
VERY FAST PACED HARD WORK. COOL PEOPLE I WORKED WITH BUT DEFINITELY NOT SOMETHING I WANTED TO DO FOREVER. ENJOYED SEEING THE FAMILIAR FACES ON A DAY TO DAY.