Carl Zeiss Vision Employee Reviews

Good place to grow
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 7, 2017
I was given opportunities for advancement and they gave me the tools to strive. Great training program and Junior Leadership Program for managers. Good for young professionals to grow
Pros
Greta training
Cons
travel was excessive
Great company
Business Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 1, 2017
Zeiss was a great place to learn about and excel in a sales position. They provide great internal training and are focused on continuous success for all employees. Very demanding environment but overall great company to work for.
Cold Atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  KentuckyDecember 29, 2016
Local labs are what makes the company great and their employees work hard. Too many departments competing against each other at corporate level and not communicating makes for redundant work and frustration. Many great salespeople with account loyalties have been let go or left, taking business with them. Truly talented employees are overlooked for promotion because upper management does not take time to truly recognize and develop them. No clear direction for future and employees worry about losing their jobs.
Pros
compensation and benefits are great, so people stay
Cons
no advancement, uncertain future
Carl Zeiss Vision
Senior Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 13, 2016
We had down sized to the point our dept was overwhelmed. The coworkers were great we all rallied together to support each other, we all had double the work. We would work 10-12 hrs. Management was there but not there for the employees, which cause stress and anxiety on the employees. There was no team moral or positive motivation. When first started it was a great work environment. People would talk to one another we had a great culture and team building.
Pros
Great Vision Insurance, They had great charities to help others
Cons
Over prices insurance, No company functions, no positive motivation to encourage employees they were doing a great job.
Productive and challenging work environment
Director, Business Development (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 25, 2016
Zeiss is a great company. Its biggest challenge is the alignment between the US business unit and the corporate business strategy. Very dynamic culture with continuous changes at all levels in the organization every year.
Production
BackSide Coater (Former Employee) –  Chester, VASeptember 13, 2016
I enjoy working with my coworkers and seeing them everyday. They become more like your family. My job is pretty laid back and easy not to hard or complicated at all.
Pros
free lunches and prizes
Cons
N/a
Working with packing
Phoenix Operator Packaging Company (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 9, 2016
Work getting the cups of yoplait and daisy cups paks ind box to shipped to get to the company and getting the lids out for keurig to get place for the copany
Pros
Love the hrs
Cons
Moved back to iowa
great experience
Laboratory Technician/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Montclair, CAApril 25, 2016
this job was one that I enjoyed. I was pregnant and I could not stand long so they gave me a stool to sit on as a cashier. I enjoyed the people that I worked with and the employee incentives.
Ok workplace
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYApril 3, 2016
About 50-100 inbound phone calls. Processing orders through various systems. Multi-tasking between inbound calls and emails.
Pros
Fun food days
Senior Customer Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Hebron, KYDecember 19, 2015
It's great to assist labs and eye care doctors to help their patients see better. I take phone calls and data enter orders for lenses.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Great company to be a part of
Carl Zeiss Vision Optical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Delaware, OHDecember 7, 2015
Zeiss is a great company to work for. The only negative is time away from home, which is at least 75%. The job is rewarding on a personal level. It's challenging because you never know what kind of problems will arise, but you always feel good when you accomplish the task and get the equipment back into production.
Pros
Travel points, travel around the world
Cons
time away from home and family
laid back atmopshere
Customer Service & Tracer (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAJune 9, 2015
did same thing day after say
management was not very professional
not competitive pay
very easy work
such a small workplace, seemed to have "high school" drama
Pros
laid back environment
Cons
management
Global company with opportunity for hard workers. Challenging work environment with disruptive changes in management and undefined culture.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYJune 4, 2015
Previously was a terrific place to work but recent management changes have created uncertainty and work/life imbalance. Challenging times create opportunity so if you are a hard worker, can manage frequent and often conflicting change this would be a great place for you.
fun environment to work in
Laboratory Technician II (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMay 2, 2015
great group of people to work with, and good pay for easy work. Benefits offered to full time employees only, must apply through temp agency. On the job trainning offered.
Pros
relaxing work environment
Cons
difficult to earn PTO time
Enjoyed what I did and the people.
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYFebruary 27, 2015
Enjoyed working with the company. Enjoyed the job and the people. The downside is that the company sent our jobs out of the country.
Pros
the people
Cons
laid off
Great experience
Branch Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 10, 2015
Employees were great to work with. Laid back atmosphere, opportunity to grow with the company, many locations throughout the country.
Pros
Great work/life balance
Cons
Salary
Management Was Good To Work For
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Troy MiJanuary 12, 2015
I Learned a lot about how they made the lens for frames for eyeglasses
Execellent place of work
Lab Technician I (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAJanuary 7, 2015
My experience at Carl Zeiss Vision was educational. Starting that line of work was very different, but I fell in love with the job. Working their has taught me a lot and helps you to move forward along with the company. Walking in the door starting from the bottom and pushing you forward to promoting yourself up to final inspection of the product. The people their were amazing and help you feel comfortable. I would love to work for another company in the same line of work, that's how much I love that comapny.
Interesting and Callanging place to work for
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Chester, VADecember 18, 2014
The position was mostly R&D.
Problem Solving, process development and documentation.
Management constantly changed and the company was always in a restructuring mode.
Changing management structure.
Constant drive for improvement of products and cost reduction creativity and flexibility was great
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Job security
Optical lens warehouse
Order control lead (Current Employee) –  Hebron, KYOctober 31, 2014
A fast pace picking job. The warehouse contains about 250,000 different types of lenses. I have learned all jobs from receiving to shipping. The hardest part of my job is keeping a positive attitude due to low compensation, no support from management and corporate. I feel like the jobs will soon be sent to Mexico within the next few years. We have gone from 128 employees to 48 within the last 4 years. I have made lots of friends and lost a lot of them due to better opportunities that have come their way.
Pros
Fast pace work
Cons
Deadend job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carl Zeiss Vision. Our community is ready to answer.

Carl Zeiss Vision Reviews by Location