Carl Zeiss

Carl Zeiss Employer Reviews

It would have been a nice place to work. Bad Management.
Wire Technician (Former Employee), Maple Grove, MNMay 27, 2014
Pros: nice co workers to work with, clean work place.
Cons: poor management, not standardized.
Each day when you get to work you have to check if the machine is ready for the next person or yourself to do that day. If not most of the time you might help your co workers or even clean the production floor.

Everyone of the co workers are great to work with. Always had fun helping and learning from each other.

As for management, they treat employees – more... unfair. Don't want to go into details but hope this will change so people will stay. It is a 5S company but does not have standards to do things. There is no process and you have to memorize where everything goes. Have to take notes just to remember what to use or where the parts or cables go.

The hardest thing about the job is that there is nothing to do when your job is done. You will have to wait for the next person to finish their part before you can take over. If you help or talk to your co worker, you will get in trouble.

The most enjoyable thing about the job is working with my fellow co workers. We help each other build the machines and trouble shoot the problems with the machines.

Like I said it would have been a good place to work if the management treat us as value employees and have a chance to get hired on. – less
Excellant enviornment for personal growth with in the company
Multipal Positions over the course of employement (Former Employee), San Lenadro, CaSeptember 27, 2013
Pros: job advancement always encouraged
Cons: company bought out by eu company and culture went from great to poor
 Inventory Control Coordinator (FGI, & Order Management confirmation)
 Production Inventory Expeditor (6 product lines)
 Sr. Production Planner (3 production lines to include subassembly feeder lines)
 Planner/Buyer (Open work orders, manage Kanban carts, BOM maintenance, ECO implementation, purchase spare parts from local Suppliers & FGI from manufacturing – more... facility - Germany
 Master Scheduler – 12 month rolling with 90 day frozen forecast submitted to production at Carl Zeiss Germany only (Slit Lamps, Fundus Cameras, Argon/Yag Laser, Power Source Laser)
 Associate Product Manager – Carl Zeiss products only (work with Sales & Service force supplying replacements & demo inventory, reporting to C-Level inventory status on trunk inventories in field. – less
Working at Carl Zeiss
FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER (Current Employee), San Jose, CASeptember 6, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule.
Cons: being a german company the documentation are not very well written.
I have been working at Carl Zeiss for the past year as Field Service Engineer at Intel's Mask shop at Santa Clara. My focused has been on Carl Zeiss inspection tools which are call AIMS. I do work with very professional group of people and it is a very dynamic environment. The hardest part of the job for me is that i expect a lot out of myself and i – more... want to learn everything. – less
Good company to work for
Accounting Manager (Former Employee), Thornwood, NYJuly 16, 2013
Good company to work for. Sometimes difficult with having the parent company in Germany
assembing prescription eye glasses
vision taper and blocker (Former Employee), clackamas , ORApril 4, 2013
Pros: its work, good schedule
Cons: temperary, no advancement, and no communication
I would be on one machine all day just hitting on buttion and washing glasses. The boss was breathing down the neck to be non stop working when atmost time there was no work to do.
Good interaction
Business System Analyst/Project Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 28, 2012
Good interaction with the employees there, but rarely worked with them directly.