Carl Zeiss Employee Reviews

Great place to start a career at
Production Coordinator and Senior Operator (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CADecember 16, 2015
It's a great place to work in for those that want to start at the bottom and work themselves up. This is the place where you come to learn and grow and potential stay for a good amount of time. Great environment to work in if you are friendly, inviting and willing to understand the processes and skills it takes to get things done.
Pros
Good environment to work in
Cons
People are very influential and sometimes it's more about the people you know than what you know
Disrespect
Runner (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAOctober 7, 2015
Segregation between warehouse workers and office workers. Office workers felt like they were people you would feel unwanted by their looks.
The most enjoyable part about me job.
Warehouse Associate (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNAugust 5, 2015
The most enjoyable part about my job is the people I work with. My co-workers are very helpful and makes the work enjoyable.
Professional, very customer oriented, pleasing employee atmosphere
Applications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CaliforniaJuly 16, 2015
On a day to day basis, I answered phones from customers when they needed help with CMM operation or software.

I traveled extensively. I asked for the travel and for a time I was "on the road" maybe 75%. I did enjoy both training and travel.

I was treated as a professional always and enjoyed much comaraderie.

The benefits were great!
Pros
Atmosphere, professionalism
Cons
I have no recollection of any cons
Productive working with eyeglasses
Optical Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAApril 29, 2015
During the time I was working at Carl Zeiss I learned how to make a pair of glasses. I also was able to inspect glassed to make sure the lens was correct for the frames
Pros
Good company to work for.
Cons
The job was only seasonal
CARL ZEISS
REGIONAL DISTRIBUTOR (Former Employee) –  RICHMOND, VAJanuary 19, 2015
It was an eye-opening experience dealing with the German culture, as this product came Oberkochen, Germany. Also, the US management was largely German. Their product was technologically superior to other competitors, but the tim-lag for product improvements to appear in the US was exceedingly slow.

Overall, it was always better than the rest and Zeiss was a pleasure to deal with over the years.
Production
Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAAugust 7, 2014
This company did us dirty. sometimes will do other peoples work plus your work and not get paid for the extra labor. Poor communication and poor managment
Pros
vacation time, sick time
Cons
poor managment, poor communication
It would have been a nice place to work. Bad Management.
Wire Technician (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNMay 27, 2014
Each day when you get to work you have to check if the machine is ready for the next person or yourself to do that day. If not most of the time you might help your co workers or even clean the production floor.

Everyone of the co workers are great to work with. Always had fun helping and learning from each other.

As for management, they treat employees unfair. Don't want to go into details but hope this will change so people will stay. It is a 5S company but does not have standards to do things. There is no process and you have to memorize where everything goes. Have to take notes just to remember what to use or where the parts or cables go.

The hardest thing about the job is that there is nothing to do when your job is done. You will have to wait for the next person to finish their part before you can take over. If you help or talk to your co worker, you will get in trouble.

The most enjoyable thing about the job is working with my fellow co workers. We help each other build the machines and trouble shoot the problems with the machines.

Like I said it would have been a good place to work if the management treat us as value employees and have a chance to get hired on.
Pros
nice co workers to work with, clean work place.
Cons
poor management, not standardized.
Excellant enviornment for personal growth with in the company
Multipal Positions over the course of employement (Former Employee) –  San Lenadro, CaSeptember 27, 2013
 Inventory Control Coordinator (FGI, & Order Management confirmation)
 Production Inventory Expeditor (6 product lines)
 Sr. Production Planner (3 production lines to include subassembly feeder lines)
 Planner/Buyer (Open work orders, manage Kanban carts, BOM maintenance, ECO implementation, purchase spare parts from local Suppliers & FGI from manufacturing facility - Germany
 Master Scheduler – 12 month rolling with 90 day frozen forecast submitted to production at Carl Zeiss Germany only (Slit Lamps, Fundus Cameras, Argon/Yag Laser, Power Source Laser)
 Associate Product Manager – Carl Zeiss products only (work with Sales & Service force supplying replacements & demo inventory, reporting to C-Level inventory status on trunk inventories in field.
Pros
job advancement always encouraged
Cons
company bought out by eu company and culture went from great to poor
Working at Carl Zeiss
FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 6, 2013
I have been working at Carl Zeiss for the past year as Field Service Engineer at Intel's Mask shop at Santa Clara. My focused has been on Carl Zeiss inspection tools which are call AIMS. I do work with very professional group of people and it is a very dynamic environment. The hardest part of the job for me is that i expect a lot out of myself and i want to learn everything.
Pros
flexible schedule.
Cons
being a german company the documentation are not very well written.
Good company to work for
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Thornwood, NYJuly 16, 2013
Good company to work for. Sometimes difficult with having the parent company in Germany
assembing prescription eye glasses
vision taper and blocker (Former Employee) –  clackamas , ORApril 4, 2013
I would be on one machine all day just hitting on buttion and washing glasses. The boss was breathing down the neck to be non stop working when atmost time there was no work to do.
Pros
its work, good schedule
Cons
temperary, no advancement, and no communication
Good interaction
Business System Analyst/Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 28, 2012
Good interaction with the employees there, but rarely worked with them directly.