Carle Foundation Hospital

Carle Foundation Hospital Employee Reviews

Medical Staff Services (Former Employee), Urbana, ILApril 14, 2015
Pros: Room for advancement, trend setter
Cons: None
Great place to work. Progressive, innovative.
If it wasn't for a relocation of my spouses job, I would not have stopped working there.
High paced enviroment
PSR (Current Employee), Urbana, IlApril 8, 2015
Pros: Helping patients, and working with caring staff
Cons: Not a lot opportunites to move up unless you are a nurse
A general day at Carle is obviously very fast paced and at times can be very stressful. I have learned a lot in terms of professional and personal growth during my time here. My fellow staff members are what make coming to work every day an enjoyable experience and the feeling that you have helped someone during your day is truly great!
Over worked
RN II (Current Employee), ChampaignApril 1, 2015
Pros: Experience
Cons: Too many to list
Nurse ratio 6:1. Very busy, often no breaks. Understaffed, the company is trying to grow to quickly without enough Nurses to cover the needs.
Great staff, magnet hospital, excellent location, beautiful landscaping
RN (Current Employee), Urbana, ILMarch 23, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule, informal atmosphere
Cons: shared space - tight quarters
The atmosphere at Patient Advisory is relaxed, cooperative, and supportive. Our department has an outstanding staff of nurses and patient service representatives who are professional, responsible, and focused on patients. It is a pleasure to work with the physicians at Carle as well.

The best part of the job is working with a great staff and providing excellent care for our patients. The hardest part of this job is often keeping up with the volume and diverse nature of the work that we do.
great place to work
Registered RN Level 3 SKills and Certification (Current Employee), Urbana, ILMarch 19, 2015
great pleace to work
good communication with management
great co workers
good work and life balance
tutition reinbursement provided
learned a lot of skills with patient care and safety
Productive workplace
Check In Receptionist (Current Employee), Carle on CurtisDecember 25, 2014
On a typical day the Carle building I work at we check in over 1000 people a day. We are always busy whether its setting up insurance or checking people in. I enjoy all the employees I work with at Carle.
Internship
Internship Student (Former Employee), Urbana, ILDecember 18, 2014
I was able to learn a lot in a very short amount of time. The HIM staff at Carle is wonderful.
Great employer
Patient Services Representative (Current Employee), Urbana, ILOctober 22, 2014
Carle is a forward thinking employer with great benefits and an overall positive work environment.
Inpatient coding and auditing
Inpatient Coding Coordinator (Former Employee), Urbana, ILOctober 20, 2014
Pros: coding staffs and cdi staff works well together
I enjoy and find it challenging. I love going to work everyday. I am working 2 days from home and 3 days at the office.
I am just needing another part-time or PRN position since ICD-1 is coming out and this would be a good time to earn extra income. I am a empty nester so I have time to do extra coding in the evening and weekend.
Troublshooting was very rewarding
Health Information Management Supervisor (Former Employee), Urbana, ILOctober 18, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: restructuring elimnated my position
Being with the organization from paper based to electronic was a very good experience. Implementing the various modules that were needed to roll out the EMR took a lot of teamwork. Every day would consist of touching base with staff to make sure all needs were addressed. Follow up on any troubleshooting with staff or physician needs. As well as jumping in to work beside staff as needed during high volumes of work or staff shortages. The hardest part about the job would be to much work to do and not enough hours in the day. We always got through the rough times. The people were my favorite part of the job. Assisting the physicians and staff.
Crafts, framing, and people
Certified Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee), Urbana, ILAugust 25, 2014
Pros: all the craft items, great assistant store manager
Cons: no set schedule, close one night and open the next. a couple of bad store managers while i was employed.
This was a great place for me as I am a very crafty person. I even learned some new ones. I still have several friends that I made while working there. One of the best things that happened to me was being asked to become the frame shop manager. I had never done framing before and I was nervous but I accepted and it was great. I was taking classes to earn my certificate when the company decided they were no longer necessary, three weeks before I was to finish. They have since reinstated the policy. I still frame my art work and anyone else's who asks. I did many memorable framing projects while I was there. I loved learning each area I worked and all the craft supplies therein. The hardest part of the job for me was not having set hours, that I had to open one day, close the next, and then maybe a midshift. It was hard to balance. But I enjoyed interacting with all the different people I met every day.
An intense/hard job. Did not get paid well. They were flexible with class schedules for employees.
Healthcare Technician (Former Employee), Urbana, ILJuly 24, 2014
Pros: worked 3 (12 hour) shifts per week
Cons: physically and mentally demanding job with horrible pay
oAssist nurses with patient care
oAssist patients with daily hygiene
Carle as a Whole
Health Information Team Leader (Current Employee), Urbana, ILJuly 21, 2014
Carle is very patient driven. New updates, and buildings are to accommodate any and all patient care. Carle thrives to meet day to day needs of patient, their families, and visitors.
good company to work for
Sf R.Ph./ Mang-Opers, Onco Rph./, Home Infus (Former Employee), Urbana, IllinoisJuly 15, 2014
Pros: good clean work envirement
Cons: slow to give raises
Pay started out low in 1971 , they learned to be completative as the years went by, good medical benifits, & retirement program
More with Less
Managment (Current Employee), urbana IlJuly 10, 2014
Administration continually believes that there is room for more efficiencies. Foundation has cut 45 million in 2 years in expenses and staffing and believes in expanding ED to add 20 more beds with no additional staff needs. Over worked under appreciated. Salaried employees are expected to work while on vacation or they are low performers
Carle Emergency Room
Business Service Representative II (Former Employee), Urbana, ILJuly 5, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, fair pay, opportunity to gain new skills
Cons: not much opportunity to advance, poor management
I registered patients into the Emergency Room most days. It was a very stressful environment and I could have used more breaks than I was able to take. Upper management wasn't always willing to step in and do the job we do but critiqued us on how we weren't doing well. They should have spent more time doing the job functions. My co-workers were enjoyable and I was able to lean on them when I had issues. We helped each other a lot when managers were in meetings. The hardest part of the job was seeing trauma patients and patients that had a lot of family support when they weren't doing well. It was difficult to talk to those families and still be able to do my job. I loved getting to know other patients who were in difficult situations because I felt closer to them and felt like I made a difference when they had to be in the hospital.
Challenging and wonderful place to work
Healthcare Technician (Former Employee), Urbana, ILJune 28, 2014
A typical day at Carle would consist of going to a med/surg floor or intensive care unit. There I would give or help assist with bathing, oral care, feeding, complete hygiene, I would take and record vital signs. Assist with ambulating, turning , and companionship of patients. I learned that caring for others takes lots of compassion, My management was great rarely had any issue. My co-workers were very helpful. The hardest part of my job was getting close to my patients and watching them pass away. The most amazing part of my job was knowing that I was helping make someone feel better.
Professional Atmosphere
Office Coordinator, Human Resources (Former Employee), Urbana, ILJune 17, 2014
Prepared reports for employee orientation; conducted background check on potential employees; and provided and ensured quality customer service in a fast-paced HR office.

Produced budget reports; organized information for Joint Commission compliance; and performed customer service by answering telephones and routing calls and messages.

Prepared billing statements for patients; produced summary reports for analysis; and preformed customer service by answering telephones and routing calls and messages.
Medical Office Assistant
Health Care Technician - CVICU (Former Employee), Urbana, ILJune 12, 2014
Pros: piers, stability, work environment
Cons: limited opportunities
Responsible for providing assistance and support to the clinical staff and front office of a Surgical Oncology practice that was composed of two general, one ENT and two heart and lung cancer surgeons. Duties included, but were not limited to; greeting and directing patients, answering telephones, updating and maintaining medical records, scheduling patient’s appointments, processing insurance claim forms, taking patient medical histories, vital signs, preparing patients for examinations, assisting with some medical procedures and assisting physicians during examinations.
Fun
Hospital Physician Services Intern (Former Employee), Urbana, ILMay 15, 2014
Meeting with a big group and we usually have free food during the meeting. Meeting usually have many stakeholders. It takes a lot of team work to come to a solution.