Carlie C's IGA

Carlie C's IGA United States Employee Reviews

stocking Shelves
Stocker/ Crew Member (Former Employee), 1514 Garner Station BlvdNovember 24, 2014
• Start off in the morning 6:00am on the dock unloading the trucks with pallet jacks and a stand up fork-lift, if necessary. Break down the pallets by sorting the items by aisle number on to carts and cleaning up the backroom. Then load the old pallets on to the truck for savage and recycling. Next go out on the store floor and stock the shelves with new product while pulling the old product to the front, to avoid expiration dates to expire. Meanwhile doing cart runs to assure the parking lot looks acceptable, and helping people to their vehicles with their groceries to make sure the customer is happy with their purchases and easy shopping. Then making sure that the store looks great by front end facing product while blocking the shelves to make sure things are easy grabbing while customers shop. Also doing back-stock to make sure everything is being sold as well as staying up to date. Lastly Keeping an eye out of all of our shoppers to cut back on theft as well as providing my southern hospitality customer service. Ultimately keeping up my store while enjoying the company of genuine southern style shoppers that continuously keep me smiling, staying on the job and being aware of my store.
Fun working with friends
Cashier (Former Employee), Coats,North CarolinaNovember 21, 2014
Pros: i loved seeing the coustomers
Cons: no benifits
When I walked in I put on my apron and clocked In. First I had to count my reregister. Customers went through my line and I began to check them out. I helped carry groceries needed. had to make sure at the end of the day my till was not over or under.
No room for advancement
CSM (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: you get to know your customers very well
Cons: all part time, little compensation, no job security
I have worked here for years and there is no room for advancement. If you do get promoted, you won't get compensated for it. There are people who have worked here for 10+ years and have never gotten a raise.
Wonderful place to work
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Durham, NCAugust 15, 2014
Wonderful staff. Staff and co-workers felt like family. Never had a manager as wonderful as here.
Productive, yet laid back work atmosphere, with that "Hometown Feel"
Stocker/ Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Erwin, NCJuly 9, 2014
Pros: was informed of sales before they started.
Cons: no benefits, or chance of promotion, low wages, and excessive staffed
A typical day at work would involve me stocking, then conditioning the shelves (make them look appealing to the eye by pulling all products to the front of the shelf.) After we were finished with the stock we would clean up the remaining boxes. After the boxes were picked up I would always bail the bailer. Finally we would join in a group effort to straighten up the store. I honestly learned the value of a dollar by working at Carlie C's IGA, i also learned a great deal about marketing, merchandising, and price markdown. Excellent sales representation. The management was friendly, down to earth, yet had that go getter attitude. The hardest part of the job would have had to be the lack of suitable equipment for the job at hand. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be the satisfaction of assisting the customers and answering their questions accurately and consistently.
Helping customer’s find items
Grocery Stocker (Current Employee), Hope Mills, NCMarch 18, 2014
Pros: close to my home
Cons: health care
On Monday's, Wednesday's and Friday's I help unload grocery item off truck. Once truck is unloaded it has to be then counted and put on large stocking carts. After all items have been counted then the stocking carts are taken to the isles to be ran. Read barcode number to put the grocery item in the correct spot on shelves. One Sunday’s I work 5 running back stock. I work in the freezer stocking cold items. My co-worker plays most of the day and management does nothing about it because he has been on the job for years. The hardest part about my job is working in the cold. The enjoyable part is greeting and helps customers find items.
If you aspire to be something...go somewhere else.
Bagger & Stocker (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: great fried chicken and cakes
Cons: everything that isn't fried chicken or cake
Not all Carlie C's are bad, but the one Owen Dr. is just painful to walk into. Working there was even worse. Filth and apathy adorn the isles, shelves, and registers. I'm the kind of person who devotes myself to my work and task but even I know when to walk away from a lost cause. Again, not all Carlie C's are bad. Quite the opposite in fact. But if Carlie C's were Baldwin Brothers this one would be Daniel.
A great company to work for in general
Cashier (Current Employee), NCDecember 16, 2013
Cons: bad management at some stores.
Carlie C's IGA is a locally owned and operated grocery chain with it"s home office in Dunn, NC. The company is very family oriented and deeply cares about the welfare of the employees. I learned how to manage my time between school and work and how to better manage the money I made. I started out as just a cashier and slowly learned more and more as I spent more time at the store. After about a year, I was taught how to run the customer service desk and eventually started to help the manager open or close the store. The main manager doesn't know how to give praise to a job well done or acknowledge the fact that over half the employees are teenagers that are still in high school and/or college just trying to make a little bit of money. The hardest part of the job is having to deal with rude customers and a manager that doesn't care about their employees. The most enjoyable part of the job is creating relationships with some of the regular customers and co-workers.
Fast paced work environment focused on customer service
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Dunn, NCJuly 24, 2013
Pros: great environment, friendly workers, friendly management, flexible hours
Cons: store cleanliness
When first starting at Carlie C's as a cashier, a typical day consisted of clocking in, ringing up customers' groceries, bagging the groceries as needed, and if work is slow, take customers' groceries out to their car (if there was no bagger available).

At the shift manager position, I sometimes would open and close the store for business, manage front-end transactions and customer service, help with the stock crew, manage the safe, handle shift changes, check-in vendors, and any other matter that arose. As a shift manager, my job was mainly to take care of everything around the store, unless otherwise told by my store manager.
nice place to work at.
Cashier (Former Employee), Spring Lake, NCJuly 6, 2013
Pros: sick days
Cons: ten minute lunch break
its a nice place to work at when your just getting out of high school. overall great place.
Good experience but no hope for advancement
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dunn, NCApril 7, 2013
IGA taught me a lot about customer relations. It was a typical grocery store in a poor environment. No raises and no advancement made this job a dead-end.
Its layed back. Sometimes!
Assistant floor manager (Former Employee), Dunn, NCJanuary 20, 2013
One would do a little bit of everything, register, stock, etc. One would be the go to guy. One would have to be nice and knowledgeable of how everything works. When the store gets busy you get busy. Management varies but typically nice and understanding. This job can be vary demanding of ones services and stressful but knowing that oneself can make a difference is very rewarding!
Neutral
Sales Associate (Former Employee), North CarolinaJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: staff, culture
Cons: money
The pay is the only bad part about working for Carlie C. They pay close to nothing and require a lot out of you. The bonus is the people you deal with are great.
IGA IGA IGA...
Cashier (Former Employee), Erwin, NCDecember 16, 2012
Pros: freely customers
Cons: bad management
Working for the Carlie C's company was something else, i mean i LOVED my job , it was just certain managers that you had to watch out for...I never had a dull moment all the customers loved me , it was the fact that some of the management were jealous. But i liked the company , i'll just NEVER work for the one in the Erwin anymore!
Its okay envirnoment to work in
Cashier (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCNovember 19, 2012
Pros: payed for lunch
Cons: we got thirty minute breaks
I was a cashier i would ring and bag up the customer groceries. I learned how to communicate with other people. The managers were okay from time to time. The hardest part of working was when a customer would try to tell you how to do your job. When we were slow the co-workers would play a little just for fun is what i enjoyed the most!
Constant work flow
Stocker (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCSeptember 7, 2012
Constant work flow, never a dull moment, hours tended to vary however they were very manageable.
it was a ok place
Cashier (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCJuly 9, 2012
Cons: did not make enough and short break
I was a cashier. It was busy but a good busy. I would usually work about 4 or 5 hours a day. What I learned is to be careful with money because its your responsibility. Hardest part would be standing for 4 or 5 hours straight.
Easy going work place
CASHIER (Former Employee), Lillington, NCApril 23, 2012
Nice first job while in school. Easy going work environment. Learned great customer service skills.

Carlie C's IGA Salaries