Carlie C's IGA Employee Reviews

Good for experience ,alot of structure and order
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 1, 2016
Great for a starter job,part-time and teens.Not recommended for people with family or average to large life expenses.Plenty of structure and order which always lead to excellence.
No Advancement
Customer Service Manager/ Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 13, 2016
This is a company that believes in multitasking and working more than one position with one base pay. The compensation does not match the amount of work that is expected. This is the place to be if you want to work multiple positions without any upward growth in the company or in pay.
Pros
Some Holidays Off
Cons
Upper Management is condescending
Productive and well kept learning environment
Cashier/ Head of bookkeeping (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 3, 2016
A typical day included taking care of the customers as well as the store. I learned how to listen and accept others opinion whether they were right or wrong. The management at this location was easy to get alone with and they did not put a lot of work on their employees. The hardest part of the job was telling a customer we did not have a particular item that they wanted or needed. The most enjoyable part of my job was leaving work and knowing I made someone happy or made them have a better day.
Stable place to work; not big on compensation
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Dunn, NCApril 10, 2016
The only true gripe I have with the company is their lack of sufficient compensation and benefits. They should do more for their employees than they do. Good owners. Stable place to work, but just not much in the way of opportunity, compensation, or benefits.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Lack of sufficient compensation and benefits
I didn't like this job that much.
Bagger (Current Employee) –  Lillington, NCMarch 13, 2016
I didn't like this job because on how the management was. As well there would be some employees joking around while at work.
Good and stable place to work.
Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee) –  Benson, NCFebruary 29, 2016
Always a team player and pulled together with co workers. Good stable company to work for. Enjoyed working with customers and helping as needed.
Pros
Stable place to work.
okay place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hope Mills, NCJanuary 14, 2016
I dont really enjoy working here management openly shows favorites and one in particular has a nasty attitude when is asked a simple question, which shows her lack of interest in her job. Also the managers are weird about employees calling out sick, I gave the about 8 hours notice when they usually ask for 2 also
Pros
dress code... sometimes
Cons
short break, no discount, petty management
Enjoyable and productive work place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Benson, NCDecember 6, 2015
Enjoyable work place with supportive and easy going management. Worked around my personal and school schedule well. Co-workers are hard working and willing to help. The most enjoyable part was helping customers and working with the co-workers and learning from them.
Cons
not enough hours per week
A typical work day at IGA
Bagger/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Angier, NCNovember 7, 2015
The days were fast pace with people coming. I've learned that you can't do everything by yourself, that's why its important to have good teamwork skills and be able to work with others. The most enjoyable moments are when I would go out of my way to help people and they say thank you.
Pros
Cons
staying late night on school nights (past 11:00pm) short breaks
great first time job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Erwin, NCOctober 20, 2015
Great first time job, management was great loved the co-workers no benefits offered unless you were higher up job culture was good
Pros
flexable when you needed off
Cons
no benefits
first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCSeptember 28, 2015
Great first job. Showed me how to work under pressure and taught me great customer service. Good hours once workers returned to college
Pros
young workers
Cons
no benefits, part time
the most enjoyable part of my job.
DELI ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  erwin ncSeptember 24, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job would have to be my customers and experiencing new people. I like to interact with them and get to know my customers with them leaving knowing they had an good experience with the store and wanting to come back to shop.
I like working there due to having to switch my hours so much.
Meat Cutter (Current Employee) –  Dunn, NCJune 22, 2015
While working at Carlie C's IGA, i have learned how to work with others and have developed great customer service skills.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Pay
fun and stable work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 19, 2015
There was nothing hard about this job, it was a great way for me to meet new people. All my coworkers were friendly and fun to work with. Love to ring up people's groceries and doing my chores before we closed.
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Lillington, NCFebruary 27, 2015
It was a fun place to work with extremely nice people, I loved the environment and loved how productive they stayed. There was always something to do and you never just stood around.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not guaranteed hours
stocking Shelves
Stocker/ Crew Member (Former Employee) –  1514 Garner Station BlvdNovember 24, 2014
• Start off in the morning 6:00am on the dock unloading the trucks with pallet jacks and a stand up fork-lift, if necessary. Break down the pallets by sorting the items by aisle number on to carts and cleaning up the backroom. Then load the old pallets on to the truck for savage and recycling. Next go out on the store floor and stock the shelves with new product while pulling the old product to the front, to avoid expiration dates to expire. Meanwhile doing cart runs to assure the parking lot looks acceptable, and helping people to their vehicles with their groceries to make sure the customer is happy with their purchases and easy shopping. Then making sure that the store looks great by front end facing product while blocking the shelves to make sure things are easy grabbing while customers shop. Also doing back-stock to make sure everything is being sold as well as staying up to date. Lastly Keeping an eye out of all of our shoppers to cut back on theft as well as providing my southern hospitality customer service. Ultimately keeping up my store while enjoying the company of genuine southern style shoppers that continuously keep me smiling, staying on the job and being aware of my store.
Fun working with friends
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Coats,North CarolinaNovember 21, 2014
When I walked in I put on my apron and clocked In. First I had to count my reregister. Customers went through my line and I began to check them out. I helped carry groceries needed. had to make sure at the end of the day my till was not over or under.
Pros
i loved seeing the coustomers
Cons
no benifits
No room for advancement
CSM (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCSeptember 8, 2014
I have worked here for years and there is no room for advancement. If you do get promoted, you won't get compensated for it. There are people who have worked here for 10+ years and have never gotten a raise.
Pros
you get to know your customers very well
Cons
all part time, little compensation, no job security
Wonderful place to work
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 15, 2014
Wonderful staff. Staff and co-workers felt like family. Never had a manager as wonderful as here.
Productive, yet laid back work atmosphere, with that "Hometown Feel"
Stocker/ Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Erwin, NCJuly 9, 2014
A typical day at work would involve me stocking, then conditioning the shelves (make them look appealing to the eye by pulling all products to the front of the shelf.) After we were finished with the stock we would clean up the remaining boxes. After the boxes were picked up I would always bail the bailer. Finally we would join in a group effort to straighten up the store. I honestly learned the value of a dollar by working at Carlie C's IGA, i also learned a great deal about marketing, merchandising, and price markdown. Excellent sales representation. The management was friendly, down to earth, yet had that go getter attitude. The hardest part of the job would have had to be the lack of suitable equipment for the job at hand. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be the satisfaction of assisting the customers and answering their questions accurately and consistently.
Pros
was informed of sales before they started.
Cons
no benefits, or chance of promotion, low wages, and excessive staffed

2.1