Carlie C's IGA Employee Reviews

I have never experienced such unprofessional and embarrassing behavior from management in my entire work history.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 20, 2017
Don't expect raises but do expect to be taken advantage of. People constantly calling out and managers who prefer to sit in the office and carry on with each other
Pros
I liked my customers
Cons
Extremely poor managment
Okay work place
Produce Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 17, 2017
Good upkeep but due to location, store had had a hard time managing. Sells have been low but if it were to relocate, it would do better than it has been doing in the last few months
Pros
Easy, laidback, organized
Cons
No healthcare or other benefits
I enjoy the ability to buy local produce from our area farmers.
Produce Manager (Current Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCJuly 9, 2017
At Carlie Cs we have the ability to buy produce from the area farmers. Our customers also appreciate us supporting our neighbors in doing so. Also I enjoy mentoring high school students who need work based hours in order to graduate. CarlieC's allows a local high to bring a small group of students in weekly and I work with them to help prepare them for future employment. I also enjoy teaching them basic life skills they may not learn at home or school.
Pros
Flexible enough if I needed to run out for one of my children.
Cons
Pay, sub par equipment. Buying new stores and not maintaining the existing stores
Carlie c`s was a good job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 25, 2017
But they wasn't paying me enough so I left . The job was easy to do they treated me right there buy I want making enough mostly everyone there is loving in caring.
Cool workplace
Bagger/Cart Taker (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 17, 2017
Even though they payed 7.25 per hour, Carlie C's was a easy pretty cool job. It wasn't really a busy store (atleast when I worked there). The only I didn't like was it an distinct smell there.
Good place to work with friendly people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCJune 6, 2017
My typical day at work was to scan groceries and to make cash transactions. I learned a lot about customer service because this was my first job. The management was very friendly and would work with my schedule because I was a high school student. The hardest part of the job was learning to deal with rude customers, especially when the sale price was different from the price the computer would ring up. The most enjoyable part of the job was working at my own pace and making friends among my co-workers and customers.
Good 1st Job
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 27, 2017
I would recommend carlie cs to any high school kid as their first job or part time job. I worked for the company through out high school and college. I must say that the culture has a stronger presence than your big companies like food lion, Kroger and etc. I have worked there from 2011-2016 and received one raise of 50 cent. Often the managers cut hours to help there yearly bonus!
Pros
Good Management and Employees
Cons
Poor Pay, No room for advancements
It's okay, but it the way management treat you.
Stocker/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Lillington, NCApril 27, 2017
As a stocker I really didn't see customers as much , but when I did I would help them if they needed it. Management is okay , but sometimes when they had they days , it show. There was nothing hard about what I was suppose to do.
Its okay for a first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fuquay-Varina, NCApril 15, 2017
Its a good first job, it teaches u customer service. The customers are rude & the people u work with are rude. Bad pay to be one of the biggest companys.
Pros
Crew meals
Cons
Short breaks
Awful
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMarch 14, 2017
This company does not take care of there employees. the benefits are nothing to rave about, and the management makes sure to make you feel less then you are. They make promises to employees who have stayed dedicated to them for 10 plus years and never follow through, They take advantage of employees and use them for there benefit. I was miserable at this job and only lasted 2 years before I quit and went somewhere else.
I love it
Deli Cook (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCFebruary 19, 2017
A typical work day for is coming in the morning prepare breakfast and making lunch at the same time. I learned that you can do anything you what in live if you put our mind too. Management is great they will work with you and work around your schedule there Is nothing hard about my job. The most enjoyable part of job is I get to meet new people everyday and enjoy conversation with me helping them out I love to see happy customer.
Pros
friendly, breaks, caring, work with you
Cons
no prolblems
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Zebulon, NCFebruary 8, 2017
I loved it here. The people are great and very understanding. It was more of a family then employers. I learned so much from working there like family is everything
Pros
people
Productive and gained experience
Meat Dept./Stocker (Former Employee) –  Erwin, NCFebruary 7, 2017
A typical day would entail me helping a minimum of 20 customers, with various requests such as; where a certain product is, which product is the better bargain, and my opinion of a certain product. I would also take inventory and stock the product. I would check in product and store it in its designated area, some items weighed as much as 80 pounds. Afterwards, I would clean and sanitize the work area. Through my employment I gained valuable experience helping many customers. I was also able to appreciate the value of a hard days work. The hardest part of my job was running out of a certain item and customers would get angry and complain, through the experience I learned to keep my cool under strenuous conditions.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
No structure in managment
Fun Job for high school and college kids.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Laurinburg, NC 28352January 29, 2017
Job is fairly simple. Basically follow rules and show good work ethic and you'll be fine. Job can be very stressful at times, just as any job would be. Great co-workers make the day a breeze!
Pros
Managers will work around schedule
Cons
Short breaks, No full time cashier positions.
could be
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJanuary 27, 2017
Could be the good start of job for someone just starting to work, but you will only get paid every two weeks, managers are OK and you will have some customers that are rude
easy to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Erwin, NCJanuary 11, 2017
I learned to do multiple things in the short 5 years that i was with this company. My managers were very kind never unreasonable. My co-workers were the same. The hardest part of the job was working in the gas station. The most enjoyable part of the job was working behind the customer service desk. It was my favorite thing to do at this job its what i knew best.
Pros
nice managers
Cons
sometimes no breaks
Great business and good people
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Cedar Creek, NCNovember 14, 2016
I enjoy working with the people here and I am happy to say I am respected. I get good hours to pay bills and am pleased to work any time I can. I am not done wrong or mistreated it's all is equal there.
Assisted lead cashier in execution of merchandizing and billing operations
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 3, 2016
Assisted lead cashier in execution of merchandizing and billing operations
• Processed and replenished merchandise and ensured stock availability on the assigned floor
• Guided customers and provided them with highest quality of customer service
• Ensured loss prevention procedures
• Stocked merchandise in check stand area
Good for experience ,alot of structure and order
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 1, 2016
Great for a starter job,part-time and teens.Not recommended for people with family or average to large life expenses.Plenty of structure and order which always lead to excellence.
No Advancement
Customer Service Manager/ Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 13, 2016
This is a company that believes in multitasking and working more than one position with one base pay. The compensation does not match the amount of work that is expected. This is the place to be if you want to work multiple positions without any upward growth in the company or in pay.
Pros
Some Holidays Off
Cons
Upper Management is condescending