Carlisle & Gallagher Consulting Group Employee Reviews

Awful company to work for
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 16, 2016
Hated this company, very deceptive practices and culture. Management is terrible and don't care about consultants or staff. Run far away from this company.
Cliquish
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 16, 2016
Jobs were based on who you know and not experience and skillset.
Not many opportunities to work on different projects once you are selected for one client.

Co-workers were various levels of experience
Good ... Grief!
Snr. Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 2, 2016
Senior management is VERY light on experience, they have ZERO integrity & view everybody except themselves as a replaceable piece of meat. Nepotism is alive & well here. They are small town people (both in experience & their ideas) who think they can outsmart everyone around them.

Do yourself a favor, look elsewhere for a job.
Pros
Paychecks never bounced.
Cons
Not enough space to list here. There are MANY.
Meaningless work that is just there
Consulting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 25, 2016
Work does not require too much thinking. However, the pay matches that in that you don't get too much compensation. The people are okay.
Flexible hours
Consulting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXOctober 26, 2015
Let you work overtime to earn extra cash if the client allows it. However, the do not offer PTO for employees not on salary.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
no PTO
Senior Consultant
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 24, 2015
Carlisle & Gallagher Consulting Group, Inc. (CG) is the business and technology consulting firm that 7 of the 10 largest financial institutions in North America count on to solve their greatest challenges. We’ve earned the trust and ongoing partnership of these industry leaders because of our exclusive focus on the financial services industry, the unparalleled experience of our people, the exceptional customer experience we provide and the definitive, repeatable results we consistently deliver
Don't be fooled by the great pay
Bankruptcy Analyst (Current Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXJune 11, 2015
I've never worked for such a heartless company! Team leads have favorites & if your not a favorite you won't be chosen for another project. HR personnel just as heartless as the team leads. Co-workers were sneaky & only looked out for themselves not much of a team atmosphere. They tell you your permanent but your really a temp with benefits! I was tricked & told I would get PTO once my title changed. They failed to mention that title change means team lead. Even with the great pay I wish I would have never went to this establishment. They don't care what your personal situation is sick child, death in the family, or your own health. They want you to work like nothing else matters!
Pros
great pay
Cons
no pro unless your a team lead
Energetic and flexible staff
QA Tester (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 20, 2015
Interacted with the client daily to locate laws, rules, and regulations. Identified key controls in place that adhered to these laws. Developed test scripts that provided steps on how the company follows the laws. Advised on better ways to adhere to policy and procedure. My manager allowed me to take the lead and work independently with the client. My coworkers were great to bounce ideas and processes off of. Some of the clients were not as forthcoming with information which made our job difficult at times. The best part of the job was being encouraged to give my ideas to make the project flow better. I was always made to feel like a valued member of the team
Pros
being treated as a valued member of the team
Cons
Not knowing until the last minute whether projects would be extended
Laid Back Environment/Bad Business Model
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Farmers BranchDecember 14, 2014
The company offers good experience. However- I wouldn't recommend any position with the company unless you're in desperate need of a job. If you're an ambitious person you'll find yourself frustrated with poor management and an unsound business infrastructure. Many of my co-workers were extremely bright though their talents weren't exercised properly by management. What sadden me the most about the company was the lack of honesty and transparency by so called "leaders" in particular the group stationed in Charlotte. There were so many lies feed to our group during my time that it became too much to bare. I highly recommend reading the reviews on glassdoors.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, easy tasks, good pay
Cons
Horrible benefits, bad management, poor infrastructure
Great Place to work
Default Mortgage Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 22, 2014
Great place to work. Loved the environment, benefits, and people.
Great Career stepping stone...
Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXOctober 14, 2014
I have developed many skills and refined others. I got the chance to work on difficult process development and see the inner workings of some large clients. Co-workers are great but leadership is somewhat weak. Hard place to move up due to project based workflow.
Pros
great culture
Cons
if not selected for a new project you are no longer employed, no career path or upward movement
Productive work place
Quality Assurance/Quality Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, txSeptember 2, 2014
Great work environment..worked alot of hours but they flew by. very good people and environment to work in.
Working for LPS
Applications Development Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 26, 2014
Technically challenging work. A manager who let you do your job and just checked that everything was going well. Co-workers that worked together to determine the best solution. The system was different than anything that I had ever worked on before but it kept me busy.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Extreemely complicated system
Great Job
Quality Control Analyst (Current Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXJanuary 30, 2014
This job is awesome. the people are great not alot of room for advancement and the instability after a project has ended is concerning.
Interesting and exciting time to work in the mortgage industry
Quality Specialist Analyst- Mortgage & Insurance (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 7, 2014
Working for Carlisle & Gallagher gave me a chance to hone my experience working on loan modification and insurance products. I was able to apply my learnings from Citigroup and expand into different aspects of the mortgage industry.
Pros
Gaining more knowledge of the mortgage industry
Cons
Contract expired
Good place to work and enjoyed my 31/2 years
BUSINESS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TexasJanuary 6, 2014
Offered many diversified opportunities and was enjoyable to work there and established a great relationship with management and peers.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Contract with no real stability
Great place to work!
Researcher/Exceptions Clearing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXDecember 17, 2013
Something new everyday - never a dull moment. Great co-workers and management was the best. Hardest part of the job was seeing it come to an end (contract ended)
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
contract job
great company to work for.
Researcher/Advocate (Former Employee) –  Farmers BranchNovember 6, 2013
Great Place to work but its only project work. the employees are very friendly and helpful. Management keeps all employees in the loop of what is going on in the company . Pay is great as long as there are project to work.
Pros
great pay
Cons
very flexable
Great place
Consultant/Manager (Current Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXOctober 3, 2013
Only downside is that it is project based. Having said that, recruiting does a great job of explaining the project timelines. That's the nature of the business. I knew this going into it, and would take the opportunity again if presented. Great pay, benefits could be better, but are decent enough. Positive atmosphere, and everyone is willing to help whenever asked. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for a start in the consulting side of the industry.
Productive consulting firm
Researcher/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXJuly 9, 2013
A typical day of work consists of review foreclosure files thoroughly to determine if the client was in compliance with the OCC Consent Order. I've learned a lot about the events that leads up to foreclosures. Management was very helpful and dedicated to their teams. My co-workers were team players. The most complicated part of the job was having to create timelines. The most enjoyable part of the job were the townhall meetings that were very informational and exciting.
Pros
Informational TownHall meetings
Cons
Very expensive benefits, no paid holidays or vacations