Carlisle FoodService Products Employee Reviews

Turmoil
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 10, 2017
Read the other reviews about the company culture. They pay OK, but the management culture is out of control.

BEWARE: the turnover is high.
BEWARE: do not expect understanding management
BEWARE: do not expect supportive management

Certain departments might be OK, but on the whole there are many many very stressed people working here.
Pros
Getting paid
Cons
Too many to list
An overall good place, though employees could be treated better
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 28, 2016
Carlisle Food Service Products is a great place to go if you want competitive benefits and one of the most flexible vacation policies in the industry. However, it often feels like that the reason the benefits are so liberal is so employees can put up with the kind of stressful and often confusing work environment at Carlisle FSP. This company just has a very hard time keeping employees. Average turnover seems to be somewhere between 6 months to a year. You have to be a very dedicated and stubborn individual to stay much longer than that.
Pros
Lots of Benefits
Cons
Unclear Direction
Very educational place of work
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 18, 2016
I enjoyed working at CFSP. Their upper management could some leadership skills training but their mid-level managers and hourly employees were awesome. CFSP is a very diversified company, so you learn a lot from different races, not just about the job it self but also about different cultures.
Pros
Good people, good pay
Cons
They over-work their employees
keeping busy
Sourcing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Batavia, ILOctober 26, 2016
Keeping busy, what I've learned was not to be a micro manger - My group was much more productive. I reported directly to the CFO & CEO and got along with them very well, My co-workers came to me with problems they needed help with. Hardest part of the job was not enough hours in a day - the most enjoyable part of Carlisle was working for a great company with great co-workers
Hostile work environment
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 25, 2016
The production team is mostly people from Asia that don't speak English. These are people that are assigned to be your trainer. One slight mistake they shout at you. Call you stupid, slow, lazy. Make up stories about others. Supervisors do nothing when a problem is reported like anther person stealing. Some shifts don't even have a supervisor. Reporting a problem to HR took 3 months for them to get back with me. The machines are not properly maintained. They leak oil on the floor in high puddles. You expected to work 6 days a week. You must be there for one year before you can apply for a different position. Then they say we need you on the production floor.
Pros
Better than being unemployed
Cons
Hot dirty work place, no air circulation
stressful work atmosphere
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 10, 2016
not a place to make a career if starting entry level.
Management does not show genuine care or concern for employees.
corporate does not at all care about anything but money.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
stressful work atmosphere.
Outstanding Compensation/Benefits
Hard Worker in Injection Department (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 1, 2014
Carlisle FoodService Products offered an outstanding compensation/benefits package to their employees. Unfortunately, your job security and job culture at a work place is so stressful we are losing good employees but can't get rid of the bad employees.
Pros
Good President (Mr. Trent), good corporate HR (Mrs. Heather), #1 compensation/benefits package and good co-workers (like family)
Cons
Terrible HR at plant site and one terrible production manager, Unstable in job security and job culture.
wish not to comment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 29, 2014
Carlisle is ok but can improve on employer/employee relations
Pros
fair
Cons
faor
Standard warehouse with standard expectations.
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 13, 2014
A fine place to work. If you keep you nose to the grindstone you do great. Everyone has one job so you can focus doing your job to the best of your ability.
Very busy work place, which was always good.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 29, 2014
Must enter all the orders and resolve any problems before the end of the business day. Ultimate goal was to make sure all calls are serviced with professionalism and problems are resolved before we let the customer off the phone. I enjoyed interacting with the customers and employees.
Pros
Enjoyed dealing with customers.
Cons
Due to all the orders that are processed there should have been a quarterly or monthly bonus, instead of a yearly bonus.

Want to know more about Carlisle FoodService Products?

Ask a question
An alright place to work
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 27, 2013
Compensation and benefits depended on who you knew. The values let the company pick and choose what programs it would use to save money. It was the one that led to pay freezes for hourly while salary posted promotions on the board. Those values are the ones I remember. The job was secure when you permanently took on two or more job responsibilities and didn't ask for more pay, Life balance was tough when I started, We worked an average of 76 to 80 hours weekly. After that, it got easier to manage. I liked being free to work alone without management and the fact that I got the job done. The hardest part of the job was dealing with upper management. They had trouble understanding the practical workday.
After graduation, my HR rep let me know that my previously denied requests for tuition assistance were never officially received nor evaluated by HR.
Pros
Educational assistance
Cons
Low pay and was not allowed to apply for tuition assistance
Evolving Company
Senior Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 25, 2013
The company is still constantly changing, but ultimately headed in the right direction.
liked overall
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 22, 2013
Environmental is like a call center, but enjoyable. Management is good, HR dept needs a lot of work. The company has/is gone through a lot of changes.
Pros
projects are challenging and lots of it.
Cons
management could use a little help
Waste of Time
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 6, 2012
We were always looking over our shoulders because people just disappeared. One day you would notice a person at work, and the next they were just gone. It was a daily reminder of "at will" employment...they can dispose of you whenever they please with no notice, no explanation and certainly no respect for time "served" to the company
Pros
they sometimes don't make you feel guilty about leaving for the day
Cons
chained to desk, poor management, constant change, no communication
respectful and professional work envirorment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 15, 2012
customer service was a challenge. I learned patience. Management was very helpful with all questions. Coworkers were fun to spend the day with. The hardest part of the job was when I resigned to move out of state. I enjoyed every part of my job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carlisle FoodService Products. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9