Carlisle Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Carlisle Regional Emergency Room
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAJune 5, 2017
This was a very fast paced job. Long hours and little recognition. Management did not work with the employees to boost moral or to help them with any difficulties that would happen.

Overall I would not recomend working at Carlisle Regional Medical Center ER.
Cons
Managment
love working with my coworkers
Staff Nurse- ICU (Current Employee) –  Carlisle, PAMay 26, 2017
They are reliae, team players, knowledgeable, fun work environment, dependable. I wish more ICUs are like Carlisle. MANAGEMENT IS AMAZING! It doesn't get any better than my current manager.
Pros
employee discount on food, great coworkers
Cons
can float to Med surg and have up to 6 pts
I work with fantastic people. I enjoy my jov.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Carlisle, PAApril 22, 2017
The only downside is we are short staffed on evening and night shift. The nurse are wonderful, very hands on with patients. I rarely, if ever, get a break.
Pros
Great staff.
Cons
Short staffed.
Productive and skillful place to work
Certified Nurse Aide/Transporter/Sitter (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAJuly 12, 2015
Carlisle Regional Medical Center has an excellent, in-depth orientation program which prepares everyone, as well as, introduces all the new employees starting with their company. The staff, already implemented in the facility, is caring, extremely helpful, and knowledgeable. The most difficult part of the job was handling the death of a patient. I learned that with a close community of workers we could overcome anything together.
Pros
games to make learning fun
Cons
on a slow day it was difficult finding anyone
Stable place to work but culture is horrible.
IT (Current Employee) –  Carlisle, PASeptember 15, 2014
If you are good at your job, this is a good place to work. I only say good because while there is a job to do, there is too much in-fighting between departments and sometimes within the departments themselves.

The workload was atrocious based on staffing, constantly put under the gun to complete projects with little time or other resources.

However, teamwork within my department was excellent.
Pros
Strong leadership, laid back.
Cons
Old technology, in-fighting
Excellent first job as an Emergency Room PA-C
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Carlisle, PAJuly 31, 2014
A fantastic first experience as an ER PA. Not only did I see fast track patients but had complete access in treating ALL Emergency Room patients. A first rate learning experience as all the MD's were excellent teachers in addition to having experience in working with PA-C's
Awful place to work
Emergency Room Technician - full time (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAJune 13, 2014
Management treats staff poorly. NO educational opportunities available to staff other than RNs. RNs not 100% compensated for expenses for out of town conferences. Benefits are not great, and are expensive. Many management and administrators are out of touch with current happenings in medical community. Current ER manager is grossly underqualified for her position. Seldom get dinner breaks, often working in excess of 12 hour shifts. Daily phone calls requesting staff to come in early or pick up shifts on days off.
Pros
are there any?
Cons
absolutely everything.
Productive and pleasant most of the time.
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAOctober 22, 2013
When I worked at CRMC the first time, it was a positive atmosphere. People enjoyed going to work. Management really worked with employees and was understanding of family issues, and they were flexible with scheduling, so employees could further their education. When I was rehired, it was a different environment. As time went on, the atmosphere was less positive.
Cons
No accumulation of vacation time the last several months to cut back CRMC expenses.
Significant employed specialist turnover
M.D. NPI (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, paAugust 26, 2013
administration is dishonest
administrative support staff WONDERFUL people
administration compete with local orthopods
local workers are great
central management is Naples is ONLY profit focused at the expense of quality
office management inexperienced and it reflects in you bottom line
care of many types of surgical patients
Critical care nurse (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAAugust 19, 2013
Post operative care of surgical patients
worked closely with the operating room team and anesthesia
Company is in it for the money/profits, morale was horrible
former manager/director  (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAJuly 22, 2013
Initially, I saw a lot of opportunities and felt it (the hospital and the company) were good to work for...found out the hard way that that certainly was not the case. No matter what you did, the public/community HATES the hospital and that it's for profit and I don't think there will be any way it will turn itself around, unless it is eventually sold to a non profit (Pinnacle, Holy Spirit or Hershey Med).
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
fake management, low morale
Company is in the news to much.
Pre-Arrival Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAJune 25, 2013
hearing rumors that hospital will be bought out by Pinnacle.
Pros
discount lunches
Cons
no breaks during the day. Only a lunch
Decent
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PADecember 22, 2012
Decent place to work. Employees are cared about and are noticed for hard work. Many good benefits.
Good Job, bad atmosphere
Dietary Cashier (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAJune 13, 2012
Carlisle Regional Medical Center was my second job out of high school. It was not too bad because it was fast paced and there was a lot of busy work. The hardest part of being the dietary cashier was getting the doctors and nurses through the line quickly enough so they could enjoy their lunch breaks. Management was not bad and really worked with your availability and giving you as much time as you would like to work. The only downside was the atmosphere was very negative and the co-workers gossiped a lot.
Pros
fast pace
Cons
crude co-workers