Carlisle Transportation Products Employee Reviews in United States

Horrible place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GADecember 8, 2015
Horrible place to work. Worked 7 days a week, well over 100 hours per week, all as a salaried employee. Had hourly employees making a larger annual salary due to their overtime. Company gave no raises and no bonuses to any management despite the hours and hard work to fix the problems at the place.
Pros
Cons
Excess Hours, Horrible work conditions, no support.
tipical working environment
Operator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNAugust 13, 2015
Fast work pace environment with a helpful staff. On site training that is willing to do what ever it takes to help you succeed and gain success. The benefits are fair and they include Health, Dental, Eye care, paid vacation and quarterly bonuses for good safety!!
But the catch to the job is that you must be willing to learn at a fast pace, work mandatory overtime as needed, work in and around heavy machinery, wear proper PPE and work in very hot conditions during the summer months.
The only draw back is the hot conditions because there are molds that you have to work around and air conditioning is not possible around the molds because it would ruin the quality of the product. Our facility strives for efficiency and quality when it comes to our products for our customers. Our company takes pride in what we produce and provides us with a safe work environment to obtain our goals.
Don't waste your time or effort.
Trimmer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MONovember 3, 2015
This is a union shop, which means the union rules, and there's not a thing you can do about it. Everyone whose been there a while has the union mentality, and work ethic. Therefore they are all lazy, useless, worthless drones who suffer from unionized entitlement syndrome. The management are good, but are bound by the union. Workers only do enough to get by, and no more than that. It's an every man for himself atmosphere, and if you dare to do something extra people complain and threaten to file grievance with the union, which means the management tell you to only do what you are told to do. You can bust your butt all day, yet someone whose been there a while will take a smoke break every hour on the hour, or extra long lunches and no one bats an eye, but you come back from break a minute late and you are yelled at. I would not recommend anyone work here, or even buy their products. The building is old the air quality is toxic, no one cares or even cares to help. Unions suck, and need to be abolished, because this is the atmosphere it breeds.
Pros
Pay and benefits are good IF you make it the whole 90 days.
Cons
It's Union. Unionized Atmosphere. You're On Your Own. No One Cares, Not Even The Higher Ups.
Ok place to work no family time
Supervisor - Jody Faulkner (Current Employee) –  Jackson TNAugust 20, 2015
Fast paced always changing but stays the same. Lots of hours very little time for home life for hourlys. Management has a lot of work to do with themselves.
Pros
good pay
Cons
To many hours
No review
R&D Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 14, 2015
No specific reviews as I choose not to go into the details. The company was in a state of acquisition and corresponding flux, but the management as well as the employees were positive and did their best to adapt at the times of change.
productive and hot
Bias Utility (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNAugust 9, 2015
good place to work ,i enjoy going to work but now with new leadership going to work not good anymore.i would like to move in another department.
Company is great but no room for advancement
Operations / Scheduler Planner (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GAAugust 23, 2014
Manufacturing Planning looking out 14 days to schedule all assemblies to built to provide on time delivery to the customer. Scheduling production for 7 lines - being part of the 5S program. My supervisor is a great mentor and is always willing to teach. My co-workers are great to work with. The hardest part of the job is when we are short components for a build and when the parts arrive having to prioritize what needs to be done first. The enjoyable part of the job is learning experience.
Pros
being part of a team that makes a difference
Cons
shipping errors
Customer Service Rep
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CANovember 22, 2014
Great company, great staff, great pay.
Make outbound calls to dealer prospects in the company’s database
Assess present and futures needs, trends, issues and opportunities
Maintain and maximize business with existing dealer base
Balance debit and credit on a daily basis for inventory
Provides good compensation
Wrapper-Belt, Wrap Molded Deparment (Current Employee) –  Fort Scott, KSMay 19, 2014
Basically a good place to work with good compensation. Management are pretty open to conversation , especially with daily activities. The hardest part of the job is to work more than 40 hours a week as it gives less time for family. It is a very physical job so one has to be in good shape to perform one's task.
Pros
open communication with managers, good compensation
Cons
physically exhausting to the body
Factory Work
Belt Inspector and Packager (Former Employee) –  Fort Scott, KSMarch 23, 2014
A typical day at work would include clocking in by 5am and going to your assigned station. Depending on where they need you most that day is where you will go. You are on your feet all day long, processing belts. The people working there are fairly easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job is when they decide to change the routine and protocols. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you have a cell that works properly, smoothly, and is efficient.
Pros
starting pay, benefits, overtime is easily available
Cons
short breaks, standing all day, temperature in factory
not a fun place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAJanuary 13, 2014
my review of carlisle is that i loved what i done just not the people i done it for. management only wanted to take care of themselves cared nothing about the employee and u had no place to advance or get a raise , people would lie on u and they would believe there buddies instead of the ones doing the work, I think there should be a strong look at the way upper mangement is running the company before all the good employees are gone or fired.
Pros
good friends and overtime
Cons
bad management and no respect
sucky job
general labor/forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAApril 30, 2013
very bad mangagment overall bad company to work for never know when they are doing 8 hours or no when they do over time managment always in meetings never there to be helpful learned everything myself coworkers are great nothing hardjust never work as a team and jus dealing with bitter company employees enjoyable part is working with coworkers but not mangment
Pros
leads are great
Cons
are managers, supervisors
Productive, Organized, high performance
Scheduler/Planner (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCJanuary 22, 2013
Ordering and scheduling material for production and making sure what I need is producted to make shipment.(making sure all areas are covered).I've learned how to manage my time to ensure my job is done daily.Understand management, enjoyable place to work, hardest part of my job is taking a break, I enjoy the challenge.
Pros
i learn something new everyday
Cons
pay scale, health insurance
Somewhat enjoyable workplace
Mold Tech (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNJanuary 26, 2015
Throughout a normal work day I was given work orders to complete. there were four total employees that I worked with on daily basis. On any given day we all four would at some point in time work together to accomplish a common job.
Great company with a good knowledge of tires and how to improve them to customer's specifications
Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNOctober 26, 2013
Typical day at work involved working on the Access databases I had created, discussing tire testing sample with the test engineers, discussing tire development projects with the R&D engineering, researching past tire designs, gathering competitor information via website to benchmark new/improved tires. I learned how to use Access and VBA code very well, increased Excel skills, gained knowledge of rubber properties and performance, how to communicate my work to coworkers with similar, higher, and lower level of education/knowledge than me. The hardest part was waiting on tire testing samples to return. The most enjoyable part was presenting my Access databases to the people who requested them so as to make their jobs easier.
Growing company
HR COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNJune 5, 2012
Most work days are incredibly long and I have learned that the company keeps an edge by running too lean. Great co-workers and management is ok. The hardest part of my job is there is more job than people, but the expectations are still there. Love the people, just too overworked there.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
expectations are too great for one person.
Needs real leaders
material mgmt and scheduling (Current Employee) –  multiple locationssApril 17, 2013
pay is decent but leadership team is focused only on getting by day to day; doesnt' seem to be any plan on how to make us better longer term wise. And seems to always be conflict with the mgmt. teams - never on the sam page
Pros
conservative rightwing company
Cons
employees arent valued - just another number
productive workplace with alot of wonderful employees.
Maintenance Foreman (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAJuly 10, 2012
responsibilities included guiding a maintenance team of 7 employees throughout the plant to perform all preventive maintenance practices and keep all equipment running with minimal downtime.
Pros
great team, good people
Cons
shut down our plant
Hard working staff and employees
QUALITY ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 7, 2015
Productive engineering staff. Great Quality manager that understands the issues at hand and how to enable his team.
Definitely a different place to work
DIVISION PAYROLL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNDecember 2, 2013
Company has great benefits but the environment in the corporate is not your typical office environment.
Pros
bonus plan
Cons
poor communication

2.5