CARLS JR

CARLS JR Employer Reviews

PRODUCTIVE FAST PLACE WORK ENVIRONMENT
SHIFT LEADER (Former Employee), 12714 NORTHWEST FREEWAYMarch 10, 2015
Pros: free food, discounts, 2 days off
Cons: short breaks
I WOULD COME IN COUNT MY SAFE DO A WALK THROUGH INSIDE AND OUT PUT MY HAT ON AND GET TO SERVING MY CUSTOMERS, WETHER IT WAS TAKING THEIR ORDER OR PREPARING THEIR MEAL I WAS ALWAYS HAPPY AND READY TO HELP
My Second Home for Four Years
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Grants Pass, ORMarch 2, 2015
Cars Jr. is a great stepping stone to strengthen your customer service skills and the management I was under was very personable and understanding. I was employed by this company for four years and I was promoted fairly quickly. The most enjoyable part of working at Carls jr is the relationships you can build with customers and employees.
Carls Jr
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Weatherford, OKFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: quick advancement
Cons: younger crew/call ins
A typical day would be: Supervised shifts for the restaurant. Counted drawers, counted the safe, and made bank deposits. Covered shifts when crew members called in. Either by finding a crew member that could come in or cover it myself. Many behind the scene restaurant duties.
I learned further skills in management. I enjoyed everyone of my co-workers. They were very positive and made the workplace exciting to go daily. I advanced in the company quickly. The hardest part of the job was leaving it. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people both the quests and my co-workers and all I learned.
productive work day at carls jr
Crew member (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: discounts for family, free soda when working, time and a half if working holiday
Cons: short breaks, health care, not having enough time to complete each task to the fully
At carls jr there was always something to be done even when it was slow. I remembered a few customers orders. My manager was a challenging person to get along with because i was a full time high school student working almost 40 hours a week and on my breaks i tried to work on homework but she kept talking to me so i had to wait tell i got home which was around 11:30 pm then i had to work on homework for two to three hours before going to bed and then waking up at 5 am to catch my bus to go to school which means i got 3 hours of sleep. My co workers were amazing. One of them let me go home early because i was sick even though i called in sick but my manager didn't let me have it off even though i has coughing so hard that i had to take a drink of water to even get a little bit of my voice back to take orders. so they really felt like they were my older sibling even though the weren't. I enjoyed making people feel welcomed when they went there to eat.
A miserable place to work
Graveyard Crew Member (Former Employee), Chico, CAFebruary 11, 2015
Cons: short breaks, rude managers, bad food, heartless business model
they don't let you take sick days with punishment, they work their employees to the bone and show no appreciation for the high level of sales done in a 24 hours store.
fairly easy but busy company
cashier (Former Employee), Durant, OKJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: coworkers
Cons: cleaning, working drivethru and cashier
working here was always fun. we had busy days all the time during the week besides on sundays which was great because time went by alot faster.
A day at Carls Jr.
Fryer (Current Employee), Pearland, TXDecember 27, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
okay a typical day at carls jr is really laid back ive learned how to fry within two minutes put bread and patties on the grill within in one minute. make biscuits all type of yummmmy burgers fries and desserts. management are laid back but also bossy but I just let it o over my shoulders and do my job but that's with every job lol . me and all my co-workers get alone I don't have any problems with me their all cool to.the hardest part of my job is when I have to clean the grill out or cut the bread other than that its easy work. the best part of my job is seeing the customers leave HAPPY.
Great expierence, horrible management
Cashier (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CODecember 3, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no breaks, payroll issues, rude management
Cashier
Helped Customers
Cleaned front end
Stocked supplies

Management was horrible with employees and had issues with payroll

Got transferred between stores and wasn't compensated for travel- traveling 15+ miles a day with no compensation
a good place to work , just needed more advancement opportunities
Cashier/Server/Hostess (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 21, 2014
Pros: cashier experience, discount on food
Cons: less than 30 hours a week, minimal advancement opportunites
a normal day here would began during breakfast time which is from 6am-1030am. usually the customer flow is medium. i usually try to get as many things done in one order as i can. As long as the guest does not wait a long time for their food/beverage they usually leave the restaurant satified. the hardest part of the job is not being able to perform more duties to satisfy my guest. my co workers i have learned alot from including different levels of team work. the best part of the job is when the guest they say thank you , the food was great , and they leave happy
Really busy
Cashier, Team Member (Former Employee), Colton Ca.November 7, 2014
Pros: discounts on food
Cons: no houurs or not enough money for family
Always staying busy, learned how to handle customers complaints, management cared more about numbers than anything, co workers were really nice and good people.
Carsl's Jr
Cook/Prep (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXOctober 28, 2014
A typical day at Carl's Jr. would be a smooth and mellowed day. No drama no managers screaming at you or saying your a slow worker What I learned from working at Carl's Jr. is make sure someone you know is not the hiring manager or assistant manager or you will not get a lot of hours because of what other people tell the manager. Management(No Comment). My co-workers were fun to work with. The hardest part about my job would be having to listen to fake managers get mad because you are doing your job to the best of your ability! The most enjoyable part about my job would be getting paid.
Good Working Experience
Cashier and Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Portland, OROctober 18, 2014
This was a good job where i was able to learn great customer service and was able to train new employees and meet all kinds of people. I was able able to learn how to handle some tough customer situations and learn how to handle situations with a better attitude and outlook.
Fast paced workplace at times and fun people
Carl's Jr-Cashier (Current Employee), Rialto, CAOctober 14, 2014
Pros: free meals every week
Cons: it takes a while to work up to getting alot of hours
you have you typical breaks for typical work hours but breaks are given sometimes a little late or a little early but still given. Was taught drive thru quick had lots of help, nice people. Management was a little wonky sometimes not always fair but most of the time good(: hardest part was getting more hours but i like working with my co-workers they made time fly by
not good pay`
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Redmond, ORSeptember 15, 2014
not a good place to work for, only 5 cent raise or sometimes u get nothing
Fun work enviornment
Cashier (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 8, 2014
On average there was a few work rushes and one bad customer but overall the work area was a fun and easy going place. the customers were friendly just as i was friendly to them. my co-workers made jokes but made sure to get everything out quickly. hardiest part of my job was trying to understand some people and calming them down when they yell. the best thing about it was the regulars who always came in smiling and made things a lot easier as they always got the same thing.
Cashier, Cook, Fry Cook (Former Employee), Yucca Valley, CASeptember 1, 2014
Pros: people i worked with
Cons: management, times, food, etc
Management is sucky. Co-workers were amazing to work with though. Food was sloppy.
day in life at Carls jr
Backline Cook (Former Employee), Rio Linda, CAAugust 12, 2014
I liked how i knew what i needed to do every day ..prepare Biscuits and cook some . then trash and the start with my preparing on my veggies and my meat . the management was not prolifical at all .
Very bad experience
Cashier (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZAugust 4, 2014
Pros: nothing.
Cons: everything
The manger never gave me breaks even when I would stay to help. Also told me to give up on school and work full time there. Constantly hearing him always putting me down and making me cry at work. I will never work with fast food for the fear of having a manger like that.
carls jr
Team Member (Former Employee), Boise, IDJuly 19, 2014
was a good place to work at. loved helping the customers and seeing them smile when they were there.
Fastfood
Cook (Former Employee), Atwater, CAJune 9, 2014
Pros: pays bill
Cons: not easy to go up the ladder
Like all other fast food, it's not the best job but it gets you through things and it pays the bills. I learned how to make the hamburgers their way.

1 2 3 4 5