CARLSBAD MEDICAL CENTER Employee Reviews

run away
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMJuly 27, 2017
watch out if someone in management of administration doesn't like you. Certain authority figures will block advancement if it doesn't suit them. They gouge the patient and/or medicare while paying employees as little as they can get away with. Outrageous prices.
Pros
Med Surge and ICU has good directors, the doctors are all great, and the food has imrpoved alot in the past few months
Cons
blocked advantage, pretty much lowest paying hospital you can find, price gouging, Some admins couldnt care about the employees or patients. Advancement is usually blocked
A lot of repair need to be done
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMJune 24, 2017
It's not a good place to work, very prejudice and partial. The temperature is the OR is always high. They don't have good benefits, the food in the cafeteria is not good too much fried food.
great place to work at
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMJune 16, 2017
learned how to work in a high stress environment
pulled together as a team to complete projects
would recommend working here the girls are very easy to work with
Productive workplace with a good community
Rehab/TCU-RN (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMApril 26, 2017
Carlsbad Medical Center NM is a good place to start as a new nurse.
You will learn and grow as a professional. The staff are very helpful in meeting your needs.
Wonderful Place to work, job security, friendly people.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMMarch 4, 2017
I worked at CMC for 24years and really it was like another home to me. Of course, living in a small town I knew most of the patients and my fellow workers, so what else could make it more desirable. My peers and bosses were on the most part understanding and willing to work with any situation that demanded time or flexibility. During the time I worked at CMC I was always proud to be an employee. I saw that when their ratings were not so desirable they would strive to bring things back up to excellent.
It's really never about the job but how one handles the situations that arise in the medical field. I like people so therefore being around people in need was fulfilling.
Pros
Worked with you in any situation.
Loved my job
Recruiter/HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMJanuary 23, 2017
I worked for CMC just shy of 10 years and loved what I did. I enjoyed going to work everyday. I loved the environment and the many challenges that were presented on a day to day basis. We hired top notch employees dedicated to patient care. I was fortunate to have worked for a couple of great HR Directors who have become mentors to me in my career.
Pros
discount healthcare, great community, competitive pay
Cons
the biggest "con" with what i did was turnover due to location
Staff RTT
Staff Radiation Therapist (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMAugust 16, 2016
Uncommon to get 40 hrs/week. High turnover - due to poor management. Gossip is rewarded, opposing this behavior will get one in trouble.
Pros
Cons
rarely get 40 hrs/week
Clinical Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NM 88220April 5, 2016
A lot of walking and helping around
Love to help people out and like all my co workers.
New management came in and everyone started leaving
Pros
Open schedule
Cons
Being a part of a great team.
Ultrasonographer (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMNovember 6, 2015
I have supported and been supported by a close-knit radiology department. Excellent patient care and excellent studies is our main focus. Our motto is "support the team!!" We are all team players. We work alongside the ER doctors and they depend on us for a preliminary diagnosis based on what we see.
Pros
Excellent benefits, healthcare and a healthy work environment
Cons
Nothing really...
Great Workplace
COTA (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMOctober 30, 2015
Loved my Job here! Best job I ever had! Best group of therapist I could have ever asked to work with!..Downside is that the pay is very poor and not very competitive.
Fast paced and fun place to work in!
Unit Ward Secretary (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMJuly 13, 2015
I have learned tremendously in this exciting and fast paced setting. I am very fortunate to work alongside very competent and intelligent group of individuals. I am very grateful to be a part of this institution and growing as an individual.
Fun
Admitting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMJuly 1, 2015
A typical day here consisted of counting tills, counteracting theft with excellent customer service, assisting customers with purchases, questions, and complaints. I learned more about today's workplace from this job than all of my previous experience combined. This included the basics of metrics, loss prevention, building rapport with customers, communicating effectively as a key part of the team, and training fellow coworkers
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMMay 18, 2015
Enjoyed working with patients. It was good making a positive difference in the lives of the citizens.

The previous CEO is a hypocrite and phony, along with being very selfish.
Daily Routine
RN (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMDecember 16, 2014
Arriving to work at 0630, I receive bedside report from the night shift nurse, I then proceed to check the patients profile for any new orders or information the night nurse might not have mentioned. After checking for new orders, I assess my patients, begin med pass, and assist my patients with whatever needs they might have at the time. Through out the day I work on my charting, assisting physicians with dressing changes if need be, and prepare patients for any tests or procedures they are scheduled to have for the day. Change of shift happens between 1830-1900.
Cons
not enough help
A learning experience
Anesthesia Technician (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMOctober 21, 2014
The best part of the job are the patients co-workers
First thing in the morning working with all the machines and equipment. The team work is excellent.Everyone knows their job and does it very well.
Pros
patients and co-workers
Cons
furlough
Great job and excellent benefits!
Unit Secretary/ Tele Tech (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMAugust 27, 2014
Great place to work. Great people to work with. I would definitely recommend this place for anyone looking for a job.
Close family type environment
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMJuly 15, 2014
I have learned how to work in a hospital, rehab unit, transitional care unit, and out patient. Great experience!
Pros
Small team and close knit family environment
Cons
too many clicks
good place if you can handle small depressing towns
Staff Clinical Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  carlsbad nmMay 31, 2014
Overall a good place to work. Hospital staff and Pharmacy staff are very good and friendly. worst part is location and outdated computer systems.
Toxic
Blood Bank Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMMarch 18, 2014
Toxic environment, management does not support their employees. If travelers will not extend their assignment that says a lot right there about the lab. Very chaotic, behind the times.
Great place to work over-all, wonderful employees, Managment needs work
CNA/Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMSeptember 9, 2013
I really enjoyed going to work on the med/surg unit because of the people I worked with. Our director however was usually a little lost and not up to date with what was going on on the floor and didn't seem to care about employees as individuals. Also talked down to lower employees such as CNA's. The rest of the work environment was great! Interdepartmental communication was also wonderful.
Pros
People I worked with and upper management was always helpful
Cons
Director choice