CARLSBAD MEDICAL CENTER

CARLSBAD MEDICAL CENTER Employee Reviews

Daily Routine
RN (Current Employee), Carlsbad, NMDecember 16, 2014
Cons: not enough help
Arriving to work at 0630, I receive bedside report from the night shift nurse, I then proceed to check the patients profile for any new orders or information the night nurse might not have mentioned. After checking for new orders, I assess my patients, begin med pass, and assist my patients with whatever needs they might have at the time. Through out the day I work on my charting, assisting physicians with dressing changes if need be, and prepare patients for any tests or procedures they are scheduled to have for the day. Change of shift happens between 1830-1900.
A learning experience
Anesthesia Technician (Current Employee), Carlsbad, NMOctober 21, 2014
Pros: patients and co-workers
Cons: furlough
The best part of the job are the patients co-workers
First thing in the morning working with all the machines and equipment. The team work is excellent.Everyone knows their job and does it very well.
Great job and excellent benefits!
Unit Secretary/ Tele Tech (Former Employee), Carlsbad, NMAugust 27, 2014
Great place to work. Great people to work with. I would definitely recommend this place for anyone looking for a job.
Close family type environment
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee), Carlsbad, NMJuly 15, 2014
Pros: small team and close knit family environment
Cons: too many clicks
I have learned how to work in a hospital, rehab unit, transitional care unit, and out patient. Great experience!
good place if you can handle small depressing towns
Staff Clinical Pharmacist (Former Employee), carlsbad nmMay 31, 2014
Overall a good place to work. Hospital staff and Pharmacy staff are very good and friendly. worst part is location and outdated computer systems.
Toxic
Blood Bank Supervisor (Current Employee), Carlsbad, NMMarch 18, 2014
Toxic environment, management does not support their employees. If travelers will not extend their assignment that says a lot right there about the lab. Very chaotic, behind the times.
Great place to work over-all, wonderful employees, Managment needs work
CNA/Unit Clerk (Former Employee), Carlsbad, NMSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: people i worked with and upper management was always helpful
Cons: director choice
I really enjoyed going to work on the med/surg unit because of the people I worked with. Our director however was usually a little lost and not up to date with what was going on on the floor and didn't seem to care about employees as individuals. Also talked down to lower employees such as CNA's. The rest of the work environment was great! Interdepartmental communication was also wonderful.
Extremly and excellent comunity and wonderful envirement to work.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Carlsbad, NMApril 14, 2013
Pros: benfits of patients satisfication and co-workers teaching mentors.
Cons: long hours
Fast busy paced environment with excellent staff and co-workers who make learning and wonderful adventure. Hardest part of the job was pace although rewards are worth it.
For profit hospital. It's all about the $
Staff RRT (Current Employee), Carlsbad, NMMarch 6, 2013
Pros: hard to think of any
Cons: large turnover. that should tell you something.
It's an OK place to work. Nothing special.

Not much else to say. Some people like it here and some people don't.
hell hole
me (Former Employee), middle of nowhereDecember 17, 2012
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
Management stinks, workloads divided unfairly, RRT's work for free, not I, were forwarned about consequences of this practice, staff not appropriately licensed for certain positions held due to inability to attract licensed staff because of reputation, too much work, management inapproriate and stuck on themselves, HR manager lashes out, loses temper and control, she is easiliy intimidated by people who have larger build then herself, only hospital in town and they act like they're the best and there the worse. I have worked all over this country and in 15 years I have NEVER seen a hospital so poorly run with such OLD management and so VERY unprogressive and barbaric. Management extremely disrespectful of staff, Worse place I have EVER worked. UNSAFE!!!
The worst place to work
Therapist (Former Employee), Carlsbad, NMOctober 2, 2012
Cons: poor management
The worst management. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the poor managers. Poor track record of holding staff. Staff is mistreated. Nothing good about this place except leaving it.
Medical Laboratory
Certified Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee), Carlsbad ,NMAugust 13, 2012
Pros: free breakfast/lunch tickets, gift cards, good medical, dental, optical
Cons: favoritism and unbalanced workload
Registering patients and specimen drop-offs,phlebotomy on neonates to geriatrics,processing in-lab and send-outs to reference labs.Collect specimens from local medical offices and nursing homes.
Good all round work environment with plenty of opportunity to learn more about the intricies of the job..
Cardiopulmonary Therapist, Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Carlsbad, NMAugust 9, 2012
Pros: small hospital with a chance to work all areas of the house and learn what is avainable if willing.
Cons: some staff do not get along well with each other but, as a general rule all will pitch in and help when it is needed.
I found that the work in this hospital was fast paced, plenty of good experience for those willing to take advantage of it and an overall fairness demonstrated by management. Encouraged to work and learn in all areas of care for the ones who want more than just a job.
Leaving this job for me was a difficult decision to make and in retrospect was very hard to do. Only unusual circumstances prevented me from staying at this job until retirement.
Kind regards,
WDM
A very hostile enviroment
Staff Therapist (Former Employee), CarlsbadFebruary 21, 2012
Pros: good people to serve as therapist.
Cons: hostile work place
Not a very good place to work at the moment. It used to be a great place but it's gone down hill right now....could use a lot of work. It has a very hostile enviroment to work in but the people that you treat are great people and an honor to work with and know. I would come back and work with them again if all the things were fixed and delt with. I worked with them a total of over five years and the people are great.

CARLSBAD MEDICAL CENTER Photos