Carlson Wagonlit Travel Employee Reviews

Travel Consultant
Travel Counselor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 19, 2017
I worked at Carlson Wagonlit Travel for one year, left due to moving to another state. I found working there very rewarding and would again if the opportunity arose.
They also have a work from home program available. You do need to have worked onsite before being able to apply to the home program.
Pros
able to earn gift cards monthly
Great team concepts
QA ANALYST (CONSULTANT) (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 13, 2017
Working this contract was a great experience. I started this contract as a QA Analyst and ended as a ScrumMaster. A company with great flexibility. There was full involvement from management.
Pros
Great friendships
Run! Horrible management,
Travel agent (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 12, 2017
Not a very good company to work for management is horrible you're basically just a number , they treat a customer in my case the military like dirt they don't want you want to call longer than four minutes and you literally get call after call after call with no break , and if you make a mistake they let you know it and they're not very nice about it bad company if you can run get away don't come here !
Pros
Pays not bad to start, but ....
Cons
but don't expect a raise, they don't give them
Career Oppertunities
PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis MNApril 10, 2017
CWT offer many opportunities for advancement and growth in my 20 year career with the company. I most enjoyed the team of coworkers. The management was easy to work with. A typical day brought challenges and opportunities. The culture of the the company was one of a work - family balance.
Very busy account great team to work with
International Corporate Travel Agent (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 12, 2017
work a very busy account

the hardest part is when management give you additional accounts to work on but gives no information or training

The most enjoyable part working with this account is the travelers and admins who call in are awesome to do work for
Best Company Ever
Customer Service/Travel Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 7, 2017
This was the first time I had ever worked for airlines, & the experience was wonderful. I actually learned a lot about the airlines, as well as the rental car, & hotel business.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
discounted flights
Travel Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 13, 2017
I really have nothing to say about this company since I left on my own. no I am trying to get back in to travel and it is real hard there are the same companies hiring and no repley
Cons
Good place to work and learn
Senior Corporate Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Marathon Electric- Fiskars- Main OfficeFebruary 10, 2017
Enjoyed working fast paced Corporate Travel. A lot of last minute
requests but never a boring moment. Position included Main Receptionist which was busy full time. Did reservations from
reception desk.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Demanding
Great place to grow and learn in the competitive field of travel
Travel Counselor (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJFebruary 5, 2017
Carlson has been an outstanding employer to grow professionally. They are a family and people oriented company. There are many opportunities to grow within the organisation.
Pros
place and room to grow
Cons
management not easily accessible
Great place to learn the travel industry
Travel Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 1, 2017
No room for advancement unless you are in the corporate office. Medical benefits are good, time off is good, travel discounts pretty good too.
Travel Industry Leader
Project Analyst (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJanuary 26, 2017
CWT is a leader in the travel industry focused on delivering the perfect trip to their clients. Employees are dedicated and interested in the core values of the company.
My review working for Carlson Wagonlit Travel
Senior Travel Counselor - Corporate Travel (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 24, 2017
Carlson Wagonlit Travel has been a good company to work for. I do enjoy a challenge at work and love to learn as much as possible to improve my job skills. I also enjoy working from home.

The hardest part of the job are my hours. I work 9:30a.m. - 6:30p.m. Monday through Friday. I have requested an earlier shift, but have never had the opportunity to work earlier. I would love to spend time with my family in the evenings.

Our team consists of 32 corporate accounts. There certainly is never a dull moment. The unfortunate part of handling 32 accounts is that we did not have training for 25 of those accounts. Our team is very understaffed. But each agent works very hard and handles the call volume. Providing exceptional customer service.
Pros
I have a very good salary with CWT. Also, with 10 years total, I do have good vacation time.
Cons
We are not trained to handle most of the accounts.
Management keep changing
Head, Meetings & Events (Former Employee) –  Anson RoadDecember 24, 2016
It was a nice place to work. The management keep changing and affected the long term vision. Have to be political correct when making decision in business.
Pros
5 days week
Cons
Too much politic
Fun workplace!
Administrative Support/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILDecember 13, 2016
At Carlson Wagonlit Travel, I worked in the visa and passport department. I fulfilled all the international travel visa and passport requirements for our clients. I learned how to book travel and management in my department was amazing. Our team was awesome. The hardest part was, being let go of the position after 9/11. I loved everything about my job!
Pros
Meeting new people and partners
Cons
N/A
Fun Place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXDecember 6, 2016
There is a lot of chances for advancement and promoting within CWT. Management is involved and has an open door policy. Lots of employees with much tenor in the company. Retains employees
Pros
Great hours
Cons
sometime long days/hours
Great team members.
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 7, 2016
Worked with a great team. Remote work. Some travel. Volatile market, layoffs can be frequent. Fair compensation. Interesting industry. Recent changes to executive team.
Senior Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNSeptember 29, 2016
Nice environment. Good employee engagement. Interesting projects to work on. Good advancement possibilities. Was able to work flexible hours avoiding any traffic issues.
Pros
Envioronment
Cons
increases
Customer Service
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNAugust 17, 2016
A typical day was answering inbound phone calls from customers, I learned to be very organized to follow up with clients,empathy, time management. I work with some very talented individuals that were very helpful.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Lay offs
excellent work place, great team players , great management
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 11, 2016
STarted as reseravations agent , Won top achiver of the year. Got promoted to QA Analyst then Tean leader. Great Management
Pros
salary. management work culture and great team players
Cons
call center closed
positive
RESERVATIONIST (Former Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILMay 23, 2016
challenging, positive and opportunites to grow within company. nice coworkers. office is not in service anymore as it was outsourced after I left.
Pros
nice
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carlson Wagonlit Travel. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval