Carlson Wagonlit Travel

Carlson Wagonlit Travel Employee Reviews in United States

positive
RESERVATIONIST (Former Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILMay 23, 2016
challenging, positive and opportunites to grow within company. nice coworkers. office is not in service anymore as it was outsourced after I left.
Pros
nice
Horrible Organization
Senior VIP Travel Counselor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 21, 2016
Employees are but a number. Management teams are a good ol' girl groups that are absolutely power hungry. They portend to know the day-to-day business but have no clue and don't ask for input. If input given, they pacify briefly or "get rid" of those who challenge the system. It's like a bad "Stepford" organization. Much brainwashing going on in the higher ranks.
Good company
Multi Accounts (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXApril 11, 2016
Was a pleasant place to work most of the time. A few stressful days.
Management was always fair. Best part was the people you
worked with.
Great people
Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNMarch 25, 2016
I worked for CWT for 4 years and I can say that I absolutely loved it. The team that I was a part of was great to work with and being just above entry level, my manager put me in a position to succeed from day one. The department I was in always made it a point to do things outside of work for team building which created a fun work atmosphere seeing colleagues outside of "work mode".

Although I did notice other sub-departments were unhappy as they worked a lot of overtime and didn't have the proper staff or resources to complete their job. That is just me looking and observing. Also there was a period of turn over in senior leadership and the direction was unknown for almost a year but when I left there was new leadership put in place that I believe had the right plan for success.
Pros
Team atmosphere
Cons
Pay
Carlson Wagonlit Travel is a wonderful place to work.
VIP/Concierge Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pittsford, NYFebruary 18, 2016
CWT is a wonderful company to work for. They are very considerate of their employees and strive to provide the best services to the client. My only reason for considering the leave is honestly that I'm ready to move on to new opportunities.
Ok Place to Work
Manager (Current Employee) –  MinneapolisFebruary 15, 2016
Overall a decent place to work, one con is as you move up there is more segregation amongst peers so collaboration becomes challenging and slows the process down.
Fun place to work and very productive
Travel Counselor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 10, 2016
Nice place to work! Enjoyed building awesome relationships with my client's and Travel arranger's! My co worker's were so awesome! I learned to have more patience with people.The job was easy but got boring after awhile! I did not like some of the politic's in the office. The most enjoyable part of the job was how we all got along and worked together as a team!
Pros
Work environment, Benefits, work schedule
Cons
repetitive and sometimes boring
good company to work for
International Travel Counselor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 5, 2016
a good corporate travel agency to work for. very comfortable and unstressful work atmosphere. co-workers were easy to get along with.
Productive, Fun activities
Senior Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 30, 2016
A typical work day at Carlson Wagonlit Travel is very busy a lot to accomplish and to learn, Co-Workers are very helpful and professional, the hardest part of the job is when the system is down and the Clients need to have their reservations done, the most enjoyable part of the job is when all your work for the day is completed and the Clients are happy.
Pros
Job well done, and we receive compliments from the Company
Cons
slow periods and we have to take leave without pay
Corporate Travel Counselor/Agent with basic International experience to include Canada, Mexico and Caribbean travel
Corporate Travel Counselor/CMC-ExxonMobil Account (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJanuary 28, 2016
Productive workplace, that while under pressurized situations, still finds the time to have fun because of the excellent team work.

Want to know more about Carlson Wagonlit Travel?

Ask a question
Fun Company
Corporate Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mableton, GAJanuary 28, 2016
A typical day at this job was full of laughter and business. There was an onsite employee who treated us like we were a large family. Everybody was kind
Outstanding international company which encourages workers to grow and thrive.
Data Analyst / Branch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 20, 2016
Outstanding company which encourages workers to learn, grow and thrive in a welcoming family environment. Customer service and exact data entry are the key.
Fun place to work
Senior Corporate Travel Counselor (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJDecember 15, 2015
Booked corporate air, car and hotel for corporated accounts. very busy office at times. Enjoyed handling business travelers itineraries.
Tremendous learning experience
Technical Analyst, IT Operations (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNDecember 8, 2015
Through Carlson, I have been exposed to new technologies and people, globally. It's been a great learning and growth opportunity. And working from home is great for spending more time with family.
Established global company
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 17, 2015
identified as an industry leader. The company is focused on process improvement and standardization to achieve best in class economics.
Great Learning Opportunities
Sr. International Travel Counselor (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILOctober 22, 2015
Fulfilled travel related requests for ticketing arrangements, hotel accommodations and car rentals for corporate clients, while achieving individual and contractual service level goals as related to quality and productivity.
Something new everyday!
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  RoscoeOctober 20, 2015
This was one of my favorite places to work. Always meeting new people and making their travel dreams come true! One of the best benefits was getting to travel the world!
Fast Paced enviroment
Call Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNOctober 19, 2015
Great Staff
Adequate training
Call Center was well organized and management team worked well together.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
Long Hours
Good people
ARC Specialist Certification (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 6, 2015
This company is out of business now. However at the time, they were fun people to work with, but this was not a good fit for me.
A very fun place to work.
travel agent (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLSeptember 28, 2015
I met with the travelers. Made their pre and post travel arrangements.Made any type of travel the customer for any reason. Honeymoons, vacations.
Pros
great workplacae enjoyed working at Carlson very much
Cons
Pay was not very good