Carlson Wagonlit Travel

Carlson Wagonlit Travel Employee Reviews

Extremely large call Center in Bedford, Texas, very impersonal and unfriendly atmosphere.
Senior Travel Counselor (Former Employee), Bedford, TXJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Great Travel benefits, 401K, paid vacations, good health insurance.
Cons: Very short breaks and lunchs, and the extreme impersonal and unfriendly enviroment.
A typical day at work started by entering a large call center, the size of a football field and connect yourself immediately to the telephone gadgets and the computer system. The phones started ringing non stop the minute you signed in yourself to your computer.

I learned to be able to work with mostly woman of all ages and using 100 different perfumes which I was very allergic to, but with time I got used to them, and could breath better.

Management was on top of every call and any complaint they got from any of the Jr. and Sr. agents performance. They took immediate action to correct it with the agent, and made it clear that it can not be repeated without repercussions.

My co-workers were friendly at a minimum, since the time control and duties did not allow anybody to get to know anybody else well enough to be friendly. In occasions and during lunch, we said hello and exchange a word or two. We only had 30 minutes for lunch.

The hardest part of the work was the constant ringing of the phones that we were not supposed to ignore for more than certain amount of seconds, and the strict control that we were submitted to in that particular activity. Eventually we all got use to it, and would automatically answered them within the time limit.

The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting other agents in their daily activities as Sr. agent, and it was part of my duties, so in my case I had a little more flexibility than others.
Great Place to Work
Travel Coordinator (Current Employee), Grand RapidsJune 23, 2015
This company has a great culture, with good career advancement. Plenty of resources and tools to get your job done. Peers are friendly and helpful, it is a true team atmosphere.
Great Managers
National Program Manager (Former Employee), Home BasedJune 11, 2015
Left after working there 25 years, no advancement opportunities, and no work/life balance. No performance issues, I left because I needed a challenge.
Unfortunately, has become bureaucratic management
Admin. Assistant - Communications Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 27, 2015
Pros: some travel industry discounts (hotels, cars)
Cons: hours cut, opportunities to advance lacking
Co-workers are excellent, hard-working, caring employees.
Upper management culture has changed in past 2 years to be bureaucratic and all about the bottom line only.
Senior Director, Global Business Partners (Current Employee), Minnetonka, MNMay 27, 2015
Carlson Wagonlit Travel (CWT) is a fast-paced, ever-changing, opportunistic place to work. CWT provides many opportunities with a positive focus on people and business growth.
Great Co-workers
Senior Travel Counselor/Lead Agent (Current Employee), Downers Grove, ILApril 10, 2015
Pros: Opportunity to work from home
Cons: shorten hours, more money is put into technology than the people
I enjoy working with my co-workers and the opportunity to work from home. And helping all our clients by being on call. My typical day consists of helping agents and clients.
Very knowledgeable co-workers
Senior Corporate Travel Counselor (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNMarch 30, 2015
Carlson is synonymous with micro management and every aspect of your work is measured. They closely monitor production and volume and encourage you to take time without pay when it is slow.
Can be a nice place to work
Corporate Travel Counselor (Former Employee), Downers Grove, ILMarch 26, 2015
You can get ahead using good networking. Excellent training programs for employees. Cross training is available, they do encourage employee growth.i
Micro-managed and underpaid
Senior International travel Consultant (Former Employee), USMarch 18, 2015
Pros: virtual positions
Cons: micro managed like a slave in call center foreign country. no respect.
This company is good for transition to a better job. They have complicated the most simple task in an already complicated industry. Be prepared to answer to multiple managers every day. Constant interruptions, constantly implementing new programs and training, and their time management makes it almost impossible to get time off for vacation. No free tickets. They beg and implement mandatory time off without pay, to take off 30 min to an hour a day to save money even when the staff is short handed. This puts pressure on agents creating margin for error and poor customer service. I've been In the industry over 20 years and it is the most underpaid job for what is expected I have ever had. Their profit margin and client retention is excellent due to the experienced agents working their fingers to the bone, but the agents are not happy. I would not work for this company again unless I was in a transitional situation only. Hopefully, it is a regional issue. Don't walk, run....
Don't recommend for young professionals
Financial Reporting Accountant (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MinnesotaMarch 16, 2015
Pros: i don't know
Cons: not much chance to advance
CWT - Carlson Wagonlit Travel is the world largest travel company, but don't see much diversity in HQ. Very slim chance of getting promoted as well. I won't recommend this company for young professional who like to prove him or herself and think that their work gets recognized with rewards.
What a great place to work
CASINO ADMINISTRATOR /COMPLIANCE MANAGER (Former Employee), San Juan, PRFebruary 13, 2015
I enjoyed so much this job. Everyone goes on the same direction, employees and management. Very professional, old school employees. Long hours with customers that was great, trip, raffles, and excursions. The management always do fun activities.
Fun workplace
Xerox Docu-Care (Current Employee), Plymouth, MNFebruary 2, 2015
Presently take care of DocuCare for all the walk up copiers in the Carlsco Towers 601 Building. Replace Toners/Drums as needed and place Service Calls.
A mix of 46 Xerox Color & Black/White Copiers.
Aslo run AP and Canadian self seal Checks for Carlson and Carlson Wagonlit Travel.
ok
Field IT Consultant (Former Employee), Downers Grove, ILJanuary 19, 2015
They were a ok company to work for. they have a good atmosphere to work in.
corporate travgel for facebook
Senior Travel Consultant (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CANovember 13, 2014
Hardest part different policies for different accounts.
Fun to work with people.
Awesome company with below average client management
Business Analyst - Travel Program (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CANovember 10, 2014
Organize ad hoc reports and assist client manager.

Learned a lot about the travel industry.

Mangement was very upbeat and friendly. Client management was horrible and happiness draining.

Co-workers were super friendly. Co-worker who worked with me at client's site was such a worry-wart and turned nothing into a dramatic situation.

Dealing with the client management and her surrounding co-workers. Nothing but complaining and negative remarks.

Being able to speak with upper management and develop that relationship. Upper management was extremely friendly and caring.
Outstanding Company
Systems Analyst (Former Employee), San AntonioNovember 6, 2014
Pros: tuition reimbursment
This company is loyal to her employees and works well to ensure the needs of the employee and the company are met. I have enjoyed working with CWT every time I've been employed there.
Great place to develop and grow your skills.
Lead programming and development team for kiosk (Former Employee), Murrieta CAOctober 23, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: travel/commute
Its a great place to work and great benefits but I was relocated and had to leave.
Was a nice paying job.
Travel Consultant (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 24, 2014
The pay was very nice for the job but the work and the hours were pretty hard.
Wonderful job
Travel Operations Manager (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MNSeptember 23, 2014
making travel arrangements for vacation and corporate travellers
IT Manager, Global InfoSec Operations/Engineering
IT Manager, Global InfoSec Ops and Engineering (Current Employee), Minnetonka, MNSeptember 13, 2014
Carlson Wagonlit Travel (CWT) began separation of IT services from Carlson Corporate in 2013. I was hired on as the program manager for global Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) and regional manager of the physical security program.

1 2 3 4

About Carlson Wagonlit Travel

Carlson Restaurants Worldwide (CRW) has a lot of Friday's for which to be thankful. A leader in full-service restaurants, the – Read more

Carlson Wagonlit Travel Salaries

$41,000 per year
Travel Consultant
$40,000 per year

Carlson Wagonlit Travel Photos

Quando organizei inauguração de uma loja