Carlson Employee Reviews in United States

Low pay, no holiday pay, no paid time off
Residential Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNDecember 16, 2015
Not a fun place to work. Severely understaffed. Owner doesn't seem to care about the residents or staff. Low pay. While you slave away for little pay the owner will be going on African big game hunts for a new trophy to put in his trophy room.
Pros
casual part time work
Cons
no benefits
Franchise rules..
travel agent (Former Employee) –  spanaway, waMarch 24, 2015
Very structured, good environment. More important to secure the sale and upsell than to spend time actually getting to know the clients to really KNOW what to offer them..Not to spend time but to hurry and take the next client.Management a bit overbearing at times, Co workers at times became competitive rather than "team players"Hardest part of working in this environment was pressure. THe other employees and I were purchased.....when the new franchise bought the business.Prior to the purchase, we al worked well and the agency was doing very well. After the purhase, only myself and one other agent stayed for as long as we could stand it.We all felt that the long relationships we had with loyal clients was on the line for sure. It was very difficut to retain those relationshps with the "sell them up, dont spend too much time, etc etc etc"...we didnt work that way. None of the 9 employees that were there when the franchise took over stayed. It just took me and one other a bit more time because I didt want to cause problems either.Enjoyable part...I fastly became their top salesman and for many times over...I love to make my cliets dreams come true.
Pros
bonus awards
Cons
being monitored
Great workplace
Development Processor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 16, 2014
Easy place to work with a friendly staff who is very helpful

Volatile job security

Management cared about the employees
A nice place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CANovember 3, 2014
A typical day was typing contracts for third party contractors. Mailing contracts. I learned how to prepare contracts. Management was very professional. My co workers were pleasant. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning about contracts.
Pros
a professional place to work
Cons
company went under
good company
Global Talent Management Consultant (Current Employee) –  MinneapolisOctober 30, 2014
very traditional company. Good co-workers, friendly enrionment.
Team Member Services Representative Temp (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJune 10, 2014
I usually get the mail from the mail room, answer phones, type up data for manager, and help other employees when they need me.
Working here is a great for me because it gives me experience in the field of study that I am in school for.
Pros
great atmosphere, friendly people
Cons
not enough hours
Great people on the team that I worked with
Sr. Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNOctober 22, 2013
We had a great team that was formed to bring the outsourced IT back into Carlson. After a change in management the team started to breakup due to management control issues. 5 out of 11 people left due to these management issues.
Fast paced, challenging company in a fluctuating market.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 11, 2013
All work, and no play, keeps you on your toes. I learned many things pertaining to Management, Inventory, Customer service, Sales (Both outside, and inside), transportations & logistics, Warehouse work, and management, Shipping, and receiving, large amounts of purchasing, and distribution supply. Close knit family atmosphere with all of the other co-workers.
Pros
always something new to learn, and always a way to keep productive.
Cons
economy crashed while working in the construction industry.
Solid company that takes care of it's employees
Data Center Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNApril 22, 2013
Results orientated management allows for flexibility in working day to day.
Pros
very flexible work/life
Cons
many people here 10+ years, so hard to advance unless new position created or someone retires or moves on
It was a good place to work.
Small business owner (Former Employee) –  Ashland, Wi.March 19, 2013
I enjoyed loading and unloading trucks, working with the machines and drivers that came in.
Pros
work experience
Cons
small wages
It was a good place to work, management didn't take care of thier employees like I felt they should of.
Laundry Attendant, -Duties (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAOctober 17, 2012
Co-workers were good people, everyone got along and we help0ed each other when deemed necessary
Pros
free breakfast most of the time
Cons
no insurance
Very intriguing and complex projects
Ca. Provided project management leadership (Former Employee) –  Sun Valley, CAJuly 19, 2012
Great experience on the fields of designing, building and supervising the installation of environment signage, architectural specialty items, major art installations, etc.
Pros
interesting work...never a dull moment
Part of the team
Acting General Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 22, 2012
Working for TGI Fridays for over 14years, my experience was such a learning experince. I had many different titles and the company was very tuned into developing there people to move forward in there personal career. The training piece was great due to they had systems in place and structure and can develop people and build on there knowledge. The company overall had some great networking and had friendly comepetiton which paid in financial benefits. Overall my experience with the company was awesome! The fun , the flair and the atmosphere. However I do have to say liked the atmosphere back in the day of stripes and hats... a little unigue twist that put us apart from the other local chain resturants!
Pros
great place to work, benefits for hourly and management, dining perks
Cons
sometimes long term employees maybe over looked, for up coming postions
working in Calrson