Carlton-Bates Company Employee Reviews

Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 5, 2017
accounts Receivable
collections
billing
interaction with other companies under the umbrella of this company
open door policy with CEO.
fantastic Human resource department.
Pros
good diverse company to work for.
Stressful
management (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 30, 2015
Continual and excessive demands for accurate forecasts and immediate results during a down economy. A publically held company with unrealistic shareholder demands that all flows down hill.
Pros
Compensation not bad
Cons
24 hour stress
Friendly environment with room for advancement.
Purchasing Administrative Assistant (Expediter) (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 30, 2014
In my department among others, the social connection between employees is strong. We are comfortable with each other, joke with each other, and help each other out when needed (either at work or sometimes outside of work). I advanced within 2 months of being hired and others are constantly advancing within the company. Management is lenient except in the warehouse where things are a little more strict because they are much more busy and it is harder for others to pick up the slack when one person is gone. I love it here because of my co-workers and the management. Plus, there is a "Fun Friday" every quarter in which employees can participate in various games. There is "Camp Carlton-Bates" once each summer for employees' children to come and watch a movie and play some games with lunch provided. Casual Fridays happen often in which employees can wear jeans. The Blood Mobile with the Red Cross comes once every 3 months for blood donations as well, making it easy for people who donate to do so. Benefits are great and raises are common, at least with hourly employees. I cannot speak for salary employees.
Pros
Lenient management, friendly co-workers, fun fridays, many activities, raises, room for growth
Cons
Communication between departments, training of sales within the system
a comfortable place to live and work.
Inside Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  shreveport LAJune 27, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of calling clients and managing a territory list in south LA, creating spreadsheets of data, submitting credit info, researching products and formulating margins and quotes. I learned what it takes to create profit, engage new business and build business relationships professionally. The management teams are diverse and well informed, they did a great job at oversight as well as rewarding and caring for their employees. My co-workers did their jobs efficiently and helped each-other when they had time. The hardest part of the job for me was not being able to be in the field with clients like I wanted. The most enjoyable part of my job was making client calls and seeing my performance rise weekly from doing my job well.
Pros
some travel and company lunches, hotels
Cons
can become mundane at times
Great company that treats you like family
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 12, 2012
My initial job is to assist two sales representatives with order entry. They look over their orders and make any notes for me and I enter it into our computer database. I also check the shipping status' on existing purchase orders and inform the customers on the shipping date. I have other assignments to complete throughout the day.

My co-workers are great, very personable and we get along very well. The people are probably the best part of my job. They're nice and we help each other out when we need it.

My boss is very well liked. She is firm but sincere and wants us to work to the best of our ability.

One thing this job has taught me is to stay consistent with what you are doing and keep at it even when you feel like you don't want to do it anymore because people are counting on you to do your job.

The hardest part of my job is that the work is tedious at times. It's very repetitive. The only time I get to get up and move is when I need a break for either water or bathroom and my lunch. The work is challenging but only for the logical part of my brain and my creative side hardly ever gets to shine
Pros
the people, friendly atmosphere
Cons
no opportunity to be artistic
Work with parts
Admin Asst (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, aRFebruary 28, 2012
Job description was unclear about position. Was data entry not administrative assistant. No job training was present--was put to work assuming I already knew their system