Carlton Staffing Employee Reviews

Working at Carlton Staffing
Encoder (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 20, 2015
My experience at Carlton Staffing was a very different environment. the reason of it is there were things going on everywhere; where everyone was busy. Encoding was a very easy to learn and a very repetitive job. But it taught me many things on being orderly and shipshaped when it comes down to sorting the mail and entry data. I really liked it!
Pros
Fast Pace Bonuses
Cons
short breaks
Always work to be done
Shipping Clerk (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXAugust 21, 2015
Mandatory over time
Stand up to 10 hrs
fast paced
hardest part was knowing which sized box goes on which pallet, but after a week or so you adapt to it.
Uneventful
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, Tx (Inside the Loop)January 8, 2015
I was lied to about the job I was placed at by the recruiter who placed me there. I would not recommend this agency (inside the loop) as I headed into the new year without a job. Everything I was told about this employer was a lie, and that employer was in on the scam. I would not recommend this agency to no one.
Pros
was excited about working after not being employed after 4 months
Cons
was lied to by agency and the seedy company i was placed.
Carlton
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 30, 2015
Carlton helps provide jobs in all areas and will work with you to get the job that best fits your skills
I had a great experience with Carlton they gavce me my first opportunity after moving to Houston
Bad
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 5, 2015
No constant work only a few jobs here and there and also no overtime offered to any employees at all the jobs that I was sent to was only day by day basis
Answering multi phone lines and greeting guest
Baker Nissan/Oil States (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 2, 2014
Answering multi phone lines, greeting guest and directing guest to the right person. I've learned how to create employee badges and access gate cards. The hardest part was when I transferred a call and the guest didn't get a live body on the other end of the phone. I worked downstairs and the party the guest wanted to talk to worked upstairs. The guest want to know if that person is here or not and I couldn't answer that question, the guest would get very upset. The most enjoyable part of the job that I wasn't working with difficulty people and they were team players.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
assignments didn't last long
Enjoyable work environment
Staffing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Staffing AssistantSeptember 19, 2013
I really liked the branch that I worked at. The group got along for the most part. I think everyone is intitled to a bad day here or there, especially with an office filled with females. This is the first company that took a chance on me. They taught me about recruiting and got me interested in HR. They gave me confidence. They were my first office family. Corporate management was involved and tried to make sure their employees were happy.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
compensation
A great company, keeping me very busy
Multiple Warehouse positions and General labor (Current Employee) –  Stafford,TxMay 7, 2012
A typical day at work for me changes becauce my contract keep changeing. I have learned that i love hard work,and lots of new skills that will make me a very valuable employee to have. Management has been great very helpful. I have enjoyed all the new people i have meet,and made some new friends. The hardest part of the job is having to change jobs when the contract is up.The most enjoyable part of the job is all the new things im learning.
Pros
im learning a lot of differant warehouse skills
Cons
the jobs are temp jobs
Worst staffing agency in houston texas
Saw Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston TexasFebruary 25, 2013
I dont know if these reviews were done in Carlton's Office by its own employees or what. This staffing agency lied about more that one or two things. They lied about payscale and job availabities. I received two different lies from 2 different branches and would not recommend anyone to this agency. Take your talents to someone that will appreciate and a company that will not tamper with you taxes information
Cons
everything
I have enjoyed working for Carlton Staffing, however I will need to find something a little closer to home.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 16, 2013
the job I am currently performing has enhanced my knowledge of Quick Books. the hardest part of the job is having no one to back me up, should i have to be out of the office. the most enjoyable part of the job are the people and the small office environment.
Pros
heavy work load
Cons
lack of healthcare and no one to back me up, should i have to be out.
Staffing Agency
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 4, 2012
They are like most staffing agencies, you register and wait for them to find you a job that can last anywhere from 1 day to 12 months contract with no benefits or guarantee perm position. the best part about this is it gives you the chance to work for a variety of companies and you meet different people.
Pros
variety
Cons
no stability
Loved working for this company!!
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 1, 2012
They were consistent in finding work assignments for me and once I built up rapport with the company they put me on long term or temp to hire assignments at very competitive pay rates!!
Pros
great assignments, knowledgeable staff
Cons
the benefits offered to temp associates are very minimal
Great place to work, boss took us out to eat at least once a week if not more
Administrative Asst. (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 7, 2012
Answered phones, did Engineer reports, accounts payable.
Management and co workers were great, we always worked
through problems. Nothing really hard about the position, enjoyed
being at my job.
Pros
worked well with everyone, like family
Great Staff
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXJune 4, 2015
this is very profession company- contract work - limited benefits - limited permanent placement or temp -to hire postions
they dont listen
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 25, 2015
quick to get you work just not necessary what you desire or are looking for. but will try to get you something to help get you started
Pros
quick start
Cons
they do not listen
Ats
Collection Rep (Former Employee) –  Dallas,txMarch 17, 2015
working for ats was very easy I had a great schedule and listened to every word you said about the work and really wanted to know if that work place was comfortable for you
us health
Insurance Verification (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 1, 2015
I loved the promptness of locating me a job, but disliked being let go with no explanation..
I really enjoyed working there, it was a real easy job. I met a lot of really nice people,
staffing company
Order Picker/ Lift driver (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXFebruary 20, 2015
worked all powered industrial trucks, and picked orders off of a pick list, great work environment with awesome co workers
Pros
great company
Cons
healtcare
Enjoyable enviroment and overall a great work place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 10, 2013
My experience with Carlton Staffing was a great one. The employees were very respectable and the enviroment was very comfortable.
Pros
bonuses, lunches and extra benefits for the employees
maintenance mechanic
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 6, 2014
maintenance mechanic at coca cola in fort worth through the staffing agency. I maintained the production equipment. completed work orders. disassembled, rebuilt and installed equipment and parts/spares.