CarMax

CarMax Employer Reviews

DO THE BEST AS MUCH YOU CAN DO
PC Technician (Contract) (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: love is life
Cons: don't lose your struggle
LEARN LOT OF NEW THINGS DURING MY WORK IT WAS FUN TO WORKED WITH LOT EMPLOYERS
Great Morals
Detail Specialist (Former Employee), Garland, TXSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: learning something new everyday
Cons: hours
Cosmetic Repairs, Interior and Exterior Detailing. I most enjoyed getting to learn something new each day about my job, always getting the opportunity to improve. My co-workers were like family and management was always there to help me.
Excellent Benefits and Advancement Opportunities
Lead Business Office Associate (Former Employee), Boynton Beach, FLSeptember 25, 2014
CarMax is great place to meet and build relationships with people. They offer great benefits for part-time and full-time employees. It's a great place for any motivated individual to start from the bottom and move their way up the ladder.
productive and fun place to work
Auto Detailer (Former Employee), South Jordan, UTSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: great company
Cons: poor management
Great company to work for fun and fast paced. Seems like there was opportunity for advancement if it would have been followed thru with management.
Must be very disciplined
Sales (Former Employee), houston txSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: something new everyday
Cons: hard to budget, paychecks are never the same
Not much room for Career growth, Not the best place to work if your the main source of income,
For the People
Reconditioning Associate (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNSeptember 23, 2014
CarMax was a place that I could tell really cared for its employees and to me no matter what your hourly rate is or your yearly salary when you feel management really cares about you personally than your experience and time there will be grand.
Great place to work if you like big corporate
Service Advisor (Current Employee), FLSeptember 21, 2014
Alluring business model, friendly staff, award winning, but could be getting too big a company for true advancement from the bottom up. Management seems to come mostly from outside the company. If you're lowly, you stay lowly.
Boa
Business Office Associate (Current Employee), Valparaiso, INSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: free food
Okay job, my training was rush felt like I had to learn everything on my own then you yell at when the job is not correctly.
fun place to work
Car Detailer (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 12, 2014
a typical day at work would be very calm but yet fast pace environment every day you learn the progress that the company makes the managers are very nice and are encouraging on going to school. the people you work with are fun and nice. the hardest part of this job would be the long days when theres a bunch of work to be done. over all the best part – more... of the job would be me being able to attend school and them working with my schedule – less
Team based, good overall starting place for new technician
Automotive Technician (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: employee benefits are outstanding, catered lunches common
Cons: production based company, customer vehicle repair secondary for bottom line, lack of dealer based software for proper diagnosis. lack of dealer specific tools for repairs, low pay.
Typical work day consisted of daily meeting/ pep talk. Work is usually slow on retail side. Team is easy to work with and eager to lend specific advise about manufacture based concerns. Knowledge of all type of manufactures learned. Nothing about job is difficult.
Sales consultant (Current Employee), Ontario, CASeptember 11, 2014
This is a good place to work. Flexible with your schedule and a fun work atmosphere.
productive fast pace work place
detailer (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: 1hr long lunch breaks, team meetings with food
Cons: graveyard shift
CarMax
a typical day at CarMax was for me a wonderful and fun experience every day I would get a new car to take care of. you clock in check in your computer get your details on what is needed to be done to the cars your going to have that day and get to work. As long as you manage your time well and your keep up with the pace your managers tend to – more... be very laid back. My manager was very helpful and well as my coworkers. you work by yourself but if your coworkers see that you are in need they are always willing to help. the hardest part for me was the night shift. being a fulltime mother with two children it seemed as if I hardly got any sleep so I was exhausted by the end of the week. the most enjoyable part was being able to drive different cars and trucks also my team mates – less
okay
Parts Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLSeptember 10, 2014
It was okay, okay people to work with. they dont train well or promote at all
A Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For
Operation Associate (Former Employee), Columbus, OHSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: free lunches, constant training, career growth opportunities
Carmax is an amazing place to work. No wonder why it has been a 'Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For," for 10 years in a row....

Great corporate culture and harmonious working environment.

Friendly co-workers and great teamwork workplace
Great atmosphere focused on Associate development
Business Office Manager for Bakersfield Location (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CASeptember 3, 2014
Pros: focus in on development of associates
Cons: micro management
I learned a lot in my time there regarding the importance of giving and receiving feedback to develop associates. Focus is on developing engaged associates that are bought in to the Carmax experience. This results in engaged associates delivering world-class customer service.
mediocre
Supply Associate (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VASeptember 3, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: not much room for advancement
10 hour shifts
overtime available
order Car parts
Call dealers during business hours
Receive incoming parts
Wonderful workplace
Business Office Associate (Former Employee), ColoradoSeptember 2, 2014
I worked in the Business Office at CarMax for 6 months and loved every minute of it. I quickly started working with some of the friendliest people around. There are incentives for just about everything and the management is wonderful. I just wish that I didn't have to move so i would still be employed there!
Great Place to work
Inventory Associate (Current Employee), MarylandSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: free lunches a lot of the time
Cons: working outside
Fun envoiorment but always outside in the weather. Met some of my best friends there to this day. Low pay for all the hard work you do.
Great place to work!
Sales Associate (Current Employee), TexasSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: definitley most fun job i've had
Cons: long hours
CarMax is a fun and friendly, no pressure sales environment. Very good place to work if you have good sales experience. And if you don't, their training is outstanding. One of my favorite jobs so far!
turned from family company into a corporation
ASE Certified Mechanic (Former Employee), Martinez, GAAugust 28, 2014
Use to be a great place to work, every year it falls farther down the list of top 100 great places to work. It's getting to big to fast and has a lot of unqualified managers in key positions that have control of your career.

1 2 3 4 5

About CarMax

CarMax, a FORTUNE 500 company and one of the FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For” for ten consecutive years, is – Read more