CarMax

CarMax United States Employee Reviews

Business Office Associate (Former Employee), Independence, MOApril 20, 2015
CarMax is a wonderful place to work if you enjoy problem solving, multitasking and customer service. The management is always there for you and whiling to work with you to help you be better.
Carmax Cares
Late Collections Specialist II (Current Employee), Kennesaw, GAApril 19, 2015
Carmax cares about their employees. They provide a lot of incentives and you can matriculate through the company in a timely fashion.
Carmax is a pretty upbeat place to work for. I have enjoyed my two years as an employee.
Business Office Associate (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNApril 17, 2015
Pros: Employee moral, free food, happy work environment
Cons: low pay
CarMax is a good place to work, like any other place it has its pros and cons but overall it has been a job that I enjoy. I have great management to work under, there is a great feedback process that everyone follows. The pay is lower than average, and the balance of work/ personal life is not there. It would be a great job for someone that is in college or does not have a family.
Excellent group to be a part of.
Reconditioning Associate (Former Employee), Madison, WIApril 17, 2015
Pros: Coworkers, Management, Hours
Cons: Compensation and benefits
Everyone here was excellent and thoroughly enjoyed day to day work. Very refreshing work environment, and very positive management.
Awesome place to work
Automotive Technician (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 16, 2015
Great management all about family and co-workers.comfortable work space and awesome values fun place to work and awesome home work balance
Favorite Job
Satellite Service Manager (Former Employee), USAApril 16, 2015
Carmax has been my favorite job in my working life (Im 24). I have had the opportunity for huge professional growth, I have had 8 promotions in under 4 years. I started as a part time weekend associate and worked my way all the up to a manager and now I over see my own store.
Pros- growth opportunities, friendly people, great compensation
Cons- if you do not like feedback don't even apply Carmax is a culture of feedback, lots of meetings and conference calls for managers 6 per week at 1 hour each, you almost always have to walk on egg shells when talking to anyone, this place is a hotbed for gossip and rumor mills for some reason ( you will not have any personal business here)
Fun, high volume retail enviroment
LEAD BUSINESS OFFICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 14, 2015
My typical day will include interacting with numerous internal and external customers. CarMax has taught me to manage my time effectively to complete my job duties in the most effective manner.
A Day at Carmax
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Lancaster, PAApril 11, 2015
Working at Carmax is one of the greatest job experiences I have ever had. my coworkers and management team are great. Our approach is up front and honest and we make it really easy for customers to open up to us. It makes it alot easier to find out what they really need in their next vehicle. It is truly the way car buying should be
A great place to grow and develop as a manager.
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Nashville, TNApril 10, 2015
Pros: Strong sense of team. Great people. Great manager development program.
Cons: Retail schedule. Occasional difficult customer situations. Significant pressure to move up.
Customer service. Coaching sales consultants. Handling credit approvals.

Grew as a manager significantly.

Management is very fair.

Enjoyed working with great people.
good place to work
Service Advisor (Current Employee), Henderson, NVApril 9, 2015
Good benefits and had a good training experience. They are really good a building employees up to be a better team. Loved the all experience of CarMax. Made a lot of long term friends.
LEAD INVENTORY ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCApril 9, 2015
Carmax was a great place to be. I meet many fun and exciting people and learned alot of new things while working for his great company
Outstanding place to work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Lithia Springs, GAApril 8, 2015
Pros: Unlimited Income Potential
Cons: None
Great Management. I enjoyed dealing with potential Car buyers on a daily basis.All co-workers were top notch. Working hours were very flexible.
great learning environment
Business Office Associate (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 8, 2015
They will grow you as an employee and individual by giving you all the tools to learn the job and perform it well. The management is caring and understanding, they are there for you and the company.
I was an sales consultant.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Jackson, MSApril 6, 2015
It is an fun job really love the company. My job on a daily basis was to sale cars. I was very good at that. The management is to controlling.
Great place to help consumers buy/sell cars.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Torrance, CAApril 4, 2015
Carmax is truly a great place to get an honest and quick service on a car that you are selling or buying. We know what we are doing an we are here to help.
DO NOT WORK HERE!!!!!!
Sales (Former Employee), Kennesaw, GAApril 1, 2015
Pros: Not working here
Cons: everything listed and more.
Worst job in the world. Management is built to constantly show you every mistake. Over the top amount of role plays, meetings and extra busy work with no compensation. The worst hours in the automotive industry and you will likely stay until nearly midnight just to open the next morning. Pay is horrible for the work expected and the company brain washes you into their my way or the highway mentality. Not to mention you pay out of pocket for their clothes you are forced to buy.... Run away. Fast!!!
Company
SR. SALES MANAGER (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Benefits, development
Cons: Must relocate to advance
There is a reason why it is fortune 100 best companies to work for. Great company to work for but you have to be willing to relocate.
Fortune 500
S.S. Operations Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Many events for associates
Cons: Work life balance is non existent.
Everything we do these days is based around winning another Fortune 500 award. It used to be customer service and quality cars.
lousy pay fun if your in college
Business Office Associate (Former Employee), North Attleboro, MAMarch 28, 2015
Pros: food and games plenty of room for advancement
Cons: low wages and 7 day work week
not a job if you like being yourself. they force training down your throat. they want constant role play and meetings. make a mistake and you will hear about it during every evaluation. i loved my coworkers but management was friendly but had their favorites.
pay is bi weekly and although you feel your there all the time the pay is very low. you even have to buy your own clothes from their company store and they are not cheap. also every department does the snow removal from the cars
they do reward you with food, games and such
Mechanical no thought promoting processes
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Omaha, NEMarch 28, 2015
If you are a seasoned sales person this is not the company for you. They prefer a drone someone that can be programmed. God for bid you do not stay on the path of following the process. Micro management is their specialty.

1 2 3 4 5

About CarMax

CarMax was founded more than 20 years ago to fundamentally change the way car buying is done. We make the process more ethical, – Read more

CarMax Salaries