Carmel Partners Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Maintenance Community Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davis, CAJuly 12, 2017
The management was very laid back and the benefits were amazing for the job that was required. If you like interacting with people, this is a great place to work while in school or if you are interested in property management.
Sorry that upper management changed.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 1, 2017
Carmel was a great place to work. Basically i was left alone to produce renovated units as quickly as possible. When i came on board my predecessor had botched the entire process. they were completing apartments in 90 to 120 days. I was left alone and my nearest supervisor was in Denver CO. I set everything in place and brought down unit completions to 30 days--punched and ready for move in. I put pressure on myself and put that runaway train back on track. Sorry i left but they changed also and the company is not the same any more.
Review Summary
Private Equity Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 23, 2017
Great company that capitalized on intellectual capital and the utilization of energy opportunities. I experienced a tremendous amount of a deep breath of analytical exposure.
Good benefits, good corporate culture
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 20, 2017
Encouraged to succeed, allowed to create my own success. Good pay, paid full bonus. Great managers. Supportive staff. Good benefit program. Flexible hours.
Easy going and fun place to work
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 9, 2017
This was the best company I worked for. Unfortunately this project ended in Hawaii without a new one in the works. I highly recommend working for Carmel Partners if they ever have another project on the islands.
Solid structured company with excellent benefits
Corporate AP Accountant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 25, 2016
From the beginning to the end of each day was always something new to learn. The management team always interacted with each associate. Their wellness programs were great.
Pros
Free monthly lunches, free parking garage
Cons
short breaks
awesome company with great people
Capital improvements supervisor (Current Employee) –  Antelope, CAOctober 23, 2016
I truly enjoyed my time at carmel I was there over 10 years, the people and places were great to work with. Carmel moved away from the construction aspect there for I am looking for a new job
Pros
people and properties
Cons
out of work
Great Day at Carmel
Job Cost Accountant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 27, 2016
I enjoyed my experience as an employee of Carmel Partners, I learned and strengthened my customer service skills and my accounting skills. I learned to balance and help residents resolve financial hardships, and became more confident calling vendors and balancing accounts. The skills and tools I gained will continue to help me in my future career path.
Pros
Team players, Office lunches, and birthday outings.
Cons
Corporate office rules continuallychanging.
Great Company to work for
Report Developer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 8, 2016
The culture of the company and work environment has been pleasant. Job growth opportunities have been a valuable part of my journey through the company and my skill set level at which I am currently at.
Pros
Team Building functions, Growth Opportunities and Amazing Co-workers
Excellent Company to work for.
Senior Account Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 20, 2016
Carmel Partners, Inc. was a good company to work at, for many years very family friendly. jfsasnhwerklrfjdvfdnhgdfklbv
Student property that is a work in progress
Administrative Community Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davis, CAJanuary 9, 2016
A day at work would run from normal concierge services rendered for a resident to handling a work project with no clear instructions and a deadline.
Pros
It was a great way to meet many young professionals and make lasting friends.
Cons
Unstable work environment.
Amazing company
Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 6, 2015
This was the best company I have ever worked for. It was a fun, relaxed, and supportive environment. The people were some of the best I've ever worked with/for. They were friendly, motivated, and everyone helped one another without any gripes about how it may or may not have been their job.
Pros
Friendly people, relaxed environment, flexible, free lunch once a month
Happy to be!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJuly 9, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was being part of the lease up development of the community and the residents were amazing!
Great place to work!
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 8, 2015
Great people, great leadership! Loved the team work involved with this company. Love going to work everyday. Good training programs, excellent trainers, great company events.
Pros
People
Cons
Work life balance
Busy Fun Excellent Company
LEASING ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COJanuary 23, 2014
Company is excellent at rewarding hard working employees - they have an excellent training program and are very consistent! It was a very rewarding career in which I completely miss being apart of the Carmel family!
Hectic Environment
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Glendale, COJanuary 13, 2014
Hectic environment. Poor planning by management results in employees having to redo work, because not enough emphasis is placed upon thinking before following through on work tasks. Management seemed to me to be overly stressed at times. Employees are also stressed. The company seemed to me to be a sweatshop at times. Bonuses are rewarded to different salaried employees, yet this creates an environment of competition between employees instead of collaboration.
Pros
Free potluck lunch once per month on Carmel.
Cons
Lunches breaks are silently discouraged.
Great for sales and some real estate experience, not for career
Leasing Professional (Current Employee) –  Davis, CAAugust 7, 2013
Unless one plans on going into a career in sales, real estate, and/or property management then this position is only great for the experience but not a career. A typical day consists of taking calls from interested customers and current residents; the job tasks for repetivite and some times tededious. Organization is key in order to efficiently work on files, help your team and help others over the phone, via email, or in person. I've learned how to comfortably and confident ask work in sales and I've learned how to utilize an online software for the position. I have also learned how to review lease contracts with customers and review account ledgers for their rent payments. I think one of the hardest part of the job is maintaining consistent communication with all the customers we receive on a daily basis but I really enjoy interacting and helping them find the best place to lvie in Davis.
Pros
Access to an clubhouse: pool and BBQ area, 24/7 gym, game area, movie theater; occassional catered lunch
Cons
Great benefits. Short lunch break, limited time off, slow during the fall and early winter
Busy older community built in the late 1940's.
Assistant Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 5, 2013
Previously Military Base Housing. Purchased and updated by Carmel Partners in 2004. Busy office.
Pros
Excellent benefit package
Cons
worked through lunches, worked six days in a row to cover other properties as needed, Not alot of back up from management to keep duties completed in my absence.
Fast Paced, deadline driven environment
Manager of Systems Support (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 17, 2013
The Carmel Brand is associated with a high quality product for Multifamily Real Estate.
Company Excels in Business
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 3, 2013
Excellent Real Estate company investment company that leads in Residential and Commercial Real estate rentals.
Great benefits and Job Security. Great for investments