General Statement of Main Function: The security professional is primarily responsible for the safety and security of the residents. Protect, guard and monitor the property against fire, theft, vandalism and illegal entry. Routine checking of mechanical and other equipment for malfunction is performed. We are looking for someone with excellent communication skills. Some light maintenance work will be required. This position is part time (21 hrs. per week). Hours are from 8:30pm to 7am, 2 nights per week. Please apply online or in person
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The front access of the residence must be monitored and secured at all times. Permits authorized personnel and approved family members to enter premises.
- Watches for and reports irregularities such as fire hazards, leaking water pipes, and security doors left unlocked.
- Examine doors, windows and entry ways to determine that they are secure.
- Observe departing personnel against theft of facility or resident property during evening and night hours.
*Works cooperatively with evening and night personnel to monitor and make rounds to secure the building and have resident service personnel be stationed at front entrance. This is a joint effort from all that are on duty to achieve the duties that are assigned and need to be carried out by both parties.
- Performs assigned janitorial duties and sets thermostatic controls to maintain specified temperature in common areas.
- Communication should be clear, direct and provided in positive manner that is helpful and understood clearly.
- Patrol periodically the building and grounds including the mechanical room.
- Performs other related duties for the maintenance and security department as directed.
Demonstrate effective management of time and schedule constraints as necessary. Must be able to handle responsibilities in a calm manner during emergency situations and follow established standards and guidelines. Records appropriate data such as property damage, unusual occurrences or malfunctioning equipment. Must be able to determine when it is appropriate to make contact with department management in dealing with equipment failure or related emergent situations.
High School diploma or GED; Experience in the security area is preferred.