Carmeuse Lime & Stone based in Pittsburgh, PA, is North America's largest producer of lime and limestone products. A division of the global Carmeuse Group based in Europe, Carmeuse Lime & Stone manufactures as much as 7 million tons of finished products and 25 million tons of chemical limestone and aggregates every year.
Backed by over 150 years of experience and teamed by over 2,000 employees, Carmeuse operates 28 manufacturing facilities in the USA and Canada.
Our products are quarried and mined from natural, high quality deposits of limestone and then graded and manufactured into quicklime, hydrated lime, and high purity chemical grade limestone. These products are used in a variety of industries including power generation, steel making, water and waste treatment, construction, land development, building materials, and paper manufacturing.
As a natural product, lime makes an excellent choice for these commercial applications, and is a leading contributor to the maintenance and preservation of the world's ecosystem.
Using cutting edge technology, the Carmeuse team conducts constant research and development to ensure the reliability of its products and meet customer needs. We also provide customer specific in-field application support. A network of terminals, employing trains, trucks, and barges, transports products to meet customer’s “On-time” demands.
Carmeuse offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that may include medical, dental, life, disability, vacation, holiday, and 401(k) savings plan, depending on your work location.
The Electrical Engineer is responsible for the overall coordination, design, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific capital projects and also general plant operations support and maintenance in the electrical and automation areas ensuring consistency with company strategy, internal and external customer satisfaction, and business goals. The Engineer coordinates with contractors, as necessary. This position is based at our Pittsburgh Technology Center but will cover the other North American operations (Canada and USA). Traveling is expected up to 50% depending on projects and could include extended assignments during critical construction and start-up periods.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Assist Operations with process control systems design by providing programming and troubleshooting to improve performance including data networks, Wonderware HMI’s, historian servers and PLC operations.
- Assist and advise Carmeuse North American plants in a variety of electrical engineering functions including analysis of power loading, device coordination, arc flash safety, energy use, etc.
- Develop and/or assist in creating estimates and schedules for capital projects. Maintain focus of completing projects on time and within budget constraints.
- Manage outside engineering companies with emphasis on schedule and budget for large projects.
- Review and approve project electrical single lines, schematics, and equipment specifications.
- Review and approve project control programs and functional control specifications.
- Direct and coordinate internal and external resources assigned to projects.
- Commissioning of electrical and automation systems. Receive systems from vendors ensuring the scope is fulfilled and the functionality and documentation are complete.
- Meet the end users expectations with a focus on functional effectiveness, long term reliability, and ease of maintenance.
- Implement consistent internal goals and tasks for Carmeuse North America operations.
- Interface with equipment and system integration vendors including expediting documentation and deliveries.
- Oversight for electrical energy conservation program.
- Oversight for onsite safety for operations and construction.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position reports directly to the Electrical and Automation Manager.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 5 plus year experience in electrical engineering/construction preferably in the lime/cement/bulk material handling industry.
- Must be able to interpret the NEC/CSA and able to reference pertinent articles;
- Must have a strong electrical and mechanical aptitude and be willing to undergo training to learn about lime and limestone production facilities equipment and instrumentation systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software including Excel, Word, Project and AutoCAD.
- Excellent personnel skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of internal and external customers and contractors both verbally and in writing.
- Highly motivated and able to work with a minimum of supervision in a multi-task, dynamic, team environment.
- Strong quantitative problem solving and time management skills
- Good knowledge of construction contracts and the legal aspects of engineering and construction.
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate using engineering drawings and sketches.
- Independent travel (driver’s license required). Overnight stays will be required.
- Ability to safely negotiate in and around heavy industrial equipment and construction sites.
- Detail and process oriented with strong problem resolution abilities; ability to use root cause analysis to troubleshoot
- Ability to relocate based on organizational needs
- Forward-thinking, resourceful and challenging the status quo;
- Strong communications skills: verbal, oral, and interpersonal skills;
- Able to handle conflicts with a win-win approach;