Carnegie Hall

Carnegie Hall Employer Reviews

Excellent and organized team where I gained unparalleled knowledge.
Development Intern (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 21, 2012
Pros: free concert tickets, access to parties, meeting lots of other music enthusiasts, office was in a convenient location
Cons: no permanent seat for interns
My primary tasks within Development at Carnegie Hall circled around daily interaction with our patrons. I contacted them over the phone and in writing, and also served as the Point Person for the Notables Prelude ($20) Level of Membership. Through general administrative tasks such as filing, database management on Tessitura, and phone coverage, I assisted – more... in the day to day operations of Carnegie Hall's rather large Development department. I learned about the different processes of creating and maintaining strong relationships with a donor base. I also strengthened my communication skills and learned how to speak with different audiences.

The management was superior. They were always warm in demeanor, even during stressful periods. They constantly encouraged that I ask questions and were helpful in facilitating any requests that I had.

My co-workers were also very warm and welcoming. Everyone was very approachable.

The hardest part of the job was staying focused during some of the more tedious tasks like filing. I simply had to remember that EVERYONE has to do it, and that even though the task seems small, it's very important to have all information about donors organized and easily accessible.

The most enjoyable part of the job was stewarding the special events and actually getting to meet the donors face to face and getting to know them a little better. I loved the excitement of preparing for the events and then, also learning how to adapt when circumstances don't go as planned. – less
It was a wonderful place to work!
Graphic Artist (Former Employee), Marketing Dept.December 16, 2011
I worked in the marketing department as a freelance graphic artist back in the late 80's. I was hired to create and build ads for the Sunday New York Times. It was a terrific experience that I will never forget!