Carnegie Hall Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Receptionist (Part-Time)
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 21, 2016
Typical day would be coming in check in/out students, faculty and guests and monitor 5 floors. Assist with if anything that managers acquired (not much).
Management is professional and friendly.
Co-workers were acquaintances, mostly update info of the day and upcoming events and that's it.
Hardest part was when things go wrong.
Most enjoyable was listening the musicians (students and professionals) play.
Pros
free meals after events
Cons
not enough hours
Very fun place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 11, 2017
Great place to work, Free coffee and tea. Saturday Morning Bagels and trimmings. Free Tickets. Good commissions in addition to an hourly salary. Loved it!!!
Pros
Free Coffe & Tea. Free tickets
Cons
None.
great work environment
assistant (Former Employee) –  new yorkSeptember 22, 2015
Overall Experience , Thoughts & Reflections
Artistic and Administrative Intern  (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 30, 2013
Typical Day of Work was very fast paced. It was a fun, vibrant atmosphere with a productive and fast moving undertone. I learned how to better handle multiple tasks at one time, be stable under pressure, always be a team-player and with a positive attitude handle any and all situations to the best of my ability. Management always provided a positive energy to the team. They knew what tasks/goals and objectives needed to be met at a specific time and went for it. Whatever the vision was for the day they sought after it with a vengeance. My co-workers were the most enjoyable part of this job. They quickly became not just workers but family and close-friends. We maturely & professionally handled differences, or disagreements and with love always listened to each others ideas and inspirations. We worked together and most days exceeded company goals. I would say the hardest part would be the unexpected; what do i mean? Everyday would be a new experience, have its own issues (if any) and just to know, be equipped and ready to take on any tasks in that moment was challenging but definitely not impossible.
Pros
Atmosphere, co-workers, productivity, New Ideas, Ability to impact a people, Managers
Cons
Having to Leave
Excellent and organized team where I gained unparalleled knowledge.
Development Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 21, 2012
My primary tasks within Development at Carnegie Hall circled around daily interaction with our patrons. I contacted them over the phone and in writing, and also served as the Point Person for the Notables Prelude ($20) Level of Membership. Through general administrative tasks such as filing, database management on Tessitura, and phone coverage, I assisted in the day to day operations of Carnegie Hall's rather large Development department. I learned about the different processes of creating and maintaining strong relationships with a donor base. I also strengthened my communication skills and learned how to speak with different audiences.

The management was superior. They were always warm in demeanor, even during stressful periods. They constantly encouraged that I ask questions and were helpful in facilitating any requests that I had.

My co-workers were also very warm and welcoming. Everyone was very approachable.

The hardest part of the job was staying focused during some of the more tedious tasks like filing. I simply had to remember that EVERYONE has to do it, and that even though the task seems small, it's very important to have all information about donors organized and easily accessible.

The most enjoyable part of the job was stewarding the special events and actually getting to meet the donors face to face and getting to know them a little better. I loved the excitement of preparing for the events and then, also learning how to adapt when circumstances don't go as planned.
Pros
free concert tickets, access to parties, meeting lots of other music enthusiasts, office was in a convenient location
Cons
no permanent seat for interns
It was a wonderful place to work!
Graphic Artist (Former Employee) –  Marketing Dept.December 16, 2011
I worked in the marketing department as a freelance graphic artist back in the late 80's. I was hired to create and build ads for the Sunday New York Times. It was a terrific experience that I will never forget!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carnegie Hall. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6