Carnegie Mellon University Employee Reviews

My advisor was the most irresponsible
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 20, 2017
The school is great however my research advisor was never there. And nobody ever required them to be there for the PhD students. I had no support from my advisor throughout PhD.
a tightnit team handling a high volume of stressful work
Student Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 18, 2017
As the front line for the Registrar's, Student Accounts, and Financial Aid offices, a small (4 person) team is required to master a wide range of skills and handle an extraordinarily high volume of inquiries in a very fast paced environment. We maintain efficiency and morale through collaboration, teamwork, humor, and friendliness.
Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 17, 2017
Little Stressful. but it is manageable. Payment is fair. I have only done a research internship in Carnegie Mellon. Professors are all very nice and easy to communicate.
Awesome nice job
Mechanical Turker (Former Employee) –  Downtown PittsburghOctober 16, 2017
It was a good job I did very well with it. The job had certain benefits however I didn't exactly like every detail to it but it helped me learn how to do certain subjects I never thought I'd be able to do. Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15206
Good place for PhD
PhD student (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 13, 2017
Good school. I was a part of large group, ~30 people. The professor was well known in his field, so the founding was good and research very interesting.
Great institution
Adjunct Faculty, Enterprise Innovation (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAOctober 13, 2017
Excellent keen grad students. Great teaching environment and flexibility on support for student projects. Innovative courses to keep pace with changing employer requirements.
Carnegie Mellon University
Director of Finance (Current Employee) –  Oakland, PAOctober 12, 2017
Carnegie Mellon University is a wonderful place to work. Tjere are many career opportunities.

Great benefits - amazing research - really care about the students and staff.
Great place to work with great people.
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 12, 2017
I was in charge of daily lab operations and also performed experiments. The people in the lab (other techs and graduate students) were very friendly. The best thing about those people was their willingness to help out. They helped train me and continued to help me out throughout my time there. Management was very good as well. Everybody has their complaints about their boss. My boss was more understanding than any of my other bosses at other jobs. I had to miss work for various reasons and I was received with sympathy and understanding. Only complaint was the fact that the boss changed what project I should work on quite often. It keeps you on your toes at least.
Pros
Great Benefits, Great Work Environment, Flexible hours, Great people
Fast Pace College atmosphere high volume.
Sandwich/Salad Chef (Former Employee) –  5000 Forbes Ave Pittsburgh PAOctober 6, 2017
At a University fast pace high volume. Learned how to prepare a large volume of meals for college kids. Learned how to deal with a high pace environment.
Pros
Free Meals. Advancement.
Cons
Low wages.
Fun, enlightening and was a new environment.
Facilities Manager's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 28, 2017
I learned so much working here. Great environment, great staff, fantastic management and safe professional environment. Kept me active and taught me new skills to further my knowledge of carpentry and wood working. very much would love to work here again, and recommend this job to anyone who wants to further expand their craftsmanship knowledge.
Pros
Too many to list
Nice place
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 28, 2017
It is a great university doing amazing research. I work as graduate research assistant and it has been great experience working with my advisor and other students.
Nice University
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 25, 2017
I studied at Carnegie Mellon University for my Master degree in Chemical Engineering. My research was mathematical modeling and derive-free optimization.
Great temporary employment service
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 24, 2017
Highly recommend! Great pay for temporary work, and they were very accommodating to my strange availability and limited span of availability. Pat Schaller is wonderful.
Good place
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 18, 2017
Although it was a part-time job, I still feel it was nice to work there and be part of the community. The professors were nice, and we did a lot of great jobs there.
Amazing place to work
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 10, 2017
CMU is an amazing place to learn grow and work. Good employee benefits, opportunity to learn in any top end tech school at CMU, research opportunity etc.
University Ambassador and Tour Guide
UNIVERSITY TOUR GUIDE (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 8, 2017
Lead over 50 campus tours for prospective students/families. Answered admission and student life questions. Represented drama school and greater student body. A worthwhile way to help recruit and educate potential students.
Great
Radio Telephone Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 2, 2017
This place taught me a lot through hands on learning. There were a lot of facilities while being a student here. I was part of multiple clubs and athletic teams.
loved this job
Assistant to the Director of Executive Education (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 31, 2017
The University is one of the nation's best. During seminar sessions, overtime was necessary but welcomed. The opportunity to introduce participants to our city was a treat to us all.
Pros
working with a diverse group of students
Cons
I had to relocate to Florida
Very relaxed atmosphere
Manager, Application Support & Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 26, 2017
Very relaxed work environment. Friendly co workers.
Updated IT technology
Knowledgeable management
Multiple aspect of software and hardware to maintain
Training available
Pros
Flex work schedule
Cons
Not much for career movement
Productive and good place to work as a PhD student
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 24, 2017
There are a variety of academic resources available to students. Faculties and staffs are willing to provide professional assistance in an active way. Working environment is friendly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carnegie Mellon University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3