Carnegie Mellon University

Carnegie Mellon University Employer Reviews

Great place to work, challenging, and good benefits
Research Associate (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 22, 2015
Hardest part of working in research at CMU is the lack of job security. When funding is a problem, you need to look for other work.
A great School to Attend
Student (Former Employee), PittsburghJanuary 20, 2015
As a student it is a very intense school to be in. The workload is very heavy, but learning experience is rewarding as well.
Engaging environment with lots of mentors
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 19, 2015
A typical day usually has me going through lab and helping students. Grading is also done by me.
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 6, 2015
Good work environment. Working with graduate students and professor was professional but not uptight. I was given plenty of freedom but was given enough guidance that I wasn't in the dark.
Teaching Assistant jobs
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: good resources
Cons: poor teaching instruction
Generally it is good for practicing English skills with basic statistics concepts, but it counts little if you wants to polish it as a formal job experience.
Great place to work!
FINANCIAL ASSISTANT - OFFICE OF STUDENT ACTIVITIES (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: campus activities to allow career and personal development, time off and flexibility of schedule when necessary
Cons: n/a
An amazing campus with diverse student population and extremely talented staff and faculty dedicated to ensuring student success
Head Teaching Assistant for a decision making class
Head Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PADecember 2, 2014
• Managed a group of 5 TAs and defined the team’s objectives at the beginning of each semester
• Implemented strategic methods to bolster the understanding of material for 110 graduate students
• Delegated and directed workflow for the team to ensure efficiency and quality of teaching
• Taught students how to produce optimal solutions under multiple constraints using quantitative methods
Carnegie Mellon
Paid grader (Former Employee), Paid grader for courseNovember 4, 2014
CMU is a good university to study and I am a paid grader for course Geotechnical Engineering
Great culture and environment
Admin (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAOctober 6, 2014
Pros: environment, free bus pass
Cons: parking, compensation
The environment is fun and it is a great place to work. Unfortunately, it can be a challenge to move up- because it is a great place no one ever leaves!
Great place for research
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAOctober 1, 2014
I have worked as a research scholar in CMU for the last 6 years. It is a great place to conduct research. You come in contact with extremely bright people from all over the world. You have access to the worlds best computing facilities and experts.

Great location. Pittsburgh is a wonderful place to stay.
Research associate one (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PASeptember 27, 2014
As it goes for academic research this is the place you want to work in Pittsburgh. Unlike the University of Pittsburgh, CMU pays you, and the administartion is there to help you and not keep their boot on your head. It is hard to get in but if you do, it is a wonderful place to work.
Place to grow your knowledge!
Research Analyst (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PASeptember 23, 2014
This university is one of the best places for research and development. CMU has all the resources to help researchers in ther findings!
Challenging Research Environment
Graduate Student (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 15, 2014
If you are looking for a research position that is challenging and calls you to meet high expectations, Carnegie Mellon is for you. If you want an easy job, don't go to grad school.
Energizing, challenging, and enjoyable
FIRST® Robotics Outreach Program Manager (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 15, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: salary
The most enjoyable part of the job is to be surrounded by like-minded people that strive for excellence. There is no typical day at work.
the joy of CMU
Cashier /Customer Service (Current Employee), Pittsburgh PAAugust 4, 2014
A typical day at work for me would be cleaning around my station and preparing for the students breakfast, lunch or dinner. I work around a wonderful staff crew and management is excellent. I would say the only thing hard about my job is when different people come from other countries with a strong accent, but that rarely happens. The most enjoyable part of my job would be meeting new people everyday.
One of the best schools to attend
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 30, 2014
Great school that has top faculty members and great research labs.
Good place to learn
teaching assitant (Former Employee), PittsburghJune 18, 2014
I will provide solutions of the students' homework and grade their homework and exams. Word load is not heavy, and I can strength my knowledge in the process.
I had a learning experience here. It's a very productive environment too.
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 16, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
As a research assistant, work is demanding as one ends up working on a stand-alone projects. The co-workers are extremely helpful and knowledgeable. It is an easy environment where results are expected on a timely manner. It is a perfect balance of good work and fun.
Great Experience
Peer Health Advocate/Mentor (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PennsylvaniaMay 21, 2014
Being a mentor and Peer Health Advocate was great because it taught me how to interact with people from different backgrounds. The relationships I have made through this position are great and I am grateful for the opportunities this position has given me.
Physics research
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 11, 2014
Pros: time freedom
Working with a small group of graduate students and a professor who directs the research.

1 2 3

About Carnegie Mellon University

We are a global research university with more than 12,000 students, 92,000 alumni and 5,000 faculty and staff. Carnegie Mellon – Read more

Carnegie Mellon University Photos