Carnegie Mellon University

Carnegie Mellon University Employer Reviews

Challenging Research Environment
Graduate Student (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 15, 2014
If you are looking for a research position that is challenging and calls you to meet high expectations, Carnegie Mellon is for you. If you want an easy job, don't go to grad school.
Energizing, challenging, and enjoyable
FIRST® Robotics Outreach Program Manager (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 15, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: salary
The most enjoyable part of the job is to be surrounded by like-minded people that strive for excellence. There is no typical day at work.
the joy of CMU
Cashier /Customer Service (Current Employee), Pittsburgh PAAugust 4, 2014
A typical day at work for me would be cleaning around my station and preparing for the students breakfast, lunch or dinner. I work around a wonderful staff crew and management is excellent. I would say the only thing hard about my job is when different people come from other countries with a strong accent, but that rarely happens. The most enjoyable – more... part of my job would be meeting new people everyday. – less
One of the best schools to attend
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 30, 2014
Great school that has top faculty members and great research labs.
Good place to learn
teaching assitant (Former Employee), PittsburghJune 18, 2014
I will provide solutions of the students' homework and grade their homework and exams. Word load is not heavy, and I can strength my knowledge in the process.
I had a learning experience here. It's a very productive environment too.
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 16, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
As a research assistant, work is demanding as one ends up working on a stand-alone projects. The co-workers are extremely helpful and knowledgeable. It is an easy environment where results are expected on a timely manner. It is a perfect balance of good work and fun.
Great Experience
Peer Health Advocate/Mentor (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PennsylvaniaMay 21, 2014
Being a mentor and Peer Health Advocate was great because it taught me how to interact with people from different backgrounds. The relationships I have made through this position are great and I am grateful for the opportunities this position has given me.
Physics research
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 11, 2014
Pros: time freedom
Working with a small group of graduate students and a professor who directs the research.
Great school and smart people
Visiting Scholar (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 6, 2014
CMU is definitely a great school to do research and meeting smart people
great place to work
Manager, Business Development & Licensing (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 28, 2014
-opportunity to work on a variety of projects
-opportunity to work with a variety of people
-strong culture
A very good university
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 11, 2014
Carnegie Mellon University have very comfortable academic environment.
Software Engineer Intern
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), PittsburghApril 3, 2014
• Performed black-box test, unit test and integration test for M900 Video Conference System and summarized testing reports for each updated version of the software
• Deployed distributed compiling tools on server that saved 40% compiling time of version upgrade and made a tutorial for developers to configure the compiling environment and install compiling – more... tools – less
My responsibilities were to prepare and teach a voice lesson, coach students and get them ready for their recitals
Voice Teacher (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 29, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: part-time with no health insurance
Working with very bright students make my job very enjoyable.
Fun Workplace with great co-workers and learning environment
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 17, 2014
Pros: education
Cons: early hours
As a student, I am always striving to learn. Being a TA, I get to share my knowledge as well as to learn from the students and the professors at the class.
Highly productive and friendly environment
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 21, 2014
As a teaching assistant for undergraduate statistics course, I am working with other graduate teaching assistants. We have meeting with the professor regularly and talk about how the class is going on.
It was good learning experince
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: a lot of learning during work, get paid hourly
Cons: schedule is too intense
• Assisted Professor to created bridge model from as-built drawing in ANSYS and analyzed the bridge vibration type through finite element analysis
• Assisted to teach ANSYS and Matlab software lab training courses
• Graded students’ weekly assignments and mid-term exams
• Hosted weekly TA hours for answering students’ questions of the course materials, – more... assignments and exams – less
when i worked at carnegie mellon
Cew (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: meetings every morning, the hours were good
A typical day at work would be at 8am we would have our morning staff meeting, then we would split up and go to the dorms and write if anything was wrong with any of the rooms. then we would go on lunch break for an hour then have another meeting after lunch to inform our boss what buildings needed to be done.then go back to the buildings then at the – more... end of the day we would all meet up again and sign our time sheets. – less
Teaching Assistant
Graduate Teaching Assistant, GIS (Current Employee), PittsburghDecember 7, 2013
I work for Part time at CMU as a teaching assistant.
So cannot comment much on work-life balance and FT compensation details
Excellent Work/Life balance
FINANCIAL ANALYST, BUDGET AND FINANCIAL PLANNING (Current Employee), Oakland, PADecember 1, 2013
Great company with great benefits that offers a lot of interesting areas of schooling.
Great College
College Football (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAOctober 16, 2013
Good academic school. Football program was good as well. Overall it was a great experience. I would highly recommend Carnegie Mellon to those looking for a top-tier technical college experience.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

1 2 3

About Carnegie Mellon University

We are a global research university with more than 12,000 students, 92,000 alumni and 5,000 faculty and staff. Carnegie Mellon – Read more

Carnegie Mellon University Photos