Carney Hospital

Carney Hospital United States Employee Reviews

I learn a lot of things from this place, it was so fun at the ER
Professional Medical Assistant (Former Employee), DORCHESTER, MAFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: lunch on time
Cons: little break
Everyone was so nice, after my externship there I really like to work there as a medical assistant even it's not in the ER.
Staff was great and polite to patients
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), DORCHESTER, MADecember 13, 2014
Overall great experience working with them, place was neat and things were put in the right place. easy to find the materials i needed
A typical day...
Intern (Former Employee), Boston, MassachusettsJune 18, 2014
A typical day, would include routine blood drawing, performing blood culture, venipuncture, and capillary punctures. I would also organize supplies, take the samples to the laboratory, and deal with patients on a daily basis. I had a courteous and professional relationship with my coworkers. We got along very well. The hardest part of the job is when the patient has veins difficult to find or extract blood from, an the most enjoyable part was working with the patients and making them feel at ease and comfortable.
Needs improovment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), DORCHESTER, MAMay 23, 2014
I was an intern and I didnt feel like I had alot of help learning certain procedures, and being the overnight shift I felt that and handful of people would be awake out of the whole ED staff.
Clinical Experiemce
Clinical Experience (Former Employee), DORCHESTER, MAMay 22, 2014
Great experience here staff was amazing and willing to teach the student nurses everything
Great people, very calm workplace.
Hospital Greeter (Former Employee), DORCHESTER, MAApril 17, 2014
I would tell people where to go within the hospital. I learned most of the hospital's protocol. There was no hard part to this job.
Enjoyable and efficient Pediatric office
Office ManagerMedical Assistant (Former Employee), DORCHESTER, MAFebruary 4, 2014
Daily preparation for patients and parents. Triage and preparing patients for exams and tests. Co-workers very easy going and knowledgeable. The babies were my favorite part of coming to work.
You learn new things everyday.
Security Officer (Current Employee), Dorchester, MaNovember 24, 2013
Pros: how much one learns everyday.
Cons: sometime it's physically demanding.
A typical day at work for me is to provide safety for all staff, visitors and patients in the hospital. Each day is a different day, sometimes it's quiet and other times it's very stressful and potentially dangerous. We have one director, and supervisors. I cover the shift supervisor when coverage is needed. I think the hardest part of the job is self control. Many dangerous situations can be intimidating and very demeaning. People/patients punch, kick, spit and bite when security's involvement is required. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I play a part in someone's route to recovery. It's a good feeling knowing you helped someone in need.
Carney Hospital
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Family Medicine, Dorchester, MASeptember 19, 2013
Pros: union job protection
There are good people here, but there are so many administative changes as we pass through different corporate hands that nothing about being employed here has a feeling of stability
Carney is a great place to work
Consultant to C.O.S.T / Grant programs (Former Employee), Dorchester MaMay 23, 2013
Pros: incentives
Cons: the weather in new england the winter.
Carney was a great place to work in the community and the leadership was very supportive. I learned life skill techniques to apply to the areas where there was a need for those who came for services. My co workers were very family oriented and was very informative for the resources need. there was not hard parts all except when grants came to the end. the most enjoyable apart of the job was that you could very creative in providing services.
Productive workplace with friendly co-workers
Courier (Former Employee), DORCHESTER, MAApril 27, 2013
Carney Hospital is a community based hospital with different cultures. A lot of the patients are elderly people who have been with the hospital for years. The hardest part of the job was getting help on the patient floors to transfer them from the stretchers onto the bed if they weren't able to walk. Most floors have one or two nursing aids so you have to wait for one of them to become available if the nurse wasn't available to help. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting different people, helping them, and learning medical issues from technicians or nurses.
Great Experience
Student Clinical (Former Employee), Dorhester, MaApril 17, 2013
It was a great learning experience. It was the first time I got to work with patients, I looked forward to every week.
Fun and Professional work enviroment
Professional Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee), DORCHESTER, MAMarch 12, 2013
Pros: was able to apply my skills in all areas.
Cons: wish i had more time there
I enjoyed my experience there. And the nurses were wonderful. I have learned so much from them. It was an awesome team. It was ad intense environment but loved every minute of it.
feeling overworked, underpaid, and not appreciated.
management (Former Employee), Dorchester, MassachusettsJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: luckily they have a union.
Cons: management, disorganized, not up to date technically, not payed that much, always short of staff.
A job is a job, still I feel more depressed working at Carney. Mentally I feel exhausted. Physically it feels like I have been running around with my head cut off.
Somewhat productive and somewhat disorganized
Patient Access Coordinator (Former Employee), DORCHESTER, MADecember 30, 2012
Pros: made some permanent friends
Cons: management was lousy and so disorganized no help from union
typical day was working either registration (er,opt or greeters no organization what so ever) printers were never working could neverrely on management to give you a direct answer to your question hr was horrible your co-workers some you could trust and some you couldn't the most enjoyable part i had was when it was time to leave to tell you the truth they did me a tremendous favor by terminating me !
Patient Transporter (Former Employee), DORCHESTER, MADecember 27, 2012
Pros: lunch
Cons: family time was short
My day working here was busy with the transporting the patients,making sure the charts are correct
mental health emergency crisis clinician
clinician emergency crisis (Former Employee), norwoodDecember 18, 2012
Pros: you get a pay check
Cons: waste of your time and education poor pt care
Work until you drop. No pay no say. 20 min Mh evals no time to care for the patient no education or training basically you are on your own to figure out the steward puzzle palace poor pt care and you realize very quickly it is all about making money and the world class quality care is smoke and mirrors
Cooperative and fun workplace.
Phlebotomy Intern (Former Employee), Dorchester,MAOctober 13, 2012
Pros: 30 minutes breaks
Cons: no free water
A typical day for me at this hospital was great although I was just an intern. I learned a lot about phlebotomy and the work place at the Carney Hospital. Everyone was nice including the patient's and co-workers. The hardest part of the job was to find the right veins to get the patient's blood. The most enjoyable part of the job was to get encouragements from the nurses to get the experience needed.
i had a good experience.if i had oppertunity to work there again then i will
Courier (Current Employee), DORCHESTER, MAOctober 10, 2012
i learned a lot of experiences working at Carney.good team work.it can get busy sometime and that something we always have to prepared for.
pleasant and sometimes tedious work environment
CONSOLE OPERATOR (Former Employee), DORCHESTER, MASeptember 11, 2012
Pros: close to home.
Cons: working in another basement.
Slow paced call center, but the short experience, was meaningful in that I learned about working in a very diverse atmosphere, which was rewarding. The hardest part of the job was learning the differnt locations in the hospital. I don't think I was there long enough to grasp the area.

Carney Hospital Salaries