Carney Hospital Employee Reviews

I volunteered
Ophthalmic Technician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 12, 2017
It was great . Doctors are very nice in my dept and helpful. Dedicated to patients and have a personal relationship with each one.
Pros
Nice people
Productive place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dorchester, MAJune 26, 2016
Good place to work, good Physicians, but not a great team work. free parking which is so good. A lot Vietnamese patients, nice and well educated patients.
A typical day at work
Emergency Room Clerical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 8, 2016
Every day at the Carney Hospital was a busy day. I worked at the Emergency Department, and we had patients all the time with different situations. It was a pleasure to work with the Doctors, nurses, and other co-workers. Every day was challenging because I didn't knew what was going to happen that day.
Thoroughly enjoy working at Carney Hospital. Pleasant OR staff and management.
Clinical Nurse Specialist/OR Nurse Educator (Current Employee) –  Dorchester, MADecember 2, 2015
This is a small community hospital which takes pride in it's staff and cares immensely for it's patients.
I have enjoyed teaching here.
Great Place
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dorchester, MAOctober 15, 2015
This was the best job I've had. I learned a lot from my colleagues whom were always will to help and guide. Management was always supportive.
Great place to work over night
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Dorchester, MAOctober 29, 2015
Typical night shift was 10:30p to 6:30a.As the only phlebotomist at night to service the entire hospital, it was fun. There are approximately 3 blood draws before the am labs to be drawn. there is no immediate supervision.
Pros
no supervision
Somewhat productive and somewhat disorganized
Patient Access Coordinator (Former Employee) –  DORCHESTER, MADecember 30, 2012
typical day was working either registration (er,opt or greeters no organization what so ever) printers were never working could neverrely on management to give you a direct answer to your question hr was horrible your co-workers some you could trust and some you couldn't the most enjoyable part i had was when it was time to leave to tell you the truth they did me a tremendous favor by terminating me !
Pros
made some permanent friends
Cons
management was lousy and so disorganized no help from union
Productive workplace with friendly co-workers
Courier (Former Employee) –  DORCHESTER, MAApril 27, 2013
Carney Hospital is a community based hospital with different cultures. A lot of the patients are elderly people who have been with the hospital for years. The hardest part of the job was getting help on the patient floors to transfer them from the stretchers onto the bed if they weren't able to walk. Most floors have one or two nursing aids so you have to wait for one of them to become available if the nurse wasn't available to help. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting different people, helping them, and learning medical issues from technicians or nurses.
You learn new things everyday.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Dorchester, MaNovember 24, 2013
A typical day at work for me is to provide safety for all staff, visitors and patients in the hospital. Each day is a different day, sometimes it's quiet and other times it's very stressful and potentially dangerous. We have one director, and supervisors. I cover the shift supervisor when coverage is needed. I think the hardest part of the job is self control. Many dangerous situations can be intimidating and very demeaning. People/patients punch, kick, spit and bite when security's involvement is required. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I play a part in someone's route to recovery. It's a good feeling knowing you helped someone in need.
Pros
How much one learns everyday.
Cons
Sometime it's physically demanding.
A typical day...
Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MassachusettsJune 18, 2014
A typical day, would include routine blood drawing, performing blood culture, venipuncture, and capillary punctures. I would also organize supplies, take the samples to the laboratory, and deal with patients on a daily basis. I had a courteous and professional relationship with my coworkers. We got along very well. The hardest part of the job is when the patient has veins difficult to find or extract blood from, an the most enjoyable part was working with the patients and making them feel at ease and comfortable.
Perfect place for an entry level position in cash handling
Cashier/Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  DORCHESTER, MAJuly 24, 2012
Collected payments from patients from prior hospital stay, deposited all money collected each day to third party, created payment arraignments, and verified health insurance coverage.

I leaarned to keep my composure and be professional at all times in a hectic environment.

My coworkers were wonderful and easy to work with, the y were always willing to train in any subject

The hardest part of the job was interacting with patients that were severly ill, I had to learn to not to be emotional

The most enjoyable part of the job was working on projects with my coworkers
Pros
free parking
Cons
no overtime pay
Carney is a great place to work
Consultant to C.O.S.T / Grant programs (Former Employee) –  Dorchester MaMay 23, 2013
Carney was a great place to work in the community and the leadership was very supportive. I learned life skill techniques to apply to the areas where there was a need for those who came for services. My co workers were very family oriented and was very informative for the resources need. there was not hard parts all except when grants came to the end. the most enjoyable apart of the job was that you could very creative in providing services.
Pros
incentives
Cons
the weather in New England the winter.
feeling overworked, underpaid, and not appreciated.
management (Former Employee) –  Dorchester, MassachusettsJanuary 11, 2013
A job is a job, still I feel more depressed working at Carney. Mentally I feel exhausted. Physically it feels like I have been running around with my head cut off.
Pros
luckily they have a union.
Cons
management, disorganized, not up to date technically, not payed that much, always short of staff.
Cooperative and fun workplace.
Phlebotomy Intern (Former Employee) –  Dorchester,MAOctober 13, 2012
A typical day for me at this hospital was great although I was just an intern. I learned a lot about phlebotomy and the work place at the Carney Hospital. Everyone was nice including the patient's and co-workers. The hardest part of the job was to find the right veins to get the patient's blood. The most enjoyable part of the job was to get encouragements from the nurses to get the experience needed.
Pros
30 minutes breaks
Cons
no free water
Productive and good place to work
Nurses aide/Mha (Former Employee) –  Dorchester maJune 24, 2015
I feel working at Carney Hospital is a good experience because of the chance to grow and expand my knowledge. A typical day includes doing vital signs, 15 to 1 hr safety checks. My co my workers are very knowledgeable.
fun workplace
Medical Assistant Externship (Current Employee) –  dorchesterJune 16, 2015
nice environment
the co-workers were really nice
I learn a lot with them, how to be patient
• Took and recorded patient vital signs
• Prepared exam rooms for patients
• Assisted physician as directed
• Performed Urinalysis and Bandaging
Team Work Makes the Dream Work
Medical Records Intern (Former Employee) –  DORCHESTER, MAJuly 26, 2015
Great hospital to work at. Managers are great and and detail oriented which encourages the best performance possible.
mental health emergency crisis clinician
clinician emergency crisis (Former Employee) –  norwoodDecember 18, 2012
Work until you drop. No pay no say. 20 min Mh evals no time to care for the patient no education or training basically you are on your own to figure out the steward puzzle palace poor pt care and you realize very quickly it is all about making money and the world class quality care is smoke and mirrors
Pros
you get a pay check
Cons
waste of your time and education poor pt care
Very educational place to work and learn
Sr. Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 8, 2012
Able to take subjects currently being studied in school put to practical use in the position
Pros
educational
Cons
little room for advancement
pleasant and sometimes tedious work environment
CONSOLE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  DORCHESTER, MASeptember 11, 2012
Slow paced call center, but the short experience, was meaningful in that I learned about working in a very diverse atmosphere, which was rewarding. The hardest part of the job was learning the differnt locations in the hospital. I don't think I was there long enough to grasp the area.
Pros
close to home.
Cons
working in another basement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carney Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Carney Hospital Reviews by Location