Carney Hospital Employee Reviews

not a great hospital
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 10, 2017
people aren't very friendly or helpful. They're very slow, lack people skills and they don't pay enough for the things you do...... And the doctors make tons of irrational mistakes and diagnosis on peoples lives. Doctors code wrong and patients are wrongly billed and never receive correcting the bills.
Pros
close to everything
Cons
poor management
Very Balanced and Lay back
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  2100 Dorchester Ave 02368September 21, 2017
Carney is Very Balanced and unpredictable can be busy at times, but I Love the Quick Rush. Most importantly, is to get the routine AM Blood Draws Accurately.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short Breaks
good
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dorchester, MASeptember 8, 2017
great work environment. Learned lots about psychiatry. Culture is good. Management is nice. no hard parts. Enjoy talking to the kids.It is good. People are nice.
Pros
good pay
Great plave to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dorchester, MAJuly 5, 2017
It was a pleasure to work here, unfortunately the practice closed and many patients lost great care. I would recommend all the PCP's and staff from this facility.
Fun and professional workplace.
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 23, 2017
Carney Hospital is a great hospital to work at. The staff are amazing and the management is also amazing. The nursing supervisor has everything in order and knows everyone the moment you are hired. They promote a healthy workplace that allows you to grow and work together for the well-being of not only the patients but yourself as well.
Carney Hospital
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dorchester, MAMay 9, 2017
Working at Carney Hospital was a very fun and educational experiences. I would love to continue to work for this organization. The staff is very attentive to the needs of the patients.
Productive work environment
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dorchester, MAMay 1, 2017
Productive work environment. I work on the Adult psych unit and do float frequently to the Geri-psych unit. My day starts with a walk through to observe how the patient were doing, then take report from the nurses I was to relieve, then I get assigned patients who I take care of through the shift.
Quiet, and very laid back work environment
Internship (Former Employee) –  Dorchester, MAMay 1, 2017
i only did an internship there for 3 weeks but while i was there i came to conclude that the work environment is very adaptable. great nurses and staff to work with.
Pros
interacted with alot of different people
Cons
there were no cons
weak leadership
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dorchester, MAMarch 27, 2017
unsafe culture, weak, ineffective senior management. Struggling financially. Many new managers who have no idea what their job entails. It's a difficult place to work.
Cons
Food Service is fun, fast, and you learn alot.
Host-Hostess (Current Employee) –  DORCHESTER, MAMarch 17, 2017
Management had a very hard time deligating task when short on staff. A few had a heaver work load then others whom didn't. I worked in the food service for seven years at Carney and I didn't have a problem with it. It was fun, time went by fast, great benefits and I loved it. I started off as a hostess and moved into a few other positions in the kitchen.
Interesting corporate inviroment
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dorchester, MAMarch 2, 2017
Steward Carney Hospital has 2 distinct cultures, one that focuses on the patient and the other is the business side. While the patient side is working great and advancing everyday the business side is full of unique obstacles, aging corporate environment, inability to change, old dogs not wanting to learn new tricks, and employees who get to run the show and administrators unwilling to let managers manage.
Pros
Some great employees, cafeteria
Cons
Backstabbing, unwillingness to change, business applications are old
I volunteered
Ophthalmic Technician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 12, 2017
It was great . Doctors are very nice in my dept and helpful. Dedicated to patients and have a personal relationship with each one.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Close to home but not challenging enough
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Lower Mills, MAAugust 15, 2016
My work day was slow. Not many people come into Carney Hospital. I got the experience that I need to move on to larger hospitals that have more patients.
Productive place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dorchester, MAJune 26, 2016
Good place to work, good Physicians, but not a great team work. free parking which is so good. A lot Vietnamese patients, nice and well educated patients.
A typical day at work
Emergency Room Clerical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 8, 2016
Every day at the Carney Hospital was a busy day. I worked at the Emergency Department, and we had patients all the time with different situations. It was a pleasure to work with the Doctors, nurses, and other co-workers. Every day was challenging because I didn't knew what was going to happen that day.
Thoroughly enjoy working at Carney Hospital. Pleasant OR staff and management.
Clinical Nurse Specialist/OR Nurse Educator (Current Employee) –  Dorchester, MADecember 2, 2015
This is a small community hospital which takes pride in it's staff and cares immensely for it's patients.
I have enjoyed teaching here.
Great place to work over night
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Dorchester, MAOctober 29, 2015
Typical night shift was 10:30p to 6:30a.As the only phlebotomist at night to service the entire hospital, it was fun. There are approximately 3 blood draws before the am labs to be drawn. there is no immediate supervision.
Pros
no supervision
Great Place
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dorchester, MAOctober 15, 2015
This was the best job I've had. I learned a lot from my colleagues whom were always will to help and guide. Management was always supportive.
Team Work Makes the Dream Work
Medical Records Intern (Former Employee) –  DORCHESTER, MAJuly 26, 2015
Great hospital to work at. Managers are great and and detail oriented which encourages the best performance possible.
Productive and good place to work
Nurses aide/Mha (Former Employee) –  Dorchester maJune 24, 2015
I feel working at Carney Hospital is a good experience because of the chance to grow and expand my knowledge. A typical day includes doing vital signs, 15 to 1 hr safety checks. My co my workers are very knowledgeable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carney Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Carney Hospital Reviews by Location