Carnival Cruise Lines

Carnival Cruise Lines Employer Reviews

a lot of fun
Assistant Stateroom Steward (Former Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: free accommodation and meal
Cons: long hour
I never felt trouble at work cause every day we do work together.and I learned many things in the work as an example how patient and friendly in serving guest,work well and carefully,how to appreciate guests and crew member,My co-worker are friendly and cooperation.When ship will return to home port,in the evening i took the suitcase from guest rooms – more... to marseling area until 3 am,while 4.30am i started back to work until evening.I felt enjoyable are i finished earlier and get day off,i could go out for the phone,eating,sightseeing etc – less
Brain Trust
Hotel Stewardess (Former Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: seeing beautiful places for free
Cons: long hours, lack of sleep
The hardest part of the job was dealing with all sorts of people, but with time you get used to it. What you DON`T get used to it is a constant lack of sleep.
But still, it`s a fun thing to try and fun places to see.
Enjoyed working there.
Guest Logistics Agent (Former Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: free on board lunches. great benefits.
Cons: no breaks
Enjoy seeing some guests come back with a great attitude, ready to tackle daily challenges. Felt empathetic towards coworkers that were unable to connect with this experience as it shaped our day. This kept the momentum going as new guest started the embarkation procedure - looking forward to their vacation adventure. Management was there to guide us – more... more or less during the whole process. – less
The Hardest part of the job
Asst. Manager Housekeeping (Former Employee), MiamiAugust 30, 2014
on embarkation day is the tough day ever.
Would like to explain.
It was minutes away from my home...no traffic
Admin. Assistant (Surveillance and Security Dept.) (Former Employee), Doral, FloridaAugust 29, 2014
Pros: the cafeteria was amazing.
Cons: it was a temporay position
It was a very friendly environment to work in. Everyone worked hard, but if you had a question they would take the time to help. I had the opportunity to work there as a temp and I was treated like a regular worker. The hardest part was saying goodbye after my assignment was over. I had my own cubicle, but it was nice to go over one cubicle to get help – more... or make plans for lunch. – less
Overall 5 stars
Bartender/Server (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 23, 2014
Pros: good payment
Cons: no days off. must work 7 days a week. long working hours (12-14 hrs a day).
The positions I have held in the past four years at different bars on different cruise ships (Carnival Cruise Lines owns 24 cruise ships itself currently, and I have been on 6 different cruise ships during my time with the company) have given me numerous opportunities to develop strong expertise in managing overall operations of bar.
Consistantly dealing with Guest account issues and all aspects of guest life on board
Guest Services Associate (Former Employee), CarribeanAugust 18, 2014
Pros: free food and accomodation
Cons: worked everyday and not really able to relax.
A typical day at work was dealing with guest accounts with payments and card information and any guest related activities throughout the cruise. I learnt how to cope with a large amount of guests at any given time. Management was relatively helpful. Co-Workers were great as we were all dealing with the same issues daily. Dealing with guest complaints – more... was the hardest part, but also the most enjoyable as you are interacting with the guests to help resolve their issues. – less
Daily Duties
Manager, Director of Onboard Youth Programs (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 13, 2014
• Development and creation of Youth Program schedule (Cruise to Cruise basis)
• Maintaining a safe and clean atmosphere in each child’s play area.
• Weekly inventory (new and current) of supplies and damages. All inventory reported to Carnival Corporate.
• Implementation of all planned Youth activities.
• Registration and oversight of all children of – more... all off ship excursions throughout Bahamas and Alaska – less
WORK PLACE LIKE HOME
FIRE PATROL (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 12, 2014
Pros: free foods, accomodation and laundry soap
Cons: health care, fare, short breaks and hotels.
CARNIVAL IS A NICE COMPANY AND COMPETITIVE SALARY.FUN TO WORK ALL CREW IS LIKE BROTHER AND SISTER.FUN SHIP AS ARE LOGO BEFORE.I JUST RETIRED BECAUSE I NEED MORE EXTRA MONEY FOR THE CONSTRUCTION F MY HOUSE.
AS it's slogan says "ALL IS FUN FUN IS ALL"
Junior sous chef (Current Employee), USAJuly 31, 2014
Pros: caring.
Cons: away from family.
REALLY A GOOD PLACE TO WORK.GOOD MANAGERIAL SKILLS CO WORKERS ARE VERY EFFICIENT.
Big Corporation with strong influences in the cruise industry market
Shore Excursion Manager (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 31, 2014
Pros: traveling, meeting people from all over the world
Cons: food quality, limited medical healthcare, being away from your family, inflexible schedule, limited opportunities to advance
Working for Carnival has been fun yet sometimes challenging and stressful, as any job far away from your loved-ones can be. You are required to work long hours and always be available to help resolve a situation on hand. You can though balance it out with the free time you get in the ports of call. You do get to meet people from all over the world and – more... experience tours and places some people will never have a chance to do or see. The management is mostly fair yet always very demanding and pushing for better results and greater work performance. As the competition is tough in cruise industry, Carnival is constantly striving to be the leader and requires the same from its employees. Overall, I would rate the company with 3.5 stars in the 5 star rating. – less
Great gig, but not a living condition for all.
Music Director (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 28, 2014
Pros: constant playing, travel, saving money while living on board, health care provided, meals includes, and retirement benefits.
Cons: large unappreciative company, side-jobs assigned on board, lack of freedom, bad food for crew, on board health care, and lack of musical creativity.
This is a great starter gig for musicians. You can work with people from all over the world, and perform as much as possible. Most importantly, you can travel the world, while honing your craft.

A typical day of work would consist of performing 3-5 set per day, and one day off per week. Depending on the size of the ship, and the length of cruises, – more... those sets would vary in style and/or genre. Depending on the workload, you had plenty of time to get off the ship and enjoy the ports of call.

The largest skill I gained was the ability to work internationally. Professionally, musically, and even socially, you will grow in multiple angles from this experience. Because of my time on ships I am comfortable with traveling abroad, adapting to local cultures or customs, and I am certainly not afraid to tackle a place that I do not know the local language.

The hardest part of the gig was living out-of-suitcase. The only way to really make it affordable was being homeless. Between contracts you must bounce from hotel-to-hotel, or homes of friends-of-friends. Secondly, on board the ship, conditions are not exactly ideal. Between the tiny cabin, bad food, side-jobs, and constant rules & regulations, its can be hard to enjoy the music.

The best part of the gig comes in two parts: first, it is by far a great way to quickly travel and see a lot in a short amount of time (this also means you only get a "taste" of a port/city, compared to staying locally). Secondly, and most importantly, its is a lot of playing. Depending on the elements (Music Director, Cruise Director, Hotel Director, company requirements, overall Entertainment Schedule) you can play so much your technique, and love for music, can be pushed to the edge. If your not afraid to keep the chops pumping, this can be a great gig for you. – less
Fun, Productive, Saw the World whilst working, met great people
Shore Excursion Manager (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 24, 2014
Pros: free accommodation, food and visiting beautiful destinations whilst working.
Cons: long hours, away from family and friends for long periods of time.
1.Spend my day liasing with tour operators organizing planned shore excursions, educationg guests as to what tour suits them best, booking of guests on tours, working and motivationg my team, make sure all advertising is on diaplay for tours and making sure front of house is clean and representible at all times, revenue meetings with Hotel Director – more... everyday. Making sure guest satisfaction is above optimal level. Monitor sales, and make sure revenue is being looked after. Helping of guest services when off duty to help promote selling of tours. Send through special requests for guests to tour operators.
Dispatching of tours when on land, help guests with finding locations of tours.

2. How to deal with difficult people and problem solve, how to manage different personalities from different cultures. Hospitality is key in any successfull business.

3 Managment is the key to any succesful team and/or Project. Solid planning, highly organized, having an end goal in mind, and a highly motivated team are key Managment tools for the successful running of any department and or organization.

4.Were motivating, hard workers and great team players.

5.The long hours, dealing with difficult weather conditions and not being able to reach targets required.

6.Meeting of different people and cultures, visting the most beautiful destibations on earth on a daily basis. – less
Great company culture and values
Guest Services Associate (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 20, 2014
A typical day at work includes a huge line at the Guest Services Desk, the different phone lines continuously ringing, maintenance issues that need to be resolved immediately, hundreds of important emails that must be read... and all of this happens at the same time. This is the perfect setting to be multi-tasking and I loved it! My team was wonderful – more... from my co-workers to the management onboard. The face paced environment made it really interesting and solving some really tough concerns by the guests was challenging but in a great way. I learned that I am patient and empathetic; two traits that I never knew I had until then. The hardest part of the job were the long hours of work and working every day. However the perks of the job made up for it. I would wake up and be on the beautiful island of Curacao, the next day in Aruba and the day after that in the Bahamas. The friendships I made and the great feedback I received from past guests regarding the service they received from me make this one of the best jobs I've ever had! – less
A fun place
Cook (Former Employee), United States of AmericaJuly 18, 2014
Pros: basic amenities provided
Cons: long hours at work.
Keep your self updated with the daily menu, prepare misen place and products as per given guidelines and Hygiene standards, responsible to dispense the food as per specifications and standards.

Various product knowledge and Hygiene standards, HACCP guidelines.
fun work place
Guest solutions agent (Current Employee), Doral, FLJuly 17, 2014
Pros: talking to various people and different countries and states
Cons: schedule
answering phone calls assisting on reservations

how to repond to various situations

awesome management team

coworker were like family

my schedule

making guest smile
Aha so bad to work
Demi Chef De Partie (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 12, 2014
Cons: work after they make you clock out aftr 70 hours work week.
it pays $ 700 to cooks for 95 hours work week. and lots of chefs treat you badly and plays politics only. have good knowledge of food though
Productive & a fun place to be.
Sous Chef (Current Employee), Miami, FLJuly 12, 2014
Carnival is a multi cultural workplace where people from more than 50 countries work in a friendly & fun loving environment with ample opportunities to grow. It was a wonderful 10 years of mine with Carnival cruises.
like disneyworld
Personal Vacation Planner (Former Employee), Miramar, FLJuly 12, 2014
Very fun and encouraging work environment
Most challenging part is guest who books without you
Typical day is 3 bookings, 150 dials and 5 hours on the phone
Fun Place to work with excessive Precaution Security
Part Time Temp positions (Former Employee), Miami PortJuly 8, 2014
Awesome company to work for while working next with customs during 9/11. Exceeded with customer service while learning to protect our country. Management and co-workers working hand in hand assisting each other. Fun working at CCL except when having to return someone back to port for not having proper documentation as required to be able to travel and – more... for the safety for every passenger. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Carnival Cruise Lines

Carnival is "The World's Most Popular Cruise Line®", with 23 ships operating three to 17 day voyages to The Bahamas, – Read more

Carnival Cruise Lines Photos