Carnival Cruise Lines

Carnival Cruise Lines Employer Reviews

All that glitters
Guest Services Associate Carnival Cruise Lines (Former Employee), MiamiFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: get to see the world
Cons: no days off for the length of your contract
I loved this job but be warned you will work anything from 10-14hours a day which after 6-8 months takes its toll which is probably the hardest part of the job.
A typical day has 8 hours of front of house work dealing face to face with your guests and then at least 2 hours back office dealing with your admin. At embark and debark days you have loads more admin to do.
I learnt that the more you work together and make friends with other departments the easier your life becomes on board. This in turn becomes the best part of the job the family feeling and camaraderie you share with so many people.
Crew gym
Security officer ( Cruise Ship) (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: free accommodation and foods.
Cons: long hours f work
Cruise Ship is Fun because I'd experienced to see the differen places in the wordl and as well as indealing people in different nation.
Fun ship work is work hard.
Cabin Steward (Former Employee), Miami, FlFebruary 20, 2015
Working hard from dawn to dusk is the work related to fun ship,
it could be fun ship for guest, but the worker has to deal working hard to the satisfaction of the guest
Typical Sales job
Sales Rep and Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee), Miramar, FLFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: travel
Cons: hours
While my experience at Carnival was pleasant it was all about sales. The quotas and demands could be stressful at times. While i met those demands it did come at a price. Long hours and not being able to attend school were scarifies I made to excel at my job.

The hardest part was working 12-14 hour days
The most enjoyable part was the travel benefits.
fun workplace, new people, nice places to visit, meet a other cultures
Cruise ship DJ (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: nice beaches
Cons: bad food
Playing music in the night club and by the swimming pool in day time. I've learned how to work in the team, how to please guests requests and be friendly and helpful. Got a chance to travel the world, and I met my girl on the ship.
fun for all all for fun
CDP-PATISSIERY (Current Employee), Texas U.S.AFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: free food and accommodation
Cons: schedule hours 10 hrs per day
everybody work as a family nothing typical in any work because everybody help each others..
i learned here some sugar works ordering requisitions and hanling the people and administrate staffs ,,
was able to travel the world by cruise ship
Cruise Director (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: traveling the world by cruise ships
I met people from all over the world ,this job took me to about 47 different countries, great entertainment and great way to see the world.
Hard work with lot of learning opportunities
Team Waitress (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 10, 2015
My job was to make sure our customers have an unforgettable, fun vacation on the sea.
I learnt to coop and work together with 87 nationalities on board, which was a great experience. Carnival Cruise Lines is a very well organized company with lots of experience. Everything works smooth. The employees are well trained and the communication between them is good.
My favorite part was the boarding day, when I got to meet new people and make new friends.
Can be a very fun place to work with great team members
Personal Vacation Planner (Former Employee), Miramar, FLFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: benefits and great co-workers
Cons: base salary is horrible....the hours can be draining
Working on the different teams at Carnival is one of the hidden gems. They give you many of the tools to help you improve your sales ability and there are often training both formal and informal to assist you.
Life at Sea.
Entertainment Staff (Current Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 9, 2015
On Carnival Cruise Lines I am a DJ and apart of the entertainment staff. I absolutely love it. It allows me to express my creative drive to a mass audience from all different parts of the world while still doing what I love.
a very challenging job that is also rewarding.
General Cashier Level 3 (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: tax exempt except if you are a us citizen, free board and lodging, free travel and the experience of working in a diversed environment.
Cons: its a fast changing environment your colleagues/bosses changes almost everyday.
While all other position have been working all day and night my job starts when the ship sails until close as I work in the Casino.its a small department compared to others like bars or stewards or dining. Basically we are all like a family on a ship as it is a floating hotel. The only difference is almost everyday somebody comes and go and its very rare that you get to work again with the same people every contract. The most enjoyable part of the job is travel, meeting new people all the time and guest interaction. The hardest will be being away from your family for a period of 6-8 months. Working on the ships makes you a strong person, widens your experiences in terms of team works, time management and stress management and conflict resolution.
productive
restaurant waitress (Former Employee), U.S.AFebruary 4, 2015
working with people is challenging but worth while.traveled around the world seen many things.it was a good adventure
Fun place to work
Personal Vacation Planner (Former Employee), Miramar, FLFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: great place to work! it's a fast past environment with team player support
Cons: not being able to get on a cruise very often .
This is a company I can get behind. They care about their employees and take the time to train them so they can succeed. They motivate everyone by acknowledging their achievements.
Variety of fun and experiences
Team Head Waitress & Rest. Hostess (Former Employee), MiamiJanuary 27, 2015
Team Head Waitress in F&B Department
***Responsible for ensuring that local residents and tourists receive service in a courteous, efficient and polite manner while keeping a professional attitude. Responsible for keeping the serving area, dining rooms and lobby area clean and sanitary according to the company policies and procedures. Recording accurate guest orders with a suggestive selling approach. Must ensure proper food presentation, safety and sanitation.
***Follow USPH rule and regulation.
***Excellent leadership, oral/written communication, interpersonal, intuitive and analysis skill. Thrive both independent and collaborative work environments.
***Known for developing and executing innovative policies and procedures.
-Restaurant Hostess
*** Represent the service and overall hospitality of the staff of the restaurant as the first impression of all guests. While guests are waiting to be seated or waiting for take-out orders to be ready, Ensure that the guests are made comfortable and kept informed of the status of their orders or wait times.The responsibilities include monitoring the open dining sections of the restaurant for empty and cleaned tables, estimating wait times for guests, monitoring the guest waiting list, and ensuring that the needs of the guests are met while they are waiting. Responsible for answering the telephone, booking reservations and moving tables together to accommodate large parties. Also responsible for taking care of special need for food allergy.
Big Corporation, good benefits.
Accounts Payable Specialist/Vendor Relations (Current Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: clinic, gym, cafeteria and daycare are all in the building.
Cons: vely low salary, no breaks, 1/2 hour lunch, management changes too often, departments constantly restructring.
Carnival has many good benefits such as Daycare, Gym, Cafeteria, Clinic and other benefits. Carnival is moving from the idea of "Promoting from within" to hiring from outside. Carnival has a very low wage bracket. I enjoy working in the Corporate environment but one tends to get lost in the shuffle. The amount of work varies but is never slow, always busy.
The hardest part of my job is the amount of work is not compensated well. Carnival restructures too often, one is never sure when the next lay off will take place.
Fun Job, fun place to work.
Assistant Guest Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: cruising
Cons: long days at times
Wish I was still there. Good company, good benefits including cruising benefits.
Inbound call center for a cable provider
Web Support Specialist (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJanuary 22, 2015
This was a long time ago, and many things have changed since then. The company has changed names at least twice since I worked there.
team work
Stateroom Stewardess (Former Employee), Miami - FloridaJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: having the opportunity to know amazing places
Cons: short breaks in embarkation days
My activities started collecting the key and mail that must be delivered to the corresponding cabins . prepared my chemical which used to clean each cabin following the procedures of the company. entered each cabin, and passengers come out....
we had meeting with our management , learning always something new , and remaining principals things and details.
after finish our duties , we enjoy knowing beautiful places.
Great Place to work and great benefits
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Miami, FloridaJanuary 21, 2015
Carnival was a great place to work at. The benefits are fantastic. They have an onsite gym and daycare. However, the management can do more to better train and manage their employees.
Fun workplace
Hotel Admin Coordinator (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: possibility of advancement
Cons: work/life balance
As a Hotel Admin Coordinator I was easily learning new regulations and requirements, while ensuring consistency and compliance with the company’s and various country’s legal requirements, in a busy, fast paced and demanding environment. My daily duties involved working among a team in a standalone role, collating and organizing detailed information and instructions into comprehensive documents for legal authorities and corporation managers, while diligently meeting deadlines.

1 2 3 4 5

About Carnival Cruise Lines

Carnival is "The World's Most Popular Cruise Line®", with 23 ships operating three to 17 day voyages to The Bahamas, – Read more

Carnival Cruise Lines Photos