Carnival Cruise Lines

Carnival Cruise Lines Employee Reviews

A place where multi culture relationship is important
Galley Steward (Current Employee) –  Miami, FloridaJanuary 10, 2017
Working in Carnival Cruiseline is one of the best thing happened in my life. Everyday is a challenge working in a ship, you need to face that you will see the same face each and everyday of your contract. With less time for siesta and prohibited for spending the whole day off, working on board is not as normal job as everybody thinks of.

Being a Galley Steward that is responsible for a lots of stuff, we always face our day with the jam packed of physical work. Setting up machines for dishwashing, preparing clean plates, ensuring cleanliness and providing the needs of dining area and culinary. Here, what ive learned is the multi- tasking and wiser ways to finish your job at the end of the day. You cannot do everything from time to time but thinking ways and time management is a must.
Pros
Food, Activities, Learning Center, Rules
Cons
Long Hours of work, Not much employee development, Less benefit for promotion, Sometimes stressful bosses
Hard and fun
Dealer (Former Employee) –  USAOctober 27, 2016
The management was so bad and week . The work was to much and the benefits so small. Food was horrible.
Some of the supervisor where giving me hard time. I got in a position when I couldn't do nothing because 2 of the supervisors where the wife's of the manager and assistant manager.
I meed great people to. it was not bad all the time but honestly there are a lot of supervisor that should not worck for a company that is having " fun" as logo. We where short stuff all the time and work 3-4 hours with no break at all. usually I got stuck at a black jack table for 3 hours straight with full table no break.
We had all the tables open with no players In the casino an no breack for long time.
Pros
Traveling and meet a lot of people
Cons
long hours bad paimpayments
Productive and fun workplace
International Travel Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLSeptember 22, 2016
A typical day at work, reaching out to our new guest whom are interested in our booking a cruise but also providing great customer service to those who are already made reservation. I have learn who important is it to maintain a good relationship with your guest. I also look up to management because they are doing a lot behind the scenes. making sure that we stayed inspired and motivated. Nothing like have great leaders to rely on . Most enjoyable part of my job is that I work in the comfort of my own home. The hardest part of my job with a high income, comes high accountability and responsibility to deliver on my numbers and goals. I think the most rewarding thing about sales is providing customers with the best service possible. I pride myself on making sure that a customer knows about the product they are purchasing, features and benefits. the
Pros
the sky is the limit when it comes to your income.
Cons
Helping guests with travel plans is fun!
Personal Vacation Planner (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 27, 2016
As a Personal Vacation Planner, you are required to work long hours and many days. However, the compensation is great if you learn the job and work hard. The benefits are 2nd to none. Selling Fun is so much better than selling most everything else. Highly recommend applying to a PVP.
Pros
The comp package, the culture, the cruise benefits, leadership, opportunity to work remotly.
Cons
Little room for advancement, no change is salary, 70% of pay is bonus.
Seasoned Finance Executive
Shipboard Finance Ececutive (Former Employee) –  Florida, MiamiDecember 9, 2016
Accomplished, results-driven, and performance focused Finance professional with successful 13+ year career offering key strengths in strategic financial planning, operations and staff management, and process optimization. Recognized as a multi-disciplined, team-oriented, forward-looking leader with proven expertise in corporate budget planning and management and aligning daily practices with corporate vision. Highly experienced in analyzing financial statement reports, identifying areas of opportunity, and maximizing available resources. Practiced in managing corporate financial needs across diverse disciplines. An organizational leader with high bias for action, organized, and process oriented approach that has proven business results.
fun work place
stateroom steward (Former Employee) –  florida miamiDecember 11, 2016
It had been 9 years working in this company it is good place we are like a family event we are coming from any other country but we are in ine unity it is I AM CARNIVAL...but the worst thing that i feel not comfortable is there always changing the work system and getting more and more hard time for the crew, and this kind of hard time not following with good salary or we call it gratuity but the opposite. They cut our salary we gettin salary less then our monthly salary like we get before. And if we facing problem they always ignoring crew member look like they dont like to defen specially for the crew member who had been work more then 10 years they akways try to find push us and looking for a mistake from our side so if we have it this mistake and unforgiven mistake they just put us terminated or got fire so they dont need to pay retirement plan for those crew member which had been working up to 10 years.
Pros
free food, no cost living
Cons
long hours work, hard time, no day off, unbalance salary
A Great Stepping Stone
Training and development Manager (Current Employee) –  MiamiJanuary 9, 2017
The HR Department and training positions are some of the best jobs to have on the ship.

However, the company culture and work/life balance leaves quite to desire. It is a great learning experience, but I would not recommend staying here long-term for the reason that it is very demanding and does not allow a lot of time for personal/professional development.
Pros
Allexpenses paud
Cons
70 hour work weeks are typical, with little/no days off.
Excellent company
Piano Bar Entertainer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 17, 2016
I spent over ten years performing contract work for the cruise line. Carnival is a strong company with solid management. The emphasis is on fun/guest satisfaction, and safety.

Four hours per night,six nights a week, was the typical schedule. Needless to say, this is quite demanding on the voice.

What was most enjoyable to me? I met a diversity of fine people from all 'walks of life'. Many fans remain in touch with me...
Pros
Steady work.
Cons
Guests who lie about you to obtain free cruises/gifts/benefits.
This is the right job for people who wants progress at work.
SHIPBOARD ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 13, 2016
Being an On Board Accountant is very challenging, which in the long run, helps you improve and learn more in your career.
You deal with different situations that enables you to use your choice of action and utmost judgement to solve a particular situation.

On board, you have the benefit to see the different parts of the USA and other countries for free!!! Being on different Ship itineraries makes you see the other places and as a part of the crew, you do it without having to pay anything.

You are provided with good cabins and the Head Office in Miami with all the managers or Officers involved, make sure that we are given the good living and working place to stay on that limited space on the ship.

The hardest part of the job is being away from your family! There are more than 100 nationalities on board which means a diversified number of cultures which you should be able to know how to deal with to avoid the differences. But aside from that, challenges are everywhere...it's just how you want to deal with it!!!!
Pros
Free travel, Good salary, More learning experiences on your line of work
Cons
Long working hours, Away from your family, NO DAY OFF
Carnival creates activities for team members on board too.
/Team headwaiter (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 17, 2016
A Typical working day at work on cruise, is serving 40 to 50 guests within 4 hours. Set up your station in high standard as per the company policy and Usph. Follow rules and regulation giving by the management. It is a hard working environment but the ambiance/atmosphere ( dancing / singing ) for guests and the spirit of team work makes it enjoyable.
Pros
Culture adaptation within team members.
Cons
Away from family.
It only looks good.
Cruise Consultant (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLAugust 14, 2016
This job description will bring you in but real life is different.
You'll work long hours, get $11 or $13 per booking and at the end of the month scratch your head...
I think most of the reviews below are cooked by the company. If the work is so good why are they former empl?
A training class starts every couple of monthes because many peple give up!
Do yoursel a favor and look for something else.
They also promisse free travel but thats just another trick, it is impossible to get this free trip.
Pros
Air conditioned space, very cold!
Cons
Long hours, low salary, supervisors favor the girls who do the same.
challenging work with a highly learning skills
U.S.A as Assistant Cook Lido (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 5, 2017
My job description use to be ''setup up continental breakfast counter for guest and setup lunch counters for 2000 to 3000 guest depends on the ship'' .It was great experience working with such a high esteem organisation and talented co workers from different part of the world, i have improve allot from this experience where i can handle any situation at any given time under my department. the best part of my work was to interact with people know their culture and habits where i can use them in my coming future to elaborate my skills to satisfy their needs to make my organisation proud and to give more revenue out of my skills.
Pros
free lunches, accommodation, games, staff party and heath care
Cons
short breaks and long drils
always the best in cruise industry
Able Seaman (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 18, 2016
It was always good, had best experience in my Shipping career. Working there is like a heaven, working on a floating island.
Only drawback to work there or any ship is to miss family and friends.
Pros
Free food and accomodation as well as free air tickets
Cons
long hours, heavy lifting, far away from family
Fun place to work
Personal Vacation Planner (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLDecember 12, 2016
Carnival cruise line is a fun company to work for. The consumer research department was fun, but job security wasn't there. Very long hours are required and you had to work hard to achieve customer loyalty.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
No job security
Good
Check-in Specialist A-Pass (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXDecember 29, 2016
Good workplace with well work life balance. I liked my co workers and enjoyed working with them.
Compensation and benefit package needs to be little higher.
its a good and fun working environment
Assistant Team Waiter (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 27, 2016
work with different cultures, I have learn to work in a hotel and restaurant business. hard work and long hours but manageable. I have learned to deal with different kind of cultures guests or workmates.
Pros
food and place provided.
Cons
no overtime pay
Creating the Value of being the FUN Ships, creating that culture FUN for ALL, ALL for FUN concept. Floating city with FUN being the utmost Priority
Director of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 8, 2016
24/7 On Call Duty

Have to be cautious at all times, since Emergency never knocks before coming.

Strong culture of Learning and Development and imparting cohesiveness as one team to work towards Dazzling and Delighting the guests.

125 difference nationalities to work with, knowing their culture and acting accordingly was the biggest challenge.

The most enjoyable part of my job was to know and be a part of a 1500 strong family on the ship, earned that respect from my colleagues heart.
Cons
2 vacations a year and healthcare
If my position wasn't eliminated I would still be thereq
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 12, 2016
It is a great place to work but unfortunately there are allot of politics and power hungry management. I was lucky to have 2 boss' that weren't but as soon as I was given to a new boss... she got rid of my position to later give it to a friend.
Pros
The relationships made
Cons
Power Hungry management
Secure and interesting job in big company
Storeroom Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 14, 2016
Working for CCL is fun and bring your high level of security. You travel and see different places and cultures. Salary and benefits are very good. The downside is missing for long periods from home and very high turn over of the personnel.
Fun ship
Assistant food operations manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaNovember 17, 2016
Every thing fine just only hve homesickness company is very nice good environment good salary company have 26 ships so we have chance to travel all over the world
Pros
Free fooding and lodgeing
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carnival Cruise Lines. Our community is ready to answer.