Carnival Cruise Lines Employee Reviews

Great place to work if you land in the right department
Supervisor, Corporate Travel & Crew Hotel Program (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLAugust 18, 2017
Great place to work if you land in the right department. Benefits are awesome and they make it a fun place to work. They even have a daycare, b-ball courts, gym and urgent care onsite.
Excellent company
Manager of Guest Access Services (Current Employee) –  Doral, FLAugust 18, 2017
room for advancement, great culture, excellent benefits. you have the ability to start at an entry level job and move to other areas as you progress. and the travel benefits are great.
Pros
cutler and benefits
Cons
traffic in Doral office
Happy work environment
Personal Vacation Planner (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLAugust 17, 2017
Carnival Cruise Lines was an extremely fun job to be part of. Very very good sales job. The employees around you also make it a very enjoyable company to work for. You were planning other families and people's vacations what's there not to like. The only thing about this particular sales job is that your fixed salary is very low, so you are basically working on commission only. Your work life balance is almost nonexistent because in order to make a living you must work seven days a week 24 seven
Pros
Fun
Cons
No work life balance
Great family work place
Reservation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 15, 2017
Worked with a team of 12 agents who were like a small family. When I started we were only about 50 employees. We had great benefits and bonuses. We learned from each other since many of the systems we were using were brand new to the cruise industry.
Pros
Lunch allowences
Cons
Very long hours at times due to company emergencies
Funplace
Assistant Cook (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 15, 2017
Working. In carnival cruiseline is a big opportunity..their i learned a lot about shiplife i learned how to deal other races how to speak without fear... The company gave me the confidence on working with pride
Pros
Free food
Cons
Short breaks
Interesting job
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 15, 2017
It was my first bartender job. I learned a lot about cocktails. I loved that I got to meet people from around the world, loads of traveling. Stuff is friendly, helpful and cooperative. It's nice that I got to save money, because i was living on a ship.
Pros
Internationality, traveling
Cons
Long job contract
Fun and memorable experience with guests and crew.
Youth director (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 13, 2017
I worked with the kids and teens on a cruise ship. Management is very friendly and approachable in the company.
I enjoyed my profession and activities onboard.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Free health check-ups
everyday you get to learn new skills
Patissier (Former Employee) –  Miami, USA.August 11, 2017
Good fun to work for this popular cruise line in the United States because you with ships crew from different nationalities. I gained a lot of knowledge and experiance working with different Chefs. The management is very organised and well trained. The kitchen is equipped with different tools and well organised,the most enjoyable part of the job is that every body treats you with respect.
Pros
Free accomdation and food
Cons
Less salary
Busy but fun work environment
Dinning room hostess and wedding planner (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 11, 2017
I learned a lot from Carnival cruise lines. One of the best working experience. Dealing with big crowd(over 1500-4000) made me confident on my job. Management was very co-operative. Great team member to work with.
Pros
Free travel expenses
Cons
No days off
Fun
Purser/Chief Purser (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 10, 2017
No rush hour to get to your office, but will have to greet, converse with a lot of crewmembers before you made it to your office. Passengers were 95% of the time happy of being on a ship, making your job more satisfying and easier to do it.
Pros
Travel
Cons
24 hours on call
Mazing fun workplace
Guest Relations Officer (Former Employee) –  MIAMIAugust 10, 2017
Good experience,amazing staff and friendly team, good work ethic that shows uttermost respect and care for team members well being. Most enjoyable part is everything is all about fun.
Pros
Free meals, Accomodation, Wide variety of team activities
Cons
Limited communcation channels with top officers
very good
Sr Storage consultant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 8, 2017
very good company to work with , very large organisation and running business successfully. glad to be part of such company. wish to be part of this company again.
Travel the world, enhance guest experience, be a leader
Music Director/Music (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 8, 2017
I enjoyed my time with the company, it was a great opportunity to travel and do what I love to do which is perform for people. A big part of our job was also to engage with the guests to ensure their time on board was memorable and fun. As a Manager I had the opportunity to work alongside many different people from many different countries. Unlike most jobs you can't check out at the end of your shift and go home, you are really on 24 hours a day. My office actually was my room and my work computer sat on a desk about 2 feet from my bed, on top of having an office phone and a cell phone. Things can change as quick as the weather and you have to be ready to adapt and take on a new challenge on the fly. The job never felt like a routine even though we are always on a itinerary or schedule.
Pros
Opportunity to travel and perform nightly, stable income as an entertainer, benifits
Cons
detached from family and friends, long hours
Nice work place n so fun
Chef De Partie (Current Employee) –  USAAugust 8, 2017
Carnival is very good company for allegedly staff carnival provide good facility n fun activities also Carnival have good comnication staff also Carnival respect all releason also
Pros
Free all food
Cons
Good time
Family Oriented
Port Agent (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 4, 2017
Flexible work schedule. detailed training, constant opportunity for growth. Co-workers become like family. Corporate offices have a day care facility and they have a great job stability.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Can't work there from Montana
Fun great place to work but you have to put in the years
Guest Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 4, 2017
I applied for the job to move up within the company and finish school while I was there. It is a large and very fun company to work for with amazing benefits and employee discounts. The people are great and very successful but you have to put in a lot of years there or get hired already in the position you want to be in because it is not very easy to move up. Laterally yes, but promoted, get ready to put in the time. The entry level positions are fun when you first get hired but after putting in so much time and effort you will want to make a move.
Pros
benefits, fun work place, employee discounts
Cons
hard to grow within, or start entry level and move up
Productive and fun workplace with contests and cruise discounts
Cruise Consultant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 3, 2017
As a Cruise Consultant I would handle calls from both Travel Agents and Direct Customers. Majority of calls were making reservations and helping Travel Agents with any discounts. Very enjoyable work environment with few complaints.
Pros
Cruise Discounts and Contests
Cons
Too far to drive to a Port from Colorado Springs.
Great, fun environment
Beverage Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  LAAugust 3, 2017
Great company to work for, always going that extra to keep the team and the guests entertained and focused. Would recommend anyone to work here, you will be so happy you applied
Carnival Reservations
International Reservations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 1, 2017
Fast paced call center, completing all reservations for your account, requested via text. and always available to help the overwhelming amount of calls coming in from the call center.
Pros
great benefits and work atmosphere
Cons
working weekends
Enjoyable work place and always able to learn new things
Document Clerk (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 26, 2017
Carnival was very lively and if you ever needed help, management was often there to help. You worked with many agents from many different departments and also it was nice working with the many external travel agents
Pros
On site Bank, Gym and Daycare
Cons
30 minute lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carnival Cruise Lines. Our community is ready to answer.